Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

maswastaken posted:

No matter what, guns using a DMR kit will only ever pick up exactly 1 ammo. This wouldn't be so bad if you didn't absolutely need Berserker to one-shot a heavy on Mayhem, there were any truth to the idea that one ammo box dropped is one ammo box picked up and specials didn't exist.

Also affects non-kit DMRs, which is really really dumb.

Thankfully it's really easy to fix that bullshit on your own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

UnknownMercenary posted:

Also affects non-kit DMRs, which is really really dumb.

Thankfully it's really easy to fix that bullshit on your own.
I thought you'd worked out that non-kit DMRs had it worse, with a pickup range of 0.5% to 1.5%, which for the M308 works out a 3% chance of getting nothing if you have Walk-In Closet, 21% without.

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jan 23, 2018

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

In practice it's still roughly one per box.

I don't even know why they chose to do it the way they did (copy/pasting the call to the same pickup range the AP pistol uses). If they wanted to absolutely guarantee 1 they could have hard coded a range for it like they did with the bolt action sniper rifles.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

maswastaken posted:

No matter what, guns using a DMR kit will only ever pick up exactly 1 ammo. This wouldn't be so bad if you didn't absolutely need Berserker to one-shot a heavy on Mayhem, there were any truth to the idea that one ammo box dropped is one ammo box picked up and specials didn't exist.
How does Jules still have a job?

quote:

That skill hasn't been removed from the game just yet.
I know, I have a habit of adjusting in anticipation of things. If I catch wind of something getting nerfed/removed, instead of abusing it as much as I can while it's still available I immediately move away from it to reduce reliance on it.

Not like it mattered - having Specialized Killing only helped me hit the old breakpoints, so all I've really "lost" is that particular build no longer being able to fit into Stealth runs.

Edit: Just tried the Brothers Grimm. Trip report: :stonklol:

Kith fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jan 24, 2018

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
I had a thought about a small additional modification that could work to improve the intimidation factor, and also include a small in-joke.

Voice Modulation

“The final modification to our ZEAL force responder equipment was more serendipitous than anything else, but the results proved so impressive that we felt confident introducing them into the production line. While testing the throat-based transceiver units, an error in calibration showed that the previous sound fidelity levels could reach a 20% lower range without any appreciable loss in quality. In layman’s terms, any commands given by our ZEAL units will sound, for all intents and purposes, like they were coming from the legions of Hell itself. I’ve heard this myself behind inch-thick bulletproof glass, and let me tell you, I had trouble not jumping out of my skin.

The R&D boys have proposed the name “Death Vox” for this system. The clowns will certainly know why when they hear it”.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Kith posted:

How does Jules still have a job?

:iiam: He's done more harm than good in the time he's been in charge of this game.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Kith posted:

Edit: Just tried the Brothers Grimm. Trip report: :stonklol:
Welcome to the fold.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

TheObserver posted:

I had a thought about a small additional modification that could work to improve the intimidation factor, and also include a small in-joke.

Voice Modulation

“The final modification to our ZEAL force responder equipment was more serendipitous than anything else, but the results proved so impressive that we felt confident introducing them into the production line. While testing the throat-based transceiver units, an error in calibration showed that the previous sound fidelity levels could reach a 20% lower range without any appreciable loss in quality. In layman’s terms, any commands given by our ZEAL units will sound, for all intents and purposes, like they were coming from the legions of Hell itself. I’ve heard this myself behind inch-thick bulletproof glass, and let me tell you, I had trouble not jumping out of my skin.

The R&D boys have proposed the name “Death Vox” for this system. The clowns will certainly know why when they hear it”.
Good idea! We're laying into the hell side of things in a future update, but I'll keep this in mind as we prep for it.

We have big plans.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ArkInBlack posted:

I like running Loco/Breaker12g. The Breaker's mostly style but really you don't need much more than Shotgun tree, a Loco, and burning desire to bathe in the blood of your enemies.

Breaker has a weird animation that I can't ever quite get a handle on.

Now akimbo grimms and a loco? :getin: Gonna be making a whole lot of cop pension funds insolvent.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

FAUXTON posted:

Breaker has a weird animation that I can't ever quite get a handle on.

Now akimbo grimms and a loco? :getin: Gonna be making a whole lot of cop pension funds insolvent.

Akimbo grimms + arbiter -> I mean sure there's other builds but why

ninja edit: please someone bring lmg + arbiter for killing swat turret thx

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Is there a goon Discord anywhere? The CTS Payday 2 link in the OP is dead.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

BurntCornMuffin posted:

I guess that Discord link wants to be more prominent in the OP: https://discordapp.com/invite/mWeUnvQ

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Yeah, sorry. I'm a bit lethargic about the OP. I keep up on the thread, though.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I hope y'all are down for more of Jules' wild ride because support got extended to 2019 as of today.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

UnknownMercenary posted:

I hope y'all are down for more of Jules' wild ride because support got extended to 2019 as of today.

WHAT

WHY

WHAT IS DEAD SHALL NEVER DIE

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
when will overkill sue the hello neighbor guys for stealing dragan's face

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

UnknownMercenary posted:

Im so glad were all in for another 37 DLCs that are horribly overpriced.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Pretty sure all they get out of it at this stage is continued interest in Overkill and skimming a few dollars off their $0.01 share in the majority of skin sales since they aren't selling new DLC anymore.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

grimcreaper posted:

Im so glad were all in for another 37 DLCs that are horribly overpriced.

