Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Anyone remember the time Brett Favre got hurt and Doug Pederson came in, played awful, and then literally ripped one of his rear end muscles, putting him on IR for the rest of the year ?

that guy just coached a backup qb into destroying the "best defense" in the NFC.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Malaria posted:

The season is over. Embrace the fact that we all live in the worst part of the country.

gently caress the Patriots

I don't live in the South though...

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Pops Mgee posted:

I don't live in the South though...

Rural Wisconsin/Michigan is basically the south with snow

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

CharlestheHammer posted:

This thread is weirdly hostile considering only one team was involved.

gently caress the rest of the NFC North.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
That was the trashiest best defense I've ever seen. Good thing they saved their shittiest performance for the most important game of the season.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

CharlestheHammer posted:

This thread is weirdly hostile considering only one team was involved.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
gently caress the entire NFC North. Including my own team

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Dexo posted:

Especially my own team

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Dexo posted:

That sounds like a good mantra to drink to.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Dexo posted:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dexo posted:

Hear hear

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

The rallying cry needed to bring the thread back together

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Dexo posted:

:911:

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Dexo posted:

Ok, I guess I can get behind this.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Pro as gently caress title change IMO

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Malaria posted:

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I’m excited for next year, though - GB with the coaching shakeups and returns from injuries, Vikes get Dalvin Cook back with a young talented team and a QB controversy, Detroit gets a new coach and still has a great offense, and the Bears have nowhere to go but up.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Malaria posted:

I grew up in Rural Michigan and now live in the South, it really can't be overstated just how painfully true this is.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Oh wow the Vikings blew a nfc championship game. I'm shocked and devastated how will I ever get over this?

Never believing is the key.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Q_res posted:

I grew up in Rural Michigan and now live in the South, it really can't be overstated just how painfully true this is.

70% of my life as a Yooper. We are Alabama with snow

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Rural everywhere is like Alabama.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

iospace posted:

Hear hear

Dilly, dilly

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S8ugNfZVro

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Malaria posted:

Anyone remember the time Brett Favre got hurt and Doug Pederson came in, played awful, and then literally ripped one of his rear end muscles, putting him on IR for the rest of the year ?

that guy just coached a backup qb into destroying the "best defense" in the NFC.

lol

you're suggesting that ripping rear end muscles has a negative impact on coaching prowess; frankly, that's irresponsible and misleading.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Dexo posted:

Yep, this

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
it's good that a Bears fan finally made a good post, and it's good to recognize that achievement with a title change. thanks mods

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jan 22, 2018

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
i'm excited for the bears to improve everywhere except the nfc north standings (where they will finish dead last for foreseeable future)

even if all 4 teams go 8-8 bears will still be last by tiebreakers

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I hope all nfc North teams win Superbowls in my lifetime :)

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
i love hte bears

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You guys certainly uh, let off some steam, didn't you. :stare:

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
I live and work in Minnesota. These are the best days.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

VJeff posted:

You guys certainly uh, let off some steam, didn't you. :stare:

the NFC North is the only good division in football

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

nerve posted:

hope is a lie

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

nerve posted:

Got some bad news for you my dude.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
maybe nerve is the Highlander, it could happen

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
gently caress the god drat vikings. Great finish against the saints but now we get the nick foles lead eagles against the patriots. Brees would have beat the eagles because he is loving brees and not poo poo rear end keenum and then we would have had two hall of fame qbs in the super bowl but instead we get this loving bullshit of game. Vikings should have just loving lost that game but because of their stupid meaningless miracle play which lead to nothing in the end except all of us having to watch a lovely super bowl matchup. The nfc loving gift wrapped this one to the pats this year

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

SD87 posted:

gently caress the god drat vikings. Great finish against the saints but now we get the nick foles lead eagles against the patriots. Brees would have beat the eagles because he is loving brees and not poo poo rear end keenum and then we would have had two hall of fame qbs in the super bowl but instead we get this loving bullshit of game. Vikings should have just loving lost that game but because of their stupid meaningless miracle play which lead to nothing in the end except all of us having to watch a lovely super bowl matchup. The nfc loving gift wrapped this one to the pats this year

Dexo posted:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I've been unironically saying "gently caress the Lions" my entire life.

They bring me nothing but pain and sadness. So this is one bandwagon I wont have to hop on. I've been here for years.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Gonz posted:

I've been unironically saying "gently caress the Lions" my entire life.

They bring me nothing but pain and sadness. So this is one bandwagon I wont have to hop on. I've been here for years.

I'd ask you why you even keep posting about them, but being a Lions fan I already know the answer. :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

SD87 posted:

Ahem. gently caress the Saints.

• Locked thread