Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Have you ever considered that maybe your new fashion aesthetic ought to be bowling alley carpet?

edit: pair that with some holographic bell bottom leggings and you're ready for a night on the town

Killingyouguy! fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Killingyouguy! posted:

edit: pair that with some holographic bell bottom leggings and you're ready for a night on the town

this store is amazing

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I put in my second order, a fairly big one this time with a handful of fun things. I was really disappointed that the thing I wanted most, an adorable stuffed chick with bunny ears, was no longer available--and the seller only told me this once I'd ordered it. :(

I wish to God I could put this in my house:

Scary Horrific Zombie Man with bloody Hands Shower Curtain Waterproof Bathroom Shower Curtains Shower 71"x71" Hot

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I got that shower curtain as a present and it’s a little unsettling until you get used to it. It’s worth it for guests.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Shinmera posted:

And a laser distance meter. Advertised to be accurate down to ±1.5mm.

Arrived today already, thanks AE! I can confirm that it works remarkably well too. Definitely recommend the 50m variant if you ever need to measure out furniture or stuff in your workshop.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Shinmera posted:

Arrived today already, thanks AE! I can confirm that it works remarkably well too. Definitely recommend the 50m variant if you ever need to measure out furniture or stuff in your workshop.

Is the accuracy correct?

<2mm is pretty good.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

I've compared it against one and two metres and it seemed perfectly spot on. Can't really measure how it behaves at the 50m limit right now, but I'd expect it to stick to its precision even then.

antisodachrist
Jul 24, 2007

Hirayuki posted:

I put in my second order, a fairly big one this time with a handful of fun things. I was really disappointed that the thing I wanted most, an adorable stuffed chick with bunny ears, was no longer available--and the seller only told me this once I'd ordered it. :(

I wish to God I could put this in my house:

Scary Horrific Zombie Man with bloody Hands Shower Curtain Waterproof Bathroom Shower Curtains Shower 71"x71" Hot

I sent that link to my parents as a joke for use in their guest bathroom. My mom is now ordering two so I can have one too.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
I'd get one, but bathtub showers are super uncommon in Australia. We tend to have glass shower stalls with doors and a separate bath

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

norp posted:

I'd get one, but bathtub showers are super uncommon in Australia. We tend to have glass shower stalls with doors and a separate bath

It's due to the coriolis effect

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

norp posted:

Hang it up in a window instead.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Shinmera posted:

I've compared it against one and two metres and it seemed perfectly spot on. Can't really measure how it behaves at the 50m limit right now, but I'd expect it to stick to its precision even then.

Thanks for the review.

I almost bought an ultrasonic one from the local supermarket for 20% less until I read an online review saying it was hilariously inaccurate.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Ordered a pack of these. Hopefully it'll make a nice toy to fiddle around with on my desk when I'm bored. I remember really wanting this back when I was a kid, but even a small pack of like 20 pieces cost a ton at local stores.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Shinmera posted:

I doubt my cat is going to appreciate this, but I couldn't resist.

The cat did indeed not appreciate it, but it was wonderful anyway.

https://twitter.com/chrenfah/status/954420943400693761

Shinmera posted:

These are going to make a nice little gift for my mom.

Arrived a couple of days ago. They're spoons, as one would expect. The cat paws allowing you to hang it off of the glass rim is actually a really nice feature.

Shinmera posted:

I've been looking for a simplistic digital watch, and this seems to fit the bill. I'll let you know if it's any good once I receive it.

Alright, so it finally arrived today. It's quite large, though I already knew that from the measurements. I wish they had had a smaller variant, but unfortunately not. It looks pretty stylish and works great outside, but inside the house, with a bit less light, the contrast can suffer. There is a backlight functionality as well, but I still wish it were a bit more legible out of the box. The band is just made out of rubber, but it fits alright so far.

