Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Barudak posted:

My last name is extremely commonly misread into being something weirdly sexual* unlike this pissbaby who just has part of his name be dirty and wont go to a courthouse and pay a small fee to change his last name.

*My perverse thrill in life is correcting people who make this mistake with “Why did you pronounce it this way?” and suddenly theyre both mortified at saying it wrong and for me implying I now consider them a sexual deviant. Its basically an unequalled power move in a business setting.

Nice to meet you, Mr Rimme.

Edit: here's a dogs:

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jan 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Skutter posted:

This guy is a huge piece of poo poo:

Oh yeah, she owes that fucker nothing. No bereavement period, just loving leave, immediately.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Skutter posted:

What is the code for the “start killing people” emote? Because that sums up my opinion on this poo poo.

That or just start burning down his life. She’s gotta have the dirt and he’s earned it.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
My buddy married this girl he had been dating for over 5 years and let her quit her job so they could have kids. The kids never materialized but she got really into church with a bunch of other stay-at-home do-nothing kept women and he ended up having to divorce her. By the end she was calling all of his friends like me heathens and poo poo. Some people just snap.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

new phone who dis posted:

My buddy married this girl he had been dating for over 5 years and let her quit her job so they could have kids. The kids never materialized but she got really into church with a bunch of other stay-at-home do-nothing kept women and he ended up having to divorce her. By the end she was calling all of his friends like me heathens and poo poo. Some people just snap.
ugg this should be grounds for annulment

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

ugg this should be grounds for annulment

The divorce was pretty drawn out, too. Her dad had a lot of money so she offered to pay for the completion of my buddy's college if he went to the religious school of her choosing and took religious electives so they could talk about that type of thing and he did it. In the end it just made everyone miserable.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

Hah that would make sense. You have to add letters that arent there and move the vowels around to do it but it happens so consistently that Ive had time to practice and perfect my response.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Midnight Voyager posted:

I mean, I get that as context for why he can't take her along. because, you know, she'd drown. Like "man, I love being an olympic gymnast, but my SO can't do flips with me, so she feels excluded" would be a weird thing to have to say.

Oh, I understand, I'm just rolling my eyes at the completely unnecessary claim to being in the elite of the elite.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Bamabalacha posted:

I don’t know why, but I need to know which character that boyfriend is obsessing over.

Of others in this thread are correct about it being the Magicians, I'm gonna guess it's Elliott wife.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Clark Nova posted:

Oh yeah, she owes that fucker nothing. No bereavement period, just loving leave, immediately.

She should defile something he holds closely on the way out.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

tactlessbastard posted:

She should defile something he holds closely on the way out.

If there was ever a time for a good screaming rage-masturbation sesh, it's now. Does he have any pictures of his dad and stepmom in the house that she could clutch in one hand during the act?

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

tactlessbastard posted:

Oh, I understand, I'm just rolling my eyes at the completely unnecessary claim to being in the elite of the elite.

Not only is he cream of the crop, he wants to make sure she knows it. And if she finds a time-consuming hobby that requires the participation of the two of them, he'll be either resentful as hell or driven to be so good he makes her look bad.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Skutter posted:

lol wow this guy can go die right in a fire

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Beachcomber posted:

One of my divorced aunts started seeimg a guy with the last name of Rimmer. I can't help but silently laugh about it every time I see them together.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

LethalGeek posted:

lol wow this guy can go die right in a fire

I was sort of casual friends with a guy who was dating this amazing lady. He was a little odd, it was known he was a christian and went to church and poo poo but most people didn't hold it against him. She wasn't religious at all but her family was jewish. They dated for over a year but he finally dumped her because it was apparently all a long plot to bring her over to christ. Converting a jew was some holy mission he thought god had given him and he was giving monthly updates to his church on his progress. When he ramped the pressure up she had to nicely tell him that she doesn't mind that he goes to church and believes in god and poo poo, but she doesn't, and she certainly isn't going to have a big official baptism and be paraded around his church as some conversion trophy. He dumped her immediately but kept up contact always reminding her that if she converts he'd forgive her and take her back. He also had a whole thing about how as a jew she should feel guilty for killing christ and by becoming a baptist she could finally wash the blood off her hands.

