Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Field Mousepad posted:

Just press a button every few seconds drat.

That isn't how EB wizard works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

4man torment 13 rifts have a pretty insane legendary drop rate, if you do any multi-player. Otherwise I think 60+ grifts have the highest legendary per minute drop rate.

multiplayer outside of bounties almost seems like cheating after a whole season soloing

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Why the gently caress did they make the Fist of Az'Turrasq drop rate so low dannnggggg it

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

boar guy posted:

i'm up to a 6 million reroll cost on my main weapon and still no socket

and yes i checked that a socket is a possible reroll

I spent almost a thousand Death's Breath somehow trying to reroll a goddamn follower token into "can't die" because that one for that follower had somehow eluded me across 70 hours of play.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
At paragon 400 and I still haven't seen:

Fist of Azturrasq
Restraint
Any immortality token
Convention of Elements
Slanderer
Witching Hour
Vengeful Wind

Hook a brother the gently caress UP

I also have only seen one single Compass Rose and Nemesis Bracers, and I lost them both to

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Convention of Elements

I've gotten like half a dozen of these, more than I know what to do with. :v: Unity though? gently caress that, not even one. And I've had similar luck with most everything else you listed.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

4man torment 13 rifts have a pretty insane legendary drop rate, if you do any multi-player. Otherwise I think 60+ grifts have the highest legendary per minute drop rate.

T13 4mans yes but only if you do full clears. All the gel gobs and gob packs seem to come after the RG is done.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

Seamonster posted:

T13 4mans yes but only if you do full clears. All the gel gobs and gob packs seem to come after the RG is done.

lol

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Some friends and I picked this back up and i rolled a necro. So far its a blast, but as usual there is an ocean of info online for builds and such. I em enjoying being a melee dude but is there a more productive fresh 70 build? I casual af and just playing with buddies to blow off steam, no plans to push high level grifts for a while.

I know melee is based on inarius, and im working towards the seasons items, but is there a standard "best" fresh 70 build?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Forgot I recorded it

ABSORBED

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Some friends and I picked this back up and i rolled a necro. So far its a blast, but as usual there is an ocean of info online for builds and such. I em enjoying being a melee dude but is there a more productive fresh 70 build? I casual af and just playing with buddies to blow off steam, no plans to push high level grifts for a while.

I know melee is based on inarius, and im working towards the seasons items, but is there a standard "best" fresh 70 build?

Best fresh 70 is probably tranq with goldwrap/boon for go fast + invincible rifts.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Very first (non-season) primal is a Leoric's Crown I can stick right on my head with no fuss. :yum:

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
That is a great ui i had no idea there were ui mods for this game

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

WoodrowSkillson posted:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...SdGW_mb-T4xo0ra

That page will have builds for getting your guy up to 70, when you have your six pieces from the season bonus, and also a transition to an end game build once you have a ton of extra legendaries.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Tokubetsu posted:

That is a great ui i had no idea there were ui mods for this game

That’s what it looks like on console, pal

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Forgot I recorded it

This gets funnier every time I watch it.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
NA challenge rift is another ridiculous setup. No gems, two diamonds in gear, bunch of useless skills, primal nail biter. It’s also an incredibly dull build to play but at least it wasn’t too hard.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Marketing New Brain posted:

NA challenge rift is another ridiculous setup. No gems, two diamonds in gear, bunch of useless skills, primal nail biter. It’s also an incredibly dull build to play but at least it wasn’t too hard.

I don't get where they pull these builds from. Like if the guy already had done a GR 70, why is he pissing around with a build like that? Must be alts in the middle of gearing.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Have they described how they choose them? I imagine they just have a huge database of rift completion time and gear/character and just choose randomly but who knows. Maybe they're NSA style spying on us doing rifts.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

I'm guessing there's a bit of deliberate handpicking to avoid the complete, cookie-cutter icy veins builds that everyone is accustomed to running.

I mean, there's always a point in making a character where everyone is improvising with their first lovely drops and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the first place they look.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I'm sure someone's going through a list of flagged builds looking for ones to annoy people.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Every time I bother with challenge rifts the builds are cobbled together about the most explicitly un-meta items. They're combinations of things no one would ever use normally.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Every time I bother with challenge rifts the builds are cobbled together about the most explicitly un-meta items. They're combinations of things no one would ever use normally.

The “challenge” refers to “mentally challenged”

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Season 12 will end on the following dates:

North America: Sunday, February 11 @ 5:00 p.m. PST
Europe: Sunday, February 11 @ 5:00 p.m. CET
Asia: Sunday, February 11 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

Season 13 will begin about two weeks afterward on the dates below:

North America: Friday, February 23 @ 5:00 p.m. PST
Europe: Friday, February 23 @ 5:00 p.m. CET
Asia: Friday, February 23 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Since there's zero changes for the new season, might I suggest y'all make a change on your end and go

HARDCORE

mewse
May 2, 2006

Back to Friday :woop:

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

mewse posted:

Back to Friday :woop:

Best change.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Since there's zero changes for the new season, might I suggest y'all make a change on your end and go

HARDCORE

I was thinking I might. Never really dipped my toes into that hardcore action.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mr Newsman posted:

I was thinking I might. Never really dipped my toes into that hardcore action.

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

It's a completely different experience and you'll never go back

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

mewse posted:

The “challenge” refers to “mentally challenged”

I can understand people placing the blame on a system that snapshots uncomfortable loadouts and labeling it a "challenge", but it'd be unrealistic to expect everyone in their best gear the moment they step into their first Greater Rift.

Heck, this game is so laid back I doubt most people even bother with a guide.

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007

jjac posted:

I can understand people placing the blame on a system that snapshots uncomfortable loadouts and labeling it a "challenge", but it'd be unrealistic to expect everyone in their best gear the moment they step into their first Greater Rift.

They should just pull top 100 clears and give you some extra time or drop the gr a few levels. Then it would actually be fun.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I feel like some of the older ones used to be better. This was just vanilla Raekor with kinda crappy items, but I remember ones like a LeapQuake dude who had chosen all frost skills and frost items that wasn't min-maxed but did at least seem like a coherent build.

jjac posted:

The one that really surprises me is how many lack movement/repositioning skills, they just make every build more enjoyable.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's a completely different experience and you'll never go back

I've tried it, died, and went back. :v:

I never got to the point where I had enough poo poo for an alt to rebuild with, though. Is there a large enough community for public games? I remember it being pretty sparse in comparison to softcore.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I definitely have had the best year of Diablo I’ve ever had and it’s absolutely because of Hardcore

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Larrymer posted:

I've tried it, died, and went back. :v:

I never got to the point where I had enough poo poo for an alt to rebuild with, though. Is there a large enough community for public games? I remember it being pretty sparse in comparison to softcore.

Really helps to get started during a season, so that you can get your full six pieces of gear with pretty low-risk activities. The major power checkpoint that you will reach his when you have a level 25 Gem of Ease on hand. That and a lot of Paragon points will make it so that you can level your own guy from 1 to 70 in about a half an hour.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
There’s like 15-20 of us who log on for the first two weeks every season, which is plenty of time to gear and dude and then RIP it to some dumb bullshit

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

There’s like 15-20 of us who log on for the first two weeks every season, which is plenty of time to gear and dude and then RIP it to some dumb bullshit

That's how my last dude died, lag. I swore I'd never do it again. But...maybe.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
After 30 or so attempts at GR 99 with my HOTA build I got it with almost 3 minutes left to spare. The difference it makes to get a good rift is like plus or minus 5 minutes. I don't know if I'll get on the leaderboards this season but last I checked a GR100 with a few seconds to spare would get me there.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I finally decided to push with my monk instead of dicking around and got GR100 on my second attempt with ~90 seconds to spare. If I fish for a good 101, that'd be enough to get on the LB for the season, which was never a goal, but I'm already this close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Dameius posted:

I finally decided to push with my monk instead of dicking around and got GR100 on my second attempt with ~90 seconds to spare. If I fish for a good 101, that'd be enough to get on the LB for the season, which was never a goal, but I'm already this close.

Monk Brotha

Just picked up the final piece I needed for sunwuko wave of light.

It's hilarious... Dropping atomic gongs on offscreen enemies and never stopping for any reason

I smashed a gr70 in 3 minutes but just noticed that I didn't get Monkey King checked off in the "get to grift 55 solo with 6 different sets" Conquest. Did I have to do a 55 precisely?