Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

LethalGeek posted:

I have actually seen this happen more than once. When women find their sexual peek in their 20s/30s it's on for some of them.

I thought sexual peeking was usually a solo activity done best under the cover of night?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

I've asked him to sell it many times - he's been stranded on the highway three times, it's had thousands of dollars poured into it, and he refuses. My mom has asked him to sell it. 

Oh, well. If your mom is against it too, then I guess the car just has to go.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
That wagon owns bones. He should sell her instead.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Khorne posted:

Probably. The girlfriend is an unreliable narrator.

and I'm an unreliable reader for issues close to my heart

She clearly went into the discussion already upset and leapt at the first chance she had to take it out on him, she even admits this in her reddit comments and think's she handled a lot of it badly to the point she wants to apologize to him.

I get that people are super upset about his language but we really only had a onesided account of the discussion that took place in texts when the OP was already in a bad mood. I think he should respect her choice on what language to use and apologize for being stubborn about it, but I'm glad to see her recognize she probably contributed to why it blew up into such a fight in the first place. It's something that could have been handled more calmly all around.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Girl with the dude with the car - just wash your hands of it. Pay no money towards it, give him no lifts, if he gets stranded then that's his problem. He doesn't have to get rid of it, you don't have to help him out with it.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Would it be completely weird for me [23f] to ask out my favorite pilot [25m]?

quote:

Okay, so I’m going to be completely honest here......I’ve never really dated as an adult.

I moved recently-ish (six months ago) to a completely new place. Since moving here I have really gotten into nature photography and wilderness hiking. Often, the nature of the new place I live in requires me to hire what I can best describe as a bush pilot to get me around for my photography, and sometimes just to get around at all.

This is something I was completely unused to, and it took a few tries, but for the last four months or so there is one particular pilot that I’ve been using exclusively.

I really like flying with him because he cuts me a good price for being a repeat customer, he’s super-fun to talk to while we’re in the air, and, honestly, because he is just pleasant to look at when I’m stuck in a plane.

The last couple times I flew with him I was starting to recognize that it wasn’t a strictly professional attraction I had to him. Its the same feeling I had when I was in high school and crushing on someone way cooler than me.

A few weeks ago we had an incident where we basically wound up stuck at some air strip in the middle of nowhere for a night. It should have been boring as all hell, but I found myself just enjoying being around him so much that I was actually kind of disappointed when he announced it was safe to fly again.

I’ve been thinking maybe I should ask him to dinner (thats how adults date, right?) and see if there is something there.

But would it be completely crazy to ask him out. Our relationship, from his perspective anyway, has been all business. Is there some etiquette that would make it wrong for me to ask him on a date?

And when is the right time? Probably not when we are in the air, right? I’ve got his cell number, would it be okay to just call, or is that too impersonal?

Im sorry, I probably seem completely clueless, I’ve just never done this stuff and I really, really want to get with this guy!

tl;dr: I’ve been hiring a certain pilot for four months, partially because he’s a good pilot, but mostly because I’m crushing on him like a schoolgirl. Is there a way to gracefully ask him on a proper date?

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Hire a second pilot to write a sky message asking him out.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

La Brea Carpet posted:

Me [28/F] and my husband [30/M] fight constantly about his car. How can I let it go?

So what kind of car is worth blowing up a good relationship over?

That car fuckin rules

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Haifisch posted:

I want updates to this because if you need advice on how to hit the softest of softballs, then you are 100% going to gently caress it up somehow.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

LadyPictureShow posted:

I honestly can’t make heads or tails of this. She got duped by a business partner and the company came down on her and because she already has a criminal record they paid the court to have her thrown in jail?

She says in a comment she lives in a ‘developing country’, anybody know where you can pay to send someone to jail?
Maybe it was some sort of fraud? Sounds like they were hired to do something, said they'd do that thing, didn't do it, and instead just gave them a bunch of bullshit from made up numbers or something.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Our dog bites family and friends, relationship falling apart over itNon-Romantic
68 points 76 comments submitted 2 years ago by bison_curious to r/relationships
I am a 26 yr old female, living with boyfriend of 2 years (27). Great relationship, potential marriage material, except for.. The Dog.

Bf and I got a medium sized rescue dog together 6 months ago- a white shepherd mix. He is cute around just us two but has had a series of incidences where he bit people (chunks of skin) like our flatmate, my bf's dad, and my Bf himself. We have been working with a professional trainer that deals with aggressive dogs for 5 months (thank GOD he hasn't been charging us most lessons- so at least there's that).

