Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm going out on a limb here, but the 90's might have been the edgiest decade of all time.

That's what the decade was going for but it mostly did it in the awkward way that a 15 year old outcast with lovely parents does it. Depending on the day it was amusing and endearing in an awkward way, facepalm inspiring stupidity, or an unintentional parody of itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm going out on a limb here, but the 90's might have been the edgiest decade of all time.

Would you go all the way out to the edge to share that opinion?

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

I'd say the 00s would give it a run for its money with the whole nu-metal wave. Although 00s edginess at least seemed to be lashing out at a "legitimate target" in the form of Bush, the war on terror etc. The 90s in comparison was just a stroppy teenager going "gently caress you dad I won't do what you tell me".

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Benny Harvey posted:

The 90s in comparison was just a stroppy teenager going "gently caress you dad I won't do what you tell me".

I'm reminded of the snark about third wave ska: first wave ska was about racism and youth crime; second wave ska was about unemployment and multiculturalism; third wave ska was about your dad buying you a lovely car.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Benny Harvey posted:

I'd say the 00s would give it a run for its money with the whole nu-metal wave. Although 00s edginess at least seemed to be lashing out at a "legitimate target" in the form of Bush, the war on terror etc. The 90s in comparison was just a stroppy teenager going "gently caress you dad I won't do what you tell me".

The 00's were manufactured edgy. Not like there wasn't record company influence in the 90's, but they found out what worked and didn't work.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Iron Crowned posted:

Checks out:

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1...1.0.by-0mma_VaY

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
You don't even got the fuckin balls to slap this bad boy on your pussy little Prius:

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
Anybody else have this unplayable abomination?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I had Aladdin and would always steal my cousin's Batman one to play.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

lemon-lyme disease posted:

I had one that was some sort of tank game. To this day I don't know if the object of the game was to hit the tank with bombs from an aircraft or to dodge bombs from the aircraft as the tank.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Okay, but did that make it more interesting? A nebulous goal might actually have helped the experience.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
black smithers

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Okay, but did that make it more interesting? A nebulous goal might actually have helped the experience.

I honestly don't remember.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I get a craving for an arch deluxe now and then. I can still kinda remember what it might have tasted like.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

Pneub posted:

You don't even got the fuckin balls to slap this bad boy on your pussy little Prius:

PA hasn't forgotten that we aren't "Skeered". I've seen that on a car recently enough that it's embarassing.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

I had Robocop 3, which was surprisingly playable, with bosses, powerups and sidescrolling levels.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

I get a craving for an arch deluxe now and then. I can still kinda remember what it might have tasted like.

After my recent move, my last can of OK Soda ruptured, so I finished thawing it out and consumed it

:rip: the last remnant of my childhood

burial
Sep 13, 2002

evobatman posted:

I had Robocop 3, which was surprisingly playable, with bosses, powerups and sidescrolling levels.

That sounds significantly better, then. If I’m remembering right, the Battletoads one was basically the second level of the actual game (riding down a big shaft, swinging around to kick dudes on the walls) but the controls made accomplishing this goal really, really unnecessarily difficult.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Pneub posted:

How about a "No Fear" sticker on a dodge omni?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

wesleywillis posted:

This means no fear, cavalier, a renegade and steering clear
A tournament, a tournament, a tournament of lies
Offer me solutions offer me alternatives and I decline

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

The sauce for the Arch Deluxe was described as "Whale Ejaculate" by a major news publication. I forget which one.

They were not good sandwiches. It was basically just a plain hamburger with a terrible jizzy sauce on it. But it had a whole lettuce leaf instead of shredded so it's for grownups.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

Spider-Man: The Anal Adventure

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

wesleywillis posted:

I remember back in 2000 (before 9/11 so still technically 90s) seeing a car with Japanese lettering down the side of the back window. I guess they were going for "No Fear" because my Japanese friend asked me why the car said "I am afraid".

