Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Rhyno posted:

Why the gently caress are people posting about BubbRub on facebook and acting like it's a new thing?

What the gently caress is Bubbrub and why should I care....?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

What the gently caress is Bubbrub and why should I care....?

Oh my sweet summer child

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUXow3d3-b0

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Woooo Wooooooo!
2003 was a great year

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Man, I still laugh about that video. That was some prime pre YouTube internet.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Rhyno posted:

That Buick wagon was pretty goddamned neat.

I'm surprised how goddamn big it is. It dwarfs the outback in cargo room in back. I like the looks of it though, even though it's too long to fit in the garage. :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Larrymer posted:

I'm surprised how goddamn big it is. It dwarfs the outback in cargo room in back. I like the looks of it though, even though it's too long to fit in the garage. :(

Yeah it was long as hell. You could probably get an entire fridge in there.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
We have a 4 year old. Watching movies that she will get and won't torture us can be a challenge. The other day my wife suggested Herbie, the last one with Lindsay Lohan. For what it was, it wasn't terrible and Lohan has a rack in it.

Our girl loved it so my wife got all the Herbie movies. There are 5. It turns out Herbie goes to Monte Carlo has a lot of awesome period sports cars tearing up the streets. Yes, a lot of it is speed up film so Herbie can blow a bunch of Italian exotics off the road but still there are a lot of nice cars in it.

I looked up Herbie's love interest in it and someone found one of the cars used in the film and restored it to the character Giselle and put it up for sale. This is from a couple years ago so it's long gone but funny that there was renewed interest in the car.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0516-239571/1976-lancia-scorpion/

e:

Sten Freak fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jan 26, 2018

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Sten Freak posted:

We have a 4 year old. Watching movies that she will get and won't torture us can be a challenge.

I remember those days. I pretty much have every pixar movie memorized.

Sten Freak posted:

Lohan has a rack in it.

Can't remember if it's true, but I remember at the time there were rumors that she was too stacked in that movie and they actually digitally modified her rack in parts to make it less distracting.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sten Freak posted:

We have a 4 year old. Watching movies that she will get and won't torture us can be a challenge. The other day my wife suggested Herbie, the last one with Lindsay Lohan. For what it was, it wasn't terrible and Lohan has a rack in it.

Our girl loved it so my wife got all the Herbie movies. There are 5. It turns out Herbie goes to Monte Carlo has a lot of awesome period sports cars tearing up the streets. Yes, a lot of it is speed up film so Herbie can blow a bunch of Italian exotics off the road but still there are a lot of nice cars in it.

I looked up Herbie's love interest in it and someone found one of the cars used in the film and restored it to the character Giselle and put it up for sale. This is from a couple years ago so it's long gone but funny that there was renewed interest in the car.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0516-239571/1976-lancia-scorpion/

e:

That is cool as heck. May I also suggest anything Pixar? It did the trick when I babysat my sister's almost step daughter.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Rhyno posted:

Why the gently caress are people posting about BubbRub on facebook and acting like it's a new thing?

Because Facebook, I assume.

NAIAS:
I see that Toyota is still going full-bore on the Gaping rear end in a top hat Maw:

edit: oh, it's even worse-looking in the bling model:

Rhyno posted:

That is cool as heck. May I also suggest anything Pixar? It did the trick when I babysat my sister's almost step daughter.

Seconded. The Pixar movies break no new ground in storytelling, but they do what they do in an entertaining way, most of the time.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
Lohan's assets are definitely eye catching. I'd not be surprised if they changed scenes or edited stuff after the first shooting to tame it down a bit.

Yeah we do watch Pixar films and they're typically great. But we wanted to mix it up.

Here are the cars. There are some that would be incredibly collectible today and there's a ton of race time on the screen but it's a goofy, dumb movie.

http://www.imcdb.org/movie_76137-Herbie-goes-to-Monte-Carlo.html

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wait, how old was Lohan when she made that film?

Toyota had some silly custom Camry's on display inspired by famous people. They were dumb but the fun kind of dumb. I think I have some pics but google would be faster. The new Ranger is also cool but it's so drat huge, it's not a small pickup by any physical measure. But a single cab with the short bed might look really good.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Rhyno posted:

Wait, how old was Lohan when she made that film?

