Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Shreveport has a two (three?) story Hustler strip club.

That whole city is a shithole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Soulex posted:

Bottom is speculose cookies.

Oh my. What's on the top?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I'll check out the WW1 museum in KC, as well as get some BBQ. And I'll go to the three story strip club in Louisiana because why not.

I didn't know the locations until after i agreed to do it, and even in hindsight I probably still would have said yes, but I was pipe dreaming for like... Denver or Vegas or some poo poo.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Soulex posted:

I’m making a caramel cheesecake and pepperoni calzone.

Can’t wait. Making caramel from scratch is easy as hell.

The really important question here is how do you pronounce caramel?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
car-mel

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Care-ah-mel you loving heathen.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Carmel is a town I lived in for many years. Caramel is a candy. They are not pronounced the same.

:wrong:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Carmel is a town I lived in for many years. Caramel is a candy. They are not pronounced the same.

:wrong:

I lived near a carmel. Bunch of fancy folks with a shitload of roundabouts.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

coral

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOYgCswcla4

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

MA-Horus posted:

Oh my. What's on the top?

The speculose cookies (Belgian cinnamon/caramel type cookies) are the bottom. Crushed, tossed with butter so they stick together. It matches with the homemade caramel (I pronounce it both ways). Not a lot of butter either. On top is homemade caramel swirled onto the cheesecake.

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.

Soulex posted:

The speculose cookies (Belgian cinnamon/caramel type cookies) are the bottom. Crushed, tossed with butter so they stick together. It matches with the homemade caramel (I pronounce it both ways). Not a lot of butter either. On top is homemade caramel swirled onto the cheesecake.

I can feel my arteries contracting just by reading this. It sounds amazing.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
You know what the problem with baking a cheesecake is? Now you have a whole loving cheesecake sitting in your fridge singing a siren's song every time you walk past.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

You know what the problem with baking a cheesecake is? Now you have a whole loving cheesecake sitting in your fridge singing a siren's song every time you walk past.

Yeah. I’ve gotten used to hiding the goddamn thing or coming back to loving gouge marks. Hat and waiting for it to set so you can take a piece out.

I tried cooking my calzone at 300 and that didn’t loving work at all.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRupvfkOG70

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

I was completely caught off guard. :lol:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Re: ad blockers, do yourselves a favor and setup PiHole on your network: https://pi-hole.net

It's incredibly easy and totally passive as far as your devices are concerned plus it makes browsing significantly faster.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
oh yes let me set up a linux box just to do adblocking

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

Few weeks back I made hot chocolate from scratch. I had to force my girlfriend to take the chocolate bars and marshmallows with her home.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ded posted:

A raspberry Pi is like 30 bucks total, and you just plug it in to a cell phone charger near your router/switch and there you go.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

ded posted:

It runs on a Raspberry Pi dude, and it takes all of 30 minutes to setup: https://www.amazon.com/CanaKit-Rasp...eywords=Canakit

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

I lived near a carmel. Bunch of fancy folks with a shitload of roundabouts.

I am happy most of the burbs followed their lead and have roundabouts, loving hate 4 way stops

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

holocaust bloopers posted:

Few weeks back I made hot chocolate from scratch. I had to force my girlfriend to take the chocolate bars and marshmallows with her home.

This looks good. Also like a weird cock and balls

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Go to your local Mexican grocery store and buy some of this: https://www.amazon.com/Nestle-Mexic...n+hot+chocolate and then sprinkle some cayenne powder into the pan while you're making it. I'll never make hot chocolate any other way.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Soulex posted:

This looks good. Also like a weird cock and balls

If your balls look like that then you need to know that you should be wiping front to back, not back to front.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

DoktorLoken posted:

Go to your local Mexican grocery store and buy some of this: https://www.amazon.com/Nestle-Mexic...n+hot+chocolate and then sprinkle some cayenne powder into the pan while you're making it. I'll never make hot chocolate any other way.

Nah dude. Two parts whole milk, one part heavy cream, half part sweet condensed milk.

2/1 ratio of milk to dark chocolate. Add a spoonful of peanut butter for a Reese’s peanut butter cup taste.

Salt to taste, cinnamon (teaspoon), and a pinch of coffee grounds.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I have to make caramel again because my wife loving ate all of it. I was gonna make cookies with it :(

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

This poo poo is why I hate just cooking for myself unless it's big batch meal prep, same amount of work to feed 1-2 more and you don't end up gorging on whatever's left by yourself.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

It won't do to dream of caramel

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I want caramel so bad right now

I want candy

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t85jg0-rXhs

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if8-8YxET4g

orange juche fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jan 21, 2018

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Nick Soapdish posted:

I am happy most of the burbs followed their lead and have roundabouts, loving hate 4 way stops

Agreed.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Nick Soapdish posted:

Nobody seems to be able to negotiate either one of those. Yield signs are a mystery to most, too.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

mods change my name posted:

I want caramel so bad right now

I want candy

Let me help with some pictures from a couple years back when my wife went try-hard mode with making candy bags as gifts:

Candied nuts

Cookies

Packaged:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Got back from a honeymoon in SE asia last weekend, and spotted an early historical record of teabagging at angkor wat

Sometimes you're the guy in the bas relief heroically stabbing the enemy in the face, and sometimes you're the guy catching a face-full of nuts.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
so i'm browsing amazon, trying to see how much a new pair of shoes will cost me and i run across this:

https://www.amazon.com/TongXG-Quart...3XJ8NDEWHP1PN0A

lol

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
That is an unfortunate ad display.

Speaking of shoes any recommendations for good walking shoes? Going to Disney next month. Going to need some.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

That is an unfortunate ad display.

Speaking of shoes any recommendations for good walking shoes? Going to Disney next month. Going to need some.

Merrell. Or if you have narrow feet, Salomons.

My Salomons are over 500 miles, might get another 200 or so more before they're completely hosed. Last pair of Merrells I had barely held together for 600 miles, but were mostly nylon mesh upper, so they shredded faster than other pairs. Best I've gotten out of Merrells is probably 7-800 miles, never really kept track back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

I honestly really wish Nike took the SFB Field Leathers and managed to make something that felt and wore exactly the same but didn't make you look like a raging douchebag for wearing without a uniform.

Jesus Christ those things were amazing.