Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Anthem delayed til march 2018. Lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
shocker

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

CheeseFactory posted:

I was confused because I didn't realize Anthem was suppose to release anytime soon and realized you probably meant 2019. March 2019 is still within the 2018 Fiscal year I think? So I guess that makes sense.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

TWAB: Bungie drinks deep from a colostomy bag full of the issues with D2 and owns up to their failings.

Lol, j/k, they're really listening. Don't worry guardians in d3 we plan to have a streamlined database and will be able to balance pvp and pve separately and quickly.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Wazzit posted:

I was confused because I didn't realize Anthem was suppose to release anytime soon and realized you probably meant 2019. March 2019 is still within the 2018 Fiscal year I think? So I guess that makes sense.

Yes 2019. I am retarded.

Was hoping it would fill the void in my soul.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

FishBulb posted:

The biggest mistake they ever made obviously was making a Destiny 2 in the first place

I'm pretty sure the only way of saving the franchise is to port the red war and CoO content into destiny 1, arkham knight D2, and go back to developing for D1.

If the engine is really that bad then work on a new one and don't loving release it until it's ready.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I hope Osiris comes back in the next dlc and shows that he's actually the biggest baddest Motherfucker in the forest

Lol, nah. They're going to make Rasputin turn out to be big blue or some other dumb poo poo

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Rasputin is going to make quirky one liners and have some kind of romance story line with failsafe and it's going to be really dog poo poo.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

PathAsc posted:

I hope Osiris comes back in the next dlc and shows that he's actually the biggest baddest Motherfucker in the forest

Lol, nah. They're going to make Rasputin turn out to be big blue or some other dumb poo poo

Osiris: Clovis Bray II :q:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CheeseFactory posted:

Rasputin is going to make quirky one liners and have some kind of romance story line with failsafe and it's going to be really dog poo poo.

Well, he was Russia's greatest love machine

Smoove
Aug 13, 2012

...and goes down easy

cvnvcnv posted:

Oof! Good luck with all that, buddy. Hopefully the game and the thread are good company for ya.

I appreciate it, never expected to be laid up like this so(kinda) young. But it is what it is. Sent a few friend requests to the last 4-5 on the list and will continue once I get some more free time. Figure I’ll try out my first strikes with some pubbies to refresh myself while I’m still gear OP.

The more I look at Monster Hunter the more I wanna pick it up.

OT: anyone have any sci-if RPGs they love, new or old, they recommmend? Debating reactivating my SWTOR or WoW account.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Smoove posted:

I appreciate it, never expected to be laid up like this so(kinda) young. But it is what it is. Sent a few friend requests to the last 4-5 on the list and will continue once I get some more free time. Figure I’ll try out my first strikes with some pubbies to refresh myself while I’m still gear OP.

OT: anyone have any sci-if RPGs they love, new or old, they recommmend? Debating reactivating my SWTOR or WoW account.

Get Monhun

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Im bummed all these fun games (player unknown, that cartoon pirate thing) are coming out for xbone and pc while I'm stuck on my ps4. I got titanfall 2, bf1, and zero dawn, which were all placeholders for me until D2 came out, and now welp.

Guess I'll just DIE or get the Division.

Or go outside,

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

pube is coming to PS4 eventually it's just a timed exclusive to xbox

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Smoove posted:

OT: anyone have any sci-if RPGs they love, new or old

Prey (Both the new one but the OG one is hella good IMO)
The Surge
Dead Space 1-2
Mass Effect 1-2
Deus Ex (All of them)
Bioshock 1-2
KotOR 1-2
Metroid Prime 1-2
Starcraft//Brood War Single player campaigns
Fallout 1-3 (3 is very different from 1-2)
loving Turok, the Motherfucking Dinosaur Hunter

Edit:
Star Ocean
Phantasy Star Online are probably more what you’re looking for

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jan 25, 2018

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

The 5th and 10th chapters (where that unkillable thing shows up) of the first Dead Space were scary as gently caress, loved that game

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

How! posted:

Im bummed all these fun games (player unknown, that cartoon pirate thing) are coming out for xbone and pc while I'm stuck on my ps4. I got titanfall 2, bf1, and zero dawn, which were all placeholders for me until D2 came out, and now welp.

