Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mr.Tophat posted:

proceed to fall and slam into mother earth harder than ... and more violently than any clipping found in the 'verse

Sorry, but I'm calling bullshit on this, terminal velocity is not enough. Have you installed nipple-jets on yourself?

e: Today I learned that nipple jets are an actual thing that exists outside the 'verse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

Mr.Tophat posted:

I don't take hallucinogenics anymore for mental health reasons. Too risky for too little reward, and the knowledge of the risk might ruin the trip.

And yeah, what you say rings true. I guess it could be useful if someone's having a bad trip? "Here, smoke this, forget you saw Sandi's acting career on the ceiling and remarked, 'By God, it's full of stars...and one massive black hole.'"

Ditto. But I would do 2c-b again if I had the chance. It has the crazy visuals of acid, and the positive mood push of ecstasy. And it's nearly impossible to have a bad trip.

Alexander Shulgin, the guy who created it (and half the known hallucinogens [and popularized ecstasy]), said it's the most perfect hallucinogen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2C-B

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

trucutru posted:

Sorry, but I'm calling bullshit on this, terminal velocity is not enough. Have you installed nipple-jets on yourself?

You know how if you put a piece of butter toast on a cat's back it can generator infinite energy if you drop it? The system of propulsion relies on Derek posts and blogposts linked together in a loop.

Could save the world if Derek didn't just use it to power his crusade, like some kind of strange Tony Stark who pictures clowns every time there is adversity

Mr.Tophat fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jan 21, 2018

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Galarox posted:

This one was fun to do:

:golfclap:

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

Mr.Tophat posted:

For two weeks, you have been asking: Who called it? This is Derek Smart speaking. I am the man who loves his blog. I am the man who does not sacrifice his verbosity or his predictability. I am the man who has deprived you of lols and thus has destroyed your subforum, and if you wish to know why you are probated—you who dread knowledge of kitty jail—I am the warlord who will now tell you.”

*links to july blog*

32,900 words too short.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

BluesShaman posted:

Ditto. But I would do 2c-b again if I had the chance. It has the crazy visuals of acid, and the positive mood push of ecstasy. And it's nearly impossible to have a bad trip.

Alexander Shulgin, the guy who created it (and half the known hallucinogens [and popularized ecstasy]), said it's the most perfect hallucinogen.

2C-B just gave me an insane body fry and no visuals but I would definitely do it again.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Quavers posted:

"Hey Chris, please can you authorise this business document?"

"Sure! Pass my the ink please..."

*splat*

:vince:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

BluesShaman posted:

I have had 2c-b. Agreed, it owns. Glad to have confirmation.

If someone offered me 2c-b I'd be tempted to throw those dice if I'm honest. Wouldn't be tempted if it was acid. I am telling myself I wouldn't take 2c-b as any kind of hallucinogenic could very risky for me. But gosh. I had such a wonderful experience on the stuff. Mind you my mental health went rapidly downhill after taking it, but I was also mixing it with a poo poo ton of resin and MXE, a disassociative, so

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

BluesShaman posted:

32,900 words too short.

Didn't you read the July blog? :smuggo: :smuggo: :smuggo:

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Once I took mushrooms right after moving and I kept forgetting that I was in a new place and was constantly startled and got lost on the way to the bathroom. No weed necessary!

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Spatial posted:

e: Actually I take it back because the naming thing is console marketing 101. PS2 HAS REAL TIME RENDERING!!!

The Sega Mega Drive has high definition graphics, so :shrug:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Semisponge posted:

Once I took mushrooms right after moving and I kept forgetting that I was in a new place and was constantly startled and got lost on the way to the bathroom. No weed necessary!

I don't think weed really has much, if anything, to do with forgetting that you're on hallucinogens because I've done that a few times without it. Maybe it makes it slightly more likely but I'm not sold on the concept.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Holy poo poo.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
I have a sickening and heartbreaking truth to share with the thread.

This is anime: :same:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

That's not anime, anime skywalker hates sand and stuff, no way is that anime

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Galarox posted:

"Ecce Homo"? Give me a link so as I can see what I have to work with?

e - this?

WTF is the story behind that?

