Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Warmachine posted:

The gently caress is a "cultural marxist" anyway? Is that just fash speak for anyone they don't like?

Having literally any critique of media or culture that's not a hardline conservative one means you were brainwashed by Frankfurt School teachings in college. Never mind that everybody instantly forgets anything Benjamin or Adorno or whoever had to say as soon as they aren't being graded on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Cultural Marxism is any commentary that says something other than "You, a straight white dude, are doing just super and don't have to change anything"

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYQo6LI3Y7c

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Yea I finally had to start following Gourmet Hot Takes and OH MY GOD:

https://twitter.com/NuclearTakes/status/956679629754028033

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

T-man posted:

I'm a trans woman and I challenge anyone in this thread to bring me to orgasm in under an hour. :colbert: :flaccid:
Uh... ok. Actually, you got any recommendations on good places to read up on transsexual issues? My brother-in-law's sibling has recently transitioned from male to female, and I'd like to try and understand something that's very far outside my experience.

I'd follow them, but I don't think I could take another twitter feed that enrages me on a daily basis.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
I hate being a peice of poo poo :(

For bonus fun watch the video!
https://www.facebook.com/Postize/videos/676498756025386/

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis
I'd draw the line at Foxgirls myself

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

If we could genetically engineer catgirls I'm sure we could also genetically engineer hypoallergenic catgirls.

Also, yes, that's slavery, you piece of poo poo.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

RoboRodent posted:

If we could genetically engineer catgirls I'm sure we could also genetically engineer hypoallergenic catgirls.

But how much would this hypothetical gently caress slave cost. I need to know how many bit coins to mine. This is how science works right?

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

Serf posted:

It's a long-running conspiracy theory about how the Frankfurt School wasn't just a bunch of weirdos huffing their own farts but actually a secret communist plot to convert the world through media. Relatively forgotten until 4~ years ago when it suddenly exploded in popularity due to reasons.

Don't forget they were (((Jewish))) which should explain some of it too

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Warmachine posted:

The gently caress is a "cultural marxist" anyway? Is that just fash speak for anyone they don't like?

Unequivocally yes.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

🚫🚫Excuse me🚫🚫 Am I being 🔒 detained 🔒 ? You are 👮💂infringing💢 on my ➡rights! I am a 🌎SOVEREIGN GOON🌎. I have 🚪renounced👋✌ my 🏡citizenship🏡 of the 🇺🇸FORUMS🇺🇸. I am a 👹📡MODERATION🆓💯free💯🆓 GOON. I do not 🙅wish to create legal📂 joinder📝 with you. 💵💵 Your 😬stupid😬 law book📕📚 does 🔕not apply🔕 to me.✒💪 I am not a 👤person👤 I am a GOON.🙍👌

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
IOSM: I hope the Free Market does not leave me behind and make Foxgirls too

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

DocBubonic posted:

I'd draw the line at Foxgirls myself

foxes aren't canines you idiot

if you're gonna be a furry at least do your research

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

The Saddest Rhino posted:

🚫🚫Excuse me🚫🚫 Am I being 🔒 detained 🔒 ? You are 👮💂infringing💢 on my ➡rights! I am a 🌎SOVEREIGN GOON🌎. I have 🚪renounced👋✌ my 🏡citizenship🏡 of the 🇺🇸FORUMS🇺🇸. I am a 👹📡MODERATION🆓💯free💯🆓 GOON. I do not 🙅wish to create legal📂 joinder📝 with you. 💵💵 Your 😬stupid😬 law book📕📚 does 🔕not apply🔕 to me.✒💪 I am not a 👤person👤 I am a GOON.🙍👌
There's No Such Thing As A User Name

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Gluten Freeman posted:

foxes aren't canines you idiot

if you're gonna be a furry at least do your research

Except that the are?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Picnic Princess posted:

Except that the are?

They're canids, not canines :science:

At least, I hope I didn't get those the wrong way around.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Ibblebibble posted:

They're canids, not canines :science:

Sorry but where do you think the term canine comes from?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Memento posted:

I mean, same root word, but canid = Canidae family whilst canine = Canis genus. At least, that's how I've always used them.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Memento posted:

So words can come from the same root but mean different things.