Likely 18 when it was made.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I hope so. Otherwise buncha pervs ITT.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Rhyno posted:

The new Ranger is also cool but it's so drat huge, it's not a small pickup by any physical measure. But a single cab with the short bed might look really good.

So, like the Chevy Colorado "small" pickup, then.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
ugh I ate a pizza, then a calzone, followed by a grilled cheese.

3 days of nothing but cheese and now trying to poop is like blowing peanut butter through a straw :gonk:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Darchangel posted:

So, like the Chevy Colorado "small" pickup, then.

Exactly. There was a gorgeously restored Chevy C10 and it was tiny compared to the modern small trucks.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

You should've just edited her wiki page to show DoB as 1990 and left it for him to find on his own.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

3 days of nothing but cheese and now trying to poop is like blowing peanut butter through a straw :gonk:

You did this. Eat something leafy. Or beany.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
So on top of quitting smoking (22 days!) I picked up a fitbit doohicky and have been doing pretty well in hitting 10k steps a day during the week. Walking curbs the cravings pretty well. I'm totally not into fitness at all but over the past 3 days I've been tracking what I eat and holy gently caress. I mean I know it was bad but jfc that large fries I shoved into my facehole last night was 600 calories of just pure poo poo. I know I'll get to the point of eating somewhat better but right now it's just the smoking thing and not sucking back 44oz of Mountain Dew every morning. I'm super lucky I'm a small person in general (5'6 180lbs) and it didn't get too bad so there's that but really I need to dump 30ish pounds from this beer gut at some point this year. I'm tired of feeling like poo poo.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

gnarlydumps4u

speaking of dumps, the flusher handle broke on my toilet and i'm considering getting a whole new toilet instead of fixing it :v:

i already wanted a newer one anyway, stupid small bowl toilets are the worst

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

So on top of quitting smoking (22 days!) I picked up a fitbit doohicky and have been doing pretty well in hitting 10k steps a day during the week. Walking curbs the cravings pretty well. I'm totally not into fitness at all but over the past 3 days I've been tracking what I eat and holy gently caress. I mean I know it was bad but jfc that large fries I shoved into my facehole last night was 600 calories of just pure poo poo. I know I'll get to the point of eating somewhat better but right now it's just the smoking thing and not sucking back 44oz of Mountain Dew every morning. I'm super lucky I'm a small person in general (5'6 180lbs) and it didn't get too bad so there's that but really I need to dump 30ish pounds from this beer gut at some point this year. I'm tired of feeling like poo poo.

You got this. Set a calorie limit per day and do everything you can to stay under it.

Cardio cardio cardio. Every day. Try to do some light weight work 3 days a week as well. Drink a gallon of water every day.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

BraveUlysses posted:

God, this. The one in my apartment is godawful, especially for a tall guy like me.

I once clogged it by tossing in one (1) paper towel that I'd blown my nose with.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

BraveUlysses posted:

The new house came with tiny toilets, I bought new ones on the way to the closing so they could be replaced immediately.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Enourmo posted:

I once clogged it by tossing in one (1) paper towel that I'd blown my nose with.
the russians used an outhouse

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Darchangel posted:

I see that Toyota is still going full-bore on the Gaping rear end in a top hat Maw:

edit: oh, it's even worse-looking in the bling model:

If it had an 800hp Demon motor in it, possibly, but on a Camry that's going to be ubiquitous, it's just horrendously bad.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

the russians used an outhouse

Shitter's frozen again ma

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

BraveUlysses posted:

gnarlydumps4u

speaking of dumps, the flusher handle broke on my toilet and i'm considering getting a whole new toilet instead of fixing it :v:

Weak toilets loving suck. I got fed up with 2 of mine clogging if you looked at them wrong so I swapped them out with some super-duper flushers that advertise being able to suck down a bucket of golfballs. Challenge loving accepted.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

NitroSpazzz posted:

The new house came with tiny toilets, I bought new ones on the way to the closing so they could be replaced immediately.

i mean i try to make most of my shits on the clock but that don't help me on weekends

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Weak toilets loving suck. I got fed up with 2 of mine clogging if you looked at them wrong so I swapped them out with some super-duper flushers that advertise being able to suck down a bucket of golfballs. Challenge loving accepted.