It's fascinating how life can imitate art like this. The 1997 Mr. Bean movie:

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

XK posted:

His signature itself is also loving stupid.

Technically, your signature can be whatever you want it to be, but, come on.

It lacks any style which sums Chris Roberts up nicely.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

All sound and fury, signifying bankruptcy

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bofast posted:

It's fascinating how life can imitate art like this. The 1997 Mr. Bean movie:

But Mr. Bean is not real life?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Is he?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

BluesShaman posted:

I have a sickening and heartbreaking truth to share with the thread.

This is anime: :same:

Time to probate anyone who used it now, for sneakily posting anime.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

trucutru posted:

e: Today I learned that nipple jets are an actual thing that exists outside the 'verse

As a mechanical/plumbing engineer, I drafted many a plan that called for contractors to "provide nipples."

And lo, nipples were provided.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
nice justposts everyone

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
All bun and no burger, check and mate fuddy buddies

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
$10 million is nothing :smuggo:

See you in the verse.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Star Citizen: The ~0.2 Billion Dollar Game

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

MedicineHut posted:

Courterpoint, MoMA is in fact Toast. I think he can´t post because the issue goes well over his head, since he is just a poxy paralegal. Probably less relevant than French.

Or moma is just a Citizen, doesn't work there and making a reference that will bring up the boring Toast thing allows him a few minutes freedom from the pain of considering his fleet investment.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJfKXSkCoaM&t=1278s

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
https://nofrag.com/2018/01/21/106587/

quote:

We thought the Star Citizen developers' response to Crytek would have baffled them. But Crytek has just replied, and their arguments are equally convincing.

Recall from the previous episode: Crytek accused CIG of developing two games when the original contract stipulated only one. They also complained that CIG broke the contract by changing the engine, so they did not use the CryEngine any more. CIG pointed out to them that the two complaints canceled each other out and that the case was therefore irrelevant.

Crytek's response: CIG was offered a preferential rate on the CryEngine in exchange for multiple promises they did not keep:

• CIG was to use CryEngine and promote it, but today they support a competing engine;
• CIG had committed to go back to Crytek the improvements they could have made to the engine, as well as the bug fixes. But after publicly boasting of improving the engine, they never shared their work with Crytek;
• CIG violated certain confidential aspects of Crytek's technology by publishing excerpts from the code.

In summary, Crytek believes it helped CIG in the early development of Star Citizen by offering them their engine at a preferential rate. The contract specified then that CIG had to return the same to them by ensuring the promotion of the engine and by sharing the improvements that they would have brought to him. But as soon as the developers of Star Citizen started to raise millions, they paid for a massive gold toilet, they printed the contract with Crytek, and they went to sink a monumental bronze before blowing themselves with it.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

:allears:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/7robv8/some_brief_comments_on_cryteks_response_to_star/

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

"This lawsuit is completely redundant!" Chris says loudly to everyone before leaning in to a work drone and whispering, "as are you. Get out."

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
https://twitter.com/CliffordakaMiku/status/954941550123012096

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

:magical:

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

This Miku guy fills me with intense dread

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Spent more in a year on Star Citizen than I ever have on videogames (and I have 1200 games on steam).

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

This, in context with that Twitch stream says a lot about why some people think weirdy-beardy is "great".

"Great" = "Gives me free money for pretending to be his friend".

PrimeNerd
Dec 17, 2016
Is he really implying he’s writing off 11K$ in JPEGS from his federal taxes? May God have mercy on the soul of whatever IRS agent has to process that.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Hmm, I actually think I spotted a problem with Skadden's latest reply.

Hey, CIG intern reading this tell Roberts to eat poo poo.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

AP posted:

Or moma is just a Citizen, doesn't work there and making a reference that will bring up the boring Toast thing allows him a few minutes freedom from the pain of considering his fleet investment.

Nice beltdown Commando!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

PrimeNerd posted:

Is he really implying he’s writing off 11K$ in JPEGS from his federal taxes? May God have mercy on the soul of whatever IRS agent has to process that.

I think he thinks kickstarters and crowdfunding is tax exempt as a charitable donation and lowers your gross taxable income.

hahahahaha.