Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Police Automaton posted:

a blanket reason you can put someone away for you don't like for some reason.

You solved the mystery gj

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Finding the right phone case is surprisingly frustrating.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

angerbeet posted:

Finding the right phone case is surprisingly frustrating.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3D-Cute-Sillcon-Cartoon-Pocket-Cat-Case-For-Apple-iPhone-6-6S-6-6s-Plus-5/32546087592.html

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Yessss. Love it.

I like this style of case because it protects your screen nicely, but you can take it out easily when you’re playing games or shitposting:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32829219350/32829219350.html

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Inverse colours!

also the hoodie with the big hood was an Ali purchase for part of my halloween outfit but had ended up being my 'keep warm at computer' garment of choice:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Men...2793589758.html

I got a zip put in it and it does me nicely.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

All hail CyberJesus

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Between this and Bright I have a sudden urge to play shadowrun

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

I used this one for about a year until it started getting loose, def worth the money.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Casual vulgarity is the best :kimchi:

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
I just ordered a bunch of cheap photography accessories for my iPhone. Will post a trip report after they arrive.

I've been trying to get a decent picture of a tiny owl that hunts near my apartment every night, but none of them have turned out. So I'm hoping the led flash actually works decently since the iPhone flash does not work for night photography.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sentient Data posted:

Casual vulgarity is the best :kimchi:

Oh hey gently caress you.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

This was posted earlier in the thread and I couldn't resist buying it. Arrived today. It looks really nice, has very solid, thick fabric, and fits well.

Also arrived today -- an unofficial Splatoon shirt. It's your standard t-shirt fare, nothing special to note. The design is a bit less solid than on the pictures, but that's alright. I quite like it, since it's an inconspicuous design.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Every time I order clothes I immediately regret it the moment I open the package

BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

Over There posted:

Every time I order clothes I immediately regret it the moment I open the package

Same. I'm always tell myself not to order clothes, but I think maybe this time will be better.

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

Looking for SuperBowl related items. Found this display case for all of Tom Brady's rings. Of course it'll be outdated and need an upgrade next week.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...2820195800.html

Also found Obama's high school basketball jersey
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MM-MASMIG-Barack-Obama-23-Punahou-High-Basketball-Jersey-Stitched-White/32839217740.html

There's actually a lot of novelty jerseys like Space Jam, Water Boy, Any Given Sunday.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

A classic:

(Unfortunately I can't seem to find any matching Pokemon Jade carts)

A mystery:

Maybe a new favourite:

Also, in case you're also into making Good Fashion Choices, I've recently put these on my wish list:
Holographic fanny pack
Holographic choker
Holographic nail polish :v:
Rainbow short shorts
Candy-coloured parka
Oversized rainbow sweater
WITCH CRAFT hoodie
idk who this anime girl is but this sweater looks cute

I've honestly never had a problem ordering clothes from aliexpress, but I am also very small and don't have very high expectations with regards to their quality. The sweatshirts I've bought are usually plasticky, but the tshirts I've ordered have actually been a lot more comfortable than my usual store-bought ones. I probably wouldn't risk trying to buy pants off aliexpress, though if my legs weren't approximately 10cm long I'd be heavily considering those wide-leg pants Shinmera posted.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/247/

quote:

In this hack, you're allowed to make characters disappear by attacking them with a "knife". This is done by pressing the Select button. They reappear though when you go to another route/town or a house. If you kill a character that moves and disappears, (for instance, the rival character) the game would freeze This hack was made by Z80a of romhacking.net

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uOJD2ekDkI

:ms:

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Well, I know what I'm getting with my tax refund this year.

Oh a serious note, my Merkur razor is getting badly dinged up so I ordered a variety of razors ranging from $1.50 to $10.00. If they don't rust out instantly I'll be impressed.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Kibbles n Shits posted:

This seems like a low bar of entry to get in on the penis waffle fad.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Kibbles n Shits posted:

Oh a serious note, my Merkur razor is getting badly dinged up so I ordered a variety of razors ranging from $1.50 to $10.00. If they don't rust out instantly I'll be impressed.

I cannot find anything under 13$?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Bored posted:

I just ordered a bunch of cheap photography accessories for my iPhone. Will post a trip report after they arrive.

I've been trying to get a decent picture of a tiny owl that hunts near my apartment every night, but none of them have turned out. So I'm hoping the led flash actually works decently since the iPhone flash does not work for night photography.

These look great, I'd love a tiny macro lens to take pictures of bugs and mushrooms while hiking. Maybe even a tiny set

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

NWS for embroidered bondage butt: http://s.aliexpress.com/VrIVvuMN

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

PokeJoe posted:

These look great, I'd love a tiny macro lens to take pictures of bugs and mushrooms while hiking. Maybe even a tiny set

The macro lens that comes with the set for 1.50 probably has to be a cm or less away from the subject, and its not as sharp as I would like which is how it was on more expensive macro lenses. The one that calls itself a microscopic lense, however, has a couple of nice photos in the review section. It's 3.29, so i won't be too disappointed if it really sucks.

http://s.aliexpress.com/JFfumQji

Also, here is the link to the 1.68 set that includes a different macro lens. Some of the images in that review section are also pretty good:
http://s.aliexpress.com/VBfeA3eq

So the seller of the telephoto lens is also selling an upskirt camera. It doesn't say "upskirt" in the title, but the ad sure makes it seem like that is what they are selling.