Guess I'll just DIE or get the Division.

Or go outside,

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

PathAsc posted:

TWAB: Bungie drinks deep from a colostomy bag full of the issues with D2 and owns up to their failings.

Lol, j/k, they're really listening. Don't worry guardians in d3 we plan to have a streamlined database and will be able to balance pvp and pve separately and quickly.

The dumb thing is they already partly do this. There's things they can adjust to give the community exactly what they keep asking for.

They've had exotics and weapons that give super/grenade/melee energy for damage since week 1 of d1 and they have it in their power to effect pve only.

They could keep pve full of ability spam and fun and pvp free from ability spam with some really simple poo poo they already know how to do and have done.

I'm glad Activision is concerned. It's not going to be hard to do a morbidity conference on this dead game.

What went wrong?

Well there's 5 million posts on our forums about micro transactions, everything being vanilla, the end game having absolutely no proper carrot/stick drive, 4v4 and training wheel type adjustments to everything people loved about d1 movement.

I wouldn't expect some d1 port but I do half expect a delayed major expansion to fix a whole host of poo poo while they patch what they can till then.

Their road map might be one thing but I think there's a few directors and team leaders with major bubble guts updating their resumes atm.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
i mean if they can loving fix d1 and massive can loving fix The loving Division of all things, this game can be fixed

the real issue is whether people will stick around while they do, which is kinda required to get the network effects going when the game is worth playing in the future.

Both D1 and The Division had a intriguing endgames, where people who saw a diamond in the rough could at least stay involved while things got better. These people could then pull back their lapsed friends and help spread word of mouth

D2 has nothing here, there's no reason to stick around in the interim. It's a poo poo game with no endgame, as opposed to a poo poo game with an endgame

good luck dudes

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

somebody tell me the good guns again so i can share the rest pls

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

DrNutt posted:

Although the downside to going on ships and sparrows it that it makes it that much more obvious that there are only like four ships and sparrows in the game and all the variations are just lame pallette swaps except for the exotics which add a couple greebly bits.

Or it's The Bandwagon and it has no greebly bits and is instead the size of a loving bus.

My Titan drives mine.

Edit: and I love the poo poo out of it, if it wasn't clear. My Warlock drives Ego and Squid or something with Stolen Light so he can be a turntable-scratching cum angel.

Mile'ionaha fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jan 25, 2018

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

CheeseFactory posted:

It's sad reading that people working on the game are fearing for the future and their jobs if it isn't a huge success. Apparently Bioware is next on EA's chopping block and they're focusing all their resources on getting it done on time but following the reactions to Destiny 2 and Battlefront 2 and EA likely pressuring them to incorporate lootboxes somehow it must really suck to be a Bioware dev right now.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

It's interesting how the dark cloud of Lootbox doesn't seem to hang over the Overwatch community at all from what I see. Too many people must be sunk-cost for it to register.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Would be great if no one bought them. But nope

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Just popping in to say lmao at the technical challenges. If it's so fuckin hard to do it in the game then add in the remove feature to the public API so some third party inventory app can put it in their app next week

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Waffle House posted:

It's interesting how the dark cloud of Lootbox doesn't seem to hang over the Overwatch community at all from what I see. Too many people must be sunk-cost for it to register.

I think it's a combination of the lootboxes being purely cosmetic, the game having plenty of content to keep players happy and also receiving free regular updates with new heroes and maps. If Bungie adopted the same business tactic then CoO would have been a free update for everyone.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

SUNKOS posted:

I think it's a combination of the lootboxes being purely cosmetic, the game having plenty of content to keep players happy and also receiving free regular updates with new heroes and maps. If Bungie adopted the same business tactic then CoO would have been a free update for everyone.