Recently The Dog bit my mom around her whole arm. Luckily she was wearing a few thick sweaters so there was no puncture wounds but huge purple bruises where the teeth bit.

I am 100% convinced we need to surrender the dog or euthanize him as it is a huge liability and I am nervous he might bite at any time. My bf says the dog is salvageable and that he loves the dog and refuses to give it up.

I love my bf, but I'm petrified the dog might hurt someone. Everytime we talk about it, it ends in a huge fight and our relationship is falling apart over it. Am I in the wrong? Should I ask the Bf to move out? Is this grounds for breakup?

Please help me get some footing with this situation.

Tl;Dr (sorry dont know how to bold text)- dog is biting, and the liability scares me. I want to get rid of dog but Bf wants to keep it- what to do?

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Euthanize the boyfriend.

I loving hate people who won't put down their ~precious furbaby~ even after it's proven itself a giant liability and has caused harm to others. The girl did everythig right; aggression training was attempted, it didn't work, goodnight Cujo.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

Our dog bites family and friends, relationship falling apart over itNon-Romantic
68 points 76 comments submitted 2 years ago by bison_curious to r/relationships
I am a 26 yr old female, living with boyfriend of 2 years (27). Great relationship, potential marriage material, except for.. The Dog.

Bf and I got a medium sized rescue dog together 6 months ago- a white shepherd mix. He is cute around just us two but has had a series of incidences where he bit people (chunks of skin) like our flatmate, my bf's dad, and my Bf himself. We have been working with a professional trainer that deals with aggressive dogs for 5 months (thank GOD he hasn't been charging us most lessons- so at least there's that).

Recently The Dog bit my mom around her whole arm. Luckily she was wearing a few thick sweaters so there was no puncture wounds but huge purple bruises where the teeth bit.

I am 100% convinced we need to surrender the dog or euthanize him as it is a huge liability and I am nervous he might bite at any time. My bf says the dog is salvageable and that he loves the dog and refuses to give it up.

I love my bf, but I'm petrified the dog might hurt someone. Everytime we talk about it, it ends in a huge fight and our relationship is falling apart over it. Am I in the wrong? Should I ask the Bf to move out? Is this grounds for breakup?

Please help me get some footing with this situation.

Tl;Dr (sorry dont know how to bold text)- dog is biting, and the liability scares me. I want to get rid of dog but Bf wants to keep it- what to do?

Punch the dog.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
CHUNKS O' SKIN!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

They should wait for the dog to die.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Release the dog into the wilds of Alaska

Grammar-Bolshevik
Oct 12, 2017

extra row of teeth posted:

Euthanize the boyfriend.

I loving hate people who won't put down their ~precious furbaby~ even after it's proven itself a giant liability and has caused harm to others. The girl did everythig right; aggression training was attempted, it didn't work, goodnight Cujo.

Basically this.

My dad is one of those terrible human beings that will keep a dog alive well into the suffering phase of old age.

Intense animal lovers are just mentally ill man-children.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Beachcomber posted:

They're a bunch of butchers who'll just try to milk you for all you're worth. He should definitely steer clear of all that bull.

Thank you!

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
Sounds like if you just leave the dog and the boyfriend alone together the problem will take care of itself

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Rubellavator posted:

They should wait for the dog to die. have a baby.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Khorne posted:

This is a false equivalence. It would hold up if illegal weren't a well defined term across multiple fields, the majority not involving immigration, to refer to a state of being... not legal. Which is accurate.

"illegal" is how most non-legal immigrants refer to their state because it's a legal description of their legal state. Undocumented is kiddy glove, entitled "I'm better than that and NOT here illegally and definitely not breaking the law even though I am" bullshit. I'd call undocumented the dogwhistle "I am better than you because I was educated on the CORRECT word to use and I respect the feelings of an OPPRESSED MINORITY" term. You don't have documents because you're here illegally. Rephrasing it doesn't change what's happening. I hate our immigration system, I wish everyone who was here illegally was made a citizen and immigration was far simpler, and I have no problem with immigration - legal or not. The xenophobia and blaming of others that leads to poo poo like "build a wall" is depressing to see.

I'll never understand the trend of abandoning legitimate words or abbreviations because they are commonly used by ignorant people. Also, if she called her mother an immigrant and dropped the whole "I'd destroy my entire life to take care of a dying person" fantasy garbage narrative, I'd be on her side. I can get behind chopping the illegal/undocumented off.
I didn't see this part specifically. I saw the rest. I don't know why anyone would want someone deported unless they're involved in serious crimes, and if he was actually arguing that he's an asshat.

