Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

rifles posted:

What an incredible transformation we got to see in this thread.

I mean, it's just a helmet. He didn't actually join the Rebel Alliance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Rhyno posted:

I mean, it's just a helmet. He didn't actually join the Rebel Alliance.

You watch though, in 2 movies time, they'll be calling him 'General'.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
The Empire only pays flat rate, and you better be able to meet Vader's time to task. I don't care if he has the Force, you should be able to get your arm in there to adjust that screw.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

:stare::fh:

Goddamnit Dave stop turning me all STR over here.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Love the new Gaga single.

DD, when you were still touring Florida, I tried to find my titanium survival spork to send to you. Thought it got lost in the move but just found it. It's not that great of a utensil but still neat.
Lemme know if you want it when you get back.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

rndmnmbr posted:

:stare::fh:

Goddamnit Dave stop turning me all STR over here.

Dave transformed into Rhea Butcher.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Frankly it's not like I'm that much richer than my sister, HHR might be my next car. Or a Matrix for that matter - I didn't realize the things stayed in production in Canada till 2014. Since we're talking beater cars, are the G5/Cobalt good ones? Thanks to my almost instinctive gut-level distaste for the Caviler/Sunfire, I didn't really look at those last time I went shopping for a used car.

My sister bought some loaded 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe, much to my quiet disappointment. It has the 3.3L V6.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
We're gonna need a bigger boat (Dave asked me to post these):

He's getting ready to head out.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jan 21, 2018

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
I used to work with a guy that had one of those vans. The split doors didn't latch properly but it never opened on the highway so guess it didn't matter.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Look out, it's Easy Rider.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Look out, it's UnEasy Rider.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

that would be everybody stuck behind him at the lights :gas:

velocross
Sep 16, 2007

Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco
#UNBAN14INCH

Adiabatic is being a jerk

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

velocross posted:

#UNBAN14INCH

Honestly I find it hilarious. You poke a bear 15 or 16 times, its gonna slap you with a paw the size of a dinner plate.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Dannywilson posted:

Honestly I find it hilarious. You poke a bear 15 or 16 times, its gonna slap you with a paw the size of a dinner plate.

Hm, I didn't really picture a bear/cub thing. Weird.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Loved reading this entire thing. Let me know if/when you're back in Orlando ever and I'll buy you a beer.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

iwentdoodie posted:

Dave transformed into Rhea Butcher.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought "40 year old lesbian" :haw:

Honestly though Dave, you're looking really healthy these days, and it's great.

Edit: I just got back from Miami Beach and that place sucks, gently caress off Florida.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

velocross posted:

#UNBAN14INCH

I feel like naming this forum after him means you knew what kind of person he was, sooo why do that if you're just gonna probe him all the time?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
I asked in the chat thread if anyone had any good names, and someone suggested the current name. If Dave decides to keep on I'll change it back. I agree that it was short-sighted of me to name it after a particular person.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

Pham Nuwen posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought "40 year old lesbian" :haw:

Honestly though Dave, you're looking really healthy these days, and it's great.

Edit: I just got back from Miami Beach and that place sucks, gently caress off Florida.

South florida loving blows, source, Im here right now. Ready to go back to ATL

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
I for one feel the Astro van is problematic. How will Dave spread the good word gas being cooped up alone in a van? I really think he's better off using public transport and causing derailments and amber alerts.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

slothrop posted:

I for one feel the Astro van is problematic. How will Dave spread the good word gas being cooped up alone in a van? I really think he's better off using public transport and causing derailments and amber alerts.

Dave also said that he feels unsatisfied with the Van. He wishes that he had the luxurious amount of room that the HHR provides, along with the silky smooth ride provided by its CVT.

DICK DICER posted:

Im averaging 18mpg at 90 lmao
Correction: 19.103 mpg @ 90

Which is like, better than both the Van I bought and Angryrobot's truck combined :v:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

MA-Horus posted:

Narrator: It did not go well.

