Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Galarox posted:

Honestly, I didn't think the Troll factorys were for hire. Does anyone have links to news articles saying they are? I thought the Russian Troll factorys in particular were concerned with defending the Honour of the Putin and little else. Still though, on UK online papers (like the Guardian) you do see the patern of the same sentence structure and general jist of post as it were. :tinfoil: :iiam:

Troll factories are always for hire.

I can barely be bothered to tax. Here's Allied soldiers making German soldiers take their rest break laying face down in a cleared out mass grave.

Merry Christmas.

XK fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jan 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I was looking for a gif of a hamster hanging out with a cat, but you get what you get.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

XK posted:

I was looking for a gif of a hamster hanging out with a cat, but you get what you get.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Oh wait drat it happened again

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

There we go. He's running to hang out with his friend the cat.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Yes.
It uses the Impact font....

:D

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

XK posted:

Troll factories are always for hire.

I can barely be bothered to tax. Here's Allied soldiers making German soldiers take their rest break laying face down in a cleared out mass grave.

Merry Christmas.

:yikes:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Dusty Lens posted:

He's running to hang out with his friend the cat.

Or away from Richard Gere.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Galarox posted:

Honestly, I didn't think the Troll factorys were for hire.
Generating posts that have a particular slant and tone while being on the knife edge of human believability is a technology you can download for free from Github.

With a few people and a small budget for your bots you can essentially control the mind of a whole online community especially if it's localised in a convenient system like Reddit, where the popularity contest / minority censoring nature of it allows you to control what happens almost completely.

Welcome to cyberpunk world

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

Let's not take this to a dark place.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Hedgehog taxxe:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

big nipples big life posted:

The list is actually:

Wrong Company
Yeah that's the Wrong Company
Can't give you a refund, Wrong Company
You're suing the Wrong Company
Robert Space doesn't work here, you must have the Wrong Company
Making a Game? Nope, Wrong Company

XK
Jul 9, 2001

It was supposed to be a hamster cuddling up with a cute kitty cat. I couldn't find it in my history. My bad.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

XK posted:

It was supposed to be a hamster cuddling up with a cute kitty cat. I couldn't find it in my history. My bad.

https://i.imgur.com/KHeTqHT.mp4

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

AP posted:

I think French has made a great contribution to the Star Citizen story because he hyped Citizens so much for the motion to dismiss and now he's backtracking so fast it's hilarious.

Yeah — meltdowns, self-owns, flustered backtracking and the like are funny at the meta.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

XK posted:

Everyone gets their own custom meal, on a military ship. Steak and eggs. Chili. How about some gumbo?

Nice.

Where's my gluten free vegan space sausages?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Yup, that's the one.

Everyone, use your brain to replace my posting of punishment for a war crime with these cute cuddly animals.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

Hmmm

Dusty Lens posted:

Too late

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

XK posted:

Yup, that's the one.

Everyone, use your brain to replace my posting of punishment for a war crime with these cute cuddly animals.

done :toot:

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

happyhippy posted:

Where's my gluten free vegan space sausages?

In the pipeline. 2 weeks.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

XK posted:

Whatever's good enough for the Ottoman's good enough for me.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

If you have the time and think it's funny enough, could you make an "Ecce Homo" painting 'shop with before and after restoration (by Chris) images?

trucutru fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jan 21, 2018

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dusty Lens posted:

Actually, thanks to the magic of bleaching it is a sparkly rosy one.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

trucutru posted:

If you have the time and think it's funny enough, could you make an "Ecce Homo" painting 'shop with before and after restoration (by Chris) images?

Oh god, then a follow up with Ecce Homos in game, communicating thanks to face tech. The future of this game is too beautiful...

Fangrim
Aug 23, 2017

Every day I hate the world just a tiny bit more...

trucutru posted:

Ecce Homo always makes me laugh!

This one also did: http://www.kcentv.com/life/family-cant-stop-laughing-over-their-re-touched-portraits/507669471

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

"Ecce Homo"? Give me a link so as I can see what I have to work with?

e - this?

WTF is the story behind that?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

I think French has made a great contribution to the Star Citizen story because he hyped Citizens so much for the motion to dismiss and now he's backtracking so fast it's hilarious.

LOL!! Yeah, it's hilarious. I think the Skadden response was the bombshell I said it would be. :grin:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fangrim
Aug 23, 2017

Every day I hate the world just a tiny bit more...

Galarox posted:

e - this?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/24/world/europe/botched-restoration-of-ecce-homo-fresco-shocks-spain.html

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

trucutru posted:

Actually, thanks to the magic of bleaching it is a sparkly rosy one.

Really puts a new spin on cleaning up your act.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Galarox posted:

e - this?

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/08/23/worst-restoration-ever-elderly-woman-botches-touch-up-job-on-19th-century-church-fresco/

Ninja-ed

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Holy...:vince:
:five::five::five:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

I got to say that I can't help thinking that, moments, or possibly seconds, after the camera was turned off that the kitty-catte in that vid decided that it was time to stop loving around and that it was, without question, time to make the hamster dead. I dunno - call me a cynic.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Galarox posted:

I got to say that I can't help thinking that, moments, or possibly seconds, after the camera was turned off that the kitty-catte in that vid decided that it was time to stop loving around and that it was, without question, time to make the hamster dead. I dunno - call me a cynic.

Same.

I wouldn't leave those two alone together.

PrimeNerd
Dec 17, 2016
Anyone 'Member how Leonard got slapped down by a judge when he went full SkaddenDerek in the Imagos case?

Judges don't seem to like "BALLS TO THE WALL, DANGER ZONE, LET'S DO THIS! HIYAAAA"

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

K - Actually now that I come to think on it I remember this story. Yeah - this could make a great shop. Sadly however I wont be doing it tonight, will work on it on the 'morrow. Tonight is for insta-shops and shitposting, and that... that Ecce Homo... well that will require thought and work. Thanks for the idea Trucutru :v:

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Wait, this is real?

Is this real?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

SomethingJones posted:

Wait, this is real?

Is this real?

Yes CIG released their monthly funding tracker plans. The fools.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

XK posted:

My thought is that Russian troll farms are in use. Purchased?

We have many "English second language" posters in this thread, and they're nearly undetectable, often better than native speakers.Yet, there are regularly quoted SC defenders using the most bizarre language constructs.

So we've reached a point where Star Citizen posts are so completely retarded no one actually believes they are being posted by humans

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

SomethingJones posted:

So we've reached a point where Star Citizen posts are so completely retarded no one actually believes they are being posted by humans
Star Citizen posts are like a cross-section of peanut m&ms

There's a layer of real posters in there somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Did I miss anything in the last 400 pages or so?

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 21, 2018