I used to process paperwork for state assistance from Texas Health and Human Services. "Undocumented" was the term we used because the parents, who were trying to get benefits for their children, could not provide documentation that they were legally allowed to work in the US.

There IS a social security card that people who entered the US illegally can apply for in order to work here while they wait for their immigration hearing (which is usually 3 years away). I can't remember if that card allowed HHSC to give benefits to the parents or not.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I'm surprised nobody called animal control on them after the first time it took out chunks of skin.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Pick posted:

Holy poo poo put down the dog, there's millions of dogs in shelters looking for homes, you gotta play triage here. Put down the violent bitey dog and go adopt a nicer dog that may have been put down otherwise if you hadn't adopted it.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm surprised nobody called animal control on them after the first time it took out chunks of skin.

Yeah. If they had gone to a doctor for the bite, it would have been reported and that dog would have had to go in for a rabies observation. I have no clue if there is, like, a 3 strikes rule or something in the state. But that dog should already be in the books of it's broken the skin like the OP says.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Neighbor had a dog like that. The owner kept letting it just roam wild and it would murder anything it got near and bite anyone. Turns out you should not own a loving Australian Shepherd if you are a single dad wit one kid. He managed to keep the dog out of animal control calls by going on about how it was all his son had left since his mom left them.

What I'm saying is a sob story, all the people who've been bitten probably got hit by a sob story and thus didn't report it.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
animal control can also be useless, in my town last year a kid was mauled to death waiting for the school bus and another was scalped by some idiot's feral dogs. neighbors kept calling and calling on these aggressive dogs but animal control (a private, contracted company) did nothing because it was a bad part of town. someone should have poisoned the dogs in the night, or shot them

http://www.myajc.com/news/local-govt--politics/mother-child-mauled-bus-stop-sues-fulton-county-animal-control/sDMLpFhgcARoPwUtE8HrML

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

Bored posted:

Yeah. If they had gone to a doctor for the bite, it would have been reported and that dog would have had to go in for a rabies observation. I have no clue if there is, like, a 3 strikes rule or something in the state. But that dog should already be in the books of it's broken the skin like the OP says.

I used to work at a vet hospital/boarding facility and we did a lot of rabies quarantines for our clients' bitey dogs. They have to prove a rabies vax and stay for 10 days, then are either released or vaccinated and released. Usually the dogs are terrified and don't give us any trouble at all. It does stay on their records, I've never seen any with a more than one time quarantine.

I was always kind of hopeful that they'd just want us to euthanize right away because then I'd get to cut the head off and send it out. No one ever did, though, even if they euthanized right after the 10 days.

I'd probably get bored halfway through the neck and regret everything, tbh.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

empty sea posted:

I used to work at a vet hospital/boarding facility and we did a lot of rabies quarantines for our clients' bitey dogs. They have to prove a rabies vax and stay for 10 days, then are either released or vaccinated and released. Usually the dogs are terrified and don't give us any trouble at all. It does stay on their records, I've never seen any with a more than one time quarantine.

I was always kind of hopeful that they'd just want us to euthanize right away because then I'd get to cut the head off and send it out. No one ever did, though, even if they euthanized right after the 10 days.

I'd probably get bored halfway through the neck and regret everything, tbh.

:shibe:

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Poor dog.

Note: I think the dog should be euthanized. They've been doing aggression training for 5 months and the dog is still aggressively biting. It's a safety issue. Give the dog one really good last day or week and then take him in.

Grammar-Bolshevik
Oct 12, 2017

You can be that change.

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

2nd Battalion

LadyPictureShow posted:

LOL.

I honestly can’t make heads or tails of this. She got duped by a business partner and the company came down on her and because she already has a criminal record they paid the court to have her thrown in jail?

She says in a comment she lives in a ‘developing country’, anybody know where you can pay to send someone to jail?

Her comment history mentions she was locked out of a PayPal account for sketchy activity re work, but it's okay since a client continues to put money in?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Haifisch posted:

Lol, somebody's getting shot down soon and it's not the pilot.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

This seemed way goofier in Friends:

Me 29M with wife 26F 4 years, shortly after our baby was born she told me she thinks she is a lesbian, I am trapped

quote:

It is as bad as it sounds, we got married and I sold my house to put all my money into getting a new house with her near all her family and friends. I was not resentful of this at the time since its only about 20 miles from where I lived before, but now obviously I regret it.