A canid is any member of the family Canidae, including dogs, wolves, foxes, coyotes and jackals. A canine is any of certain extant canids regarded as similar to the dog or wolf (including coyotes, jackals, etc.) but distinguished from the vulpines, which are regarded as fox-like.

Canines exclude foxes.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Midnight Voyager posted:

So words can come from the same root but mean different things.

A canid is any member of the family Canidae, including dogs, wolves, foxes, coyotes and jackals. A canine is any of certain extant canids regarded as similar to the dog or wolf (including coyotes, jackals, etc.) but distinguished from the vulpines, which are regarded as fox-like.

Canines exclude foxes.

What about Vermicious Canids?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Data Graham posted:

I had forgotten that Willy Wonka's world included shoggoths.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

"Hold on I didn't say..." and then basically says the thing that she is trying to tell us she didn't say.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Data Graham posted:

That's Vermicious Knids!

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Ularg posted:

"Hold on I didn't say..." and then basically says the thing that she is trying to tell us she didn't say.

Hold on, I never said I was racist. I just said people who speak not english could go feral at any moment, and I would need to gun them down like the dogs they are.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I don't mind this woman. She at least is not hiding behind code words or dog whistles.

She explicitly spells out her racism "I don't trust furrners. Therefore I am justified in being prepared to shoot them because they talked funny in front of me"

I bet she would have said the same thing if instead of hearing 3 different languages, she heard English spoken in 3 different accents.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Just start talking about (Not to her) that you keep a gun on you when you're around her, that she can't be trusted.

Pieces of Peace
Jul 8, 2006
Hazardous in small doses.

BrigadierSensible posted:

I don't mind this woman. She at least is not hiding behind code words or dog whistles.

She explicitly spells out her racism "I don't trust furrners. Therefore I am justified in being prepared to shoot them because they talked funny in front of me"

I bet she would have said the same thing if instead of hearing 3 different languages, she heard English spoken in 3 different accents.

You mean if she Hurd it.

(Xenophobic English-speakers with a lovely grasp of their own language are my favorite IOSM theme)

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
It's funny cause I used to walk around the Wal-Mart in my wife's super rural east WA hometown jabbering in Norwegian on the phone and no one ever reacted except to ask once or twice very pleasantly what language that was. I wonder if there's something special about me...

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Nuclear War posted:

It's funny cause I used to walk around the Wal-Mart in my wife's super rural east WA hometown jabbering in Norwegian on the phone and no one ever reacted except to ask once or twice very pleasantly what language that was. I wonder if there's something special about me...

Cool story bro

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/Alby/status/682004891640856579

motherfucker have you ever met a dog

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
I just moved to Germany a few months ago and people have straight up refused to rent me flats twice because I don’t speak fluent German yet. Like not even hid it, just “we want a tenant that speaks German, go away”. It kinda sucks.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Nuclear War posted:

You white

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Also Norwegian sounds too ridiculous to be scary.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Ularg posted:

Yea I finally had to start following Gourmet Hot Takes and OH MY GOD:

https://twitter.com/NuclearTakes/status/956679629754028033

Over the course of my PhD I have worked with so many aborted baby cells. Billions if not trillions of cells have been used and subsequently destroyed. Now did I go and harvest thousands of babies directly from the womb?

No, duh. The most commonly used human cell line in labs is HEK 293T, human embryonic kidney. They result from an old legal abortion in the Netherlands and have since been immortalized in 1973. They are amazingly easy to use and have been driving scientific progress for years now.

Also if you ever want to classify a carnivoran into cat or dog, just go caniformia/feliformia. Each regroups one half of the species tree, so you got like 50% chance to be right even when outright guessing.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

RoboRodent posted:

No, silly, they'd also be bio-engineered to want to serve your every whim and be delighted to bring you sandwiches while you're in a raid-group. Completely different.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

EL BROMANCE posted:

There was a famous self own that followed a very similar pattern, so it might be a 'tribute' to that.

yeah but there are so many, which one?

great, my youtube suggestions are 1/3 Always Sunny Scenes and 2/3 McElroy poo poo

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Man aborted babies must be a miracle material, you can apparently make anything with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/956762837304598529