Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

LODGE NORTH posted:

Is it worth it for me to go set out for the Master Sword this early (just beat Vah Ruta or whatever the gently caress)

I did. it's useful to have a sword that doesn't break (completely) imo, plus the 2x damage boost is nice when doing the rest of n-blight ganons. you do need to find+complete a lot of shrines though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

DoctorWhat posted:

There is a massive skeletal beast deep within the bowels of Hyrule Castle. That shield is your reward.

drat, I thought I picked that place clean.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
If there’s a sequel, what hopes do people have for it?

I want to see more enemy types, more populated cities and the hookshot

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

I couldn't get the gate to stay open in the basement of the castle. I shot the corrupted eye through the bent hole, the gate raised and then a lizard dude came running out and the gate slammed shut.

What did I do wrong? I really want that shield.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CRAYON posted:

I couldn't get the gate to stay open in the basement of the castle. I shot the corrupted eye through the bent hole, the gate raised and then a lizard dude came running out and the gate slammed shut.

What did I do wrong? I really want that shield.

I'm not sure if it's the exact spot you mean but you might need to make ice

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

TheKingofSprings posted:

A fully seamless world, with actual underground caves and indoor areas instead of shrines that have to load. Dungeons which are like Hyrule Castle and have optional key items buried deep within, similar to the shield, but rather than do anything new, they facilitate cooler movement--hookshot, a spinner that works on any climbable surface, some kind of air dash, etc. These same dungeons should also have dungeon gimmicks and puzzles like old school Zeldas, but still allow for freeform exploration (maybe lock items and secret bosses behind navigational puzzles?).

The 900 Korok seeds (with only half required to fully power up) are fine in essence, but I'd like them dressed up more to make them feel more varied than they actually are. Add a few dozen more puzzle types, and reskin some of them--for example, the archery challenges could easily be Poes, and the Korok gleams of light that fly around could be, I dunno, the loving rabbit from Mario. And instead of making the cost for inventory space exponential, just add more things to do with seeds, like purchase special items, or provide unique upgrade ingredients.

Edit: Alternatively, all I need is for them to surprise me again

Argue fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jan 19, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

Just copy how Majora's Mask built upon Ocarina of Time. That's it.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

The Bloop posted:

I'm not sure if it's the exact spot you mean but you might need to make ice

I remember opening gates with ice down there, so I hope I'm not that dumb. I'll try to investigate soon.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Sure? The only requirement is having 13 hearts

I did not know this. Better get to it, I guess.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

TheKingofSprings posted:

Basically the adventure being that the Rito take you across the unpassable canyons of the north to allow you to go to new and undiscovered lands where you meet different cultures and there is a big bad that you have to take care of there, while at the same time deal with completely foreign people and lands and learn about them as well.

Edit: these different cultures would explain new weapon styles like the hookshot etc. Also, make this game have a function that allows you to choose to have 2 players going at the same time being that it would be Link and Zelda exploring these new lands.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 19, 2018

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I want the same game but with guns and tou just bust a cap in everyone

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I was just fooling around for a bit and suddenly fire arrows were working just fine in the rain when I was on the motorcycle. When I hopped off, they still worked. I was thinking maybe it was the Royal Guard Bow I was using as a previously undiscovered effect, but when I swapped out bows to test that theory, the fire arrows still worked fine. Possible bug?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Some neat tips here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlH7wIhS0WU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I tried arrowing the lightning dragon in the horn to get stuff from it. It just electrocuted me and I fell into the lake with zero stamina. Is it ever going to come back?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Stairmaster posted:

I tried arrowing the lightning dragon in the horn to get stuff from it. It just electrocuted me and I fell into the lake with zero stamina. Is it ever going to come back?

Yes, all 3 have a rotation pattern. Daily maybe?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

They all come back each day.

