Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Taintrunner posted:

You're goddamn right it does

Wtf where's the horse!? :horse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is Monster Hunter World a game you absolutely have to play with other people? Is it a pretty challenging game?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Is Monster Hunter World a game you absolutely have to play with other people? Is it a pretty challenging game?

You can mon hun solo too, and I think all the missions in World can be played with either. It is very fun to play with others though, and it's pretty challenging especially as you're getting used to weapon animation and such.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I said come in! posted:

You can play solo just fine. 90% of my play time in MH games is just solo hunting (World might change that when the pc version comes out since I can finally get my friends to try it).

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Palico trailer is making me want to buy Monster Hunter World.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You should buy goty 2018. I'm telling myself to hold off until the PC release because I have too many games already, but we'll see if my resolve lasts.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I said come in! posted:

The Palico trailer is making me want to buy Monster Hunter World.

there's an open betademo on ps4 right now!!!! go try it

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Taintrunner posted:

You're goddamn right it does

1/6th scale? That thing is nearly a foot tall?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Not a Children posted:

1/6th scale? That thing is nearly a foot tall?

Yeah! It's pretty impressively tall.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

I mostly play MH games on my own (a few hundred hours at this point I guess) but sometimes I like specifically having a weapon set that I only use with other people. Usually a ranged weapon like a bow or something

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'm afraid that if I try to play MHW my PS4 will start to crap out like what happened to my 3DS when I played Generations (which had absolutely nothing to do with Monster Hunter but my brain is broken).

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm very tempted to upgrade to a PS4 Pro in time for MH World but I know that's real dumb and probably not worth it in any way.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Harrow posted:

I'm very tempted to upgrade to a PS4 Pro in time for MH World but I know that's real dumb and probably not worth it in any way.

If you don't have a UHD 4K TV then no, it's not really worth it. Although my justification was that I could easily flip my old PS4 and still recoup about half the investment.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

al-azad posted:

If you don't have a UHD 4K TV then no, it's not really worth it. Although my justification was that I could easily flip my old PS4 and still recoup about half the investment.

Yeah, that's the thing. I don't have a 4k TV and I'm not about to get one in the next year or two, so there's really no reason. I've heard varying reports about better frame rates on some games but honestly my experience in the MH World beta has been all right, no worse than Bloodborne and I love the hell out of that game.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Harrow posted:

as someone who did in fact do this and does indeed have a uhdtv, don't

it looks better but not $200+ tradein better (and the shame of buying into what is imo a really lovely business practice)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Colonel posted:

little witch academia owns

Isnt there another academia show? Like my hero or something? Are they related?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

My hero academia, and as far as I know they are not related.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Are they related?

No.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Just a popular word in japan i guess

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I know the Aloy skin is purely cosmetic but it's getting me more interested in MHW than I would be otherwise

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Persona 5 showed up in the mail so I can play it when I finish P4G but my wife is berating me into playing through Yakuza 0 with her. Marriage is so hard!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Your wife is right.

P5 still great tho but gotta do that yak

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

cool wife

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

My wife was mad i beat y0 when she was asleep and came out screaming "ya'kuse" (like the french word j'accuse) and pointing her finger at me

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That’s pretty witty, especially if she came up with it right after waking up

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

cant believe all these cool wives

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Real hurthling! posted:

my hero academia is a shonen thing like naruto or dragonball z, but with faster pacing and made by a guy who grew up with american comics. little witch academia is a goofy adventure comedy about witches

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Y-yeah wives, am I right

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm not even married and people will just say that I have a wife even if they know it's not true

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

You in a common law state?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I don't think common law has been a thing in the US for a while now. Definitely not in my state, though.

e: I was wrong, it is apparently still a thing. In my state tho, PA, I guess they got rid of it after 2005 so anyone with a common law marriage gets to keep it but after 05 you don't have it.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jan 19, 2018

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
personally, i can only marry someone once we confirm that we can both be in perfect sync when playing gunstar heroes

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It would take anime becoming real before I ever marry someone

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

You can always be married to your job.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

how could anime be a job

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jay Rust posted:

Didn't a woman marry Tetris or something

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

my wedding will be a perfect recreation of Neon Genesis Evangelion episode 9 "Both of You, Dance Like You Want To Win!", and if we fail to defeat the angel together in beautiful synchronicity then I'm getting a divorce on the spot

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Really Pants posted:

how could anime be a job

it's a pretty big industry, lots of jobs you could have really

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm moving to Japan so I can become the man that draws the big olde anime titties, actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z04VIhagpko

I think that's the dude who made adventure quest

• Locked thread