Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Knobb Manwich posted:

I don't think he got over it

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Using the context of his life today to scream GET OVER IT at us illustrates how cornered he is by the facts. When you can no longer muddle the argument, that's all that's left. The 'why don't they just go away' generation will pass and hopefully we'll get some sanity into the discussion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Starshark posted:

First, you have to explain to a politician that mass transport is a means for the economy to grow, it's not a business in itself. I'll come back when you've done that.

I'll ring my mate, he's a member of Parliament. Wrong state though. But I can explain it to him if you like?

Are you back now? He understands the principles behind investing in the nation and the people, but he thinks it's a hard sell because he's stuck in a constant political cycle.

If only we had some sort of team of people, people with expert knowledge who existed across multiple terms of government. Some sort of public workforce who could advise and build things over years, decades even. Some sort of service to the public.

A loving public service.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

She's a trust fund child wet Liberal who believes that her particular brand of conservative second wave feminism is the only right one

really, you want to do this again?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Hobo Erotica posted:

State the facts in evidence? Sure

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Schlesische posted:

a) The French and Dutch had tried landing in Australia; they thought the land was absolute poo poo and not worth anything.

WA, eternal worst state.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

State the facts in evidence? Sure

go on then, state some facts as evidence which shows she believes that her particular brand of conservative second wave feminism is the only right one

better yet, find something better to do than winding me up with low effort trolls goddamn it.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Krabboss posted:

It's cool to have so little self awareness that you can't see that being friends with the far right and being criticized by the left probably means you're not particularly left wing.

This is totally a thing among right wing people who just assume their views are “the norm” and therefore automatically in the sensible centre.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
:siren:10.30am at Parliament House, Brisgoons:siren:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hobo Erotica posted:

better yet, find something better to do than winding me up with low effort trolls goddamn it.

It's not about you Hobo

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

Hobo Erotica posted:

The Mia Freedman respecter has logged on.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Hobo Erotica posted:

go on then, state some facts as evidence which shows she believes that her particular brand of conservative second wave feminism is the only right one

MysticalMachineGun posted:

It's not about you Hobo

Infact shut up and stop cheerleading that awful woman, Hobo.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Sludge Tank posted:

Was that when that guys head got cut off?

You mean the cleaner that got decapitated by the line? Yes it is.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Hobo Erotica posted:

shut the gently caress up

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Mia Freedman union busts so she is literally the same level as any other money grubbing Liberal tool.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

whoever red-texted JBP better also be vegetarian/vegan

just like lol

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Recoome posted:

just like lol

it also misses the point, he wasn’t a cockhead, he was taking the heads off cocks

Octopoon
Jan 22, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
there was a time in my life when i loved mia freedman. it was when i was about 10. at the time she hadn't yet gone full mia and she, danny katz and mark dapin were my favourite things about the weekend newspapers, and because they were all jewish it meant a lot to me. but now mia, like israel, brings me only sorrow with her words and deeds

Octopoon
Jan 22, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
actually i was about 12 iirc. 2001-2006 were a proud time of my life

Octopoon
Jan 22, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
i was so young and i thought that we were winning

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Recoome posted:

just like lol

Yes, red-text buyer, are workers in those sort of industries never meant to take industrial actions for animals that would end up dead anyway? It's callous but it's true.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Just maybe the meat industry is completely hosed up or something?

e. also almost all other animal product industries.

Zenithe fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jan 26, 2018

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Zenithe posted:

yes

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Zenithe posted:

Well, yeah

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Happy Australia Day, Auspollers!

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah, I make a conscious effort to buy meat from places that raise their animals better (like the farm near here that I drive past and see their cattle all the time and free range chicken and stuff) but drat I can’t wait for the day that they can make meat in a lab instead.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Krabboss posted:

The Mia Freedman respecter has logged on.

I'm the one who literally just asked for evidence to support a claim about someone's beliefs. Judging by the responses, there isn't any. Good job auspol.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lmao is this custom text unironic?

E: I wonder if they read the link and the other media attached to it about dead humans and systematic abuse of immigrants and sided with the chickens lol.

JBP fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 26, 2018

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Yes, red-text buyer, are workers in those sort of industries never meant to take industrial actions for animals that would end up dead anyway? It's callous but it's true.

Part of the claim would have seen the animals treated better since there were demands to update the line and kill them more cleanly, mainly to prevent back up killers being overworked and make it easier for the hangers to not end up covered in scratches and chicken piss.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

People are idiots JBP

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

JBP posted:

Part of the claim would have seen the animals treated better since there were demands to update the line and kill them more cleanly, mainly to prevent back up killers being overworked and make it easier for the hangers to not end up covered in scratches and chicken piss.

I'm super glad you were able to make the industrialised production and slaughter of creatures living and dying in horrible conditions marginally better!

And to think it only cost 250000 chickens suffocating to death :thumbsup:

Zenithe fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jan 26, 2018

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Australian apathy is an concept promoted by Marxist council committees to diminish the importance of Australia Day and erode cultural and racial ties to this nation.
Negative tropes like this not caring when the date occurs or forgetting the 2nd verse of the Australian Anthem is designed to create humorous but shallow and superficial Australian cultural touchstones that can be easily asbumed by a growing migrant populace.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Zenithe posted:

I'm super glad you were able to make the industrialised production and slaughter of creatures living and dying in horrible conditions marginally better!

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-opinion/rare-victory-for-workers-whose-dignity-was-cut-to-the-bone-20111124-1nwwj.html

"Victoria's Agriculture Minister, Peter Walsh, condemned the strike, saying the picketers were ''putting animal welfare at risk'' and ''causing hip pocket pain for growers''.

This twisted neo-liberal logic, in which animal welfare and the economic interests of farmers are more important than the lives of people, such as Sarel Singh and his workmates, is difficult to comprehend."

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

lmao somebody paid lowtax some money for that JBP red text

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Won’t someone please think of the chickens

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Zenithe posted:

Found the Greens NSW Member

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Red text buyer how many chickens = a human life?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm gonna go with infinite chickens on my end.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
https://mobile.twitter.com/burgerdrome/status/955915616409477120

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
really should have paid for two hundred and fifty thousand little air-conditioned motel rooms while you went on strike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Where tf they getting the 24% figure from?

• Locked thread