Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

JawKnee posted:

apparently it's okay to sexually harass women because if you're hot they'll do it to you too, I pinky swear

I dont think this is ok at all. Full stop.

Guys like Fehr should lose their jobs and be blackballed from any decent jobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

JawKnee posted:

apparently it's okay to sexually harass women because if you're hot they'll do it to you too, I pinky swear

You could make it easier by plying her with your favourite craft beer. What would you recommend for a slightly humid, vinyl-smelling cube farm?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

infernal machines posted:

I always just assume that's accidental.

you sly dog

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

flakeloaf posted:

You could make it easier by plying her with your favourite craft beer. What would you recommend for a slightly humid, vinyl-smelling cube farm?

definitely something that cuts through the cheese smell

a good Kolsch would do the trick, or maybe an altbier.

but what do I know, I just happen to think that societal differences matter in terms of social interaction and power-relations, so obviously I'm an ugly basement dweller who never had to even speak to a hu-mon fee-male before

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

patonthebach posted:

Anyone that doesnt work in IT and has actually has women in the office, you never have had a female coworker comment on your body, what they would do to you if you werent married, your smell that day, etc?

Maybe I haven't been sticking up for myself enough in my professional experience. This has been done dozens of times to me. In multiple offices. I dont appreciate it and it always made me feel sick.

Don't answer if you're not comfortable giving this thread more info than absolutely necessary, but what industry do you work in?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

patonthebach posted:

I dont think this is ok at all. Full stop.

Guys like Fehr should lose their jobs and be blackballed from any decent jobs.

Woah hey Eric Fehr did nothing wrong the Leafs just wronged him.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

JawKnee posted:

you're such a loving goof

Did you intend to call him a child molester? Because you just did.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

B33rChiller posted:

No one in Canada calls child molesters goofs, hth

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Don't answer if you're not comfortable giving this thread more info than absolutely necessary, but what industry do you work in?

Considering what you guys did to Bunny at LPC.

But how about Insurance? It seems to be way more accepted in an office where 50-75% of the floor is female. Its super common if you have a group of 20 something guys who are social and 40-50 something women who dont have a filter.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I had heard staffers discussing Patrick Brown loving interns in stairwells and his office going back to at least 2013 and I’m only connected to those circles casually. This was only slightly less open than Peter Stoffer’s drinking. I think if it comes out that the Federal and Provincial Parties knew this, and were leveraging him or covering it up, things will get much worse.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

B33rChiller posted:

nah

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

vyelkin posted:

I remember the sleazy nightclub pictures that look like he had about one second to transition from hitting on teenagers to posing for a photo, but I don't remember anything more specific than that.

I’ve seen it firsthand at the Queens. I don’t think anyone over 30 drinks there in the first place.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

If you watched Mad Men and thought those office dynamics were perfect for you, you could try moving to South Korea where the typical salaryman works 50 odd hours and drinks twice as much as an average Russian.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Frosted Flake posted:

I had heard staffers discussing Patrick Brown loving interns in stairwells and his office going back to at least 2013 and I’m only connected to those circles casually. This was only slightly less open than Peter Stoffer’s drinking. I think if it comes out that the Federal and Provincial Parties knew this, and were leveraging him or covering it up, things will get much worse.

I got the impression things were going to get much worse when I saw just how quickly people bailed on him.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
The guy's entire career dissolved over a few hours. That doesn't usually happen unless poo poo is very hosed.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
If a woman told me I smelled nice in an elevator, I'd be slightly weirded out but also get a nice ego boost, because I know nothing would come of it.

If I told a woman she smelled nice in an elevator, she would be uncomfortable and scared because she has no idea what could come of it.

The equation shifts when there is a power imbalance involved obviously, but if we are talking about 2 work equals making the same "harmless joke/flirt" its not the same when it goes woman -> man vs man -> woman for most people.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

The Butcher posted:

If a woman told me I smelled nice in an elevator, I'd be slightly weirded out but also get a nice ego boost, because I know nothing would come of it.

If I told a woman she smelled nice in an elevator, she would be uncomfortable and scared because she has no idea what could come of it.

The equation shifts when there is a power imbalance involved obviously, but if we are talking about 2 work equals making the same "harmless joke/flirt" its not the same when it goes woman -> man vs man -> woman for most people.

Agreed.

The guy's entire career dissolved over a few hours. That doesn't usually happen unless poo poo is very hosed.

This is good. The only problem here is in ontario politics where now the libs in ontario will somehow get re-elected and continue ruining the province for another couple of years. I dont think the NDP have it in them to win this election

Even when you have moderates who alternate their votes between CPC and LPC, most of them might end up voting NDP. But there a ton of old men who vote CPC and will just keep doing that. Libs are going to win ontario after being some of the worst leaders possible for the past 10 years.

patonthebach fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jan 26, 2018

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

patonthebach posted:

I dont think the NDP have it in them to win this election

They do not.

As a resident of Toronto my only hope is that this somehow draws Doug Ford back into the fray to duke it out for leadership, getting him the hell out of the Toronto municipal elections.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

They do not.

As a resident of Toronto my only hope is that this somehow draws Doug Ford back into the fray to duke it out for leadership, getting him the hell out of the Toronto municipal elections.

