Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

DarkstarIV posted:

Trailer is up for anyone interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1tABKPBlJs

Lots of interesting story stuff in this one.

Here I am thinking I am a mature adult human being and from the very first second when FFVI music starts playing I'm giggling and bouncing up and down in my mature adult office chair like I'm 10 years old again and it's christmas.

Everything in there looks great, hype levels critical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Samael posted:

This happened to me when I completed all of stormblood and then did normal coil and found alisaie just chilling in a ARR zone not really knowing much about you. Or when I did the level 30 dragoon quest after heavensward and you see estinien giving you the coldest of shoulders when we should be bros :(

I avoided the first one, but I had the second one happen to me DURING Heavensward. :allears:

Vermain posted:

The fellow in the trailer shows up alongside Yugiri, so it's likely a part of the MSQ. They've generally started segregating the main characters so that one group (mainly Krile, Y'shtola, and Cid) only show up in side content after the initial MSQ, while the rest are solely involved in MSQ stuff. It's meant to prevent potentially weird situations where you have to go talk to someone for a piece of side content while, in the MSQ, they're supposed to be off in Sharlayan or kidnapped or whatever.

Makes sense.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

ImpAtom posted:

They are going to betray you and/or get betrayed by a certain amnesia woman once she gets her memory and everything is going to go to poo poo, probably directly on Doma's head so they can fit a FF6 ref in and also avoid having to rebuild the Doma area in MSQ.

Well of course, but even if I see how it's gonna go, it makes sense. I'm okay with a story meeting my expectations when my expectations are just "logical conclusions" at the minimum. Something is getting rebuilt before the end though like Mor Dhona and Idyllshire.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The Ananta seem to be rebuilding the area around one of the Castrums as part of their Beast Tribe Quests, possibly in addition to Vira Nilya. So I would be surprised if they don't have something similar in Doma, likely with the Namazu.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Rosalind posted:

Surely the third fourth fifth? decorated military leader who has subjugated entire populaces with his own twisted morality will be the one to bring down the magical cat girl in a bikini who uses a sword with a moogle on it.

He introduces himself with a last name of "Brutus", not taking that sucker's bet.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Meiteron posted:

Here I am thinking I am a mature adult human being and from the very first second when FFVI music starts playing I'm giggling and bouncing up and down in my mature adult office chair like I'm 10 years old again and it's christmas.

Everything in there looks great, hype levels critical.

I was SO HAPPY with the final five seconds of the trailer.

SO. HAPPY.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

It certainly put a smile on my face.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Unfortunately, I have died due to prolonged exposure to the phantom train theme.

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I avoided the first one, but I had the second one happen to me DURING Heavensward. :allears:

Makes sense.

WoW doesn't even care after 10 years. The Horde throne room is a temporal paradox at this point.

That trailer was great. I was grinning through the whole thing and can't wait.

Spuzzz fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jan 19, 2018

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

all the FFVI mixes in the trailer had me so hype fuckkkkkkkkkkkk.

Cannot wait!

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

quote:

In the future there will be an option to attach a set to a job, it's not ready for Patch 4.2. Additionally, the Glamour Dresser will be expanded upon in the future.

:woop:

Also pleasantly surprised at those monk changes. Not really what I wanted but it's a start.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
I just thought of something bad.

Inventory stacked items are getting changed to go above 99.

This means Market Board stacks could also be going above 99.

And SE didn't mention a "buy fraction of stack" option.

This could be problematic.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

SL the Pyro posted:

I just thought of something bad.

Inventory stacked items are getting changed to go above 99.

This means Market Board stacks could also be going above 99.

And SE didn't mention a "buy fraction of stack" option.

This could be problematic.

I'm hoping you can still easily make money selling 5 stacks when people go 999 for no reason

So the BLM changes are upping potency, proc time, and making aetherial manipulation a 10s cooldown?

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jan 19, 2018

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
I was hoping for some smoothing of MCH. Guess not :(

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

O4S cleared! Got my rear end carried through the run - went from clearing faustdeath to clearing it in the same instance. Also managed to steal the coffer, mount and the katana for my samurai dropped as well, so I don't need anything from this tier anymore. Woohoo! Just in time for next patch :)

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

A. Beaverhausen posted:

So the BLM changes are upping potency, proc time, and making aetherial manipulation a 10s cooldown?

Zwee Fighting Mastery confirmed for BLM in 4.2. Also I will legit give all my comms to any BLM who actually makes proper use of it with that cooldown time.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

all the FFVI mixes in the trailer had me so hype fuckkkkkkkkkkkk.