For barely 10$ I really can't complain, though.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I have a Casio F-91W you can get it for around $10 everywhere in the world (beware of fakes tho) and they literally live forever. (or until the strap disintegrates, at which point you can use a NATO strap you also get cheap on aliexpress) My excuse wearing a watch that used to be worn by children in the 90s is that it's "retro". But really, it's just a pretty solid watch, displays the time has an alarm function and a stopwatch and it's also pretty resistant to water - if you don't care about appearances it's good. It's also really light and small and you kinda don't notice it's there anymore after a while and the way it's designed you also don't tangle up with poo poo if you work with machinery. Also nobody's gonna rob you for it either.

I bought some dremel sets, the polishing pads were decent, especially for their low price but the ones with the miniature saw blades arrived rusty. :v: I'd also maybe not trust them not to disintegrate at a high RPM. Wear safety googles!

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
Skincare goons, I have a new recommendation for you!

Have you heard of the supposedly holy grail product Foreo Luna 2? Do you also think $200 for a face vibrator is laughably expensive?

Good news, Aliexpress sells a knock-off for $13!

I've been using it for a few weeks and I can confirm that it makes your face squeaky-clean, I haven't used the Foreo but people in the comments who have say there is literally no difference.

p.s. I removed the 'nl' part of the link to hopefully prevent spreading The Dutch Curse, you're welcome.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
I also ordered some of those magnetic phone-chargers, one of which only works with the micro-usb attachment and the other one has the WORLD'S BRIGHTEST LED right at the top which lights up the room when you use it at night. Also, this spiky 'self-defence' ring that is way too big to even fit on my thumb. 1 out of 4 isn't a bad score tho.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

InvisibleMonkey posted:

it makes your face squeaky-clean

And here I've just been using soap to achieve that.

e: Ahahaha I'm the self-defense cock ring, obviously.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Jerry Cotton posted:

And here I've just been using soap to achieve that.

e: Ahahaha I'm the self-defense cock ring, obviously.

You shouldn't use soap on your face, you degenerate!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

InvisibleMonkey posted:

You shouldn't use soap on your face, you degenerate!

Why the heck not?

(Actually I usually use shampoo because it gets on most of my face anyway.)

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Why the heck not?

(Actually I usually use shampoo because it gets on most of my face anyway.)

jesus christ

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Don't worry it's tar shampoo.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Police Automaton posted:

I have a Casio F-91W you can get it for around $10 everywhere in the world (beware of fakes tho) and they literally live forever. (or until the strap disintegrates, at which point you can use a NATO strap you also get cheap on aliexpress) My excuse wearing a watch that used to be worn by children in the 90s is that it's "retro". But really, it's just a pretty solid watch, displays the time has an alarm function and a stopwatch and it's also pretty resistant to water - if you don't care about appearances it's good. It's also really light and small and you kinda don't notice it's there anymore after a while and the way it's designed you also don't tangle up with poo poo if you work with machinery. Also nobody's gonna rob you for it either.

The watch I had before this was a Casio. Casio are great if you don't care too much about the look of it, especially the ones with a 10 year battery (it really does last a decade). However, I was looking for something a bit more stylish, so this new one fit the bill quite nicely.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Puts him head and shoulders above other goons.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

InvisibleMonkey posted:

Have you heard of the supposedly holy grail product Foreo Luna 2? Do you also think $200 for a face vibrator is laughably expensive?

I've been using it for a few weeks and I can confirm that it makes your face squeaky-clean, I haven't used the Foreo but people in the comments who have say there is literally no difference.

p.s. I removed the 'nl' part of the link to hopefully prevent spreading The Dutch Curse, you're welcome.

What type of oil gel do you use with it?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Shinmera posted:

The watch I had before this was a Casio. Casio are great if you don't care too much about the look of it, especially the ones with a 10 year battery (it really does last a decade). However, I was looking for something a bit more stylish, so this new one fit the bill quite nicely.

They actually make the F-91W for adults, the A158W:

There's even a pretty spiffy golden version too.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

No digital watch is for adults imo

RocketSurgeon
Mar 2, 2008

InvisibleMonkey posted:

I also ordered some of those magnetic phone-chargers, one of which only works with the micro-usb attachment and the other one has the WORLD'S BRIGHTEST LED right at the top which lights up the room when you use it at night. Also, this spiky 'self-defence' ring that is way too big to even fit on my thumb. 1 out of 4 isn't a bad score tho.