He correctly lost most of his non-church friends over this.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib

Baronjutter posted:

I was sort of casual friends with a guy who was dating this amazing lady. He was a little odd, it was known he was a christian and went to church and poo poo but most people didn't hold it against him. She wasn't religious at all but her family was jewish. They dated for over a year but he finally dumped her because it was apparently all a long plot to bring her over to christ. Converting a jew was some holy mission he thought god had given him and he was giving monthly updates to his church on his progress. When he ramped the pressure up she had to nicely tell him that she doesn't mind that he goes to church and believes in god and poo poo, but she doesn't, and she certainly isn't going to have a big official baptism and be paraded around his church as some conversion trophy. He dumped her immediately but kept up contact always reminding her that if she converts he'd forgive her and take her back. He also had a whole thing about how as a jew she should feel guilty for killing christ and by becoming a baptist she could finally wash the blood off her hands.

He correctly lost most of his non-church friends over this.

I didn't know there are people that gently caress to convert outside of cults.

Maybe it's time to put my judaism to use in getting dates. *coyly bends over exposing star of david tramp stamp*

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
indeed - maybe I should buy banner ads. "sexy jewish singles just waiting to be saved"

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
My wife's cousin got a job teaching in a fairly small town, and as a practicing Catholic, he politely declined the first dozen invitations from his co-workers to renounce his idolatry and join the biggest Baptist church in town. After his boss and the superintendent invited him and he persisted in resisting they made it very clear he should start looking for another job.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

tactlessbastard posted:

My wife's cousin got a job teaching in a fairly small town, and as a practicing Catholic, he politely declined the first dozen invitations from his co-workers to renounce his idolatry and join the biggest Baptist church in town. After his boss and the superintendent invited him and he persisted in resisting they made it very clear he should start looking for another job.

Hey, dude in my story was a Baptist too.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

dudeness posted:

I didn't know there are people that gently caress to convert outside of cults.

Maybe it's time to put my judaism to use in getting dates. *coyly bends over exposing star of david tramp stamp*

I was lonely and depressed in college and this girl in my class happened to start chatting with me when she sat next to me. In a nice story, this would be the start to my eventual recovery through the power of friendship. In reality, the girl invited me to her Jehovah's Witness church. After I told her I went to a non-JW church already, she disengaged and never spoke to me again.

Good to see you really care about your fellow man, bitch.

It felt like when a guy tries to befriend a girl just to gently caress her. Like she saw that I was having a hard time and went "A weakness, I have an in!"

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jan 26, 2018

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

girl pants posted:

No I changed my mind. Stay with him but casually leave Ouija boards, Planned Parenthood leaflets, and tarot cards around the house.

Then convert to Catholicism. :catholic:

The Satanic Temple.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Skutter posted:

I hope this asshat gets run over by a car on the way to church. :killing:

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

indeed - maybe I should buy banner ads. "sexy jewish singles just waiting to be saved"

Here in the deep south it's definitely a thing for hardcore christian girls to go for Jewish guys. Though it's less about converting us and more about getting caught by proxy in their fetishizing of Israel and the rapture / murdering brown people.

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day

girl pants posted:

there's probably a reason why she broke up with him that she now cannot remember because she misses him. i hope they don't get back together.

But then we won't get the inevitable "Got my husband back and now I want to leave again" post.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Antivehicular posted:

This is a Junji Ito short in the making

My brain literally parsed it with the mental image of the guy from The Groaning Drain.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Vargatron posted:

You gotta be busting at least 500lbs to take up two seats on an airplane.

Depends, like a 500 pound guy that's 6'5" will use 2 seats but a 5'3" 500 pound dude is oozing over an entire row like a sad pile of melted butter

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Depends, like a 500 pound guy that's 6'5" will use 2 seats but a 5'3" 500 pound dude is oozing over an entire row like a sad pile of melted butter

Please don't dox me.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Beachcomber posted:

why is that dog making the same face as the psycho girlfriend meme from 2012

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

Whorelord posted:

why is that dog making the same face as the psycho girlfriend meme from 2012

I GLUED MY LEAD TO YOUR HAND SO YOU CAN ALWAYS WALK ME

I [27 F] realized I performed surgery on my new boyfriend [25 M] and he has no idea

quote:

u/throwawaydocgirl

Throwaway account for a reason

I'm a 2nd year resident in a surgical field at a large hospital in a major city.