I need this in my life.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

patonthebach posted:

Anyone that doesnt work in IT and has actually has women in the office, you never have had a female coworker comment on your body, what they would do to you if you werent married, your smell that day, etc?

In case you were actually serious, I work in academia and while senior academic staff are mostly male, admin staff are mostly female and postdocs/grad students are nearly balanced. What you are describing is not normal at all and is a sign of serious dysfunction if it's a regular and accepted occurance.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Frosted Flake posted:

I’ve seen it firsthand at the Queens. I don’t think anyone over 30 drinks there in the first place.

At least it wasn't at The Roxx

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

^^^ e: Holy :lol:

Frosted Flake posted:

He had also been seen at The Roxx so...

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

eXXon posted:

In case you were actually serious, I work in academia and while senior academic staff are mostly male, admin staff are mostly female and postdocs/grad students are nearly balanced. What you are describing is not normal at all and is a sign of serious dysfunction if it's a regular and accepted occurance.

Ya I work in design where most people in marketing, accounting, support and project management are female and most of the project designers and fabricators are male and lol that poo poo doesn't happen without a very quick and to the point HR meeting.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Furnaceface posted:

^^^ e: Holy :lol:

He had also been seen at The Roxx so...

Yeah ok lock him up

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I’m just surprised it took this long, or he got as far as he did in provincial politics. I thought it was known that his “indiscretions” were why he left Federal politics.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

I’m just surprised it took this long, or he got as far as he did in provincial politics. I thought it was known that his “indiscretions” were why he left Federal politics.

Evidently no one in the OPC considered that this might be an issue, which, you know, bodes well for their ability to govern.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

patonthebach posted:

what they would do to you if you werent married,

How many jobs have you had, fam? Because I have worked in numerous environments with different mixes (majority men/majority women/roughly equal) and this poo poo is not remotely normal

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

patonthebach posted:

Sexual assault is rape so I have no clue what you are talking about.

Well you're right about the second part.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Evidently no one in the OPC considered that this might be an issue, which, you know, bodes well for their ability to govern.

Except for Christine Elliott, one more reason to be salty she lost

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
The PCs still have a lot of money and got a big surge in memberships in the last year. If they choose the right leader and have a run of good luck I wouldn't rule their chances out yet.

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity
What's up with the ONDP keeping Horwath as leader?

Someone mentioned her loyalists running discontents out of the party, but surely there has to be someone who could inspire?

Right?

Guys?

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
The last NDP provincial convention (as well as the riding meeting I was at preceding the convention) had party officials offering a lot of contrition and mea culpas over Horwath's performance. She very visibly switched up advisers, gave a big speech about lessons learned, and promised to do better. In the back of everyone's mind was the approaching federal election which the NDP actually thought it might win. She also allegedly brought in buses of her own supporters to ensure she wouldn't perform poorly on the vote evaluating her leadership and while I've seen people do poo poo like that before I don't have any specific evidence that Horwath did it. Either way she was able to hold on to power.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Forum (lol) did a post patrick poll

quote:

Overall, PC support is unchanged

If an election were held today, the PCs would receive support from more than 4 in 10 (42%), the Liberals at one-quarter (27%), and the NDP at one quarter (23%). Few (6%) would support either the Green Party or another party (2%).

Respondents most likely to say they would vote PC include those aged 45-54 (51%), males (49%), living in Eastern Ontario (44%) or the 905 (46%).

Respondents most likely to say they would vote Liberal include those aged 35-44 (34%), females (30%), and living in Toronto (36%).

Respondents most likely to say they will vote NDP include those aged 34 or younger (28%) and living in Northern Ontario (30%).

http://poll.forumresearch.com/post/2821/patrick-brown-resigns-january-2017

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Forum (lol) did a post patrick poll

And people are shy about saying they will vote Lib in Ontario right now, not to mention Libs are better at campaigning.Its going to be a lot closer then it seems there. LPC gonna win Ontario again. Province is hosed. Its too bad the NDP is incompetent at getting elected.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

zapplez posted:

And people are shy about saying they will vote Lib in Ontario right now, not to mention Libs are better at campaigning.Its going to be a lot closer then it seems there. LPC gonna win Ontario again. Province is hosed. Its too bad the NDP is incompetent at getting elected.

I've been calling a Lib minority for at least a year. People seem to hate Wynne but the OPC are a bunch of clowns. Their only brand is spite.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

The Butcher posted:

Nice :biotruths: human being.

That woman could overpower and rape the poo poo outta you and indicating otherwise is sexist.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Why exactly do opposition parties not have a deputy premier for situations like this :confused:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

eXXon posted:

Yeah same my academic workplace has a ton of women and men in it at all levels of the hierarchy and no one would tolerate any of the stuff patontheback has been describing as common in his workplace.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Lmao Lisa MacLoed just lit up the OPC live on TV

https://www.twitter.com/CP24/status/956894494192033793

But I'm sure he OPC have a better chance without Brown at the helm lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Math You posted:

Nice :biotruths: human being.

That woman could overpower and rape the poo poo outta you and indicating otherwise is sexist.

What