Golf balls? U shittin golf balls? dont get a toilet go see a doctor!

"MaP scores represent the number of grams of solid waste (soybean paste and toilet paper) that a particular toilet can flush and remove completely from the fixture in a SINGLE FLUSH."

some of these low water ones pull down 800g+ which is kinda lol if you think about it

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Rhyno posted:

You got this. Set a calorie limit per day and do everything you can to stay under it.

Cardio cardio cardio. Every day. Try to do some light weight work 3 days a week as well. Drink a gallon of water every day.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

My big concern is just building a routine so I'm just doing things one step at a time. I just know that if I pile it all on at once I'll implode into a gallon of soda 2 packs 'erryday sad fat sack of poo poo again. Few more weeks of this and I want to get into light weights like you mentioned. The cardio thing is a pain in the rear end for me with a bum leg (childhood accident, mangled the gently caress out of my right hip, knee and ankle and a poo poo ton of nerve damage). I can walk at an ok pace but running is not something I can do. Right now I'm showing up to work 30 minutes early, banging out 5k steps before my shift, another 5k at lunch then another few laps before I head home.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I too have a bum knee. The elliptical changed everything since it's low impact.

I had the unfair advantage of using grief to fuel my workout and I plunged in and didn't stop. Now 11 months later I have a great weekly routine in place and I've kept the weight off.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
waddup gimp buddy [falls over]

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Larrymer posted:

You did this. Eat something leafy. Or beany.

Did both plus a lot of water and coffee.

https://i.imgur.com/OJZdn4K.mp4

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Seminal Flu posted:

If it had an 800hp Demon motor in it, possibly, but on a Camry that's going to be ubiquitous, it's just horrendously bad.

The outer chunks of it aren't even actually grilles, in true automotive styling over substance fashion.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

That's the ones I'm getting next time I feel the need to replace.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Did both plus a lot of water and coffee.

https://i.imgur.com/OJZdn4K.mp4

You just earned me some funny/concerned looks from others in the office.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Darchangel posted:

You just earned me some funny/concerned looks from others in the office.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGCIGEUB32M

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Exactly. There was a gorgeously restored Chevy C10 and it was tiny compared to the modern small trucks.

I hadn't been in a truck newer than a GMT400 until the last year or so. The GMT400 felt very similar in overall size to my C10 (the only real difference being my RCSB versus the loooooong GMT400 Suburban), the current ones feel like I'm sitting where the roof of my C10 is.

I'm sure a lot of that comes down to making room for safety without reducing interior size. The doors on a C10 aren't that thick, and :lol: for there being any real structure to them when it comes to a crash.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Psh, like I care about safety. I'm driving around with a land mine in front of me.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Rhyno posted:

Psh, like I care about safety. I'm driving around with a land mine in front of me.

and now I'm googling claymore bumper hitches

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

BraveUlysses posted:

speaking of dumps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-whLdHYgPwA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

IOwnCalculus posted:

I hadn't been in a truck newer than a GMT400 until the last year or so. The GMT400 felt very similar in overall size to my C10 (the only real difference being my RCSB versus the loooooong GMT400 Suburban), the current ones feel like I'm sitting where the roof of my C10 is.

I'm sure a lot of that comes down to making room for safety without reducing interior size. The doors on a C10 aren't that thick, and :lol: for there being any real structure to them when it comes to a crash.

One of my coworkers has a crewcab GMT400 and it is almost identical in size and ride height with a modern Silverado 1500HD. Modern one might be just a little taller in the cab, but GM doesn't seem to have done much embiggening for a long while with their heavy-duties.

My Pickup (Hilux) is tiny compared to my FJ45, which itself isn't a whole lot smaller than a modern full-size. Definitely narrower though.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jan 27, 2018

• Locked thread