Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lurdiak posted:

Manufactured right-wing outrage never makes sense.

Don't even wanna know what this rear end in a top hat is on about.

Hazarding a guess, Pope Francis is attempting to save the Catholic Church after a history of abuses of power and canonizing bigotry have left it near death.

Dunno if thats real and this is a super generic cartoon, or if I'm AGCing it.

Edit: Warthog tax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Impotent?

Harsh, Andy.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

A book got published and... that's all this is saying. I have to wonder if Stantis has even read it.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Garrison posted:

“(Schumer is) holding citizens hostage, in favor of non-citizens. Before this election, I never would’ve expected Democrats to be so open and brazen about their (lousy) plans, but here we are. Trump really does have a way of making his enemies tell the truth.”

I saw this post on Reddit and it was the direct inspiration for this cartoon. Senator Chuck Schumer apparently favors illegal immigrants over our country. Of course, I used the capitol dome to represent the country while fully realizing that the government is NOT the country. However, shutting down the government due to illegal immigration may not be the complete story. I suspect the Democrats are also trying to deflect from the FISA abuse memo, which leads to ObamaGate, a sordid tale of corruption far worse and widespread than Watergate.

That corruption runs very deep. Top ‘officials’ at the FBI and CIA have been politicized. As in bought out. They all expected Hillary to win. Now, like Hillary, they’re scrambling to put together a defense (Russia Russia Russia!) while destroying evidence of their criminality. It’s disgusting.

Lock them up. Lock them all up!

—Ben Garrison

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Corruption is bad, which is why I recommend jailing the entirety of the party not currently in power

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
God that SHUT DOWN on the glasses kills me

E: like if you really wanna write it, why not on the gun?!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Fathis Munk posted:

God that SHUT DOWN on the glasses kills me

They're rad as gently caress. Also lol at "this cartoon was inspired by a reddit post".

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Trogdos! posted:

Lock them up. Lock them all up!

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Jonas Albrecht posted:

They're rad as gently caress. Also lol at "this cartoon was inspired by a reddit post".

Leisurely scrolling down r/democratsbad/ he sees someone post "Democrats Bad" and spits coffee everywhere. The world must know this important information

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

man he really did a good job of making Chucky Shoom look badass here

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Imagine if Chuck actually had that kind of backbone

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

It's the same flag as any other American. A Good...no actually gently caress you.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

I worked with a guy in the animation business ... told me this story from way back in the Frank Sinatra/Bobby-Sox's day.

Sinatra had this show in a theater in NYC (I gather the New York's Paramount theatre).

The story is they had to clean the seats after the shows from the excited girls.

This also happened:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2011/jun/11/frank-sinatra-pop-star

VideoGameVet fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jan 22, 2018

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Samurai Sanders posted:

The contradiction I keep hearing from a Texan friend about everyone she knew growing up was "people are living day to day and have no time or energy to think about the world outside of their family and friends" and "they vote aggressively to gently caress over things and people far distant from them".

I don't think that's really a contradiction. It doesn't take that long to vote (especially if no one's trying to suppress your demographic group's voting), but it takes more time to learn about the issues and vote intelligently. If you see it as your duty to show up every couple years and hit the straight "R" button, you don't need to take the time to learn about the impact your vote has.

Oh, please, Melania knew adultery came with the marriage.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Panel 1 and Zelda is already leading him by the dick, smh

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jurgan posted:

I don't think that's really a contradiction. It doesn't take that long to vote (especially if no one's trying to suppress your demographic group's voting), but it takes more time to learn about the issues and vote intelligently. If you see it as your duty to show up every couple years and hit the straight "R" button, you don't need to take the time to learn about the impact your vote has.

That drawing is WAY more expressive than Melania's face can physically be.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Where do you have your hands in that last panel Zelda???

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

so what exactly is the fisa memo Garrison is hyperventilating about

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

It's a thing Devin Nunes purports to have, but won't show anyone. It ostensibly details FISA court surveillance 'abuses' against the Trump campaign. Most likely, FISA granted surveillance warrants against the Trump campaign based on Steele dossier info or similar. It's not like it's hard to get a FISA warrant.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Fulchrum posted:

Hazarding a guess, Pope Francis is attempting to save the Catholic Church after a history of abuses of power and canonizing bigotry have left it near death.

Dunno if thats real and this is a super generic cartoon, or if I'm AGCing it.