The phone charging cables are great in theory but the magnetic end will collect metal particles so the connector wont connect properly after a while.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'd like to see a celebrity flipping off the paparazzi with these censoring sunglasses:

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Over There posted:

What type of oil gel do you use with it?

I don't think you're supposed to use oil-based cleansers because it can degrade silicone. I still have a big thing of La Roche Posay's effaclar foaming gel so I've just been using that and it's fine.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

RocketSurgeon posted:

The phone charging cables are great in theory but the magnetic end will collect metal particles so the connector wont connect properly after a while.

I also realised for it to be truly game-changing I'd have to replace all my charging cables and ugh, effort. the micro-usb one fits in the waterproof charging port of my bluetooth speaker though, which is super handy.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

InvisibleMonkey posted:

I don't think you're supposed to use oil-based cleansers because it can degrade silicone. I still have a big thing of La Roche Posay's effaclar foaming gel so I've just been using that and it's fine.

Oil degrades rubber and latex, but not silicone. Some people say you shouldn't use oil based lube even with silicone toys because having oily residue up in your guts can promote the growth of things that don't belong there. Especially the vagina, where the built in self-cleaning function isn't up to dealing with oil, so traces of oily residue can hang around for days or weeks. But on your face there is no problem. Your face likes being a bit oily.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I got three knockoff F91Ws from AE and they’re hilariously lovely, like “off by an hour and a half in a couple weeks” lovely

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Oil degrades rubber and latex, but not silicone. Some people say you shouldn't use oil based lube even with silicone toys because having oily residue up in your guts can promote the growth of things that don't belong there. Especially the vagina, where the built in self-cleaning function isn't up to dealing with oil, so traces of oily residue can hang around for days or weeks. But on your face there is no problem. Your face likes being a bit oily.

You're right, I was totally thinking of condoms and sex-toys! I did try an oil cleanser once but a gentle gel cleanser works better for my skin and it's easier to use in the shower, that face-brush is waterproof too so that's nice.

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

theflyingexecutive posted:

I got three knockoff F91Ws from AE and they’re hilariously lovely, like “off by an hour and a half in a couple weeks” lovely

You can spot most fakes by holding down the bottom right button around 3 secs. The genuine ones will say "CASIO" on the display.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
iirc, F91W's used to be the IED maker's timer of choice.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

goatface posted:

iirc, F91W's used to be the IED maker's timer of choice.

Owning one could literally get you sent to Guantanamo Bay.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/apr/25/guantanamo-files-casio-wristwatch-alqaida

quote:

It is cheap, basic and widely available around the world. Yet the Casio F-91W digital watch was declared to be "the sign of al-Qaida" and a contributing factor to continued detention of prisoners by the analysts stationed at Guantánamo Bay.

Briefing documents used to train staff in assessing the threat level of new detainees advise that possession of the F-91W – available online for as little as £4 – suggests the wearer has been trained in bomb making by al-Qaida in Afghanistan.

The report states: "The Casio was known to be given to the students at al-Qaida bomb-making training courses in Afghanistan at which the students received instruction in the preparation of timing devices using the watch.

"Approximately one-third of the JTF-GTMO detainees that were captured with these models of watches have known connections to explosives, either having attended explosives training, having association with a facility where IEDs were made or where explosives training was given, or having association with a person identified as an explosives expert."

More than 50 detainee reports refer to the Casio timepieces. The records of 32 detainees refer to the black Casio F-91W, while a further 20 make reference to the silver version, the A-159W.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Yeah but that was the era of yellowcake, duct tape and million dollar bomb detectors made out of 90s golf ball dowsers, so was any of that even real or substantiated besides some photos of watches glued to breadboards

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

InvisibleMonkey posted:

gently caress yeah, thanks for the tip, I've been eyeing expensive face tools for ages and holding off on local knockoffs cause I know they're not gonna hold up.

e: fauxreo shipped already, seller on the ball

neongrey fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jan 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
If you have even a fleeting grasp of EE you can make a detonator out of almost anything, that combined with how widespread that watch is make that whole thing look for me just like a blanket reason you can put someone away for you don't like for some reason.