Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
I'm honestly curious what the ratings for the redzone channels look like (DirecTV has their own version as well as the offical NFL version). It's pretty much the only way I watch football on Sundays now and know at least a few others that do the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Imagine McMahon booking a classic heel and face championship game showdown between Manziel and Tebow

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Vince should just buy out the fcfl and expand on that.

https://fcfl.io

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

DariusLikewise posted:

Is there any networks stupid enough to partner to broadcast this poo poo or do you think Vince is going to put it on the WWE network/stream games somehow?

Now see that's an interesting question. This isn't actually true:

Bigass Moth posted:

It's football. Fox Sports 1 or ESPN 3 or whatever will pick it up if it's not insanely expensive.

Because the NFL might choose to strongarm the networks currently broadcasting football if they choose to pick up XFL broadcasts, particularly if it competes directly with the NFL. When NBC chose to broadcast XFL games originally, it was in part due to the fact that they didn't have NFL broadcasts at the time--they lost the rights to CBS in 1997, and didn't get new broadcast rights until 2006.

If the NFL did do that, the most likely networks to pick up the XFL is going to be on a network that isn't owned by the same company as FOX/NBC/CBS/ESPN. That leaves the Viacom group and TimeWarner as the most likely buyers. Which means we'd be most likely to see XFL games on TNT, TBS, or SpikeTV. That's actually my bet right now for the broadcast rights, but I could be way off if say, Disney decides that MNF is a loser and they don't care if they don't get the renewal

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Imagine McMahon booking a classic heel and face championship game showdown between Manziel and Tebow

maybe they can steal "the liberal" from appalachian mountain wrestling

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

TheChirurgeon posted:

Now see that's an interesting question. This isn't actually true:

Because the NFL might choose to strongarm the networks currently broadcasting football if they choose to pick up XFL broadcasts, particularly if it competes directly with the NFL. When NBC chose to broadcast XFL games originally, it was in part due to the fact that they didn't have NFL broadcasts at the time--they lost the rights to CBS in 1997, and didn't get new broadcast rights until 2006.

If they did do that, the most likely networks to pick up the XFL is going to be on a network that isn't owned by the same company as FOX/NBC/CBS/ESPN. That leaves the Viacom group and TimeWarner as the most likely buyers. Which means we'd be most likely to see XFL games on TNT, TBS, or SpikeTV. That's actually my bet right now for the broadcast rights, but I could be way off if say, Disney decides that MNF is a loser and they don't care if they don't get the renewal

This would be very illegal and since Trump hates the NFL very unsuccessful, but I guess in 2020 Ivanka could be president.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Elephanthead posted:

This would be very illegal

lol imagine believing this matters

The NFL literally forced ESPN to stop airing Playmakers, then ESPN's second highest-rated show, by threatening to take away Sunday Night Football

e: also lol at believing that Trump would get involved in a dispute between the NFL and NBC/CBS/ABC

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jan 25, 2018

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

TheChirurgeon posted:

lol imagine believing this matters

If you watched SNL last weekend, we all learned that nothing matters anymore.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
WWE is already considering moving Raw to Facebook, this will probably go there. They, Facebook, want content, have the MAGA turds and the money to make it happen.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

e: nvm actually read the original tweet from this morning

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I want nothing more than this to fail.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Hockles posted:

If you watched SNL last weekend, we all learned that nothing matters anymore.

Wow 1995 was just last weekend? Time sure does fly.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

announcing a gofundme to resurrect the indiana firebirds as an XFL franchise

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
I’m psyched

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Charlie Stone

checks out

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

TheChirurgeon posted:

If the NFL did do that, the most likely networks to pick up the XFL is going to be on a network that isn't owned by the same company as FOX/NBC/CBS/ESPN. That leaves the Viacom group and TimeWarner as the most likely buyers. Which means we'd be most likely to see XFL games on TNT, TBS, or SpikeTV. That's actually my bet right now for the broadcast rights, but I could be way off if say, Disney decides that MNF is a loser and they don't care if they don't get the renewal

Spike doesn't exist anymore and got rebranded as Paramount Network with an emphasis on story-driven narratives (and Cops re-runs, yes). I don't know what they're doing with their MMA coverage, but I think it's unlikely that they'd pick up XFL games considering that now they're trying to get away from that image entirely now.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
It's going to be on the WWE Network for 9.99!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Put an XFL team in San Diego and make them play during the literal demolition of Qualcomm

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Turdsdown Tom posted:

Spike doesn't exist anymore and got rebranded as Paramount Network with an emphasis on story-driven narratives (and Cops re-runs, yes). I don't know what they're doing with their MMA coverage, but I think it's unlikely that they'd pick up XFL games considering that now they're trying to get away from that image entirely now.

Oh huh, I missed that

*checks* ah, it was 6 days ago that they rebranded. I don't feel quite so bad about not knowing that.

In that case, I'd submit CMT as a possible landing spot

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Pipsy Felix.

Damm.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Shadow Inglert

scrappy db/st gunner

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Barney Beams

that's a qb name

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/BarstoolBigCat/status/956581973673299968

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jojo Zimmerman. Hm. That seems more of a baseball name.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
Buccaroo Parker.

I'm your gritty white HB.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
How do all of you remember your kindergarten teacher's last name

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

TheChirurgeon posted:

How do all of you remember your kindergarten teacher's last name

seriously i haven't got a clue who any of my elementary teachers were. kindergarten was almost 30 loving years ago.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
My kindergarten teacher was struck by lightning on two separate occasions (and survived both) and I still can't remember her name.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Buster Lovelady

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

"This your game, safer?"

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Live -- https://twitter.com/alphaentllc

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Bigass Moth posted:

My kindergarten teacher was struck by lightning on two separate occasions (and survived both) and I still can't remember her name.

Same. I'm impressed you all remember their names!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's really happening :stare:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
This is really funny, but also may be good!

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

I would eliminate time outs and make it more like NFL Blitz. Thanks for asking my opinion Vince!

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

40-man teams? Ew.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Safer, family-friendly

Can't say I saw that coming

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006