They also have a girl taking a picture of her cat for some reason.

I was looking for a case for all of my cheap lenses. The telephoto lens doesn't even come with a crappy velvet bag like the other two lens orders.

Nevermind. Found the search term for the kinds of cases that will work. "Carrying case" and "storage case" pay pull up cheap cars that will work.

Bored fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jan 28, 2018

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
That has to be the worlds second least subtle creep lens ever. Narrowly beaten by outright attaching a periscope to your phone.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

This lens is good... for Jeb!

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Killingyouguy! posted:

A classic:

(Unfortunately I can't seem to find any matching Pokemon Jade carts)

A mystery:

Maybe a new favourite:

Also, in case you're also into making Good Fashion Choices, I've recently put these on my wish list:
Holographic fanny pack
Holographic choker
Holographic nail polish :v:
Rainbow short shorts
Candy-coloured parka
Oversized rainbow sweater
WITCH CRAFT hoodie
idk who this anime girl is but this sweater looks cute

I've honestly never had a problem ordering clothes from aliexpress, but I am also very small and don't have very high expectations with regards to their quality. The sweatshirts I've bought are usually plasticky, but the tshirts I've ordered have actually been a lot more comfortable than my usual store-bought ones. I probably wouldn't risk trying to buy pants off aliexpress, though if my legs weren't approximately 10cm long I'd be heavily considering those wide-leg pants Shinmera posted.

I have one of those holographic bumbags and chokers and they're great. I also have the legit version of that Witchcraft hoodie, the oversized hood is awesome on cold days.

I almost exclusively use Born Pretty nail polish these days. Their holo and glitter colours are top notch and super cheap. Honestly, buying clothes and stuff of Aliexpress is fine as long as you understand you get what you pay for. I have a bunch of jackets and leggings that are great given they cost $10 each and would cost four or five times that if I bought them locally.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

im gonna get this tiny 10 in 1 kit

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/APE...iceBeautifyAB=1

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Snowmankilla posted:

I cannot find anything under 13$?

Here's the ones I bought

QSHAVE Adjustable Safety Razor
Traditional Classic Stainless Steel Manual Shaver
Men's Safety Handheld Razor

There were quite a few more when I searched "safety razor". Like I said, not expecting much but if they don't turn to rust instantly then it'll be the bargain of the century.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I got the adjustable one for pike a year now.
It is made of zinc so no rust issues (keep the used blade in a jar of rubbing alcohol).
The adjusting thing makes it easy to start with a not-so-close shave before moving closer.
E: the description says Plated with zinc.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jan 28, 2018

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

my brother got a set of these (in a different color) and they work okay, but they arrived with the lenses pretty scratched up. I think he got a refund for them.

I have them now :twisted:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Are there cheap mounts for using a phone as a static overhead camera on a table? Something with room for lights, maybe.

Yellow Jesus
Jul 18, 2003

Anyone have any experience with jigsaw puzzles from aliexpress? I'd like to order some but i'm kinda worried about missing pieces or lovely quality and the 20$ price tag takes it just outside of 'eh, gently caress it i'll just try' territory

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I move at the end of february and the worst part is having to stop buying poo poo from aliexpress because it won't be here on time.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I move at the end of february and the worst part is having to stop buying poo poo from aliexpress because it won't be here on time.

Postal redirects are fantastic.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I have maybe a 75% success rate with forwarded mail. It's good and well worth the literal one dollar it costs to forward your mail for a year, but I still get stuff delivered to the old address (as evidenced by the ex who still lives there telling me she's got my poo poo).

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
There's currently a high pileup of orders I still wait for but which just don't come, some are getting dangerously close to the window where I have to open a case with aliexpress or it'll be a confirmation timeout. I went investigating and after speaking with one very rude person and a significantly nicer person I found out they're all stuck at german customs, some for over a month. I got an order the other day I made about two weeks ago, that one was from Singapore. (not all aliexpress sellers are Chinese) Apparently I'm not the only one with this experience in my country. I wonder if they're holding back cheap chinese crap on purpose, many shops here sell the same cheap chinese crap, just for 3x the price. (and with VAT, of course)

Interesting info, if the <thing> doesn't arrive until the order timeouts, aliexpress will always refund you the money, no matter if it's still actively in transit (and trackable) or not. I'm not going to take advantage of that because I don't want to gently caress with the sellers too much for 2-3 euros on avg. but it's good to know.

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jan 28, 2018

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
I have a sort-of related question. I ordered some stuff last year that didn't arrive and there was zero tracking info so I disputed and Ali refunded me over the seller's strong objections. It just arrived, 8 months from the order date, along with a confirmation email from the seller. Should I let Ali know so they can return the refund? Let the seller do it? I don't know the etiquette here.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I have maybe a 75% success rate with forwarded mail. It's good and well worth the literal one dollar it costs to forward your mail for a year, but I still get stuff delivered to the old address (as evidenced by the ex who still lives there telling me she's got my poo poo).

The gently caress?

When I moved I was just like gently caress it, nothing anyone sends me is worth that much. :canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

For the Arizona Green Tea fanatic
I don't like DBZ but I would buy this shirt