Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

As of now, PHL won’t get the good 3 class transcons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Residency Evil posted:

Yup, that's what it was. Are they in the process of upgrading these?

Nope. They are terrible planes. The only redeeming seats in economy are the exit rows with no seat in front.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
MIA-LAX was totally sold out today on AA. Every flight was J0 Y0. Didn’t realize today was such a big travel day.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Omne posted:

Should I be concerned with this situation?

I booked two tickets on Air France from MCO to CDG with a stop in ATL, booked through AF. We paid for certain seats on the ATL-CDG and CDG-ATL legs, so that we are in one of the few 2-seat rows. On the AF website, we can see our AF seats and the returning ATL-MCO seats we picked on delta.com. On Delta.com we can see our MCO-ATL and ATL-MCO seats, but not the other legs. Further, the original MCO-ATL leg was cancelled, replaced with an identical flight (same times, just a different flight number). Also, the AF website says we don't have any checked bag allowance on the MCO-ATL-CDG leg.

It's all very strange. They originally screwed up our names too, and I had to call and get it taken care of (they flipped our first and last names).

Don't be concerned. You can't always see seat maps and whatnot especially if there are equipment changes. The baggage allowance will be correct assuming you have a free baggage allowance through either fare class or status/CC.

If you booked on AF you probably entered your names backwards. It's easy to do.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

i am excited about this DL boston hubbing process other than the fact that i moved away

great timing gently caress faces

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Mandalay posted:

MIA-LAX was totally sold out today on AA. Every flight was J0 Y0. Didn’t realize today was such a big travel day.

I flew threw TSA Clear at the D-gate entrance. I was actually worried about making it with enough time but it's been really slow here

:shrug:

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Yesterday at MIA TSA pre D gates it was backed up a good 100 feet past the end of the line, in front of the AA priority ticket counters.

I like how priority pass gives you $30 credit at the Corona Beach House restaurant right outside that checkpoint. Food is mediocre and it’s not actually relaxing there, so yes it’s different than a lounge, but I found it useful for a quick meal.

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.
First flight as a Diamond, upgraded 5 days in advance for both legs of a trip to STL. Feels like it felt being Platinum in 2012.

Oops it’s snowing in MSP, flight cancelled, rerouted through Atlanta in a middle seat (got that fixed fast, still in economy though).

At least I’ll get a Willy’s burrito at B gates in Atlanta now which is a poor version of a non-airport Willy’s burrito but I’ll take what I can get.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Mandalay posted:

Yesterday at MIA TSA pre D gates it was backed up a good 100 feet past the end of the line, in front of the AA priority ticket counters.

I like how priority pass gives you $30 credit at the Corona Beach House restaurant right outside that checkpoint. Food is mediocre and it’s not actually relaxing there, so yes it’s different than a lounge, but I found it useful for a quick meal.

I grab something from that Einsteins right through security at TSA-D but the line is always so hit or miss. Sometimes its like 40+ people.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Lote posted:

Nope. They are terrible planes. The only redeeming seats in economy are the exit rows with no seat in front.

If you don't mind metal sides and even less width than the normal poo poo seats.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Taking my gf to Joel Robuchon tonight on Sentosa island. On one hand, I'm insanely excited to try it. On the other, the thought of the price is making me break out in a cold sweat. :ohdear:

movax
Aug 30, 2008

ScooterMcTiny posted:

FYI for anyone who has the Delta AMEX, I called about having them waive the annual fee since they jacked the MQD waiver, which they didn’t do but they offered 40k Miles or a $175 statement credit

Any magic words you used during the call? They claimed they couldn't adjust miles or credit.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I'm on an AMS-DTW transat right now and it is loving empty. There might be sixty people on this plane.

Even though the client side idiots made me book Y+ the joke is on them as I have an entire loving row to myself.

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I'm on an AMS-DTW transat right now and it is loving empty. There might be sixty people on this plane.

Even though the client side idiots made me book Y+ the joke is on them as I have an entire loving row to myself.

Someone didn’t show up for my SEA-ATL IRROP flight so I moved the 45C to 1C Allahu Akbar God smiles upon us today.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Arzakon posted:

Someone didn’t show up for my SEA-ATL IRROP flight so I moved the 45C to 1C Allahu Akbar God smiles upon us today.

may all your long flights have low load factors while maintaining sufficient profitability to sustain the route mashallah

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

movax posted:

Any magic words you used during the call? They claimed they couldn't adjust miles or credit.

Did amex.com chat, and they gave me a direct number to Amex retention. When I got on the phone said "the MQD 25k waiver is the primary reason I had the card, now that it isnt' there, I don't know if the card has value for me and I might need to cancel. Is it possible to waive the fee for a year so I can see if it will still provide value for me." She said no we can't waive the fee, but we have a couple retention offers: $175 statement credit or 40k miles.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
One time I was flying back from Maui and there was a grass fire on the island that cut off the entire west side of the island from the airport. Luckily I was on the south side so I got there just fine. Didn’t have to wait in line at any point and then I had literally the entire back half of coach to myself. It owned so hard.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Nice thing about JetBlue is that around here at LGB there are hardly any elites so I can often board as first person on the plane. It’s almost like that new plane smell full of hope and possibility that I could be the only one :shobon:

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Sometimes status is really worth it. Raining in SF, every flight delayed from LAX, just walk up to the gate for whatever the next flight leaving is, ask to be put on the standby list, jump to 1/14 (sorry other people) and home in time for dinner instead of 9pm.

Leaving Sunday for 2 weeks on the road and really annoyed that London/Berlin is bookended with two NYC trips which means no leg is long enough for biz class. I feel like such an rear end but I haven’t flown coach to Europe in like, 5 years.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
On one trip last year I had to do LHR>IAD in WT+ on a BA 747, old-rear end cabin too with those stupid proprietary DC ports that no one has adapters for. Honestly it was fine, and I even got a ton of work done on the plane.

You’ll be fine.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I just got a call from my boss. They're sending me to London again after next week. I told him I'm taking next week off and he better not call me unless it's an emergency.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I’m in the exciting :airquote:city of DFW Airport:airquote: for 3 days of meetings at a Hyatt. It has its own postal designation and zip code.

Also I hate insomnia

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

You are VERY close to hard eight and should definitely go there.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

taco show posted:

You are VERY close to hard eight and should definitely go there.

A million times this. Hard Eight is the poo poo!

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

Going to Japan at the end of Feb for work close to Haneda. Do I fly SEA-LAX-HND, doing 3 hours in the air to save myself 2 hours in Tokyo public transit doing SEA-NRT? There isn't immediate GUC space on either flight but there are 20+ first class seats open and LAX-HND are good A330 seats and not mediocre 767 seats. I guess if I miss the upgrade then flying through LAX is definitely the worse scenario.

Comedy option fly to DTW and try for an A350 suite upgrade is also on the table.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Arzakon posted:

Going to Japan at the end of Feb for work close to Haneda. Do I fly SEA-LAX-HND, doing 3 hours in the air to save myself 2 hours in Tokyo public transit doing SEA-NRT? There isn't immediate GUC space on either flight but there are 20+ first class seats open and LAX-HND are good A330 seats and not mediocre 767 seats. I guess if I miss the upgrade then flying through LAX is definitely the worse scenario.

Comedy option fly to DTW and try for an A350 suite upgrade is also on the table.

SEA-NRT was on an older 763ER (Delta right?). Taking the NEX into Shinagawa wasn’t that big of a deal; there’s also a JR line that runs out to it. But that’s time you could be using to get to your hotel and some awesome yakitori.

On return, then you’ve got limousine bus to get back to the airport and you’re hosed if you hit traffic.

I’d do HND. Sad that Delta gave their HND slots to the LAX run; PDX and SEA get NRT. :(

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Lote posted:

at least it's no MD-80. those things are loving awful and one of the many reasons I'm sad my airline of choice is American

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009
Apparently Delta and American now have an interline agreement again.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Normally I would say HND every time. You save so much time and you can even take a cab to the airport if you ever need to. It’s way easier getting to the city.

But in your case just take the NEX to Tokyo station and find a place nearby

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

movax posted:

SEA-NRT was on an older 763ER (Delta right?). Taking the NEX into Shinagawa wasn’t that big of a deal; there’s also a JR line that runs out to it. But that’s time you could be using to get to your hotel and some awesome yakitori.

On return, then you’ve got limousine bus to get back to the airport and you’re hosed if you hit traffic.

I’d do HND. Sad that Delta gave their HND slots to the LAX run; PDX and SEA get NRT. :(

I've only been once, but did SEA-NRT last July and had no issues with traffic on the limo bus either way. Was I just lucky? I landed at NRT at 4pm and only took 50 min to get to my hotel in Shibuya.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Arzakon posted:

I'm doing the latter (DTW-NRT) in the middle of February so I'll get back to you. Staying in Akihabara, so i'm planning on Keisei Skyliner to Nippori then JR Yamanote to Akihabara.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

at least it's no MD-80. those things are loving awful and one of the many reasons I'm sad my airline of choice is American

i like DL MD-88s

Thomamelas posted:

Apparently Delta and American now have an interline agreement again.

what?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Guys the B terminal in Philledelphia is pretty nice. I never get up to the NE cause we have an office there but I'm connecting through and wow. It's super updated, clean, power everywhere. It's great.

I was all ready to poop all over it cause it's philly but wow

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

PHL is one of my favorite airports. You can walk to all terminals airside, plenty of food choices and I’m originally from the Philly area, so some of the local food places are fun for me to visit every once in a while, they have the water bottle fountains everywhere, admirals clubs and a united lounge. The only bitch is occasionally I’ll come in the F terminal only to have to run to A East, which sucks, but it’s not too bad.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Cacafuego posted:

PHL is one of my favorite airports. You can walk to all terminals airside, plenty of food choices and I’m originally from the Philly area, so some of the local food places are fun for me to visit every once in a while, they have the water bottle fountains everywhere, admirals clubs and a united lounge. The only bitch is occasionally I’ll come in the F terminal only to have to run to A East, which sucks, but it’s not too bad.

Plus it's a super cheap cab to and from Center City. Philadelphia is a great town all around despite the horrible reputation it's earned for being a racist shithole full of assholes.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

I liked NRT way better than HND. You can get both Trains and "Limos" out of NRT to Tokyo proper.

Cocoa Crispies posted:

I'm doing the latter (DTW-NRT) in the middle of February so I'll get back to you. Staying in Akihabara, so i'm planning on Keisei Skyliner to Nippori then JR Yamanote to Akihabara.

The Skyliner is really nice and fast. (And cheap)

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

i like DL MD-88s

what?

An interline agreement allows airlines to book their passengers on another airline when poo poo goes wrong. Delta had terminated theirs with American a few years back, but has rethought that and worked out a new one

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
I missed a flight a few weeks ago in ORD and American rebooked be on a United Connection flight the next day and they wanted me to spend the overnight in ORD. I found a different routing on mainline AA that got me back earlier and added a stop where I could spend the night at a friends place. The immediate response on the phone line was that this route wasn’t possible because there’s apparently a hard rule of # of connections need to stay the same? That’s not correct, right?

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Lote posted:

I missed a flight a few weeks ago in ORD and American rebooked be on a United Connection flight the next day and they wanted me to spend the overnight in ORD. I found a different routing on mainline AA that got me back earlier and added a stop where I could spend the night at a friends place. The immediate response on the phone line was that this route wasn’t possible because there’s apparently a hard rule of # of connections need to stay the same? That’s not correct, right?

Exceptions can occur but generally yes American doesn't want to change routings. The exceptions I've experienced all involved weather issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Thomamelas posted:

An interline agreement allows airlines to book their passengers on another airline when poo poo goes wrong. Delta had terminated theirs with American a few years back, but has rethought that and worked out a new one

oh got it, i thought you meant codeshare for a minute and was all eeeeooowha