Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Can anyone give me a brief breakdown of some of the newer heists, since Yacht? I havent done that or much of any of the ones after (Yacht, Alaska, Reservoir Dogs, Brooklyn Bank, I'm not sure what else?)

I know Yacht is stealth only - how does it compare to Diamond Store or Murky Station for stealthing, solo or otherwise?

Are any of the others good XP/time or particularly fun in any way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
DV, do you happen to have any idea when BeardLib will be updated to the 170.1 patch level? I’m getting continuous access violation crashes whenever I try to run the game, and I can’t update the RestorationMod because of it. Thanks.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Can anyone give me a brief breakdown of some of the newer heists, since Yacht? I havent done that or much of any of the ones after (Yacht, Alaska, Reservoir Dogs, Brooklyn Bank, I'm not sure what else?)

I know Yacht is stealth only - how does it compare to Diamond Store or Murky Station for stealthing, solo or otherwise?

Yacht Heist is forced stealth and therefore automatically crap to me.

Alaskan heist is short and fun. No compulsory loot to secure, just kill hundreds of policemen in a snowy dockyard to free the Butcher's ship and its crew. As with numerous other heists, there is an objective that the cops can disrupt (in this case, refuelling the ship) that is just about the only remotely difficult thing about the heist since the fuel tank can be rather far from the ship.

Reservoir Dogs is the longest heist they've released in a while and occurs in reverse chronological order, like in the movie. Day 1 (which is actually Day 2) is a big no-holds-barred shootout in a warehouse complex that looks like the one in the movie. Only one piece of compulsory loot is required and it's a light bag, so again not a bag-moving simulator. Day 2 (which is actually Day 1) is a big no-holds-barred shootout in a Garnet Group diamond store. Six compulsory bags but no need to carry them over long distances to secure. Vault is cracked through different means than the usual thermal drill, so that's something fresh. Overall just a gigantic 2-day shootout with hundreds of policemen, so a lot of fun. The only somewhat bullshit dynamic is the SWAT turret but that can be easily avoided/killed.

Brooklyn Bank is another huge shootout as you raid the titular bank to get something that Bain needs. Other than Election Day Plan C this is the only bank heist with no stealth option. Open vault using drill/thermite/winch, murder hundreds of policemen while waiting for it, grab the required item, and get out. Again, no compulsory loot bags. SWAT turret(s) may spawn in inconvenient locations (eg directly overlooking the escape van) but they reduced the probability after getting complaints.

Based on these latest 3 free heists, the trend in heist design seems to be a movement away from numerous bags of compulsory loot and a reduction in stealth-oriented heists, which is something they're getting right.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Yacht is pretty much the single best stealth heist in the game. If not for a single design element (stupid time-wasting, insta-fail lasers) and some slightly wonky bits it'd be perfect, IMO. If you're asking the level of complexity/challenge it's definitely closer to Murky Station than Diamond Store. Think a less obnoxious version of Alesso.

I only did Alaska once but it was bland as hell. Brooklyn 10-10 isn't much better, but apparently some people like it?

Diamond Heist is pretty cool, though stealth can get frustrating and a little too RNG-dependent.

Reservoir Dogs and Brooklyn Bank are the two I haven't come back to play yet.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jan 19, 2018

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Alaskan Deal: Short and sweet. Rescue the Butcher's guys by decopping a boat and sawing open a garage, fuel the boat, untie the boat, re-decop the boat, end.

Diamond Heist: Ever play the first one? Pretty much the same except you have to find the code yourself (split three ways on different laptops) and it only goes loud under Payday 2 rules. Didn't play it? It's sneaking around a place where cover forgot to exist in large portions of it and when you screw up and bring the heat you will likely curse this fact.

Cursed Kill Room: It's Wick's training area but with a million cops, those safes from Lab Rats/Santa's Workshop and Cloakaine. You run circuits around it on a time limit (not a point of no return, just a simple "OK, fun's over. Go activate the exit."), defending a safe and securing loot at some stage of it and repeat until the game gives you a choice of deadly sin mask. Don't forget to pick the mask up.

Reservoir Dogs Heist: The plot of Reservoir Dogs, only instead of Mr. Orange being a cop, it's Bain being a bad. Lots in the way of waiting for things, not too much in the way of babysitting. Too many snipers.

Brooklyn Bank: Imagine Big Bank compressed into something the size of H&T Bank, less involved, no pre-planning and without mandatory loot. Or Bank Heist with a back area to break into and a random vault cracking method.

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jan 19, 2018

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Anyone else playing this in VR? My character feels very slow and the sprint control doesn't appear to work.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Wastrel_ posted:

Heist details

John Murdoch posted:

Heist details

maswastaken posted:

Heist details

Thanks guys! Going to be helping a friend grind some infamies soon so I figured it would be wise to up to date on that kinda stuff.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

oh payday I've missed you

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Gort posted:

Anyone else playing this in VR? My character feels very slow and the sprint control doesn't appear to work.

You auto sprint if you one-hand your gun. Using two hands activates ADS and will slow you down.

If it's not that, no idea, been fine for me except those times you get caught on loving geometry.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
how have i ignored the power of flechette ammo up until now :saddowns:

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

EorayMel posted:

how have i ignored the power of flechette ammo up until now :saddowns:

A fully sawed off Mosconi 12G with flechettes is fun times.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

More like The Everheisting Tradestopper.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

maswastaken posted:

More like The Everheisting Tradestopper.

They were bronies

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

FAUXTON posted:

:911::patriot::hellyeah:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

On the other hand, I made it through an OD run of Brooklyn Bank (I think, at least? The one where we blew a hole in the floor and a wall and had to leave on a boat in the subway or something like that idk I shot the most cops and wasn't the most downed)

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Fun bug on Golden Grin:

Friend who has his equipment gets disconnected, re-joins the game. He's back in civilian mode, yet he still gets detected by cameras and people.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Paingod556 posted:

You auto sprint if you one-hand your gun. Using two hands activates ADS and will slow you down.

If it's not that, no idea, been fine for me except those times you get caught on loving geometry.

Ah, I've been using dual pistols, maybe that's the problem.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

TheObserver posted:

DV, do you happen to have any idea when BeardLib will be updated to the 170.1 patch level? I’m getting continuous access violation crashes whenever I try to run the game, and I can’t update the RestorationMod because of it. Thanks.

I have no idea what would be causing a generalized crash on start. Others aren't having that problem, so I suggest removing different mods (back up saves first, etc) and reinstalling them starting with whichever flavor BLT you use.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Gort posted:

Ah, I've been using dual pistols, maybe that's the problem.

I have no idea how they do ADS with those, actually. Can't find any info on them either. All I can confirm is- Brothers Grimm are amazing.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

I really think there needs to be bulldozer variants of all the specials.

Imagine... the CloakDozer if you will.

The warble noise but much deeper. Runs faster. Armed with a cloaker hes holding by the ankle that he just wildly swings at you.

The TazerDozer. Armed with a streetsweeper tazer. Or something. Maybe.

ShielDozer armed with... 2 shields.

Sniper. no never mind this ones dumb.

Gangsterdozer. Armed with 3 unnerfed enemy uzis.

And knucklesdozer who knos de wae.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

A SniperDozer who dual wields PTRS anti-tank rifles. Getting hit by one instantly puts a player into custody. :getin:

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

UnknownMercenary posted:

A SniperDozer who dual wields PTRS anti-tank rifles. Getting hit by one instantly puts a player into custody. :getin:

This is a really good idea.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
actually a dozer that charges in with dual uzis a la Mark of Hotline Miami 2 would be pretty rad

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

UnknownMercenary posted:

The PTRS weighs about 46lbs(20.3kg) and is just short of 7 feet long. So not dual welding it.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

spit on my clit posted:

actually a dozer that charges in with dual uzis a la Mark of Hotline Miami 2 would be pretty rad

The Medicdozer wields an SMG, but functionally, enemies with akimbo weapons aren't actually very different mechanically- and the SMG is the weapon we tend to give enemies that are relatively nonthreatening with direct fire. We're looking at fixing up the game's current akimbo-wielding boss, though...

grimcreaper posted:

No.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ThatOneGuy posted:

The PTRS weighs about 46lbs(20.3kg) and is just short of 7 feet long. So not dual welding it.
Of all his ideas this is the one you call out :psyduck:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Discendo Vox posted:

The Medicdozer wields an SMG, but functionally, enemies with akimbo weapons aren't actually very different mechanically- and the SMG is the weapon we tend to give enemies that are relatively nonthreatening with direct fire. We're looking at fixing up the game's current akimbo-wielding boss, though...

no more medics, you.

grimcreaper posted:

he has a flamethrower that he calls Spitfire.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

spit on my clit posted:

he has a flamethrower that he calls Spitfire.

'cause you know that it can

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Day 4: Teaser time! All contents subject to change.

quote:

To: s.garrett@paydaytaskforce.gov
Date:
Subject: Crackdown

Commissioner Garrett,

Howdy! This is Chuck Thomson, your newly designated oversight liaison for the joint operation between the DCPD, FBI, DHS, and our friends upstairs. You may remember meeting me at our impromptu live fire demonstration last night. I apologize for interrupting your evening like that, but the folks up top were eager to give you a taste of what we had to offer. I understand you may have found the experience a bit humiliating, but I think you made the right choice, given what happened to Mr. Jones and Mr. Fallete when we visited their residences. Hopefully another demonstration won’t be necessary.

Anyway, I’m not here to make threats, I’m here to tell you about the future of civil protection in DC, and the forces you are going to have access to as we work together to end the Payday Gang! Now, I understand the initial Zeal rollout left a lot to be desired. The rush to get forces on the streets in advance of that crime spree last fall…it was lacking, to say the least. That changes today. Our mutual benefactors have dipped into their vaults, to help us keep the Payday gang out of them. Gensec R&D has been fully federalized. We’re practically opening gates into hell to bring in new recruits, and these kids fight like demons, too! The new crackdown coming from Zeal will see entirely retrained and refitted troops that will finally end the clowns. This email will inventory the main changes to the Zeal Force as their first wave hits DC. I’ve added some personal notes, formatted [like this], for your further consideration.

Zeal Forces
All Zeal Force members that have not been requisitioned from local law enforcement are now sourced from the Zulu procurement program. While the specifics of this program are classified, the Zulus are among the most experienced and battle-hardened fighters to be found anywhere, at any time. They will resist coercion, ignore pain, and exercise outstanding trigger control. These hellborne warriors represent the vanguard of the Zeal Force. [While they can take a bullet better than anyone else, these men are all aware that their principal purpose is to drive the clowns into the embrace of the special unit. Don’t ask where they came from, what their training was, or how we command them. They know better than to answer.]

Light
Even the most lightly armored of the Zeal team now works in coordinated squads. A special conditioning program also gives these soldiers excellent reflexes in battle. [We’re extremely pleased with the work the OMNIA neurosurgeons did here; I’ve seen these poor souls dodge out of the way before the testers even take aim!] Rank-and-file Zulus are trained and expected to pursue criminals at close range and provide continuous supporting fire for other, more heavily equipped units. [This is our way of saying these guys are blood on the altar to summon our heavier hitters.]

Heavy
Armored members of the general Zeal Force are now equipped with a full layered weave, impregnated with Vivinite fiber and blast padding. Beyond the usual torso bulletproofing, armored Zulus are generally more resistant to explosives and most other violent force. [We have Zulu squads set up for a number of distinct purposes; I’ll send you the prospectus later. The important thing to know is that these guys won’t let a little explosive ordinance shake them up, and they’re trained to do more than just run at the clowns firing wildly like your “elites” do.]