Paid dlc is no more please find another snide load of poo poo to spout

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

https://www.starbreeze.com/2018/01/...e-walking-dead/

You can read the press release here if you wish. The combined failure of Raid plus TWD's delay has hit them financially and part of their plan is to continue PD2 support while speeding up development for PD3. As has been pointed out earlier, they already announced no more paid DLC so we will likely continue to get dripfed free updates of dubious quality simply to maintain interest in the brand. They could try walking back that statement but it would be a PR nightmare on par with Crimefest 2015.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Why in god's name are they once again putting The Walking Dead back in the oven to possibly rush job their big deal loving game, Payday 2. This is how they completely hosed up RAID. That stupid loving thing has been in development since August of 2014, gently caress The Walking Dead. Release that shitfuck now and milk that, don't loving ruin the presentation of Payday Goddamn 3.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Is Jules in control of PD3? Because if so I don't think it matters if they "speed up" it's development...

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Saw this coming once RAID bombed. On the bright side, the recent heists have been legitimately fun and since I now mainly run a build that uses none of the weapons or skills that are being dubiously re-balanced, I don't have to be as worried about Jules being crap at his job.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
This may signal a return of paid DLC, but we really don't know at this point.

OP this please.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Is Jules in control of PD3? Because if so I don't think it matters if they "speed up" it's development...

Jules is not in charge of PD3.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

maswastaken posted:

Welcome to the fold.

All of my complaints about Automatic Shotguns making the game too easy are doubled (or even tripled) with the Brothers. Y'just hold down the trigger in the general direction of "over there" and everything dies in a flash. It's absurd.

While I have decided to dust off the Nailgun Murdertube because I'm rusty after about a year of no cop clicking, I doubt I'm going to use the Brothers very much unless I'm struggling with a mission at a high difficulty.

Discendo Vox posted:

Jules is not in charge of PD3.

Oh good, it has a chance then.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kith posted:

All of my complaints about Automatic Shotguns making the game too easy are doubled (or even tripled) with the Brothers. Y'just hold down the trigger in the general direction of "over there" and everything dies in a flash. It's absurd.

While I have decided to dust off the Nailgun Murdertube because I'm rusty after about a year of no cop clicking, I doubt I'm going to use the Brothers very much unless I'm struggling with a mission at a high difficulty.
Pubbie host of a heist: "Jal you're killing too many cops" *kicks me* (I was using Brothers Grimm)
I guess I stole his kill? Is War Thunder creeping in to PD2?

What is the Nailgun Murdertube?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I am going to try a melee build for laughs, any general advice? There are a million melee weapons and I pretty much just use the katana and buzzer and that’s a shame.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Fellis posted:

I am going to try a melee build for laughs, any general advice? There are a million melee weapons and I pretty much just use the katana and buzzer and that’s a shame.

Max Infiltrator perk deck for damage resistance
Ironman Suit, diehard ace for more armor
Max Brawler Tree
Ghost movement skills to lug your fat rear end around. Parkour I think, 10% movement bonus?
Double saws for loving up bulldozers
Empty Palm Kata
Cram inspire somewhere in there to make your gun crutch teammates get the gently caress up.

I did this exact thing on overkill GO bank once and I somehow got the most kills.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Fellis posted:

Take Sociopath and the Motherforker, skill options are basically wide open; the idea is successive melee hits are basically guaranteed to kill the target, which gives you back health. Since you're using a meatfork and can make successive hits rapidly.... yeah, this works out. Plenty of weapon options but I'm pretty fond of bringing a machinegun to the sociopath table.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

EorayMel posted:

Max Infiltrator perk deck for damage resistance
Ironman Suit, diehard ace for more armor
Max Brawler Tree
Ghost movement skills to lug your fat rear end around. Parkour I think, 10% movement bonus?
Double saws for loving up bulldozers
Empty Palm Kata
Cram inspire somewhere in there to make your gun crutch teammates get the gently caress up.

I did this exact thing on overkill GO bank once and I somehow got the most kills.
Diehard Aced doesnt affect ICTV.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Diehard Aced doesnt affect ICTV.

What the gently caress? Have I been living a lie this whole time? :negative:

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

EorayMel posted:

What the gently caress? Have I been living a lie this whole time? :negative:
Lightweight Ballistic Vest, Ballistic Vest and Heavy Ballistic Vest only, I'm afraid. Improved Combined Tactical Vest is not a Ballistic Vest.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

maswastaken posted:

Lightweight Ballistic Vest, Ballistic Vest and Heavy Ballistic Vest only, I'm afraid. Improved Combined Tactical Vest is not a Ballistic Vest.
We need an :overkill: version of :pgi:

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Bring back Goldfarb. At least he had some kind of a vision for the game.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

John Murdoch posted:

Bring back Goldfarb. At least he had some kind of a vision for the game.

Nah, we just need Overkill to hire me on as design lead.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
that would unironically be a lot better

and that is TERRIFYING

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Nah, we just need Overkill to hire me on as design lead.
Why? So you can delegate weapons to merc?

Anyway, the Milestone Update! 5 new Mega Masks! How to unlock them? Get a fuckton of achievements. And that's not all!
20 achievements: 4 Continental Coins!
50 achievements: 8 Continental Coins!
90 achievements: 12 Continental Coins and Mega Famine!
160 achievements: 16 Continental Coins!
200 achievements: 20 Continental Coins and Mega Conquest!
270 achievements: 24 Continental Coins!
350 achievements: 28 Continental Coins and Mega Tormentor!
450 achievements: 36 Continental Coins!
550 achievements: 36 Continental Coins and Mega Arch Nemesis!
650 achievements: 36 Continental Coins!
750 achievements: 36 Continental Coins and Mega Rad Mutant!
850 achievements: 36 Continental Coins!
929 achievements: A Kick Ban from Every Host!

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I have interesting ideas for weapons. Hire me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Coolguye posted:

Paid dlc is no more please find another snide load of poo poo to spout

Huh. I didnt know those new DLCs not included with the vastly overpriced game werent the precurser for 37 more dlc packs.