DICK DICER posted:

Ok so minor hiccup, daddo says his property is totally inaccessible and wont be plowed for some time, its apparently buried to all hell and back

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The trailer? I thought Tremek came and got it?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Rhyno posted:

The trailer? I thought Tremek came and got it?

Nah, for reasons Tremek was never able to go fetch it, that's why Dave's been gearing up to head out there.
That, and to start his new life under his new identity:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

ExplodingSims posted:

Which is like, better than both the Van I bought and Angryrobot's truck combined :v:

Hey now we hit 12 with the trailer empty.

I, uh, thought I was joking with Dave about being headed back to Valentine. What kind of snow load is the roof of a pop up camper rated for? :stonk:

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

angryrobots posted:

I, uh, thought I was joking with Dave about being headed back to Valentine. What kind of snow load is the roof of a pop up camper rated for? :stonk:

I guess that all depends on how good a job he did fixing the lift mechanism...

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Surely Dave would have collapsed the camper before leaving...?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Monterey Bay Aquarium sticker!

Anyway sounds like Dave needs a snow shovel and some gumption.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Dave has a limitless supply of methane and a lighter, I'm sure he can figure something out.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

does panther piss work on snow

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Lighting another vehicle on fire can melt a pathway in the snow...

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

lol a month probe for a dumb joke what poo poo is that

free dave

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

FBS posted:

According to Dave, the answer is yes.

Panther Piss: Magic in a can

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

FBS posted:

With all the warnings on the can, that poo poo will probably melt drat near anything this side of steel.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
So, I just read through the exploding sims thread on his truck and then saw “Dick Dicer” posting in CA and somehow ended up here. Anyway, please get a full face helmet and CE rated boots.

Wearing a helmet that doesn’t cover your face isn’t really thaaaaat terrible for you in terms of how likely you are to die. That’s because your face is a fantastic crumple zone. However, there is some small modicum of pain involved in using your face as a crumple zone.

From a study, here’s what people hit. it’s their face

If you’re wondering about CE rated boots, google image search “Degloving foot motorcycle accident”

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if the side bias favors the side of the road you drive on.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

um excuse me posted:

I wonder if the side bias favors the side of the road you drive on.

That or left handed vs right handed.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
That is super interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Nebakenezzer posted:

Frankly it's not like I'm that much richer than my sister, HHR might be my next car. Or a Matrix for that matter - I didn't realize the things stayed in production in Canada till 2014. Since we're talking beater cars, are the G5/Cobalt good ones? Thanks to my almost instinctive gut-level distaste for the Caviler/Sunfire, I didn't really look at those last time I went shopping for a used car.

The Cobalt and G5 are essentially the same car as the HHR and Ion (G5 and Cobalt are pretty much identical outside of lights and cluster backlighting). The HHR got beefier suspension and a shorter final drive on the trans. The later Cobalt and G5 got the best cluster, in that you got a DIC that gave you tons of info (think this goes for the HHR as well). The Ion gave you the most basic cluster, but still gave you temp/fuel/speed/rpm via gauges.

If you're looking at a Matrix, cross shop it with a Pontiac Vibe (think I mentioned it before in this thread?). It's essentially the same car, but with the GM depreciation hit, GM HVAC, and GM radio. Mechanically it's the same car as the Matrix, and was built at the same plant (NUMMI).

ExplodingSims posted:

Dave also said that he feels unsatisfied with the Van. He wishes that he had the luxurious amount of room that the HHR provides, along with the silky smooth ride provided by its CVT.

That was the 03-05 Ion coupe :argh: (what a festering pile of poo poo... the sedan got an Asian AISIN Warner 5 speed auto that wasn't quite as bad, then they finally went to the GM 4T45E that all other Deltas used).

Leperflesh posted:

Anyway sounds like Dave needs a snow shovel and some gumption.

That speedometer is pointing at 110% gumption. :colbert:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jan 23, 2018

• Locked thread