I met a really cool guy online, we hit it off and went on a bunch of dates and we've been having a ton of fun hanging out.

One thing led to another, and things got sexual and he mentioned that he had gotten circumcised for medical reasons like 6-8 months ago and was kind of embarrassed about it since it still looks like it was recently done. I was like "oh, well, that happens more often than you think..."

Then I suddenly had a flashback based on something he said and realized he was the patient when I helped perform an adult circumcision in that time frame. He was very drugged up at the time and wouldn't have remembered me.

I since went back and looked at records and yes, I helped circumcise him. At first I wasn't sure.

This is one of the largest cities in the US and the odds of this have to be incredibly small.

I'm not sure how this would affect a guy's ego exactly. I've been struggling to figure out how to tell him. On one hand maybe he'd think it's really funny. On the other hand maybe he'd freak out completely. But the longer I go without saying anything the worst this gets.

I was actually going to tell him this weekend, but then he basically asked me if I wanted to be his girlfriend and I was so excited by this that I didn't want to ruin the moment. I haven't had a real boyfriend since sophomore year of college.

So I can't keep this to myself but I'm just not sure how he'd react.

tl;dr: Basically I realized I helped perform my boyfriend's adult circumcised 6-8 months ago but he doesn't know it was me and I'm not sure how he would respond to that.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

girl pants posted:

I [27 F] realized I performed surgery on my new boyfriend [25 M] and he has no idea

Awesome zany sitcom material.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
Tragically, because jokes are illegal on reddit, the comments are full of people arguing about HIPAA.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

girl pants posted:

Honestly this is a pretty good test. If he does anything other than laugh you can get out early

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Take that to the grave. The chance of the dude having a fragile masculinity freakout is too great.

e: ^^^ or yeah, might as well find out about those sort of issues now.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I'm good at art and have low standards, how do I break into the dragon dick drawing market?

Me [30M] found out information about my father [71M] that is really unsettling

quote:

u/Relathr

Simply put my father is sick, he suffered a stroke and is semi paralyzed, cant speak, doesn't understand most thing and so on. He's at home and we take care of him.

That being said my parents were never very affectionate with each other. I don't remember but when I was kid my father was even somewhat aggressive, going as far as hitting my mother. He stopped by the time I was old enough to remember but it's still bad that happened. I knew this though and I was told for years he turned a new leaf and became a better man.

My whole life my father cared about me and my siblings. He was never an affectionate or expressive person. He never went out, never was romantic with my mother. Hell, he barely cared about music or whatever. He just worked and slept, that's it.

I kind of knew he wasn't a great husband given his boring personality and lack of affection but I was surprised at what I heard today. For years my mother said my father doesn't really love her and I've said every time "Mom, you knew it's just his personality. He's old fashioned, boring, etc..." and my mom would let it go.

Today she told me the truth. They had a sexless marriage for 15 years. When I was 15 and younger my dad would go out and my mom would find numbers in his jacket, lipstick on his collar and so on.

My father has always been relatively good to me and I know he loves me but it turns out he genuinely didn't love my mother. She got pregnant and he married her they stayed together 'for the kids'. It's not to say he doesn't have ANY care for her. I know he cares somewhat but I guess he never really wanted to be with her.

It was tough to hear. I'm with him now, keeping him company as he watches TV in his wheelchair but it hurts. It hurts that he hurt my mother. He's completely helpless now, vulnerable. I can't confront him, I can't change the past. I still love him, I just don't know what to do or say. I guess I'm supposed to bury it as I'm only one who knows. My mother never told my siblings. I don't know if I should either. Mother told me not to so I guess I won't but just a little disappointed, hurt and devastated.

