Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006

aBagorn posted:

GUYS! SOUTH BROAD IS AMMAZZZZZING!

How many things are currently on fire and how many greased up poles have been climbed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

aBagorn posted:

GUYS! SOUTH BROAD IS AMMAZZZZZING!

I really wanted to check it out but it's too far from where we live and also I have an interview tomorrow that I haven't studied for :(

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

OMG you guys! We’re going to the Super Bowl!!!!!

aBagorn fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Jan 22, 2018

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
gently caress the Patriots. gently caress Tom Brady. For the next two weeks only: Go Birds.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS THE 2004 PHILADELPHIA EAGLES SIGNALS AND PLAY CALLING. gently caress BOSTON.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I love you all.

Chris Long is loving awesome.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
If the Eagles win it may take an hour, a week, or a year but eventually NFC:E fans will realize they are now the only division where every team has a SB win and they will be insufferable.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Presented without comment.

https://v.redd.it/h9f6wnn3sib01/DASH_600_K

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Nick Foles has more NFC Titles than Tony Romo.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

gently caress the Patriots. gently caress Tom Brady. For the next two weeks only: Go Birds.

You've warmed my cold black heart, modfriend.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

CyberPingu posted:

Nick Foles has more NFC Titles than Tony Romo.

Has more than Tom Brady, too

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Wagon posted:

You've warmed my cold black heart, modfriend.

And here I thought you cheered for one of the countless Florida teams.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Rooting for Philly. I'm curious, I wasn't reading TFF when the Men beat the Pats in the SB, were Philly fans rooting for the Giants or Pats mostly?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Matt Zerella posted:

Rooting for Philly. I'm curious, I wasn't reading TFF when the Men beat the Pats in the SB, were Philly fans rooting for the Giants or Pats mostly?

Look into your heart, and you will know the answer.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Look into your heart, and you will know the answer.

Dammit.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I was rooting for the football stadium scene in Batman to happen irl

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

TBH all I remember about the 2007 SB thread was that weather woman.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I think I was rooting for the Patriots during 18-1 because the 72 Dolphins are miserable and I liked the idea of Mercury Morris being sad.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
God bless Big Dick Nick and Dougie P.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The Patriots are cheaters.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Matt Zerella posted:

I cheered for the Giants in the first half in 2007 and then the Pats in the second half as I figured a team going 19-0 was really historically neat and I didn't want Eli Manning outshining :mcnabb:

In 2011 I went "gently caress it" and was all for the Pats.

I'm thankful every other Super Bowl I remember has had a pretty clear pick for me as watching the game in 2007 and 2011 was miserable.

Oh I also cheered for the Patriots when they played the Seahawks because the Seahawks fans were that obnoxious and I didn't want to hear from them any more. I've committed a lot of football fan sins.

axeil fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jan 22, 2018

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

axeil posted:

Oh I also cheered for the Patriots when they played the Seahawks because the Seahawks fans were that obnoxious and I didn't want to hear from them any more. I've committed a lot of football fan sins.

Kawalimus makes me want to root more for the Pats than any of the actual Eagles fans here

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in history as the greatest demonstration for freedom in the history of our nation.

Five years ago, a great American, in whose symbolic shadow we stand today, signed his termination papers. This momentous decree came as a great beacon light of hope to millions of Eagles fans who had been seared in the flames of withering injustice. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of their captivity.

But five years later, the Eagles still have not won. Five years later, the life of the Eagles fan is still sadly crippled by the manacles of segregation and the chains of discrimination. Five years later, the Eagles fan lives on a lonely island of poverty in the midst of a vast ocean of material prosperity. Five years later, the Eagles fan is still languishing in the corners of NFC East society and finds himself an exile in his own land. So we have come here today to dramatize a shameful condition.

In a sense we have come to Minnesota to cash a check. When the architects of our league wrote the magnificent words of the league Constitution and Bylaws, they were signing a promissory note to which every American was to fall heir. This note was a promise that all fans, yes, Eagles fans as well as Patriots fans, would be guaranteed the unalienable rights of Super Bowls.

Jota fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jan 22, 2018

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

And here I thought you cheered for one of the countless Florida teams.

Nah, I'm a transplant down here anyway. Besides, none of those guys have the specific blend of self-loathing, alcoholism, and completely unfounded confidence it takes to be involved in our subforum.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I hope the eagles lose

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I'll for sure be cheering on the eagles against the pats as a giants fan. Philly is gonna suck to play against for a while and if they can pry a ring off Brady they'll be insufferable, but if Brady has too many rings for one hand I'll puke

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

romanowski posted:

I hope the eagles lose any doubts they might have about their chances, and go into the Super Bowl confident that they can win.

:unsmith:

Sex_Marxist
Dec 14, 2016

I LOVE MY DEAD GAY SON
Does anybody remember watching the Raiders game, and saying to yourself

"Yup, this team is going to the super bowl"

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Sex_Marxist posted:

In all fairness, 89 probably said that

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Gay Horney posted:

I'll for sure be cheering on the eagles against the pats as a giants fan. Philly is gonna suck to play against for a while and if they can pry a ring off Brady they'll be insufferable, but if Brady has too many rings for one hand I'll puke

I really don't understand this take. The Eagles are a division rival and the easiest poo poo talk on them is always "no rings". The Pats on the other hand gave the Giants two SB wins and if they win, it pisses off Steelers fans.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urv4Tqo4p7Q

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Sex_Marxist posted:

The only thing I remember from that game is being colder than I've ever been in my life and winning somehow.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

The Dave posted:

I really don't understand this take. The Eagles are a division rival and the easiest poo poo talk on them is always "no rings". The Pats on the other hand gave the Giants two SB wins and if they win, it pisses off Steelers fans.
gently caress the pats

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Merrill Reese is a national treasure.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

very stable genius posted:

Merrill Reese is a national treasure.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Fuuuck, plane tickets went up $100 from LAX since I looked last night.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

FogHelmut posted:

Fuuuck, plane tickets went up $100 from LAX since I looked last night.

the day of week you look for tickets can affect prices. both the day you're looking to travel on and the day you actually check prices on. Tomorrow may be cheaper.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The Dave posted:

Counterpoint: it would be to everyone's benefit if folks had to learn a more creative insult. Also, gently caress the Pats.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Quiet Feet posted:

Lots of poles getting greased up for an Eagles win.

It's a pretty weak :toxx: but If the Eagles win today I will finally shave my head. Also if the Eagles win the question won't be how drunk I am but where drunk I am? Probably if they lose too

Hey, could you tell how excited I was for this? Actually no because I was kind of dreading it and just like making stupid faces for the camera.

Aaaaand it actually turned out okay? Alright, kind of a bad angle and a dumb look on my face, but I think it works. I left a strip in the center just a couple of millimeters higher since I wondered what I'd look like with something mohawk-ish. The biggest thing to overcome at first was the understanding that human beings do not have perfect spherical breasts heads and that you need to keep adjusting the angle of the trimmer a little bit. I've also learned that I should take off my shirt before I do this again. That things gonna need to go through the washer to get all the fuzz out. My head is a little cold and itchy, and the bathroom sink was a mess but I go no serious complaints thus far.

Also the answer to the question in that post was "asleep in my recliner" as it turns out, which is a good place to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
should have kept the hair and shaved the beard.

• Locked thread