It's weird how obsessive people get about the skins. Some of these same people have, it looks like, taken gross exception on principle to the very same thing in Destiny, as well. Just blows my mind. Must be a great game lol

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I think part of the reason Overwatch gets a pass is it almost functions more like a fighting game than anything else, so you're not really loot hunting as part of the core gameplay loop. Plus you get a fuckton of lootboxes just from playing, and you get enough Blizzbucks from that to outright buy something you want pretty regularly. Lootboxes are still a plague, but Overwatch is mild allergies compared to Destiny 2's leprosy. They also use lootbox sales to release cool poo poo for free instead of D2's propensity for selling full cost expansions whose primary content is a just a license that allows you to buy the newest lootboxes.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

SUNKOS posted:

Which is hilarious to me because the Tess stuff is also cosmetic, and there's comparatively a hell of a lot more content in 60 dollars of Destiny than 60 dollars of Overwatch. But Overwatch isn't doing paid DLC AFAIK.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

SlimGoodbody posted:

I think part of the reason Overwatch gets a pass is it almost functions more like a fighting game than anything else, so you're not really loot hunting as part of the core gameplay loop. Plus you get a fuckton of lootboxes just from playing, and you get enough Blizzbucks from that to outright buy something you want pretty regularly. Lootboxes are still a plague, but Overwatch is mild allergies compared to Destiny 2's leprosy. They also use lootbox sales to release cool poo poo for free instead of D2's propensity for selling full cost expansions whose primary content is a just a license that allows you to buy the newest lootboxes.

This post is so full of poo poo that it stinks.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

SlimGoodbody posted:

Maybe I just don't like League of Legends idk

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Waffle House posted:

Maybe I just don't like League of Legends idk

Yeah, I quit playing like a year ago cause it stopped being interesting for basically that reason.

DrNutt posted:

Lol suck my dick, fuckman

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

why do they gave you so much inventory space for CONSUMABLES of which there are like 2

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Overwatch is more focused the D2, it's all about the PvP arena combat, which has a variety of playstyles, so it fits in it's niche, does it in a way that most people can find a way to fit in, and does it well.

D2 tries to do everything, with very little variety. So instead of focusing on making one aspect work, they flounder across a few. Plus, the guardians all play basically the same now, but every minute they can throw out an ineffective light show and another fancier actually effective light show at 5 minutes.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The difference is that you aren’t funneled towards spending money in Overwatch. All Destiny does is ask you for more money

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The premise of Overwatch is “you pick from a variety of premise heros and do team battles”

The premise of destiny is “become legend by acquiring stuff”

Now both charge for stuff from lootboxes. Weird how one seems worse and is worse.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Oh.

Clovis Grove.

In the middle, maybe, of the Clovis Bray-maybe arcology.

:v:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

DrNutt posted:

I mean it could just be tf2: Blizzard edition, isn't your cup of tea.
I don't play much overwatch, but yeah it's far less stingy with the loot boxes, and I can't think of too many features that seem clearly neglected or gimped to make buying lootboxes more attractive. It's perfectly okay to say "gently caress AAA games also having a cash shop after charging full price" but Overwatch wasn't a full priced game, it was only 40 bucks which I think was a fair price considering the stream of free content.
Or did it cost more at launch for consoles? That's pretty silly expectations for an arena teambased FPS that shipped with no functioning bots/singleplayer. I could totally see the cinematics and advertising selling it though, hell for PC I know at least 2 people that absolutely hated the genre of game who bought it just based on the cinematics. Shockingly, they weren't fans.

Smoove posted:

If you're looking for PVE try warframe, I think the amazon prime/twitch free goodies may be gone, but it's a small indie dev that does almost everything except gunplay better than d2.
It's not perfect and really the best advice is to get someone to help you past the tutorial sections ASAP since otherwise it takes like 4-5 hours to actually get to the fun stuff. It's a fun mindless grinder, like playing a musuo/warriors game only you're a space ninja wizard.
Even the zany bugs are more hilarious, like a sound and music based character/class had a bug where it would do less damage if you muted or adjusted in game volume.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

SlimGoodbody posted:

They also use lootbox sales to release cool poo poo for free instead of D2's propensity for selling full cost expansions whose primary content is a just a license that allows you to buy the newest lootboxes.

After Curse of Osiris, this is the yard-long rod of rebar through the coffin for me. Having to spend money just to stay in the loop is honestly insulting considering how little content the DLC had versus it's cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

If that's the pad that we get picked up by the PelicanHawk in this image...

:thunk: