Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

The “snake or coiled rope?” mini-game is driving me bananas

This is why Sekhmet gave you firebombs (or, if you're boring, torches you can throw).

Edit: lol at this having it's own support page:

https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000032034/Interacting-with-cats-in-Assassin-s-Creed-Origins/

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

The “snake or coiled rope?” mini-game is driving me bananas

Once you have the 'smoke bombs do damage' upgrade they instakill all snakes in the vicinity. You're welcome.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I don't kill the snakes in the tombs. I just run by them. I am a good person.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
If a small girl can avoid killing snakes, so can Bayek.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I just threw torches at them since you have infinite torches.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

poptart_fairy posted:

Yeah, BF climbing feels so clunky now.

Hugely prefer couch gaming with stuff like this.

Wait, you all don't have your PC plugged into the big screen television?

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Shredder posted:

What's the issue? Mine works flawlessly. I'm running hardwired ethernet with a wired 360 controller, steam controller, and PS4 controller via bluetooth. I've heard wireless can be lovely.

Mainly getting it set up. Since I don't have the steam controller, to turn it on I have to get up behind my TV and unplug the steam link and plug it back in to turn on. Maybe other controllers can turn it on remotely, but I don't think mine could.

Also it seemed like the first time I'd start any game during a session it would just render a black screen, but it would start the game on my computer. so I'd have to get up again and go to the computer room and quit the game, then go back to the tv and try starting it again. :shrug:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I never thought I would ever get emotionally absorbed into an environment before. Not even in the past AC games which I've always loved for their graphics and sense of scale.

But AC:O is a wonderful game, and I have enjoyed every second of the time I've spent in it. Tonight when I played through the DLC this happened. I'm always in awe of the vistas that Ubisoft managed. I swear even the music is timed to shift tones based on where your camera is directed.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/221799936?t=25s

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I was not big on Syndicate but the soundtrack was loving beautiful and similarly well attuned to the context.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Syndicate is the only AC I know nothing about beyond the setting, so I'm looking forward to playing it.

Did Jester Kyd do Origins' music? Didn't sound like his usual stuff but I enjoyed it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Syndicate is the only AC I know nothing about beyond the setting, so I'm looking forward to playing it.

Did Jester Kyd do Origins' music? Didn't sound like his usual stuff but I enjoyed it.

No, Origins's soundtrack is by Sarah Schachner. She did a drat good job, too.

Syndicate is my favorite AC soundtrack, though. They brought in Austin Wintory, known for his music in thatgamecompany's games like Journey, and he is really, really good at contextual music cues and atmospheric music. Syndicate's soundtrack is the best thing about it, and that's not damning with faint praise because it's just a totally incredible soundtrack all around. There are these little contextual music cues that sync up with really tall leaps of faith and it's perfect.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I really enjoyed the music in Syndicate. Reminded me of the music in the RDJ Sherlock movies. Something like jaunty... with intrigue?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
That's great to hear (:haw:) about syndicate. Always lived the AC music.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

On the topic of AC: O’s soundtrack, as someone who’s played every entry in this often-frustrating series, I had a real reaction to the Origins theme transitioning into Ezio’s theme when Aya picks the skull off the sand and reveals the Assassin’s logo. Like there’s a lot of bullshit to chew through in the franchise, but Origins made me remember why I loved it in the first place in ways that not even Black Flag touched.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I'm guessing no-one got the hidden ones or (they're all busy playing it) as mine downloaded last night, but i'm just about to jump into it.

Also, i never bothered to get the Anubis armour when all those patches and gods showed up all over the map and stuff (i fought all 4 as they showed up but it never unlocked). Am i poo poo out of luck for getting it now?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Kin posted:

I'm guessing no-one got the hidden ones or (they're all busy playing it) as mine downloaded last night, but i'm just about to jump into it.

Also, i never bothered to get the Anubis armour when all those patches and gods showed up all over the map and stuff (i fought all 4 as they showed up but it never unlocked). Am i poo poo out of luck for getting it now?

Too busy playing it. Fun / glitchy

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

give me more phylakitai, one's that i can't just clown by being two levels under

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Kin posted:

Hidden Ones is fun, but the map is a little eh compared to the open vistas of the main map. Not too far into the narrative.

You can still get the Anubis armor and weapons. The gods rotate on a weekly basis. Anubis was last week. Sobek is up now. Beating all three gets you the weapons, re-beating the first you fought gets you the armor/bow. Just got to be patient, though they may do another event with everything live at once again some time.

