Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Qwijib0 posted:

I'm a ground-floor foletariat member

He has a two year contract with the Eagles, so they'd have to trade for him; probably a second rounder, depending on his super bowl performance. He's 29.

Why do this to yourself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Coldforge posted:

He has a two year contract with the Eagles, so they'd have to trade for him; probably a second rounder, depending on his super bowl performance. He's 29.

Why do this to yourself?

there are worse ways to spend a 2nd rounder than a starter quality QB

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

there are worse ways to spend a 2nd rounder than a starter quality QB

Uh.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Can I just say how cool it is that the Cardinals have been competitive over the last 10 years after decade upon decade of mediocrity? Because it's really cool.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

dont even fink about it posted:

Can I just say how cool it is that the Cardinals have been competitive over the last 10 years after decade upon decade of mediocrity? Because it's really cool.

Palmer's injury in, what was it, 2015? was such a welp moment, though. I was kinda pulling for them, and then :saddowns:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
The Palmer Cards were always super fun in Madden but in real life everybody was injured and old.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

they had like 1 year of healthy john brown, healthy carson palmer, decent mike floyd, good o line play, and that was it

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Manoueverable posted:

If this happens, he's either never gonna win another game against us again or repeatedly shred the gently caress out of our defense twice a year and I can't decide which one is more likely

Last page, but I'm leaning more towards the former. If Richard wasn't let go, I could see Bevell coming up with plays that would pick apart his scheme, but the Seahawks are going to have a new DC next year. Not to mention Pete still being HC and having years of knowledge of Darrell's play calling.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Coldforge posted:

That's adorable :allears:

He had such a good 2013 season. What caused so much regression after that?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Charlz Guybon posted:

He had such a good 2013 season. What caused so much regression after that?

Even that crazy year he had some absolutely poo poo games, and just got lucky with picks. He’s insanely inconsistent game-to-game.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Coldforge posted:

Even that crazy year he had some absolutely poo poo games, and just got lucky with picks. He’s insanely inconsistent game-to-game.

My guess without studying game tape is that almost any NFL quarterback can shred if he's not getting pressure and able to lob out collegeball bombs on every possession.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I haven't seen any news for the NFC West teams so I'll just state:

Jimmy G is handsome

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
The 9ers should acquire Jimmy Graham just to confuse the poo poo out of everyone watching their games.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

shirts and skins posted:

The 9ers should acquire Jimmy Graham just to confuse the poo poo out of everyone watching their games.

Jimmy G to Jimmy G. They could call them the "The Jimmy G-Unit."

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Most of the coaching turnover is settled now and we're not gonna have much news until free agency begins, so to troll for cheap discussion in this thread, I'll play the dumb "build a Mount Rushmore of your team" game for the division.

Cardinals: Larry Fitzgerald, Ottis Anderson, Adrian Wilson, Patrick Peterson
Rams: Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, Orlando Pace, Jack Youngblood
Seahawks: Walter Jones, Cortez Kennedy, Marshawn Lynch, Steve Largent
49ers: Jimmy G, Jimmy G, Jimmy G, Jimmy G Real answer: Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Patrick Willis

Tell me how wrong my picks are (or create your own for fun!)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Benne posted:

49ers: Jimmy G, Jimmy G, Jimmy G, Jimmy G Real answer: Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Patrick Willis

Tell me how wrong my picks are (or create your own for fun!)

If we're including coaching staff too you'll have to replace Patrick Willis with Bill Walsh.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

If we're including coaching staff too you'll have to replace Patrick Willis with Bill Walsh.

I meant to only include players on this, but we could do a special coaches version if y'all want.

Seahawks: Mike Holmgren, Pete Carroll, Chuck Knox, uhhh Dan Quinn maybe?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Yeah if we're doing all coaches it's Bill Walsh, George Seifert, Mike Holmgren, and Jim Harbaugh for the 49ers.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
gently caress it I'll do the rest of the NFCW coaches

Cardinals: Bruce Arians, Ken Whisenhunt, Don Coryell, Jimmy Conzelman (never heard of him but he got the Cards' only title in ye olde 1947, so it counts for something)
Rams: Chuck Knox, Dick Vermeil, John Robinson, Mike Martz

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Benne posted:

Seahawks: Walter Jones, Cortez Kennedy, Marshawn Lynch, Steve Largent

Tez was great and by far my favorite player before Marshawn, but at this point I might replace him with either Russ (best SEA QB by far) or Earl Thomas (best player on SB winning defense). That's just nitpicking though, your selections do a great job of showcasing each decad

e. Just for fun, how about a reverse-rushmore for each team? The most loathed/worst players. I don't have time to fully think this through, but I have to think two Seahawks spots are reserved for Mirer and Jerramy Stevens. Some might choose Boz too.

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jan 25, 2018

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

shirts and skins posted:

e. Just for fun, how about a reverse-rushmore for each team? The most loathed/worst players. I don't have time to fully think this through, but I have to think two Seahawks spots are reserved for Mirer and Jerramy Stevens. Some might choose Boz too.

T.J. O'Sullivan, Kyle Williams, Kwame Harris, A.J. Jenkins

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

shirts and skins posted:

Tez was great and by far my favorite player before Marshawn, but at this point I might replace him with either Russ (best SEA QB by far) or Earl Thomas (best player on SB winning defense). That's just nitpicking though, your selections do a great job of showcasing each decad

Tez was the best DT of an entire generation and absolutely belongs up there. He won DPOY on a 2-14 team, which literally never happens these days. That's how well-regarded he was.

If you wanna nitpick, I considered putting Russ or Earl ahead of Largent, and can be swayed there, but that's at least a fun conversation. Tez and Big Walt are my top two without debate.

Benne fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jan 25, 2018

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Willis over Ronnie Lott seems like an odd choice

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

Benne posted:

Tez was the best DT of an entire generation and absolutely belongs up there. He won DPOY on a 2-14 team, which literally never happens these days. That's how well-regarded he was.

If you wanna nitpick, I considered putting Russ or Earl ahead of Largent, and can be swayed there, but that's at least a fun conversation. Tez and Big Walt are my top two without debate.

I would put Earl, Russ or Sherman over Lynch. Tez, Largent and Jones would be certains in my opinion. These three were the best in the league/generation.

My worst 4 Seahawks of all time.
Kelly Stouffer - QB, 1st round pick, 6th overall, only started 8 games when other QBs hurt
Jerramy Stevens - TE, 1st round pick. Score TD in Super Bowl XL, Total douchebag
Boz - over hyped douche
Aaron Curry - LB, 1st round pick, 4th overall, only lasted 2.3 seasons before being cut. couldnt track a sloth in the open field

Mirer was not that bad. We were still able to trade him for a 1st rounder after 4 seasons. He's kind of in the Alex Smith mold. Not good, not really bad, just very mediocre.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the cardinals have to have the most HOFers you have never heard of because they've bounced around so many times and been so bad for so long. even if you do arizona cardinals it's tough

larry fitzgerald
kurt warner
patrick peterson
darnell dockett, only if he gets his pet gator at the base of the monument like a giant granite cash money album cover

and that's leaving off aeneas williams and adrian wilson

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Spoeank posted:

Willis over Ronnie Lott seems like an odd choice

That's who I was thinking of. God I'm dumb.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Any anti-rushmore needs the worst safety I've ever seen play:

Brian Russell

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Lawrence Phillips

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Any anti-rushmore needs the worst safety I've ever seen play:

Brian Russell

I wish I still had the gif I made of his butt tackle.

He bad.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

That's who I was thinking of. God I'm dumb.

in your defense patrick willis did own extremely hard

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/956676476480442373

Don't ask Ross about him.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

DariusLikewise posted:

Lawrence Phillips

Goddamn, I forgot repressed all memory of him. Here's my revised 49ers anti-Rushmore:

Lawrence Phillips, J.T. O'Sullivan, Jim Druckenmiller, A.J. Jenkins

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Don't be throwing shade at Just Touchdowns O'Sullivan

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Goddamn, I forgot repressed all memory of him. Here's my revised 49ers anti-Rushmore:

Lawrence Phillips, J.T. O'Sullivan, Jim Druckenmiller, A.J. Jenkins

At least you guys didn’t waste the number 6 pick in the draft on him

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/956677277491912704

what

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

NFC West is going to be so much fun next year.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

They'll have to borrow the side netting from the Dbacks ballpark to keep fans from getting beaned

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

you can't teach height, son

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
This offseason loving rules, anarchy reigns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
it owns that brock will be on his fourth team and kaep couldn't get a camp invite

• Locked thread