Another good one was someone that asked for "Colombian Princess" but mixed up ン (n) and ソ (so) and got "COLOSOBIASO PRISOSESS" on her windshield.

Mezzanine has a new favorite as of 17:10 on Jan 26, 2018

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

HAmbONE posted:

Spider-Man: The Anal Adventure

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Mommy Yes! It’s Sniz & Fondue!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl6vg2w5iMs

Or at least the first segment is. I was a sucker for this show.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

That burg had such a bizarre marketing strategy, the primary focus of the commercial was the fact that kids won't like it and it's for adults. I bet that's why it went away.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
The arch deluxe was like getting a #1 from Wendy's if I recall except a round patty.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Mezzanine posted:

Another good one was someone that asked for "Colombian Princess" but mixed up ン (n) and ソ (so) and got "COLOSOBIASO PRISOSESS" on her windshield.

That still gets me from time to time. For a while I wondered what a 'パンコン/pankon' was and why an electronics store was selling it. Turns out that sign actually said 'パソコン/pasokon' (computer), and then it made much more sense. Also シ/shi and ツ/tsu. 

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

mostlygray posted:

The sauce for the Arch Deluxe was described as "Whale Ejaculate" by a major news publication. I forget which one.

They were not good sandwiches. It was basically just a plain hamburger with a terrible jizzy sauce on it. But it had a whole lettuce leaf instead of shredded so it's for grownups.

Back when they were marketing the Arch Deluxe, there was a bit in the news about how a hired PR firm was sending "social influencers" to hip nightlife spots to try to popularize an Arch Deluxe Dance which among other things included curling your arms up above your head to make a McDonalds "M" in the air, YMCA-style.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Back when they were marketing the Arch Deluxe, there was a bit in the news about how a hired PR firm was sending "social influencers" to hip nightlife spots to try to popularize an Arch Deluxe Dance which among other things included curling your arms up above your head to make a McDonalds "M" in the air, YMCA-style.

If they had waited a decade, they could have astroturfed a youtube fad of people doing that dance.

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Wielder of the Soup Spoon

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

lmao I didn't believe you and well, the joke was absolutely on me

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Pastry of the Year posted:

lmao I didn't believe you and well, the joke was absolutely on me

did you accidentally post this here instead of the cursed images thread

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

I don't care if it is 90's as gently caress, Conan by Tim Sale? Sign me the hell up.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

He's not wrong

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
So my boss gets the idea to sell comics. I was thinking okay, get the new Marvel stuff in, cash in on the movie craze etc.
Yeah...

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Stairs posted:

So my boss gets the idea to sell comics. I was thinking okay, get the new Marvel stuff in, cash in on the movie craze etc.
Yeah...

I love how Rob Liefeld's inability to draw feet, women or basically anything but giant guns because THE hot style everyone had to copy :allears:.

People say that the silver age comics of the 60s and 70s were the drugs era, but I liked how 90s got really weird too. I dont know about Image comics because my parents wouldnt buy me them, but in Marvel and DC comics, the Green Lantern became possessed by a literal fear entity (AND THE REASON GREEN LANTERNS CANT AFFECT THE COLOR YELLOW) and murdered almost the entire Green Lantern Corps, Spider-man had a clone and they went back and forth who was the original for 2 years, Superman died and then came back with a mullet, then split into two copies that were different colors, you get the idea. Everything had to be so DARK and GRIM and MATURE, and this somehow translated to stories where post-apocalyptic Superman was fighting the twin clones of Hitler while wielding a gun that was bigger than he was (Superman: At Earth's End, if you're curious. Despite the :krad: summary, it's really boring.)

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Stairs posted:

Yeah...

Heck, I'd grab a copy of that Lobo comic

e: wait poo poo that's a world of darkness comic isn't it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I think the RAZOR comic is, that looks like the lovely typeface White Wolf loving loved using for Werewolf poo poo.