Shotgunners
When the Zulus first hit DC, oversights in the acquisitions process led to a shortage of weapons; all deployed units were equipped with rifles that, while powerful, provided a lack of flexibility. These issues have been corrected, and light and heavy Zeal units will deploy with a full range of shotguns and assault rifles. [Like the red glow? Our psy-ops group suggested it would have a strong intimidation effect. Don’t lick their helmets, though; that’s radium paint.]

Cloakers
Cloakers have for a long time been one of the most promising special units. Our benefactors had high hopes for the rollout of the second generation of Cloakers in response to the re-emergence of Bain and Crimenet. Unfortunately, the demanding skillset of the enforcement role attracted loners whose neuroses have limited their ability to work with the larger police force. Coordination issues have crippled their onsite effectiveness.
These critical defects have now been addressed. Extensive psychiatric counseling and talk therapy sessions have shown these gifted, troubled officers the power of cooperation- they will now work in teams, and with other units to strike the payday gang. At the same time, “hands-on” exercises with incarcerated test subjects has taught these men the worthlessness of mercy. Cloakers embedded with the Zeal Force will not hesitate to attack a criminal that is alone. [We’ve got them working in groups of up to four, and we’ve also trained them to set traps for criminals using the bodies of their allies. Accomplishments like these are why I’m so proud to be a part of this organization.]

Medics
We spent a lot of time pondering the re-training of Medics, and they're potentially the biggest game-changer for the task force. Because of training, when a Zeal Medic heals a fellow law enforcer, the Medic will also heal all other nearby police. Better supply allocation and positioning also mean that Medics can heal others more than twice as often. These changes make the Medical Unit a much more flexible unit on the field. Even if the clowns adapt and start targeting Medics first, our forces will be much more difficult to eliminate. [We know that Medics have a history of being targeted—that’s why many of them will now be embedded with other special units, who will be instructed to disrupt attempts to attack them.]
A major turning point for us was the decision that medics needed higher range of motion to provide effective care. To achieve this flexibility, their standard assault rifles and shotguns have been replaced with sidearms for field engagement when not performing in a support role. [And to compensate for this, I saw to it that they’re getting revolvers with depleted uranium armor-piercing rounds. If you get any complaints from human rights groups, just give me a name and address.

Actually, don’t bother, we’re monitoring all your comms.]

Snipers
The pencil-pushers over in DHS crunched the numbers and realized that the Payday Crew was locating police snipers by following the lasers on their rifles. [It boggles my mind that it took you people this long to notice. There’s a reason we didn’t give our snipers laser modules back when the clowns debuted at First World Bank.]
To correct for this oversight, police marksmen have had their laser modules taken away and will now be given tracer rounds to tell where their shots are landing. In addition, snipers will be dispatched to the field with support teams to hit the gang from unusual angles [such as point blank to the back of the head]. While constant movement will make these advance units take longer to line up a good shot, we are confident this strategy will return dividends. Our “assault snipers” will be relatively lightly armored and will be more vulnerable in the field, so we’ve ensured they will receive heavy defensive support. [Most of your snipers appear uncomfortable with close range combat, which is too bad; we’ll likely have to anticipate higher turnover in this area. Please let your men know I’m very grateful for their sacrifice.]

Tasers
Tasers have been outfitted with higher voltage, lower current stun units. Shocked criminals are in for a ride: they will go down much faster, and the disorienting effect will be much stronger, making it harder to aim or break free. [We’ve also equipped their uniforms with an insulating layer and a grounding switch. None of us understand how you were running taser units without a grounding switch.]

Grenadiers
Strategic use of teargas has proven highly effective at disrupting Bain’s tactical plans- but Payday gang members were able to anticipate and intercept attempts to plant emitters at conflict sites. In response, our collaborators introduced this “Grenadier” unit to great success last year. He’s trained to lob teargas grenades at entrenched criminals, driving them from defensive positions. [No more lengthy, vulnerable helicopter insertions for the DCPD! Well, ok, we’ll keep sending your men in to die, why not. Every little helps!] The Zeal force now has dedicated Grenadier squads that pair these criminal pest control specialists with other heavy hitters to take out targets once the gas has been driven them from cover.
[Previous iterations of the Grenadier were outfitted with harmless stun gas; criminals might be disoriented and unable to recover their armor, but they weren’t being hurt, which I think was really missing the point. I understand there were complaints in the press about using neurotoxins on U.S. soil, the Geneva convention, etc. Don’t worry about it- my employers have removed the relevant legal obstacles. Just stay out of the training area; we’ve started recruiting from the Southwest and these gentlemen are very enthusiastic.]

Z-Dozers
The same acquisitions problems that hit the main Zulu force also severely compromised the Bulldozer unit rollout. On-the-ground forces were forced to requisition inferior equipment from the DCPD, greatly hampering the effectiveness of our centerpiece forces. This led to Dozers of all types being stuck with pump-action shotguns, stuffed into improvised armor. [I hear the DHS yahoos were literally spraypainting a “Z” on the visor. Ridiculous.]
Now that equipment has been properly distributed, the Z-Dozer force will deploy with designated pump-action shotguns, automatic shotguns, or light machine guns, depending on the squad they are embedded in. More importantly, the real Z-Dozer armor has arrived. Unlike past generations of Bulldozer armor, Z-Dozer armor plates will not break under any amount of force. This is because it’s a multilayered titanium weave housing entire blocks of lab-grown Vivinite, each of which is subject to individual electron laser shaping and reductive blast hardening. [Courtesy of our friends at OMNIA - don’t ask how much all of this costs.] While Z-Dozer visors remain a potential weak spot, Zeal Dozers have received training in flanking, mantling and ambush tactics. They also never move without a full support team. [You may notice a reddish glow coming from inside the new Dozers’ visors at times. Don’t worry about it, it’s strictly a cosmetic thing, we swear.]

MedicDozers
There are relatively few useful resources available to the Zeal Forces in the freestanding FBI forces. One exception stands out, however. During last year’s botched rollout, a data analyst in FBI operations had a suggestion: in the event of a prolonged crime spree by the clowns, begin placing members of the Medical Unit into Bulldozer armor so that they can be better protected while healing their allies. [This young spark has been plucked from her desk and is now in our executive track development program.] The Zeal force now has dedicated MedicDozers, who have received the same exhaustive and effective medical training as conventional Zeal medics. Please note that these individuals are genuinely hard to train and replace, even for us. [You know how hard it is to find a surgeon that can operate while wearing 150 pounds of armor?] They are placed selectively in squads where they can do maximum good, in a leadership position over other medics. [Just be aware that MedicDozers are relatively lightly armed. I wanted to capitalize on this investment and have them also carry miniguns, but apparently their spines kept giving way under the force.]

ZEAL Turrets
Blue sky investment from the DoD and a three year, 18-billion-dollar series of trials at an OMNIA black site have produced an incredibly durable turret with a self-monitoring, self-governing, self-sustaining repair and reload system. If its shield is taken off, the turret will retract, and an onboard 3D printing and fabrication unit will quickly assemble and attach a new shield. There is no limit to the number of times this can happen. ZEAL Turrets will also reload faster and repair themselves more quickly. The PAYDAY Gang simply will not be able to destroy them. If the clowns try to "take out" a turret instead of avoiding it, they will pay for their mistake.
Due to weight issues, this set of improvements will only be implemented in law enforcement vehicles that stay on the ground; thus, helicopters will not be upgraded. [Of course, none of these improvements will be made available to groups not affiliated with US Law Enforcement, who might be mutual enemies of the Payday Gang. Like, say, slipping a file with the core unit improvements to our Murky friends. We wouldn’t dream of it.]

So there you have it, Commissioner! The new and improved Zeal Team. Of course, this is a broad overview; some finer details of our deployment are classified, and we have some additional surprises in store for the gang if this first wave should prove insufficient. That said, this preview should give you a general idea of what to expect from your new forces in the field. We’ll be keeping an eye on you, and we look forward to seeing results!

Best of luck,

Charles Thomson
Quo Modo Deum

P.S. One last note before I leave you to it, Commissioner. We’ve noticed activity in your terminal at odd hours. Think back to when you first arrived in our Nation’s Capital to hunt Bain. I don’t suppose someone stopped by your office with a welcoming gift? Perhaps something emitting a wireless signal?

You did harden your personal workstation against intrusion, didn’t you?

Well, if Bain has a backdoor built into your computer, if Crimenet has had access to all your files, and even if they can read this message, it doesn’t matter. Nothing’s going to help them now. Bain is gone. When the next phase of the crackdown hits, Crimenet will be gone, too.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 23, 2018

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

ThatOneGuy posted:

1.) It's a loving videogame 2.) Payday 2 has long thrown out any semblance of reality. A 9mm Luger does as much damage as a Raging Bull firing .44 Magnum and players can already dual wield AKS-74U carbines.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

When can we do mix/match akimbo with the thanatos and gruber kurz?

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

UnknownMercenary posted:

1.) It's a loving videogame 2.) Payday 2 has long thrown out any semblance of reality. A 9mm Luger does as much damage as a Raging Bull firing .44 Magnum and players can already dual wield AKS-74U carbines.

An AKS-74U isn't the same as a 7 foot rifle. For perspective the MG-42 AKA Buzzsaw is 3 feet shorter, and that things is a monster to carry around.

If they allow dual welding LMGs in the future then whatever. Until then, come on man.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Also if death vox doesn't include a mechanic where bulldozers squash heisters by charging at them I will be very disappointed.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

ThatOneGuy posted:

An AKS-74U isn't the same as a 7 foot rifle. For perspective the MG-42 AKA Buzzsaw is 3 feet shorter, and that things is a monster to carry around.

If they allow dual welding LMGs in the future then whatever. Until then, come on man.

SLATHER MY HAM WITH GRAVY FOR I INTEND TO EAT ALL OF IT

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

BTW many thanks to Scruffy, who has voiced the lines for the Grenadier enemy unit.

EorayMel posted:

Also if death vox doesn't include a mechanic where bulldozers squash heisters by charging at them I will be very disappointed.

Enemy melee behavior is, uh, messy. We're not planning to do anything with it.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Nothing about shields in that fanfic?

I was expecting Medic-Shields and Ur-Shields that have a built in LMG that never needs to reload because it is chain fed from a magazine built into the shield or something.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Day 4: Teaser time! All contents subject to change.
What a journey it has been. Let's look back on it:

Discendo Vox posted:

Day 1, part one

Discendo Vox posted:

Day 1, part two

Discendo Vox posted:

Day 1, addendum

Discendo Vox posted:

*kicks open door, staggers into room carrying stack of pizzas and design documents*

Sorry for the wait, heisters! Day 3 is here!

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jan 23, 2018

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

How long did it take you to find all those posts?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing about shields in that fanfic?

I was expecting Medic-Shields and Ur-Shields that have a built in LMG that never needs to reload because it is chain fed from a magazine built into the shield or something.

Aside from getting a damage and accuracy refit (once we get it working, it's not hooking in right at the moment), shields are unchanged. There are still several systems-level issues that we need to sort out, and we're getting new enemy textures for everyone but the Grenadier and Taser in the first launch version. A lot of work to be done, although the end is in sight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

ThatOneGuy posted:

Good username/post combo