Edit: maybe submit a ticket to Ubi, and see if there’s a way the content can be unlocked on their end, if you already beat the gods once?

Tart Kitty fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jan 24, 2018

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kin posted:

I played a bit last night and it's pretty fun in that "I just want more Assassin's Creed Origins" way. I'll probably put more time into it once I burn out on Monster Hunter World.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Is the “Persian Leader” outfit new to Hidden Ones, or did I just never see it before? Because it’s perfect in every way.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Coldforge posted:

Is the “Persian Leader” outfit new to Hidden Ones, or did I just never see it before? Because it’s perfect in every way.

Is that the one that's a nice shade of purple and bronze? If so nah, it's just one of those outfits that can randomly cycle into the weavers, I picked it up really early on and it took a while for me to stop wearing it.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Hidden Ones is pretty fun, especially when you get the instant-charge axe. It's more map, more quests, which is all I really wanted, but I do miss the feeling of being a Medjay over being a capital-a Assassin.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Yardbomb posted:

Is that the one that's a nice shade of purple and bronze? If so nah, it's just one of those outfits that can randomly cycle into the weavers, I picked it up really early on and it took a while for me to stop wearing it.

No, it’s that general look, but a classic AC, white robe with red accent, color scheme.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Loving The Hidden Ones! I just did Walls of the Ruler achievement, slaughtering that one giant fortress.

One of those captains flat-out reversed my assassination blade :ohdear: and only took like 900 damage, that became a bit of a tussle I didn't expect.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

They really need to give me a scythe based on the axe animation set so that my Anubis-armored arbiter of death will be complete.

:black101:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Fart City posted:

They really need to give me a scythe based on the axe animation set so that my Anubis-armored arbiter of death will be complete.

:black101:

Kind of a tease that they put the Gallic brothers in the story for you to fight. I wish I could punch and Zangief the poo poo out of enemies like the one brother who uses no weapons.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
If I really loved Bayek, does the new content justify 40 bucks (season pass)?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Morter posted:

Bulk of the season pass is just costumes and weapons. If you only want the story stuff, the first one is out and it's only 10, and I thought that was pretty good for what you get.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Bulk of the season pass is just costumes and weapons. If you only want the story stuff, the first one is out and it's only 10, and I thought that was pretty good for what you get.

The next one is supposed to be much bigger, and will correspondingly cost more ($20).

So if the weapons and costumes are worth it at $10 for you, the pass is a decent enough price.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I kind of hope the undead stuff will be a canon story.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Every game should have an undead DLC, ala Red Dead Redemption and Sleeping Dogs

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
BIG SMILEY CAT :haw:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Every game should have an undead DLC, ala Red Dead Redemption and Sleeping Dogs

Wrong! Zombies are really boring and dumb and I wish devs spent their time on more creative things for my favourite games.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

orcane posted:

Wrong! Zombies are really boring and dumb and I wish devs spent their time on more creative things for my favourite games.

Any idea would be fun if properly executed. This demonstrates a lack of imagination.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, they all have the same concept but use it in very different ways. Even putting aside the mythological divide its neat.

Though yeah if they just add zombie survival into everything it will be different.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Any idea would be fun if properly executed. This demonstrates a lack of imagination.

Thank you for your concern but I can imagine plenty of fun things. None of which contain any sort of undead though :colbert:

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I'm getting a full screen ad for the Hidden Ones whenever I open the map or menu. Is there any way to get rid of it, without spending money?

ed.: It went away after I brought up the actual game options menu, as opposed to the inv/quests/map menu.

Kazzah fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Jan 25, 2018

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Protip: don't buy the season pass on uplay if you bought the game on steam

Even though the base game shows up in uplay, and you can launch and install it from uplay, it still uses steam for all the in-game purchasing poo poo, so even though in the game it says all the DLC poo poo is unlocked, I can't install it because it opens a steam window and says I don't own it.

This is what I get for trying to save a few bucks :mad:

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Morter posted:

The Hidden Ones is a lot of fun, and the armor and DEATH CAMEL ANNOINTED IN SKULLS mount that you get in the Horus pack included with the pass are top tier poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Once again, it's a lovely Ubisoft season pass.

90% meh cosmetics and 10% substantial world expansion stuff.

Buy the story stuff separately unless you really want to cosplay as a Stargate or an over the top Rome character.