Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Comfortador posted:

I'd ask you why you even keep posting about them, but being a Lions fan I already know the answer. :tipshat:

As i’ve said time and time again, it is a sickness.

Please send help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Gonz posted:

As i’ve said time and time again, it is a sickness.

Please send help.

I think I'm heading to Detroit over Thanksgiving again because I like to fly 8 hours from the wrong side of the Atlantic to watch this terrible team I've supported since 1989 lose miserably

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Go Lions!

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I think I'm heading to Detroit over Thanksgiving again because I like to fly 8 hours from the wrong side of the Atlantic to watch this terrible team I've supported since 1989 lose miserably

Got you beat, I traveled 22 hours to watch the Packers get shithoused at home by the elite Joe Flacco and the Ravens.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I traveled 8 hours this year to watch the Packers beat the Browns.

:feelsgood:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Pops Mgee posted:

I traveled 8 hours this year to watch the Packers beat the Browns.

:feelsgood:

You were the guy asking about tailgating rules right?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Abugadu posted:

Got you beat, I traveled 22 hours to watch the Packers get shithoused at home by the elite Joe Flacco and the Ravens.

I have seen the Lions twice in Detroit, but not once in the two games they've played in London, both of which were absolute shithouse games. I think they won against Atlanta on a retaken field goal, and then get absolutely stomped by Buffalo the next year

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I have seen the Lions twice in Detroit, but not once in the two games they've played in London, both of which were absolute shithouse games. I think they won against Atlanta on a retaken field goal, and then get absolutely stomped by Buffalo the next year

The Falcons game is one of the funniest games ever and the stomping was to Kansas City, which got Lombardi fired

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's incredibly Lombardi lasted as long as he did, in retrospect.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Abugadu posted:

I was at the first post-Rodgers game in the pouring loving rain that happened to be at the tail end of not only a 5 day tech conference but also a 4 day wedding trip. I had 30 hours of travel time to think about the Rodgers injury and had just spent over a grand because the trip to Green Bay was my vacation this year lol

Plus side: Had Culvers and an assload of Lakefront and Central Waters

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

VJeff posted:

It's incredibly Lombardi lasted as long as he did, in retrospect.

Jim Bob Cooter could have won them a Super Bowl in 2014.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Joe Lombardi is a trashcan man.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I have to wonder how much Joe Lombardi's being awful contributed to Megatron retiring early.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Flikken posted:

You were the guy asking about tailgating rules right?

Yup. Muni lot was a good time.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I've been watching the Diggs catch in the Saints game to ease my pain.

A glimmer of happiness

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
Maaaaaan, you are one pathetic loser

Edit - no offense

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

SD87 posted:

Edit - no offense

Now that's just rubbing it in.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

SD87 posted:

Edit - no offense

lol

well played

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Pops Mgee posted:

Yup. Muni lot was a good time.

Glad you had a good times anyone give you poo poo for the Packers gear?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SD87 posted:

Edit - no offense

We're still talking about Joe Lombardi?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

VJeff posted:

We're still talking about Joe Lombardi?

God he was so loving terrible.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

I am really really glad I didn't go to the Atlanta game in person because I nearly had a heart attack as it was just watching it at home

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Shangri-Law School posted:

Jim Bob Cooter could have won them a Super Bowl in 2014.

That 2014 squad was probably the best Lions teams (talent-wise) I have seen in my lifetime and it was super-disappointing to see them lose that WC game to Dallas. I don't think they'll be that good on paper again for a while.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Flikken posted:

Glad you had a good times anyone give you poo poo for the Packers gear?

Nothing beyond friendly ribbing. There were a ton of Packer fans in the lot though too.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

MikeCrotch posted:

I am really really glad I didn't go to the Atlanta game in person because I nearly had a heart attack as it was just watching it at home

It's a microcosm of being a Lions fan: crushing disappointment, followed by giddy euphoria before the long letdown that is knowing it won't mean anything in the long run

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Abugadu posted:

Oh god I forgot you flew all the way in from Guam to watch that poo poo show. Goondolences, sir.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

C-Euro posted:

That 2014 squad was probably the best Lions teams (talent-wise) I have seen in my lifetime and it was super-disappointing to see them lose that WC game to Dallas. I don't think they'll be that good on paper again for a while.

God, I miss Suh. He was the anchor of that defense, and once he left everything completely fell apart.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

God, I miss Suh. He was the anchor of that defense, and once he left everything completely fell apart.

I don't miss seeing Suh stomp and kick and punch people however.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

sweet geek swag posted:

I don't miss seeing Suh stomp and kick and punch people however.

Actually, that was pretty cool.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I was promised that Suh would change his stomping target to Tom Brady after moving to Miami, and I feel like I'm owed an apology for the lack of results.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

A friend of mine lives right outside of NOLA and saw Joe Lombardi in the wild today. He sent me this photo. Lookin’ good, Joe!

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Any cool free agents this year or what?

I'm excited for a off season without Ted Thompson. Packers are gonna sign someone cool, I know it.

And he will end up on IR by week 4

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Fenrir posted:

Oh god I forgot you flew all the way in from Guam to watch that poo poo show. Goondolences, sir.

I did get to spend Thanksgiving with my family as well, it wasn't all for the Lambeau trip ;)

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Malaria posted:

Any cool free agents this year or what?

I'm excited for a off season without Ted Thompson. Packers are gonna sign someone cool, I know it.

And he will end up on IR by week 4

of the preseason

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Abugadu posted:

I did get to spend Thanksgiving with my family as well, it wasn't all for the Lambeau trip ;)

What's living in Guam like? Are you in the military?

No NFC North related I know. But it's the off season(for us) so whatever.

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

of the preseason

I know, I know. :(

Did they fire the Strength and Conditioning dude or what?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
no matter which choice the vikings make at quarterback it will be the wrong one

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Malaria posted:

What's living in Guam like? Are you in the military?

No NFC North related I know. But it's the off season(for us) so whatever.

I know, I know. :(

Did they fire the Strength and Conditioning dude or what?

Not in the military, I've been working as an attorney, mostly for the local government though I did do a couple years of private practice.

Guam is pretty awesome, although you kind of have to be an outdoor person to love it. It's not big, 225 sq miles, but a lot of it is undeveloped, especially in the hilly south where there's lots of waterfalls and mountains and such to go play around in. No predators, very few sharks (I think our only 'shark attack' was some dude carrying one on his back towards shore when it revived), and it's not overcrowded. We have some nice beaches in the tourist areas, and some hidden ones. The tourists are pretty chill, mostly Japanese/Koreans, occasionally Chinese/Russian. English is the main language, there's a ton of restaurants and such due to the tourism/military presence, we can get about 95% of stuff you can get in the states with minimal difficulty or extra cost. We're a 3-hr flight from Japan, Philippines or Hong Kong, so traveling in Asia is easy. We're also close to major diving destinations like Chuuk or Palau. The weather is pretty much 80's year round, with humidity and rain during July-Dec., and nice breezes from Jan-Jun. We are in a typhoon alley, though, and get hit about every 8 years. Our last direct hit was 2002, so we're 'due'. But most of the buildings here are built to withstand typhoons and earthquakes, and the infrastructure is not that bad.

The ocean is bathwater warm, you can walk right in and chill all day with a cooler of beer or whatever. We get fast internet as we're a junction point between Asia and North America. Gas/groceries are pricey, but you're not driving far. Public transportation is lovely at the moment, but slowly improving. Crime is fairly low, mostly property crimes like burglaries and drug crimes like meth. Heroin hasn't hit out here yet. Weed is decriminalized and fairly abundant, medical is legalized but not in place, and full legalization will depend on the upcoming governor's election this year. Living prices are bifurcated - the military presence means that nicer apartments will go for $2200/month minimum, but other places will usually go for $800-$1400 for a two bedroom.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

This is the view from my office. I live in a house on the hill that's at the far left of the image. I drive about 14 min. to work.

I used to live directly behind the mall in the center of the picture, I could walk to work if necessary then. One big downside here is lack of bike lanes, riding a bike on the main highways will end up poorly.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
drat, man... that poo poo looks nice. Don't suppose anyone's looking for a 100+ wpm typist with 10+ years of admin/database experience, also with enough time in warehousing that I can throw 90 pound boxes onto racks above my head?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Probably. There's going to be an uptick in jobs, as 7-8k Marines from Okinawa are supposed to be moving here soon, so there's a large buildup going on.

Caveat - not a great place to raise kids unless you're well off, the public schools are subpar, and babysitting can be hard to find if you're new to the island. It's more like a Neverland for adults.

• Locked thread