Cannot wait!

They sound pretty great, I’m stoked.

Are we just not talking about what this means for the 4.4 raids, or...? Because, uh, holy fuckin’ poo poo

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
DOOM TRAIN :vince:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Die Sexmonster! posted:

They sound pretty great, I’m stoked.

Are we just not talking about what this means for the 4.4 raids, or...? Because, uh, holy fuckin’ poo poo

It might just be Omega variations next raid set so they don't blow their FF7 load.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

It might just be Omega variations next raid set so they don't blow their FF7 load.

Beep boop does not compute. :) Hundred Gunner and Materia Keeper fights please

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Hunter Noventa posted:

Oh hell, they just slammed down those guys who used alts and FCs to buy up entire wards' worth of housing, one private and one fc house per world per service account.

I look forward to the massive salt from this

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

If the last fight isn't against Omega this entire raid series jumps the shark. Also they aren't going to have Sephiroth be a third floor midboss. I wouldn't get hopes up about FF7 in the next Omega tier, but that crossover will happen eventualy in some form.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jan 19, 2018

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hunter Noventa posted:

Oh hell, they just slammed down those guys who used alts and FCs to buy up entire wards' worth of housing, one private and one fc house per world per service account.

Took long enough.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
O12/O13 is absoultely going to be a fight against Omega itself, there can't be any question about that.

FF7 seems like something they'd want to hold back for when the remake comes out for cross-promotional purposes.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

SwissArmyDruid posted:

O12/O13 is absoultely going to be a fight against Omega itself, there can't be any question about that.

FF7 seems like something they'd want to hold back for when the remake comes out for cross-promotional purposes.

That makes sense; 7.0 is a fitting patch number for the ffvii content

E: I’m at work so can’t watch the 4.2 trailer or look at websites with too many catgirls on them but did they buff rdm?

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Ainsley McTree posted:

E: I’m at work so can’t watch the 4.2 trailer or look at websites with too many catgirls on them but did they buff rdm?

No changes to rdm.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

SwissArmyDruid posted:

when the remake comes out

😂😂😂

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Rosalind posted:

No changes to rdm.

Disappointing but not surprising. Maybe next time

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Also I'm disappointed about the pld nerf. Pld felt like it was in a perfect place. Why nerf their damage?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Wish RDM would get a numbers bump but that's pure selfishness on my part, not that red actually needs buffs :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Kuvo posted:

DOOM TRAIN :vince:

Phantom Train. :(

Doomtrain is VIII.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

BrightWing posted:

Wish RDM would get a numbers bump but that's pure selfishness on my part, not that red actually needs buffs :v:

:same:

I’d love it if my favorite class was also the strongest class but I’ll take it as is

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Did not expect FFVI to fill out the next raid tier just because of all the love it's already received. Glad to be wrong though :).

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

What is the 4th sprite that shows up after Dadaluma in the trailer? It looks kinda like Hidon but it doesn't quite line up with the sprite.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Phantom Train. :(

Doomtrain is VIII.

Which makes me confused, I thought Doomtrain was a thing people wanted to see, why blow your load on a 'phantom train' as loving cool as the fight looks

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

What is the 4th sprite that shows up after Dadaluma in the trailer? It looks kinda like Hidon but it doesn't quite line up with the sprite.

Near as I can tell, it's actually a sprite of the final boss of Great Gubal Library.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
She doesn't even step on one person in that trailer. What a waste of my time.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Which makes me confused, I thought Doomtrain was a thing people wanted to see, why blow your load on a 'phantom train' as loving cool as the fight looks

The Phantom Train is the original evil train which spawned all of the memes, though. I was just correcting the name they used, which was a summon in VIII that had no fight attached.

Unless you're messing with me. It's hard to tell over the internet sometimes.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

SirPhoebos posted:

Did not expect FFVI to fill out the next raid tier just because of all the love it's already received. Glad to be wrong though :).

This is why I’m still convinced Omegascape will be FFVII-themed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The Phantom Train is the original evil train which spawned all of the memes, though. I was just correcting the name they used, which was a summon in VIII that had no fight attached.

Unless you're messing with me. It's hard to tell over the internet sometimes.

Nope, not messing. 8 was my first Final Fantasy so I have an attachment to it's summons I guess lol. I need to learn more of my Final Fantasy pre 8.

E: Well 7 was my first, but I just didn't connect to it like everyone else did