Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Is there anywhere people meet to arrange stuff like Boss Mode? I'm one Conquest short of the last season tier.

For what it's worth, I set up a demon hunter specifically to try boss mode, and it's actually pretty fun to solo on a build that's equipped for it like shadow impale. Took me 2 tries because I got greedy and stopped to loot death's breaths, but it's not too bad.

The main downside is that's it's hard going back to another class after you've been abusing vault with UE and Shadow :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007

Poultron posted:

I feel like I already asked this a long time ago in this thread but where in the gently caress do people go to learn the 4 man farming meta bullshit? Seems like everyone just kind of magically understands what the hell is going on. I also have no idea what to link my friend who is just getting into the game because Icy Veins has kind of crummy builds and Diablofans stuff is impossible to sift through.

Usually I just watch some youtube videos, ask people in communities and then join groups and figure it out as I play and get better at it.

The 4 man speed meta is for paragon/loot farming and doing GR 100-110 in like 2-4 minutes. If you join any of the grift communities you will see people asking for Rats. Which is 1 ZDPS Barb, 1 ZDPS Necro and 2 Rathma necros for DPS. It's stupid easy to play (especially the barb) and gets you paragon/loot/gems very fast.

Here is the barb build - Basically your goal is to stack 22 pick up radius + max CDR on all your gear then you run around WWing and spamming all your buffs to make everyone go fast while you pick up all the health globes that the Znecro makes so that the other 2 rat necros get full essence and can spam mages to clear the rift.
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/95143-support-rat-race-zbarb

This is the standard Rat DPS build (or something close to it?)
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/97285-rat-dps-100

And something like this is the ZDPS necro build basically you just want high HP and max CDR so you can spam health globes.
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/94504-ze-necromancer-support-rathma-speed

The other 4 man is for pushing higher rifts and you will see people call it meta. You can see the 4 man leader board for that to get builds for it. If you just want to get into groups then make a Zmonk as that is very easy to play decently and not that hard to gear. Barb is also fairly easy to gear but harder to play well but is really fun IMO.

The group is is made up of
1 ZDPS Heal monk whose job is to follow the rift clearer and keep inner sanc up on them and keep them alive with heals.
1 ZDPs Barb whose job is to pull mobs back to the Monk + Rift clearer so they can get big packs and use area damage to clear lots of density at once.
1 DPS Rift clearer - this is a Starpact Wizard or Firebird Witch doctor right now. Their job is to clear the density in the rift and kill trash to get to the guardian.
1 Rift Guardian Killer (RGK) - This is basically always a Necro (a crusader can do like sub 120 but very few people actually do it). Their main job is to kill the Rift Guardian with their burst combo since Rift Guardians have trillions of health. They also help finish off elites in the rift when they get low.

The basic play style is that you run to a corner or intersection and the monk sets up sanc and the barb goes and pulls everything from 1 direction and the necro goes and pulls everything from another direction and the monk groups it all up right on top of the wiz/wd. Then they AOE kill it all and move on to the next spot and you just repeat that until you get to the Rift Guardian. Hopefully with 2-5 minutes or so left depending on the level. Then the necro stacks stricken and does his combo as many times as needed to kill the boss (hopefully like 1-2x at most unless you are doing really high levels).

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Bust Rodd posted:

The basic idea is you run 3 DPS and one Support guy. With more than one support guy your DPS will be too low to get GR bosses down quickly. Every season the meta just shifts to like whatever the best DPS x 3, At the beginning of this season it was Support Monk & 3 Rathma's Dudes, but i don't know what it is now.

FYI, this isn’t actually true. The speed meta is 2 support and the push is 2 support. Also it has nothing to do with the RG because on the push meta only the RGK is the one doing any damage.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Spacely posted:

Nice Words From a Good Man

This is what I was looking for, Cheers My Dude. If you could link the zMonk that would be dope too but I'll probably find it on my own.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Still no season end date, yeah? This is a long one.

I took advantage of the insane XP from the darkening and rolled a Hardcore Monk, who promptly got owned at level 23 by a bunch of charging assholes behind a door

But then I rolled another Hardcore monk who is now fully decked out in a Inna/Raiment/Shenlong getup courtesy of some excellent rng luck.

Hardcore is the way

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007

Poultron posted:

This is what I was looking for, Cheers My Dude. If you could link the zMonk that would be dope too but I'll probably find it on my own.

This is the basic build. http://www.diablofans.com/builds/95901-130-support-monk-build

The cube weapon is wrong and you want flying dragon for more attack speed. You don't need a hellfire but nice to have, any neck wroks as long as it has the right rolls. The important thing on gearing is to have +Healing to Health Globes rolls on any piece that can roll it as the secondary (Neck/Rings/Shoulders/Boots/Chest) and then CDR/Attack speed on everything where you can get it. You want to shoot for 200K+ health globes in total so that your abilities actually do a good amount of healing.

Here's my zmonk for example https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Spacely-1780/hero/96713406

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Its extremely cool that I can do a GR 98 with my HOTA build in about 11 minutes but then get the worst possible rifts trying to do a 99 30 times in a loving row

How about a half empty cave to wander around in? How about a juggernaut arcane desecrator poison frozen pulse pack to start off with? How about not a single pylon until 3/4 of the way through the level?

Thorg
Jan 1, 2007
Thorg hungry! Thorg want eat!
The NA Challenge Rift Raekor's Barb might possibly be the worst geared character we've seen yet. Missing sockets, missing gems in sockets, several items with Int rolls, no rerolls on gear, using legendaries with effects for skills he doesn't have equipped, etc. It was surprisingly easy though. I have very little experience with Raekor's because I'm not a fan of the playstyle but I was still able to beat it in under 5 minutes first try.

Thorg fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jan 23, 2018

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm doing something wrong because I can't even kill one of the elites, lol. I played a whole season of barbarian once upon a time, what the hell happened

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Charge into or through either 1 or 5+ enemies (lmbo if you hit between 2 and 4) to build up raekor stacks, then hit things with your hammer. You don't event need any of the other skills the build has equipped.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Oops, I totally forgot about the multiple stacks thing. I thought it was alternate between a charge and a hammer.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Having low damage is actually helpful so you don't kill off everything with your charges.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Hardcore mode continues to Own. Now that I've got a couple hundred paragon points, a leveled gem of ease, and all the Kanai cube powers in the world, I fear no death

I actually fear death tremendously and almost got RIP'd many times today

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Hardcore mode continues to Own. Now that I've got a couple hundred paragon points, a leveled gem of ease, and all the Kanai cube powers in the world, I fear no death

I actually fear death tremendously and almost got RIP'd many times today

I knew I shouldn't say it, and it said it! Fuuuuuck, lol

RIP in peace, Rodwegg the Monk

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

whyIdontplayhc.txt

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Larrymer posted:

whyIdontplayhc.txt

It's insanely awesome. I rolled Rodwegg the II, got to 70 in like 25 minutes, and now I'm an Uliana Monk unlike my Raiment predecessor.

HARDCORE

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Losing a character permanently to me being a dumbass I could deal with. Getting a random lag spike and dying would just piss me off to no end.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Do you get Haedrig's gifts for each HC seasonal character? Or just the first one?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

plainswalker75 posted:

Do you get Haedrig's gifts for each HC seasonal character? Or just the first one?

You get one Haedrig gift set per account per season, period. You can't, for example, get one in Hardcore and one in Softcore.

Field Mousepad posted:

Losing a character permanently to me being a dumbass I could deal with. Getting a random lag spike and dying would just piss me off to no end.

The big key to Hardcore is that Dying =/= Throw your controller at the wall and scream at mom. Dying is the price you pay for the constant thrill. You also play very safely until you've got a healthy stash full of Gem of Ease, spare legendaries, etc., so that if you croak, you're reborn with some fun new stuff to try out vs doing the entire naked grind to 70.

Honestly dying gives you one of the most fun parts of Seasonal play (rapidly getting more powerful).

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
One Haedrig's per region per account, is how it is if I recall correctly.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Dameius posted:

One Haedrig's per region per account, is how it is if I recall correctly.

It's this. At this point I think it's a big mistake and it should be 1 per class per account. Would encourage a lot more experimentation.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Forgot I recorded it

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Forgot I recorded it

Did you spitefully cream your jorts at the exact moment?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Did you spitefully cream your jorts at the exact moment?

Jorts are OUT, old man

It's all about Doggers now

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-jo...tZS1CMf.QRTdKcg

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Forgot I recorded it

At least you died to a Rift boss, not to some random trash on GR90. Because you forgot to turn on Magic Weapon and Storm Armour. :suicide:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Playing Hardcore makes you better at Diablo 3. If you haven't gotten a HC through GR70, you don't really understand "survivability".

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Bust Rodd posted:

Playing Hardcore makes you better at Diablo 3. If you haven't gotten a HC through GR70, you don't really understand "survivability".

Survivability the dump stat to go for if I want 1 extra gem upgrade from Urshi, right!???

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Forgot I recorded it

What are you using to change your UI?

Spacely fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 24, 2018

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Spacely posted:

What are you using to change your UI?

One of these bad boys

Cool fact - Nephelam orbs give console players 20 seconds of Double Damage. This is the only balancing different between PC and Console, and it worked well enough that the GR Leaderboards tend to be within ~2 levels of each other.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

An Xbox it looks like.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Diablo 3 is a legit better game on console, belie dat

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
cant numlock trick on consoles, Check and Mate

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

Legs Benedict posted:

Finally a use for that third party MadCatz™ controller with Turbo. :v:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i'm up to a 6 million reroll cost on my main weapon and still no socket

and yes i checked that a socket is a possible reroll

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Lol you're gonna get a Ramaldini the second you finally roll a socket

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://i-sight.com/solutions/human-resources/

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Legs Benedict posted:

Just press a button every few seconds drat.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Field Mousepad posted:

Just press a button every few seconds drat.

nah im good

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Lol you're gonna get a Ramaldini the second you finally roll a socket

so should i be running NRs or GRs because I ain't going higher than 72 without an emerald in my main weapon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

boar guy posted:

so should i be running NRs or GRs because I ain't going higher than 72 without an emerald in my main weapon

4man torment 13 rifts have a pretty insane legendary drop rate, if you do any multi-player. Otherwise I think 60+ grifts have the highest legendary per minute drop rate.