I don't know what to tell my mother given the new information, I'm dumbfounded. Help?

tl;dr: My now sick father used to cheat on my mother frequently and I found out now. I don't know how to deal with it or if I should tell anyone. I don't know how to comfort my mother either.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib

girl pants posted:

Me [30M] found out information about my father [71M] that is really unsettling

quote:

It's not to say he doesn't have ANY care for her.

Next time I need some benefit of the doubt i'm calling this guy.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

therobit posted:

One of my divorced aunts started seeimg a guy with the last name of Rimmer. I can't help but silently laugh about it every time I see them together.

What a guy.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

girl pants posted:

someday this person is going to hear about rejection sensitive dysphoria and it's going to change their whole world

poo poo.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Me [33F] with my husband [33M], together 12 years. A crush on a coworker I have never even met in person is driving me to the point of being depressed and I can't seem to get past it. What is wrong with me?

quote:

I know it is normal to have small crushes while in a relationship, it happens from time to time. My relationship with my husband has always been and will always remain my first priority. I adore him and our life together and I would never put myself in a position to cheat on him.

I worked with a man a few weeks ago, that again I have never met in person. He was kind and smart and I found myself looking forward to our meetings about the project we were working on. I immediately realized how I was feeling and made a point to keep all talk strictly professional. In fact, the only non work related items we've spoken about are our spouses.

The project has now been over for a few weeks. I had the opportunity to meet this man at a conference and purposely avoided it, leaving early for my flight to avoid a dinner he would be at. I find myself thinking about him every day and wondering what he's doing. I even catch myself trying to find excuses to reach out to him about that project we worked on, but I stop myself.

What is wrong with me? I love my husband and I don't want to keep thinking about this other dude. Things with my husband are great so I don't even get where this is coming from. I feel so guilty about it that it's making me more depressed. I'm currently in treatment for depression but I'm too embarrassed​ to even talk to my therapist about this.

What can I do? I haven't had a crush like this since I met my husband and I feel lost, confused, and guilty. I just want it to go away.

tl;dr: I have a stupid, baseless crush and don't know how to make it go away. How do I stop?

Update to: Me [33F] with my husband [33M], together 12 years. A crush on a coworker I have never even met in person is driving me to the point of being depressed and I can't seem to get past it. What is wrong with me?

quote:

My feelings have only grown stronger and more overwhelming as I had to resume working with this man. I have now discussed it with my therapist at length and she's not helping. She just says it's normal but it doesn't FEEL normal. Again, still no intention to cheat and completely certain this is one sided, I'm just destroyed by guilt and frankly lovesick. I think about this guy constantly and I absolutely hate it. It has gotten worse the more we interact as our personalities seem to "click." I cannot quit my job for reasons too identifiable to go into.

I have purposely started focusing on the negatives about this guy and it doesn't work, I feel myself falling in love. Even just hearing his voice makes me light up. My attraction to him is overwhelming, and there is not even anything particularly attractive about him! In the looks department my husband is a 10, and this guy is your average chubby 30 year old. Personality-wise, sure he is smart and kind and hilarious, but so is my husband. I cannot comprehend what is happening in my brain. There is NOTHING I am missing at home, no hole to be filled. I've even switched medications because I thought maybe it was affecting things, but nothing has changed.

I know that if I met this guy when we were both single I would have pursued him, but we are not and I have NO INTEREST. Why can't my brain accept it? How do I get past this? I am desperate. I am not afraid I'll be unfaithful, I'm just tired of feeling so miserable and pining for this guy.

TL;DR: Crush has not subsided with time. Need help to make it stop. Any advice appreciated.
The question is - what pheromones is this guy using?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

open the relationsh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Palpek posted:

Me [33F] with my husband [33M], together 12 years. A crush on a coworker I have never even met in person is driving me to the point of being depressed and I can't seem to get past it. What is wrong with me?

Update to: Me [33F] with my husband [33M], together 12 years. A crush on a coworker I have never even met in person is driving me to the point of being depressed and I can't seem to get past it. What is wrong with me?

The question is - what pheromones is this guy using?

Whatever it is, they have to be the good stuff if it works over skype. I need to get me some.