The Pope was in Chile, trying to help mend the catholic church's standing there, which has been hit by what else, a pedo scandal - and he ended up accusing the victims of slander. Here's a :nws: Cartoon about it:nws:

quote:

That poor chipmunk :(

Uh oh.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Pants Donkey posted:

Trump toady Devin Nunes wrote a memo in which he alleges all sorts of FISA abuses by the FBI and other agencies, but won't release it or discuss the particulars with the FBI.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Ah yes, as we endured years and years of PSYCHOTIC BADASS HARRY REID WILL FEARLESSLY DRIVE THIS COUNTRY INTO A DITCH cartoons, now we're getting ULTRA-VIOLENT HITMAN CHUCK SCHUMER WILL SHOOT OUR WIMPY FACES OFF; your universe sounds great, wingnuts, can I live in it?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

man, we've gotta try Payne for war crimes at the Hague because this is the most tortured metaphor I have ever seen

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
This is the most flattering Garrison caricature of anyone I've seen in a long time. Did he just like, accidentally not gently caress up?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Welp, those "Schumer is holding our wussy asses hostage" takes really aged well, good job conservative cartoonists

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Sandpuppy posted:

The Pope was in Chile, trying to help mend the catholic church's standing there, which has been hit by what else, a pedo scandal - and he ended up accusing the victims of slander. Here's a :nws: Cartoon about it:nws:

Aw, Francis. No. I thought you were cool :(

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

:getin:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jurgan posted:

From the look of her she was hoping that fidelity didn't.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

loquacius posted:

man, we've gotta try Payne for war crimes at the Hague because this is the most tortured metaphor I have ever seen

What??? I HOPE you're giving him time served for the PEFECT pun! See it's "Jumanji" but...instead of "Juman" it's "Shumer"! He's talking about Chuck Shumer but making his name the game name!! THERE IS LITERALLY NO BETTER WAY TO WRITE THIS MASTERFUL JOKE!

Note to self: "Shumer" replaces "Juman" (pronounced "Jewmon") instead just of the much better "Shumanji" which still gets the point across but reads better and fits the pun better. Anti-semantic or Stupid? (note to self: new game show?)

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Trump toady Devin Nunes wrote a memo in which he alleges all sorts of FISA abuses by the FBI and other agencies, but won't release it or discuss the particulars with the FBI.

It would be hilarious if the #releasethememo campaign catches on and Nunes is eventually forced to release whatever crap he scribbled, and there’s nothing there. I remember something similar in 2001, where Bush’s press secretary started a rumor that Clinton had trashed the White House before leaving. A GOP congressman demanded an independent accounting, after which it turned out the whole thing was made up.

Jurgan fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jan 22, 2018

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jurgan posted:

It would be hilarious if the #releasethememo campaign catches on and Nunes is eventually forced to release whatever crap he scribbled, and there’s nothing there. I remember something similar in 2001, where Bush’s press secretary started a rumor that Clinton had trashed the White House before leaving. A GOP congressman demanded an independent accounting, after which it turned out the whole thing was made up.

The whole point is not to have something, it's to LOOK LIKE they have something. The whole thing is pointless and they know it but the optics of "We're still looking into Benghazi because OF QUESTIONS!!" hurts Hillary's numbers and...wait hold on...another thing? Ok sorry, my bad: the whole POINT is that they start shouting "FIRE! FIRE!" and have their people start screaming about smoke, their people KNOW there's no fire but they can reasonably doubt it away (or just ignore it when it turns out to be nothing) it is just despicable that a small, already investigated issue such as classified emails could cause such ruckus with nothing but rumors and innuend-oh? What? Oh is it O'Keefe again? No? poo poo.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

This is a pretty badass depiction of Schumer.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Mikl posted:

Aw, Francis. No. I thought you were cool :(

Popes are not infallible.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Cat Mattress posted:

Popes are not infallible.

Francis might be the best pope that the Catholics have had in a long time, but, he's still just a really shiny turd in a long line of turds, as far as overall beliefs go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Donald Trump’s first year as president – Thousands protest across US on anniversary of president’s inauguration as government shutdown hits Washington"

Telegraph:

NHS 111 enquiries will be handled by robots within two years, leaked report suggests

Independent:

Bolton: I won't quit as Ukip leader – and may get back with Marney

Times:

Evening Standard: