Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Dude needs to stop dating harmontown immigrant girls and start getting help, the fact that he hasn't already is telling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The real feral audio is his voicemail

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Golden Bee posted:

The real feral audio is his voicemail

:lol:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

StarBurns studio is starting their own podcast, uh, webring and Harmontown is migrating over.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
That means different commercials, right? Good.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Inzombiac posted:

StarBurns studio is starting their own podcast, uh, webring and Harmontown is migrating over.

https://twitter.com/thecomedybureau/status/945743802253189120

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I see the OP says they don't play D&D any more, but do you guys have any D&D episodes you think are especially good/stand-alone?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Greggy posted:

I see the OP says they don't play D&D any more, but do you guys have any D&D episodes you think are especially good/stand-alone?

They're doing D&D again. It's not bad, but they aren't completely drunk and using the game to continue personal arguments anymore so it's not as good at it was

I don't know how this plays out of context but it's probably the funniest thing ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrEJYKfSp00

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Guy Goodbody posted:

They're doing D&D again. It's not bad, but they aren't completely drunk and using the game to continue personal arguments anymore so it's not as good at it was

I don't know how this plays out of context but it's probably the funniest thing ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrEJYKfSp00

Every time Dan says he wants to be less drunk when they play D&D, I want to throw things at him.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

I'm a little suprised how quite this thread is.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Nobody wants to go first.

including me

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Also the episode dropped for non-subscribers only this morning.

Dan expressed a romantic interest in a writer on Community and pressed her on it while in a position of power over her and took too long to figure out why that wasn't cool.

CPColin fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jan 10, 2018

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

CPColin posted:

Also the episode dropped for non-subscribers only this morning.

Dan expressed a romantic interest in a writer on Community and pressed her on it while in a position of power over her and took too long to figure out why that wasn't cool.

Was surprised that this wasn't brought up in the thread before, but I figured he would bring it up anyway.

https://www.avclub.com/former-community-writer-megan-ganz-calls-out-dan-harmon-1821754073

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
It was talked about in the Rick and Morty thread, but that's one of the worst threads on the forum so, good on you if you don't visit it really.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm reading the thread slowly as I watch the episodes. Currently in Shadowrun around August 2015.

What's the timeline of tabletop gaming on Harmontown look like for the future?

Not that I mind Shadowrun. We're getting a lot of Curtis Armstrong right now and it's pretty great and even more satisfying to see Adam Goldberg bitterly exclaim how dead it and the show is.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I didn't realize there was an episode this week. :blush:

It's probably a very, very good thing that there's no audience for an episode where Dan talks about the Megan Ganz situation.

Holy poo poo, Dan lives next to Aimee Mann? :swoon:

Wow.

https://twitter.com/meganganz/status/951373399929978881
https://twitter.com/meganganz/status/951373403625177088
https://twitter.com/meganganz/status/951373406141743105

prefect fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jan 11, 2018

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Well thats nice. I'm glad one of these people can do it right. I thought dan did a good job, and echo exactly what megan said. Didnt justify or excuse, got into details and didn't stay vauge, and kept it to 7 minutes flat lol. Not that an apology will always fix the situation. I keep losing media creators.

I miss Nick Robinson

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I haven't heard it yet but I'm not surprised Dan gave a good apology. The whole podcast has been basically one big apology (with rap intermissions).

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

He's been iterating on his appologies since ep1 yes. And then the mariage counsling gave him better tools. Whats the 3 steps?
recognize it
say sory
say you'l commit to not doing it again?

Something like that

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

KoRMaK posted:

Well thats nice. I'm glad one of these people can do it right. I thought dan did a good job, and echo exactly what megan said. Didnt justify or excuse, got into details and didn't stay vauge, and kept it to 7 minutes flat lol. Not that an apology will always fix the situation. I keep losing media creators.

I miss Nick Robinson

Dan's apology was pretty great. Much better than other guys who did things that were WAY worse.

gently caress Nick Robinson. Not only was he a sexual harasser, he was like a clumsy child at it. Reading those messages was extremely embarrassing.
Also, gently caress him for ruining one of my favorite podcasts AND youtube shows.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

My phone background is still car boys because I'm too busy to change it and every time I look at it I get mad at nick

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
The Dutch were not the people who invented windmills! :spergin::arghfist:

Dan and Schrab doing Joel Hodgson impressions: I could listen to an hour of this. :allears:

prefect fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Jan 16, 2018

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

That was my favorite episode in months. I immediately started laughing when Dan opened his Bellman joke with "The year is 2019..." :roflolmao:

Knucklebear
Apr 19, 2005
Dan's apology was fantastic and necessary in these times as was Meghan's response.

That said, I'm super pissed that the reason Community got hosed was because Dan acted like a creep.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Knucklebear posted:

Dan's apology was fantastic and necessary in these times as was Meghan's response.

That said, I'm super pissed that the reason Community got hosed was because Dan acted like a creep.

We don't know for sure that this is why Dan got the boot. I still think studio executives would not give a poo poo about this kind of thing.

Also, the new episode has some good Schrab, although Dan does tread dangerously close to sucking off Silicon Valley shitheads.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I thought he was fired primarily because of the Chevy Chase voicemail thing?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

counterfeitsaint posted:

I thought he was fired primarily because of the Chevy Chase voicemail thing?

Dan talked about it at least once on Harmontown. It's not like anyone "fired" him; he just got a call from his agent and found out that they weren't renewing his contract for another year. Corporations are all about diffusing blame, so that it's very difficult to nail down why a thing happened or who is really responsible for it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
When he said "I ruined my show" I thought he was implying that the Ganz thing was the reason.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jan 27, 2018

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Lycus posted:

When he said "I ruined my show" I thought he was implying that the McGann thing was the reason.

I took it as him explaining why season three wasn't great, like he made it a bad work environment.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Has Harmon said that he thought S3 was bad?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lycus posted:

Has Harmon said that he thought S3 was bad?

There's a monologue in season 5 where a character points out that season 4 was just building on the the extreme Flanderization of the characters that had already happened.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Dan's on fire this week, making GBS threads on Spielberg with gusto. :allears:

This John Mayer fellow seems like an alright guy.

prefect fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jan 29, 2018

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
The Spielberg rant was amazing, but John Mayer was boring as gently caress.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Brocktoon posted:

The Spielberg rant was amazing, but John Mayer was boring as gently caress.

Yeah, he was just "okay" for the most part, but his rap at the end was pretty sweet.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Note I haven't finished the episode but Dan saying he hasn't watched "The Big Sick" and then having John Mayer as a guest,
does he have beef with Kumail, or as John would call him Kabul?

edit- ok he does get a point for trying to hint to Dan who Hermann Hesse is.

Garth_Marenghi fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Feb 2, 2018

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/RobSchrab/status/959567959646642176

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Rob Schrab is very good at comedy

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Dan's done a spot-on Dave Matthews impression, we're getting a Sports Corner, and Schrab is coming on later. :woop:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Levy and Schrab are spooning and it's adorable.

Edit: Now Schrab is wearing one of the chairs like a shirt. And now his head is stuck.

CPColin fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I lost it at the sudden cut over to Jeff Davis and the loving stool. That was an excellent episode and Schrab makes me consistently lol more than anyone I can think of right now who's name doesn't rhyme with Mave Mappelle.