Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

tsob posted:

I don't really get what you're saying here. Cutting the lowest paid people will mean they go from a poo poo wage to no wage at all, and the only people who'll get any kind of raise out of it will almost certainly be the upper management since they'll be rewarded for saving money by getting some of it as a wage increase or bonus. The average wage of those remaining might go up, but no-one's actual pay will change; just the average the company pays since the number of employees will have changed. How is that a good thing?

Presumably those people can get better jobs in some other industry. At a minimum it will stop people complaining about anime industry working conditions in Western fan communities

Waffleman_ posted:

Ah yes, the solution to low pay in the anime industry is to loving fire everyone who is getting low pay.

Pretty much, yeah, although it will take more the form of them just not being able to find enough people willing to do the work at that pay over time than them actually firing anybody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
if we dont get french fry elf anime in 2018, What Are We Doing

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Skilled teaser? More like Master Flirt. That VA (Megumin!) does a really good job with it.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Expect My Mom posted:

I thought somebody said that, by 2030, all Anime would be Symphogear. Getting really mixed signals here, EMM! :colbert:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

icantfindaname posted:

Presumably those people can get better jobs in some other industry. At a minimum it will stop people complaining about anime industry working conditions in Western fan communities

I’m sorry, but they asked for good things, not people being forced out of doing what they love and “oh I might not have to hear people complain on the internet” yes you do, it’s the internet

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Expect My Mom posted:

I found a volume of this at the book store last time I was browsing and I had to really take some time to figure out what the hell was going on in there thematically. I just saw a girl with fries on the cover, then noticed she had long ears and thought wait is this not just another girl-eating manga? Those are drat prolific these days, but now they're blending more and more with the isekai.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's a manga for people who want to gently caress chubby girls

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it's just a cheesecake manga for people who like bigger anime women and also the women are elves and orcs and stuff

e:

Endorph posted:

yeah this

animate it please

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

icantfindaname posted:

jesus

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Special 3-episode test of Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san, summarized in about two minutes.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

icantfindaname posted:

What the gently caress

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Imagine, engaging with that post when you could be watching Yurucamp

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

AnacondaHL posted:

Special 3-episode test of Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san, summarized in about two minutes.

Yeah, you know this show would fall apart entirely if it wasn't completely obvious that (is this really a spoiler?) she loves him. But since that is the case I find it pretty charming.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Agronox posted:

Yeah, you know this show would fall apart entirely if it wasn't completely obvious that (is this really a spoiler?) she loves him. But since that is the case I find it pretty charming.

They're a cute couple. It's a nice progression when they're constantly having competitions that he stops thinking of it as outside the norm that he hangs out with her all the time

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Allarion posted:

They're a cute couple. It's a nice progression when they're constantly having competitions that he stops thinking of it as outside the norm that he hangs out with her all the time

Yes, very cute. And also I kinda hope this goes for the completely obvious ending with the way he can finally embarrass her in episode 12 or whenever.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

i'm probably the only person on the whole board who's watching it, but Zoku Touken Ranbu Hanamaru is off to a promising start, at least based on the first episode. yasusada is off on a journey, training up to become buff, and so kashuu feels lonely. hopefully they bring him back at some point...

the OP is not as ridiculously adorable as the first season's OP but it's still very cute.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I found a volume of this at the book store last time I was browsing and I had to really take some time to figure out what the hell was going on in there thematically. I just saw a girl with fries on the cover, then noticed she had long ears and thought wait is this not just another girl-eating manga? Those are drat prolific these days, but now they're blending more and more with the isekai.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

VostokProgram posted:

i'm probably the only person on the whole board who's watching it, but Zoku Touken Ranbu Hanamaru is off to a promising start, at least based on the first episode. yasusada is off on a journey, training up to become buff, and so kashuu feels lonely. hopefully they bring him back at some point...

the OP is not as ridiculously adorable as the first season's OP but it's still very cute.

It's a very cute commercial, but there is not nearly enough Hasebe(and especially Nagasone considering they share VAs) for my tastes

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
When's Midare and the one cute femmey couple I forget the name of

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

DisDisDis posted:

You're honestly going to need to be more specific
Do you remember what they looked like?

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

DisDisDis posted:

midare will appear when your avatar is decensored and not a moment sooner

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

these two

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
You have to pay ten bucks to free my boobs

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

the red one is kashuu kiyomitsu and the blue one is yamatonokami yasusada. they're brothers, and as of the start of season 2 yasusada has departed to get stronk

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

also its insanely hosed up that you forgot that kiyomitsu is my favorite, shame on you

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Blue has gone on a journey to find himself and will probably be back in a few eps

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

VostokProgram posted:

they're brothers

awkward...........................................................................................................

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

incest fan dis

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Endorph posted:

Oh I know, those are also becoming more and more popular in Japan and it's kind of the best thing. I am just consistently impressed by how they keep finding new ways to tell that particular story.

Agreed, but they don't even have to be elves.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

also if you liked their interactions you should definitely watch season 1 because a big part of the overarching story is their relationship with each other and with their former master

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
post the other cute femmey couples

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Those two are good

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Knorth posted:

Those two are good

knorth you better watch season 2. im gonna quiz you on it at the end of the season

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Oh dear

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
What are you watching this season Vostok?

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Knorth posted:

What are you watching this season Vostok?

new cardcaptor sakura, darling in the franxx, idolish 7, sanrio boys, violet evergarden, devilman crybaby, and of course hanamaru. not sure how many of these i'll stick with yet. have you any suggestions for me, knorth?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Koi wa Ameagari

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

VostokProgram posted:

new cardcaptor sakura, darling in the franxx, idolish 7, sanrio boys, violet evergarden, devilman crybaby, and of course hanamaru. not sure how many of these i'll stick with yet. have you any suggestions for me, knorth?

Terper posted:

Koi wa Ameagari

This, basically

Try out Yurucamp sometime if you feel like some very charming and goofy outdoors-ing and Sora Yori has been great so far too, they're gunna get to Antarctica and meet penguins!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
That's a lot of anime though, so godspeed

• Locked thread