Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
it was decent for a video game movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The Rock couldn't salvage Doom.

On wrestlers, Goldberg was awesome on grand tour last week.

I liked Doom. :colbert:

I was 16 and wasted off some Captain Morgan I stole from my dad's liquor cabinet and smuggled into the theater, but I liked it.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

BigDave posted:

I liked Doom. :colbert:

I was 16 and wasted off some Captain Morgan I stole from my dad's liquor cabinet and smuggled into the theater, but I liked it.

A duo of the Rock and Karl Urban couldn't save that piece of poo poo movie. Don't try and watch it again when you're a sober adult.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

When it goes to FPS mode

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

When it goes to FPS mode

I actually hated that

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

DOOM movie starring the Rock & pre-Dredd/post Xena Karl Urban was memorable for the first person shooter sequence....and that is it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH61uqfZqxQ
Johnson knows it wasn't good. He kept one of the BFG props and said it was the only good thing to come out of that movie.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

My job is giving me a standing desk for the two days a week that I'm in the office. I hope it's worth the hype.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I hope you enjoy standing

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Standing desks are cool and good. I hurt if I stand or sit for too long so I make pretty good use of mine.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I hope you enjoy standing

I feel worse sitting for eight hours a day even when I try to break it up with coffee and bathroom breaks.

At least when I'm working from home, I go for a run and will do chores around the house throughout the workday when time permits so I don't feel like I sat for the majority of the day.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Handsome Ralph posted:

I feel worse sitting for eight hours a day even when I try to break it up with coffee and bathroom breaks.

At least when I'm working from home, I go for a run and will do chores around the house throughout the workday when time permits so I don't feel like I sat for the majority of the day.

I have one of those sit down / stand up desks and it helps a lot to keep me conscious during those "nappish" parts of the day.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Vasudus posted:

Standing desks are cool and good. I hurt if I stand or sit for too long so I make pretty good use of mine.

This is what’s preventing me from gainful employment to be honest. I just took a bio final and my balls felt like they were in a loving vice grip.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Standing desks suck rear end.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

They seem cool for a few minutes at a time...?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Woof Blitzer posted:

Standing desks suck rear end.

Okay but hear me out on this, what if it is actually good

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

They seem cool for a few minutes at a time...?

It's this

Like I said, mine can be lifted to be a standing desk or lowered to sit like normal so I think it's pretty ace

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Nick Soapdish posted:

Okay but hear me out on this, what if it is actually good

Nah. I used a convertible one for and tried doing the standing thing for a week before I set it to sitting permanently.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Woof Blitzer posted:

Nah. I used a convertible one for and tried doing the standing thing for a week before I set it to sitting permanently.

That's why they're convertible. When you sat long enough during the day, you throw in a period where you stand...poo poo's healthy? :shrug:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Welp, my brother knocked up his wife again.

Last time she miscarried. Not to sound mean, but I'm hoping for an encore.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Something something poison womb?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I have a standing desk and stand all day at work. It's great because otherwise I'd fall asleep.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Duzzy Funlop posted:

That's why they're convertible. When you sat long enough during the day, you throw in a period where you stand...poo poo's healthy? :shrug:

When it becomes uncomfortable you take a walk around the office, duh.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

A standing desk sounds sort of cool, but my hosed up ankle hurts if I don't move around while standing.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I just went to bed, and was about to doze off when I realized I forgot to set my Media player classic to shutdown after playback, so I get up and notice this burnt smell. I assume it's my neighbor lighting up on the balcony again, so I go to close the bathroom window, but I notice the smell is coming from the living room.

Turns out it's my cellphone. The charger has warmed up considerably, and the rubber on the micro-usb port has started to decompose. The phone itself is hot as gently caress around the micro-usb-input as well.

I think I may have just dodged an apartment fire. :stare:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Something something poison womb?

Cursed by stupid is more likely.

His wife is over 40, had three kids before they met (he had one). They have a one year old together, that miscarriage last summer, and now this bundle 10 weeks along.

Over christmas there was talk amongst the family (my mother) of a divorce. My mother doesn't care for his wife. And to be fair, his wife is a goddamn dumbass running them into the poorhouse with credit cards.

So, my 529 for the kids is gonna go from two through college to three maybe going to community college.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoktorLoken posted:

A standing desk sounds sort of cool, but my hosed up ankle hurts if I don't move around while standing.

Have I got the innovation for you, then!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
What if we just made the whole office rotate like the hallway set from inception? More efficient that way.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'd rather the whole office floor move around like in that jamiroquai video

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That would be immediately hooked up to a generator so that desk workers could make the company money by generating power while they work. This would not result in getting paid more, either.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Vasudus posted:

:same:

Mine has a builtin Qi charger

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

:same:

Mine has a builtin Qi charger

What a load of baloney.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Does it have a slide and ball pit as well?

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

If Shimazu ever steps down as IdiotKing of GIP, I nominate ARMYMAN25 as his replacement.

Standing desks get you noticed at work, depending on your work environment that can be really bad.
Just go on constant smoke breaks instead of using standing desks and hate-vape clouds of smoke at everyone mocking the robodick in your mouth.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
armyman25 can only be mod if he agrees to wear the shirt

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

mods change my name posted:

armyman25 can only be mod if he agrees to wear the shirt

And THE CAPE at all times.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I just went to bed, and was about to doze off when I realized I forgot to set my Media player classic to shutdown after playback, so I get up and notice this burnt smell. I assume it's my neighbor lighting up on the balcony again, so I go to close the bathroom window, but I notice the smell is coming from the living room.

Turns out it's my cellphone. The charger has warmed up considerably, and the rubber on the micro-usb port has started to decompose. The phone itself is hot as gently caress around the micro-usb-input as well.

I think I may have just dodged an apartment fire. :stare:

Jesus.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

And THE CAPE at all times.

His avatar must be a picture of him wearing that cape, in some capacity of wind. Looking off to a formal army gala in the distance he desires to attend.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Now that Hags has proven himself to be alive he should be lashed to a pole and made to moderate for the rest of natural life.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Standing desks are still better than people who sit on those big balls instead of chairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

Now that Hags has proven himself to be alive he should be lashed to a pole and made to moderate for the rest of natural life.

What? Where did he resurface at?