We had a daughter in October and we have not had sex since the time she was conceived. All throughout her pregnancy my wife told me having sex can harm the baby and when I suggested doing other things she said she wasn't in the mood, its been like this for nearly 2 years now.

Intimacy has always been just ok, I figured she is one of those people who shows her affection by doing things like cooking and cleaning rather than being very touchy. Sex was regular and frequent up until she got pregnant. The only real warning sign before the pregnancy was that whenever I was away with work she'd have female friends staying over with her all the time, in retrospect it is likely she has at least tried to cheat on me.

During pregnancy she eventually moved into the spare bedroom because whenever I even tried to kiss or cuddle her she would get uncomfortable, and she said she had to sleep on a certain side which was facing away from me anyway. She got very angry at me and didn't talk to me for several days because while I was asleep I had an erection and it was touching her back, she called me a disgusting pig.

Around Christmas time she had a meltdown one evening and told me she is worried that she is no longer attracted to men. She said she wants to be with me and continue our family but she is struggling to find men attractive, and she said it is not me personally but men in general. She said she still loves me but she can only get turned on sexually at the moment by thinking about women. She had a girlfriend during her college days so this is not hard for me to believe.

She does seem sorry about it but I can see my life going down the crapper here. If we split up she will get the house because how it works in this country is that they don't kick a mother and child out, and she and her parents put money into the purchase price too. I won't be able to afford anywhere bigger than a 1 bedroom apartment if we separate when I owned a 4 bedroom house before. Child support will cripple me financially. I don't want to lose my home. It gets better, her mother is a family court judge and my wife is an attorney, she has so many friends in that profession that I would end up getting screwed over if I decided to divorce her.

So here I am. Trapped in a marriage with a wife who thinks she is a lesbian and is repulsed by me, but if I leave her I will barely be able to survive, and I have no doubt her lawyer buddies will make sure it is as difficult as possible for me. I did not see this coming at all, all I ever wanted was to make her happy and she has completely shut down on the intimacy front. Part of me thinks we'd be okay if we hadn't had the baby but maybe this was just a ticking time bomb.

She has not suggested separating but we are currently sleeping in separate bedrooms, the excuse this time is that she is doing attachment parenting with our daughter and likes having her in the bed.

TL;DR wife thinks she is a lesbian, I cannot leave her because I'll sink financially, what to do
:smithicide:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Palpek posted:

Me 29M with wife 26F 4 years, shortly after our baby was born she told me she thinks she is a lesbian, I am trapped

Wow. A legit "open the marriage" scenario.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Palpek posted:

So has she stated any intention to make things hellish for him if he tries to seperate? Because I read it twice and all I can see is the assumption that because she has lawyer friends she'll use them.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

SirSamVimes posted:

So has she stated any intention to make things hellish for him if he tries to seperate? Because I read it twice and all I can see is the assumption that because she has lawyer friends she'll use them.

Dude seems like he’s just fearing the absolute worst.

Wouldn’t they have to ‘buy him out’ for the amount of money he put up for the house if she keeps it in a divorce?

I’m also confused at how if he ends up paying child support he’ll be financially sunk; but I guess he means paying CP in addition to finding a new place, paying his own rent/utilities/court costs etc. that all probably racks up.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

La Brea Carpet posted:

Me [28/F] and my husband [30/M] fight constantly about his car. How can I let it go?

So what kind of car is worth blowing up a good relationship over?

We had one of those from a junk yard when I was a kid.. (my parents were poor as hell, and bought their cars from a friend that owned a junkyard, he would gather pieces together, get a car running, and sell it to my parents for ~500 dollars. It would last ~18 months and then they would get a new one)

My say its a great car for a road trip. The "trunk" has seats that face backwards and it was super fun on roadtrips.

That being so, it did die when we were on a road trip to colorado and we sat on the side of the road for 6 hours while my dad walked to a gas station for a tow truck.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Pretty horrendous. I guess an open marriage is theoretically possible so long as he is fulfilled in every other aspect other than sexually. Somehow I doubt that.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Jeza posted:

Pretty horrendous. I guess an open marriage is theoretically possible so long as he is fulfilled in every other aspect other than sexually. Somehow I doubt that.
If she really cared about him she wouldn't take him for everything he's got when they get divorced, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

What a great place for a child to grow up: married parents who have nothing but bitterness and misery between them. Way better than sharing custody when one parent is an out lesbian!