Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Considering Protect is ubiquitous is party play it seems like a no brainer to remove it (or make it do what it does in PVP like already mentioned) and just up everyone's defense across the board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

quote:

*Eureka system will be totally different from POTD, it will be a completely new system. It will be mostly "fields" (like diadem). Once you enter Eureka you can join up with parties there, you don't necessarily need to be with the party you queued up with. You will need to level "from the start" like before because you cannot attack until your elemental level is 1. Once you hit level 6 there will be a death penalty. This means that if you die you will lose EXP unless you get a raise, if you teleport to start point you will lose exp.

*yoshida comments how Eureka is a lot like old timey video game systems, particularly FFXI 😒

*FFXI players will apparently enjoy Byakko more than those who didn't play it

hobbesmaster posted:

Eureka seems to be the result of a FFXI fan’s monkey paw

only thing im happy about is the last sentence about byakko

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

cheetah7071 posted:

PvP protect is a targeted rampart iirc so that's a thing they could do.

Turns it into a actual useful skill. Probably need to bump the power up to make it better than palisade, or make it magic -20% since palisade is physical -20%

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Protect is the thing I hate most about healing.

I had a whiny red mage in an Exdeath normal once who died and spent the whole fight asking for protect after he was rezzed. I didn't have it slotted after the opening cast because I wanted Esuna for Doom (though admittedly having Selene out to start is a better choice and I COULD have kept Protect), and the other healer didn't say anything, but all fight long "OMG PROTECT PLZ!"

Like, you're a RDM, Verrelax.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

Eureka seems to be the result of a FFXI fan’s monkey paw
my wish came true

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

I'm just looking forward to having a relic hunt for RDM and SAM, honestly; I've spent most of my time these last few months grabbing them up for some of my other jobs and they pair well with Netflix.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

There are healer usability changes coming in 4.2. If the only usability change is not needing to deal with that nonsense, I'd be happy.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Wait where are the new hairstyles

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Xun posted:

Wait where are the new hairstyles

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/patch/4_2

Right at the bottom of the page.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
fascinating that we don't have flash lynch mobs forming against non-fister-roboto posters who admit to not protecting

faptown
Dec 6, 2008
Delete protect.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
2 things I would like then to stop doing -

1 - Using potatoes to model gear in preview images. Put it on a real race so we can actually see the detail of the set

2 - Making all healer gear white. Totally get white mages but SCH/AST have no proclivity to the color white.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Mordiceius posted:

1 - Using potatoes to model gear in preview images. Put it on a real race so we can actually see the detail of the set

2 - Making all healer gear white. Totally get white mages but SCH/AST have no proclivity to the color white.

1 Will never stop happening because as long as they're a race their model is different enough that they have to preview something with it so everyone can get an idea of how stuff looks when that small.

Unlike Roegs where they can substitute a max height hyur/elezen sometimes and you still get the general idea.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Mordiceius posted:

Absolutely unacceptable

But I agree with the white healer robes thung, its getting a little absurd

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

1. They use every race. and mix the class combos up every now and then.

2. A lot of gear can be dyed these days and of the SB sets so far:

Ala Mhigan (310) - Black with white accents, dyes well.
Skallic (315) - White with red trim, dyes well.
Genta (320) - Grey / metallic (cannot dye)
Indigo Ramie (320) - default white (same model as a 24 man set) but dyes well.
Lost Allagan (330) - White with black/gold accents (cannot dye)

And then the Augmented / Genji versions of the last couple also dye well. It doesn't seem as bad as you're making it out, to me at least, since most of it can be dyed compared to past expansions. Unlike say, the Far Eastern Noble's Robe which is white and loses secondary colors when dyed, and none of the dyes look anything like the dye you're applying.

nuru fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jan 25, 2018

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

EponymousMrYar posted:

1 Will never stop happening because as long as they're a race their model is different enough that they have to preview something with it so everyone can get an idea of how stuff looks when that small.

Unlike Roegs where they can substitute a max height hyur/elezen sometimes and you still get the general idea.

Doesn’t work quite so well with roegadudes, though.

Show me how my giant blue beefsteak will mangle your haute couture, Squeenix. I dare you.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Can we keep Protect as an emote that doesn't take up a skill slot? I think the shields popping into place looks cool.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

men·dac·i·ty
menˈdasədē
noun
untruthfulness.
"people publicly castigated for past mendacity"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I wish they would add curly and frizzy hair instead of just more anime hair

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
1. Esuna baseline for all healers
2. Delete the current protect:
3. Make Protect & Shell new healer role actions where both work like protect does in pvp, for physical and magic damage respectively

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Pay me, Yoshida

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I didn't try to keep track of magic vs physical damage as a blm back when manaward and wall were two separate things and I'm sure as heck not about to start doing it as a healer

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yeah is being punched by a rock physical damage or earth damage?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
It's magical damage, obviously.

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's magical damage, obviously.

Unaspected.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Yeah if there's one thing this game needs more of it's 2 different abilities that do the exact same thing, but only for a specific damage type.

Wait did I say more of? I meant less.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'd be fine with more magic/physical focus if the game communicated in any loving way whatsoever what was physical or magical.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

I'd be fine with more magic/physical focus if the game communicated in any loving way whatsoever what was physical or magical.

That wouldn't be very final fantasy like now would it!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I already never use Troubadour because gently caress guessing especially due to the fact that I have to be in the right loving stance for it

There's one that works well for either situation, yeah, but that's also the one that can kill everyone if you use it wrong in Savage!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

men·dac·i·ty
menˈdasədē
noun
untruthfulness.
"people publicly castigated for past mendacity"

I, for one, look forward to collecting my Tomestones of Lies.

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jan 26, 2018

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Leofish posted:

I, for one, look forward to collecting my Tomestones of Lies.

It's good that the ancient Allagan empire created an entire tomestone type just to store untruthful things, since that means you know the data in every other tomestone is 100% accurate and honest!

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

Turns it into a actual useful skill. Probably need to bump the power up to make it better than palisade, or make it magic -20% since palisade is physical -20%

You've just made Apocatastasis.

Arist posted:

I already never use Troubadour because gently caress guessing especially due to the fact that I have to be in the right loving stance for it

There's one that works well for either situation, yeah, but that's also the one that can kill everyone if you use it wrong in Savage!

Aside from guessing whats magical and physical on new stuff, it's actually pretty easy to use Troubadour. You can use it any time during your current song, and it'll still last 30 seconds. You have almost up to a minute for the right buff/hp increase. It's duration is it's key thing.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm a bad who doesn't memorize fights

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
At the very least, you should be using it for Leviathan Extreme along with Second Wind. So you can just ignore the second tidal wave and kill your DPS WT pubbies that don't end up with over 42k HP from Ballad Troubadour, but you keep your own DPS rolling strong.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 26, 2018

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
gently caress more defense healer role actions give me ruin 2.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
A true hime haircut is my everything.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

What if I use magic to throw a rock?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Azubah posted:

Is it a magic rock or a real rock?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Leofish posted:

Is it a magic rock or a real rock?

Does a physical rock touched my magic become magic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Azubah posted:

yoship squire class when