Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Uh so theres like 10 new pages since i went to sleep last night, did someone post something awesome or is it 10 pages of gay chat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Buddy, you're in Devilman. Its always time for gay.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
gay chat's awesome

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/papprica_/status/954813388097572864

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Look maybe she's only interested in the seven vagánias platonically as a friend, or perhaps scientifically. We can't know for sure.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jan 21, 2018

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

someone too old and with too much time on their hands convinced all the impressionable teens on tumblr that it was villainizing intersex people

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

dogsicle posted:

someone too old and with too much time on their hands convinced all the impressionable teens on tumblr that it was villainizing intersex people

Satan is cool, ok?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Satan is cool, ok?

He's actually a big antisocial idiot.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Jose posted:

the dick is too big clearly

Not big enough

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Crabtree posted:

He's actually a big antisocial idiot.

Oh just because all his friends are literally demons that makes him antisocial?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The insistence that daisuki only has romantic connotations is just wrong, and at this point it feels like an attempt to gaslight people into not making a queer reading.

Absolutely unacceptable. I don't ever want to see another post like this from you.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Oh just because all his friends are literally demons that makes him antisocial?

The fact that he had to kill his lover to finally realize he screwed up, that he never tried or just plain couldn't see from Akira's perspective? Yeah, he's a big dumb dumb.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

Jesus Christ

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Can we just talk about how the soundtrack signifies anything demonic with the throbbing synth bass.
Thats a cool musical thing the soundtrack does.

Also Miki is Jesus except you're not supposed to kill her.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
While we're on the subject of the OST, can anyone give me the title of the track that plays when (episode 10 spoilers) Satan and Psycho Jenny are flying on the hydra's back. It's a synthwave beat with choir

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
If you meet Jesus on the road, kill her

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Spermando posted:

While we're on the subject of the OST, can anyone give me the title of the track that plays when (episode 10 spoilers) Satan and Psycho Jenny are flying on the hydra's back. It's a synthwave beat with choir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiAp85OVaJ4

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Cheers.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I’m so glad I stuck with the show after feeling kinda iffy about not being sure what it was trying to do initially. I really applaud Yuasa in making an adaptation that’s at the same time faithful, fresh and a kind of a highly entertaining and self-indulgent auteur fanwork. It’s obvious he must be highly into the source material.

I should totally check out the original manga

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Nina posted:

I’m so glad I stuck with the show after feeling kinda iffy about not being sure what it was trying to do initially. I really applaud Yuasa in making an adaptation that’s at the same time faithful, fresh and a kind of a highly entertaining and self-indulgent auteur fanwork. It’s obvious he must be highly into the source material.

I should totally check out the original manga

Most all of Go Nagai's works are sort of cornerstones for the entire medium of Anime.
Hes up there with Tezuka and Miyazaki. Respect comes with being in the industry.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nagai is way more influential than miyazaki tbh. nagai literally invented like 50% of the animes 'genres' that exist.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Nagai, tezuka, ishinomori and matsumoto are the Big Dudes imo

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah, also people just have much more nice things to say about nagai than they do miyazaki

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Most all of Go Nagai's works are sort of cornerstones for the entire medium of Anime.
Hes up there with Tezuka and Miyazaki. Respect comes with being in the industry.

It was the best part realizing that! Like holy poo poo a vast majority of Japanese media I like is built on the legacy of this series because the creators of those pieces of media likely read Nagai as kids

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Expect My Mom posted:

yeah, also people just have much more nice things to say about nagai than they do miyazaki

go nagai murdered the pta in a manga, miyazaki murdered his son's childhood in real life

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

goro deserved it, talentless hack

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i dont think goro deserved to have hayao miyazaki as a dad, and not because of anything to do with working in anime

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

whats this now

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
hot take Miyazaki is a better mangaka than director

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

whats this now

i forget the specifics but hayao miyazaki was just a lovely absentee father to his son, who just ended up growing up on his movies, and after earthsea he told him never to direct another movie again

it went as far as goro calling his dad a great filmmaker and a horrible father

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

whats this now

The guy who makes family friendly anime is a huge dick hole and the guy who makes anime about rape and murder is a cool dude.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

that Stephen king quote about how horror fans are the nicest people you'll ever meet

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

The Colonel posted:

i forget the specifics but hayao miyazaki was just a lovely absentee father to his son, who just ended up growing up on his movies, and after earthsea he told him never to direct another movie again

it went as far as goro calling his dad a great filmmaker and a horrible father

Ah, tale as old as time.

Smoking Crow posted:

that Stephen king quote about how horror fans are the nicest people you'll ever meet

Reminds me of how Kaori Yuki (Godchild, Angel Sanctuary, things filled w/ blood, horror, incest) is apparently pretty cool, while Natsuki Takaya (Fruits Basket, popular shoujo w/ lots of melodrama) is... not

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Endorph posted:

nagai is way more influential than miyazaki tbh. nagai literally invented like 50% of the animes 'genres' that exist.

Main reason why I mentioned Miyazaki is his international acclaim. It'd be absolutely false to not put him as one of the bigger influences.
poo poo person-hood aside.

If Tezuka and his contemporaries mined the rocks, Nagai and co made it into bricks.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

nm

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jan 22, 2018

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

ack

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Can we just talk about how the soundtrack signifies anything demonic with the throbbing synth bass.
Thats a cool musical thing the soundtrack does.

Also Miki is Jesus except you're not supposed to kill her.

The warped version of Miki's theme that plays in the photo studio is nauseating, and the way it seamlessly transitions into a different track is just :discourse:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
How much Hotline did the music people play? I'm curious as to how much synthwave has hit Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I don't remember any of the music in this show other than Ryo's because it sounds like Jake the Snake

• Locked thread