Note that you'll always get a scale the first time you shoot a dragon, no matter where you hit it, probably because you need one of each scale for shrine quests. After that, though, you can start getting the more specific parts.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Also getting chunks off them is a lot easier with a) a bow with zoom (phrenic or golden) and/or immunity to whichever element that one is.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Rito bows are good, too (Swallow or Falcon). They don't zoom, but they have a really long range so you don't have to account for arrow drop as much. Just don't use the Great Eagle Bow, because it fires three arrows and will probably hit something you aren't aiming at.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Ancient Bow has drat near zero drop off at hilarious ranges. I tend to just use that for pin pointing stuff that just needs to be hit.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Lol you can hot a dragon with the Amiibow from like ten miles away

Thing is broken as gently caress

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I was just fooling around for a bit and suddenly fire arrows were working just fine in the rain when I was on the motorcycle. When I hopped off, they still worked. I was thinking maybe it was the Royal Guard Bow I was using as a previously undiscovered effect, but when I swapped out bows to test that theory, the fire arrows still worked fine. Possible bug?

Fire arrows have always ignited in rain, as far as I know, though the things you ignite with them douse quickly. It's Bomb Arrows that lose their capabilities in rain.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I'm in the first elephant dungeon and there's a part where I think I have to freeze Tim and hot a happy with a hammer but my hammer broke. What do?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I'm in the first elephant dungeon and there's a part where I think I have to freeze Tim and hot a happy with a hammer but my hammer broke. What do?

Tim doesn’t deserve that :(

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Hot that happy with a himmer instead

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Leave and get a new hammer or use any other weapon.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Hey so there’s a whole rear end green dragon here? Do I go towards it

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

LODGE NORTH posted:

Hell yeah, go hang out with the dragon

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Do I need to have 13 hearts normally or can I get hosed up and have Midna give me extra hearts then go get the Master Sword?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
They have to be permanent hearts.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

LODGE NORTH posted:

if you shoot the dragon it will bestow gifts

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also remember you can respec between hearts and stamina in Hateno village.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

LODGE NORTH posted:

Do I need to have 13 hearts normally or can I get hosed up and have Midna give me extra hearts then go get the Master Sword?

If you mean heart trades then yes, those count as permanent (unlike yellow food-boosted hearts) and you can reconfigure back to less than 13 hearts afterwards.

Also go chase the dragon.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

maltesh posted:

Fire arrows have always ignited in rain, as far as I know, though the things you ignite with them douse quickly. It's Bomb Arrows that lose their capabilities in rain.

:v:

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

These loving dancing bastards piss me the duck off.

There’s a tower with like three of them and a lizard fucker just right outside. I can’t even hit this ghoul faced bastard and then his buddies come over and I caught one waving at me before zapping me and all my poo poo to kingdom come. I’m not even upset, I’m just incredibly loving angry.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Hobbies of the Rich is the worst sidequest. I wish I'd never helped that guy and his family.

I wish they were still doing DLC. I would totally pay for one that is just petting dogs, Ezlo the hat, and helping some of the travelers you end up rescuing repeatedly. Get off the road, it's dangerous!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LODGE NORTH posted:

There’s a tower with like three of them and a lizard fucker just right outside. I can’t even hit this ghoul faced bastard and then his buddies come over and I caught one waving at me before zapping me and all my poo poo to kingdom come. I’m not even upset, I’m just incredibly loving angry.

There's like three towers I'm putting off until I get better gear and that's one of them

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

LODGE NORTH posted:

The only thing I wish about them is that they reacted more when you're immune to whatever element they are. It's great fun just ignoring the bastards while they try and zap you but I wish I could actually piss them off.

Also stealth is a wonderful thing.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

LODGE NORTH posted:

Ah, Wasteland Tower. My final conquest on my first playthrough.

My first encounter went about as badly as yours did.

When I eventually came back, stocked up with electrical resistance food and the best dragonbone gear I could find... Well, I actually killed nearly all of them from a distance with bomb arrows.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Just learned from a friend you could use plants as bait to catch fish, and the bait depends on the kind of fish too. Apparently it was a loading screen tip, but I swear I never saw it in my 200 hr play through. Pretty cool to come back to the game and just hear weird poo poo like that you never knew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
It's honestly useless in practice because you receive infinite bombs at the beginning of the game :shrug:

I still love that details like this are in the game, don't get me wrong.