Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Android Blues posted:

(and its TV adaptation is utterly fantastic)

I would disagree on that assertion

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jan 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

I would disagree on that assertion

Now you've done it.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I mean it's FINE, and a capital-I Important work, but the series is way too long, suffers entirely from adopting only one arc of the comic, making Jessica Jones an explicit rape victim just makes her a weaker character overall for absolutely no gain over how Bendis approached it, it has the worst line of dialog I've ever seen in a television show, the third act is really bad and predicated on one character lacking basic common sense so Kilgrave can escape again, and the supporting cast is varying flavors of unmemorable besides Trinity who again, gets deep character assassination so act three can happen and also her black neighbor.

Like Alias is one of the best comics made in this century. JJ the tv show is a perfectly competent FX style tv show with a Deeper Message, that has serious, serious structural and executional problems

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I liked the JJ show and all but no, comics absolutely needs to move away from exploitation of women by villains

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

it has the worst line of dialog I've ever seen in a television show

Which one is this?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

IUG posted:

Which one is this?

"Don't you remember, Luke? Matt Murdock recruited us to be Defenders!"

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

IUG posted:

Which one is this?

Luke's incredibly clumsy line about feeling betrayed that Jessica never told him about her role his girlfriend (wife?)'s death.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

IUG posted:

Which one is this?

"You...let me be...inside you."

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I feel like I should have known this what was coming...

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Inhumans: Judgment day was a really good epilogue to the kind of mixed bag that Ewing's Royals was. Packs some extra emotional punch if you've been following Black Bolt's solo as well.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/SPD4649/status/956294678927699968

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So today's two in one retconned ff out of the space race. Guess we wont be seeing the team trying to beat out the commies in the past in the mcu

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Did they implement the space race origin? I don't remember that being a thing since the 80s

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

This is a good read, but people only want to see what they want to see.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Did they implement the space race origin? I don't remember that being a thing since the 80s

There wasnt anything about the impetus for the flight itself, just a flashback to ben, reed and victor in college in 1998 which uhhh is not cold war era

Btdubbs the infinity war movie prelude might be worth a look, shuri is the one handling bucky so there might be a fun friendship there later???

site fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 25, 2018

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Calling the annual renumbering/relaunch #1 craze a series of "reboots" is something of an abuse of the term. It's sure hard to follow, but it's not a New 52-style "reboot."

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

The point I'm making is that the book under KSD's pen sold super well
citation needed

Really for 90% of the statements you've made over the course of this topic, but especially this one. Maybe I just don't know what super well means. Or understand what comics are generally liked or not well liked or what is considered successful or anything about comics.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Today's thanos

lmao

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

This is proof that Donny Cates is a good follow up to Lemire.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Wanderer posted:

Calling the annual renumbering/relaunch #1 craze a series of "reboots" is something of an abuse of the term. It's sure hard to follow, but it's not a New 52-style "reboot."

Sometimes the renumbering even happened in the middle of a story arc, and it simply continued on in the new #1 like nothing happened. No wonder the gimmick lost it's power over the last 5 years.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

site posted:

Today's thanos

lmao

Holy poo poo, that's fantastic.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Edge & Christian posted:

citation needed

Really for 90% of the statements you've made over the course of this topic, but especially this one. Maybe I just don't know what super well means. Or understand what comics are generally liked or not well liked or what is considered successful or anything about comics.

It wouldn't be an LTW post without unrelenting hyperbole everywhere

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

It wouldn't be an LTW post without unrelenting hyperbole everywhere

also, unerring confidence and authority while also being as wrong as humanly possible

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

site posted:

Today's thanos

lmao

What the hell is this book? :psyduck:

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
You know, Frank actually would be a pretty good herald of Galactus.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Am I too late to say Reed's Captain Marvel was very bad and Carol is not good?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Why would Thanos know Punisher

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

He's am avatar of Death.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

site posted:

Today's thanos

lmao

Hahahahahahaha

This is the best.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Sinners Sandwich posted:

the rest of the page is thanos saying he doesn't know the name and walking off, with Frank saying "figures"

The preview for next issue says it's gonna explain how king thanos finally killed all the avengers and how Frank became the way he was so that should be fun

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

C.B. layin' it down!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq8lj2jlXgY&t=29s

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

I was really expecting that to end in a joke.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Everyone looks like they hate having to be on camera, i learned nothing of value, but akiras performative enthusiasm has me amped. What does marvel have in store for us? House of inhumans? Age of wolverine? Secret invasion 2? Civil war 3?!

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

site posted:

Today's thanos

lmao

I guess I'm the only one who finds this terrible.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Nilbop posted:

I guess I'm the only one who finds this terrible.

Probably

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Eh. Without any context, just from reading those panels, it kinda comes across bad to me as well. What's the point of having Frank Castle as the spirit of vengeance if he's not actually recognizable as Frank Castle? What's the draw of turning Frank into some quippy weirdo who went craaaazy in the future because whatever? It'd be one thing if you read that page and was like oooh, it all makes sense now, of course this is Frank. But here it feels like namedropping the guy just for the sake of having a twist.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

double post :saddowns:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Because it's funny?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
BrianWilly I think you have just learned what it means to hate fun and think things are serious business and Be Wrong because it is Fun To Have Fun and Love Fun Things.. How does it feel to be so wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Okay sorry let me rewind then. Ahem.

Ahem!

hHAhaha! HahA! HA. This was so Cool and Funny. !. What a great writing we got written here. Very entertained! I support and approve of this comic. Haha11!

How's that

• Locked thread