Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manwall!
Dec 27, 2004
Manwall es victorioso!
A little late, but since Shelly got added to the game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QmzVsqXbMY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/johnhaydon/status/948896137943175168

Well at least I know what this means now

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Had some great games with a couple of goons yesterday. Need to get OBS unfucked so it can run without tanking my fps.

Had a great moment, an adam was going to leave me to die after I got the car repaired and nearly to the exit. He watches Jason (Goon1 Liebold sorry can't remember right now) murder me then steals my poo poo and is running to the car when Goon2 (Danthelad) fuckin slams him with the 4 seater. Perfect horror movie moment.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Shelly is OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owmgrQA9nFs

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
They've been pretty quiet for a while now. Hoping that they'll have some cool news next week! At least that's around when patches usually hit and they did take off last month.

I am hoping that the extra time means a more polished and refined patch with less bugs, but then I do have to keep in mind who we are talking about.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Ghostpilot posted:

polished and refined patch with less bugs

:gooncamp:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

They're pretty good about ironing out the more glaring problems that turn up. It's just that whenever they do a dozen more hilarious and terrible things start happening.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
You can never patch Burk.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
The bugs are what keep me coming back. Plus playing in private games with you guys is always a blast. It is amazing how bad most pubbies are though. You get used to everyone knowing about most aspects of the game and then you run into pubbies that are just baffling. No no Mr Bugsy player, you're right, Deb should totally be the one protecting you while you fail every repair check on the car.

I am happy they added the dancing emotes to the game though. So when that one guy that's been rude to me all game is getting his head smashed I can boogie on his body.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I love playing quarterback mcspeedy and getting all of the items to the 4 seater and removing the trap at the phone AND finding the fuse when everyone just runs straight at Jason and dies.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

You can never patch Burk.

Yeah but would you want to

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Burk, I must have been channeling you tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNwnP-SO0bU

Unrelated, was in a pub game and was Jason. It was terrible, just people yelling fag over and over again. Is there any way to report people or what for poo poo like that? Probably should have just figured out how to mute the guy but eh.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Friday the 13th: The Game: Burk.0 Patch Notes
  • All counselors will spawn next to the phone. If you yell: "WHY?!" loud enough at match onset - Jason's morph ability will become 400% more inaccurate for 2 minutes.

• Gravity physics will now pull all vehicles to the center of Crystal Lake instead of to the ground.

• All random Jasons will spawn as Jason 7, all random counselors as LaChappa.

• Counselors can merge into one body if they run into each other fast enough. Dead counselors have a 30% chance to take possession of the merged counselor body.

• Shotgun spread and damage increased by 500%.

• Tommy Jarvis will now die of natural causes no longer than 120 seconds after spawning.

• Conversing with Jason in-game will increase his rage meter.

• Repair parts will now spawn in the woods.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Friday the 13th: The Game: Burk.0 Patch Notes
  • All counselors will spawn next to the phone. If you yell: "WHY?!" loud enough at match onset - Jason's morph ability will become 400% more inaccurate for 2 minutes.

• Gravity physics will now pull all vehicles to the center of Crystal Lake instead of to the ground.

• All random Jasons will spawn as Jason 7, all random counselors as LaChappa.

• Counselors can merge into one body if they run into each other fast enough. Dead counselors have a 30% chance to take possession of the merged counselor body.

• Shotgun spread and damage increased by 500%.

• Tommy Jarvis will now die of natural causes no longer than 120 seconds after spawning.

• Conversing with Jason in-game will increase his rage meter.

• Repair parts will now spawn in the woods.

At least LaChappa can fix poo poo. There's no hope for Jason 7.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Playing against bots is more fun than practice, but even on normal difficulty they know where the fuse is, get it, and make a beeline for the phone. At the very least it teaches you that the first thing you need to do is Morph/Phone/Trap. They also seem to get car parts fairly quickly, though I've never seen them escape in it before.

One match it spawned the four-seater next to the phone. I had a great time killing three of the bots before I even unlocked Shift :getin:

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
So got to play some Jason last night. Let me know what you think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JuvAu9if44

some other fun rounds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r3w7-MWhRc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmvZfmuLKNk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qesBqKe8Vjc

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I'm so easily tunnel visioned. I would have chased down that one who was dancing for the next twenty minutes. 1/8, jerk!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

DeathChicken posted:

I'm so easily tunnel visioned. I would have chased down that one who was dancing for the next twenty minutes. 1/8, jerk!

Early on in a match your ears are your most important sense. You should be locking down objectives and only be going for kills if counselors are literally running into you or if they're jumping through closed windows and you can get a quick knife hit off. You should only really start going for kills once you have everything trapped and shift unlocks. If someone is running away from you, and you don't have the map under control, just let them go, man.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Condensed Shelly Round
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU0sUHfPX1s

Inside Out Mom fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jan 22, 2018

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

DeathChicken posted:

Once I realized they were trying to get my mask off, it became about using up their med sprays. I'm not a great Jason, but getting 4/8 felt good after that round. I should really play as Jason more so I get more comfortable with the controls. AOD is right though, early round you're harassing people and running defense. Once fear levels are high enough and you have the objectives with a line of defense, then you start putting the pressure on them. Or if you have a round like I did just protect the phone and keep swinging.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

DeathChicken posted:

At least you didn't ragequit. I was playing with pubs and a Jason couldn't seem to catch the girl playing Deborah and he gave up in a huff. It was kind of disappointing because if he had applied pressure elsewhere/waited longer, he probably would've gotten at least another counselor or two and probably had some funtimes chasing the car.

One of my pub games Jason only managed to kill 2-3 counselors before they got the car up and running. I was lone wolfing and four of them were in a group. I hadn't seen Jason all game, so I didn't have a lot of fear and probably could've just gone off to the other side of the map and hid in a tent to wait out the round - the counselors were doing a good job running a blanket party on Jason every time he stopped the car.

But I asked myself - would that have been fun? Eyeing my first aid can, my firecrackers, and the shotgun slung over my shoulder I merely said to myself "Nope, it's time for Tiger Stripe Speedo Chad to be a big goddamn hero."

I enjoyed every moment of knocking Jason down with a shotgun, picking up a dropped pot, beating him senseless with it, and distracting his rear end with firecrackers as Tommy got the car up and running every time.

I mean, in the end he got me and gouged my eyes out, but I'll be damned if that wasn't the best pub game I've played as counselor so far. Hilariously, only Tommy escaped alive in the car.

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jan 22, 2018

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

LuiCypher posted:

At least you didn't ragequit. I was playing with pubs and a Jason couldn't seem to catch the girl playing Deborah and he gave up in a huff. It was kind of disappointing because if he had applied pressure elsewhere/waited longer, he probably would've gotten at least another counselor or two and probably had some funtimes chasing the car.

One of my pub games Jason only managed to kill 2-3 counselors before they got the car up and running. I was lone wolfing and four of them were in a group. I hadn't seen Jason all game, so I didn't have a lot of fear and probably could've just gone off to the other side of the map and hid in a tent to wait out the round - the counselors were doing a good job running a blanket party on Jason every time he stopped the car.

But I asked myself - would that have been fun? Eyeing the my first aid can, my firecrackers, and the shotgun slung over my shoulder I merely said to myself "Nope, it's time for Tiger Stripe Speedo Chad to be a big goddamn hero."

I enjoyed every moment of knocking Jason down with a shotgun, picking up a dropped pot, beating him senseless with it, and distracting his rear end with firecrackers as Tommy got the car up and running every time.

I mean, in the end he got me and gouged my eyes out, but I'll be damned if that wasn't the best pub game I've played as counselor so far. Hilariously, only Tommy escaped alive in the car.

What is fun and what maximizes survival are not always the same. I applaud you as I do the same anytime I get a chance to add more spice to the round.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Oh I'm sure it's optimal to like, winning and stuff to let Dancey Magoo run free after something like that, but hell if I can let an affront like that stand :colbert:

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

DeathChicken posted:

Oh I'm sure it's optimal to like, winning and stuff to let Dancey Magoo run free after something like that, but hell if I can let an affront like that stand :colbert:

I have contemplated getting the emotes so I can run around dancing in my full Speedo glory just for this.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

I am also thinking about rolling as 'Camp Supervisor Jason' once I luck out into him in a pub game.

He has a few key rules he NEEDS the counselors to follow, because otherwise he'll get really upset.

1. DO NOT USE THE PHONE to call for pizza. Seriously guys, I've already called ahead for the pizza. If we double-order pizza, the camp owner is going to get super-pissed at me when he sees the expense report.
2. DO NOT FIX THE CAR(S) or BOAT - Like I said, I've already called ahead for the pizza and I need to have these available to go pick it up. Besides, they're my vehicles and my insurance doesn't allow other people to use them - you understand, right?
3. Tommy Jarvis is PERSONA NON GRATA around these parts - Yeah, he used to be a counselor here. Then he got into the sheep, and they've never been the same since. The owner has asked me to personally take care of him if he comes around again.
4. JUST GO TO [name campsite here] and have a party. I guarantee that if you guys stay there and party, the pizza will be here before you know it and we'll have a great last night at camp!

I fully intend to let every counselor live who goes to the named campsite and parties by waiting out the round. I'm not too worried about the missed XP as Jason because it's easy as hell to grind for it in offline mode anyways.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

LuiCypher posted:

I am also thinking about rolling as 'Camp Supervisor Jason' once I luck out into him in a pub game.

He has a few key rules he NEEDS the counselors to follow, because otherwise he'll get really upset.

1. DO NOT USE THE PHONE to call for pizza. Seriously guys, I've already called ahead for the pizza. If we double-order pizza, the camp owner is going to get super-pissed at me when he sees the expense report.
2. DO NOT FIX THE CAR(S) or BOAT - Like I said, I've already called ahead for the pizza and I need to have these available to go pick it up. Besides, they're my vehicles and my insurance doesn't allow other people to use them - you understand, right?
3. Tommy Jarvis is PERSONA NON GRATA around these parts - Yeah, he used to be a counselor here. Then he got into the sheep, and they've never been the same since. The owner has asked me to personally take care of him if he comes around again.
4. JUST GO TO [name campsite here] and have a party. I guarantee that if you guys stay there and party, the pizza will be here before you know it and we'll have a great last night at camp!

I fully intend to let every counselor live who goes to the named campsite and parties by waiting out the round. I'm not too worried about the missed XP as Jason because it's easy as hell to grind for it in offline mode anyways.

I saw a YouTube vid not too long back of someone who did a campfire party ultimatum with their group of friends and it was hilarious. He made them come up with campfire stories while he hunted everyone down to invite them

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

LuiCypher posted:

I have contemplated getting the emotes so I can run around dancing in my full Speedo glory just for this.

It's totally worth it. My favorite time to dance is standing a few feet away from a pubby who's been an rear end in a top hat as they're being killed by Jason. No, I'm not going to help you because you've been a poo poo this entire round. I'm going to put myself in danger just to rub it in your face.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Regrettable posted:

It's totally worth it. My favorite time to dance is standing a few feet away from a pubby who's been an rear end in a top hat as they're being killed by Jason. No, I'm not going to help you because you've been a poo poo this entire round. I'm going to put myself in danger just to rub it in your face.

I've taken to dancing as I escape to the cops. You get a couple of seconds just as your pulled across the invisible line between map and cops where you can tap the emote menu, so everyone dances out.

LaChappa in his Dorrito shirt of power dancing away to the cops is always hilarious.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

joylessdivision posted:

I've taken to dancing as I escape to the cops. You get a couple of seconds just as your pulled across the invisible line between map and cops where you can tap the emote menu, so everyone dances out.

LaChappa in his Dorrito shirt of power dancing away to the cops is always hilarious.

If you time it right, you can dance for a couple of seconds in Jason's grasp. You have to do it right when he grabs you.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Regrettable posted:

If you time it right, you can dance for a couple of seconds in Jason's grasp. You have to do it right when he grabs you.

I'll have to try that.

I had a really great jump scare happen to me in a game the other day. I was in a cabin with another counselor and as we're talking about something, somehow we didn't hear Jason break through the front door. It was one of those cabins with the two doors in the middle wall/two room deals.

I turn away from the desk and suddenly theres Jason walking right towards me.

I screamed "Oh poo poo!" And proceeded to blast him with the shotgun and run like hell.

I don't remember if I lived through that match or not but it was pretty great.

I also just played a round as Shelly where I helped repair both cars and call the cops. I'm pretty sure everyone but me and another player survived.

Gotta make those fat nerds useful for something.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Any idea why the Push to Talk key would suddenly stop working? It went out the other day (turning it off entirely still worked, so the mic was fine), I reset the in-game settings. Worked. Today it's out again and resetting does not work.

Googling it, it seems like this is a common problem that no one really has an answer for.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

Any idea why the Push to Talk key would suddenly stop working? It went out the other day (turning it off entirely still worked, so the mic was fine), I reset the in-game settings. Worked. Today it's out again and resetting does not work.

Googling it, it seems like this is a common problem that no one really has an answer for.

Sometimes the mic just stops working and the game needs to be restarted for it to work again. The fact that resetting it worked the previous time but not today makes me think your mic just stopped working altogether and last time was a different issue.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

And then it started working again. Seems like if I go to the lobby, set it to auto-talk, go back and make noise so the speaker icon goes off, then I can go ahead and set it to Push again without a hitch. Bizarre.

Anyway, had a terribly funny run of games. We piled into the car in one, Mitch was driving, me in the backseat with someone else. Mitch immediately takes a left and plows into a tree. Like ten seconds of silence, then girl to my left goes "Uh, do you want me to drive?"

Next game I'm Jason, trying to chase down two people with about an equal shot of who I'm going after. One guy helpfully goes "Crap I'm out of stamina." Dawned on me after I killed him that would be a nice way of faking someone out.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Changed my preferred spawn to Jason. I get him just about every other round now.

I somehow manage to always kill the host first and get dropped 4 minutes in :(

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

devs posted:

Good evening, counselors and slashers.

We’ve seen your reports; our Jason characters aren’t scary. We’ve seen the videos of counselors running circles around Jason and smacking him upside the head, repeatedly, while he quietly resigns himself to his fate. We’ve even seen videos of Jason being forced to run away while being chased by 4 Chads with baseball bats.

That’s not cool, and Chad is a dick.

As such, we will be implementing the following changes to Jason characters.

Each Jason will be gaining a small speed increase - this is not so fast as to make it impossible for counselors to escape from a Jason player, but it is enough to make Jason feel more relentless.

Each Jason will start with 2 additional throwing knives.

Jason’s grab reach and radius have been looked at and reworked - this should help alleviate the issues players are reporting of counselors slipping through Jason’s fingers, while still retaining a fair grab range for counselor players.

We feel that these changes will do quite a bit to bring a proper balance to the game. Please continue submitting your feedback for Friday the 13th: The Game!

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

These are all Good Things; that grab drove me batty and didn't enjoy Jason as much

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the throwing knives help a lot. i always run out of those halfway through the game and even just an extra ONE is a big boon.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

:getin:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Grey Fox posted:

These are all Good Things; that grab drove me batty and didn't enjoy Jason as much

I can't wait to hear people bitching about how "Jason is too OP now" after the patch drops.

I still hear people bitching about Savini being too OP in lobbies even after the last patch nerfed all the Jasons.

More knives will be super helpful, and hopefully they have some updates or tweaks coming for offline mode because those bots are real dumb, even on Hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
The speed and knife buff alone are a pretty big deal, but throwing a grab buff into the mix? I think they might've swung the pendulum back a bit too far. They probably could have afforded to be a bit more incremental.

• Locked thread