Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

dont even fink about it posted:

9-7 might still get Pete fired, mind

Jeff Fischer here we come

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

dont even fink about it posted:

9-7 might still get Pete fired, mind

But then who will there be to help me aspire to new heights of gum chewing?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
https://twitter.com/CHawk_Talk/status/954117220782632961

19-0 Bitches

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

print the shirts

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
They should hire Big Walt to do a truck-pulling seminar with the linemen, maybe that'll teach these sumbitches some toughness

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Pushing cars up and down Queen Anne confirmed recipe for hall of fame.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

They should hire Big Walt to do a truck-pulling seminar with the linemen, maybe that'll teach these sumbitches some toughness

Big Walt apparently does individual coaching? Why isn't he at least an assistant? loving Lemuel Jeanpierre is an assistant coach.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

seiferguy posted:

Big Walt apparently does individual coaching? Why isn't he at least an assistant? loving Lemuel Jeanpierre is an assistant coach.

JESUS. That's pretty bleak.

Big Walt rules so hard, though. Wasn't the hold the refs called on him in XL one of like a dozen in his entire career? (Or am I thinking of the call on Hutch...poo poo, memory is getting faulty :corsair:)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
He had that 2004 season where he literally didn't give up a single sack. I think QB pressure allowed was somewhere in the single digits.

Big Walt is the GOAT, don't @ me Anthony Munoz stans

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
https://twitter.com/mlombardiNFL/status/954740160503009283?share=otherGoddamnit, Pete Carroll, just because he used to play for the 'Hawks doesn't mean he's a good loving coach!

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Benny the Snake posted:

https://twitter.com/mlombardiNFL/status/954740160503009283?share=otherGoddamnit, Pete Carroll, just because he used to play for the 'Hawks doesn't mean he's a good loving coach!

Pete should really stop calling me to ask for advice on coaching hires :laugh:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Who should we hire for these positions?

*puts on reading glasses*

*licks thumb*

*flips through decades old Rolodex*

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
gently caress it, let's just bring in all of Pete's old buddies. What's Norm Chow up to these days?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Coldforge posted:

Pete should really stop calling me to ask for advice on coaching hires :laugh:

Into every franchise, a little Jim Tomsula period will rain.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
To be fair, Zorn was Hasselbeck's coach during his best years. Definitely seemed like he worked some of the Favre out of Matt, maybe he could work a little Favre into Russell. His hesitation can be so frustrating to watch.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Into every franchise, a little Jim Tomsula period will rain.

Yessir, and seeing the shoe on the other foot has been nice.

Schwack posted:

To be fair, Zorn was Hasselbeck's coach during his best years. Definitely seemed like he worked some of the Favre out of Matt, maybe he could work a little Favre into Russell. His hesitation can be so frustrating to watch.

The newest wrinkle in the Pete Carroll book: coaching by nostalgia.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
otoh Walter Jones said the Ol will be good.

Print the shirts.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I'm starting to think Carroll and Schneider just lucked into a couple of amazing drafts and actually have no idea what they're doing.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Ahhh i'm having flashbacks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-tqLG__Al4

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I'm starting to think Carroll and Schneider just lucked into a couple of amazing drafts and actually have no idea what they're doing.

They’ve had an odd draft history. The first couple years were all time rear and then the next couple were very bad, but recently v good again.

I think if they didn’t make those home headed 1st round trades for Jimmy (also losing Unger) and Percy, they’d be viewed a lot more favorably.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

They’ve had an odd draft history. The first couple years were all time rear and then the next couple were very bad, but recently v good again.

I think if they didn’t make those home headed 1st round trades for Jimmy (also losing Unger) and Percy, they’d be viewed a lot more favorably.

Bruce Irvin, James Carpenter, Germain Ifedi

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Bruce Irvin, James Carpenter, Germain Ifedi

All dem dudes because average or better starters except Ifedi who still just a boy.

Not high praise but getting a decent starter on a rookie contract is valuable and good

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 22, 2018

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the 7 steps of grief turned into the 300 steps of waffling about the offensive line

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Thinking about bae #justFAthings

Young pro bowl Guard mmmmmmfff

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
lmao if you think that guy is getting less than 20 million/year in 2018 free agency.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Close! Sportrac shows that top guards on recent contracts are getting 10-12 mil AAV. So it's not unthinkable that he'd command 11-14 mil.

Cut Luke J and Jimmy G -> BAM new guard. Now that's paper.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Close! Sportrac shows that top guards on recent contracts are getting 10-12 mil AAV. So it's not unthinkable that he'd command 11-14 mil.

Cut Luke J and Jimmy G -> BAM new guard. Now that's paper.

The 49ers also have a need at guard, have over 120 million in cap space, an offensive minded head coach who runs a scheme developed this millennium, and a QB that's the handsomest & most absurdly hyped guy on the planet.

:getin:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
oooh you lousy san fransciscans!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roKCZfE9JJ4&t=6s

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The top 16 teams in terms of cap space have $811 million in cap space combined, this FA period is going to be extremely lol worthy in terms of contracts

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

:shrug: is pretty much my only reaction.

Also my reaction to all AZ news, tbh.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

yeah it's hard to be hyped for a defensive coach when we just came off of a top 5 year with arians. its probably harder than it seems but if we can get nkemdiche going and figure out a secondary scheme that covers up for a lack of a second corner then i'll be thrilled. i'm more interested in seeing what we can do for OC though

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/955547338755444736

life comes at you fast

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

hifi posted:

yeah it's hard to be hyped for a defensive coach when we just came off of a top 5 year with arians. its probably harder than it seems but if we can get nkemdiche going and figure out a secondary scheme that covers up for a lack of a second corner then i'll be thrilled. i'm more interested in seeing what we can do for OC though

Some rumors that Wilks might be a package deal with DeFilippo as OC? That might actually be a good arrangement, though I'd expect them to trade up in this draft for a QB if it turns out to be true.

And the Eagles may just block it, even if it is the intention.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

All dem dudes because average or better starters except Ifedi who still just a boy.

Not high praise but getting a decent starter on a rookie contract is valuable and good

Being average is generous given Carpenter was Ifedi’s predecessor to the False Start once a game award

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

If this happens, he's either never gonna win another game against us again or repeatedly shred the gently caress out of our defense twice a year and I can't decide which one is more likely

Its Rinaldo posted:

Being average is generous given Carpenter was Ifedi's predecessor to the False Start once a game award

More like false start once and hold twice per game. Even with how terrible our OL has been as a whole Ifedi is a special kind of terrible

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Wilks is a smart move for Arizona, play to the strength of the team and keep the defensive solid. They will need a good offensive coordinator though or lol

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Agreed Wilks is a good move but if they want to contend Arizona needs a good OC.

Also yeah, should probably trade up for a QB.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I want Foles :colbert:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Qwijib0 posted:

I want Foles :colbert:

That's adorable :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Coldforge posted:

That's adorable :allears:

I'm a ground-floor foletariat member

• Locked thread