Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
That alternate skin looks dope as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

bio347 posted:

Her trait, Vault of the Wardens, is a dirty, dirty pun and I love it.

I grinned like a loving idiot.

Holy poo poo I'm buying the bundle day one. :getin:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

bamhand posted:

Whelp, she looks real fun and real annoying to play against. I assume she will also attract a bunch of bads that die constantly with her. Much like Illidan.

Oh yeah. Lots of feeding in the future. She looks cool.

Also reaffirming the seething hatred I have for release legendaries being real money gated.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
I can't wait to tilt QM Kaels by just hopping over their giant loving Pyroblast.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I think the alternate skin they gave her is boring and ugly though so I hope she gets something cool in the future

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

bamhand posted:

Whelp, she looks real fun and real annoying to play against. I assume she will also attract a bunch of bads that die constantly with her. Much like Illidan.
She won't have an illidan-like win rate because she's not a dive hero.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Interesting that they didn't do typical level 20 talents. I like it in theory.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Waiting to see what happens if you use the W cleave and hit a Chromie that's trying to back with byebye. Will it bounce Chromie all the way back to the circle or not?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Or just watch the spotlight I thought hadn't been put on YouTube yet.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Gobbeldygook posted:

She won't have an illidan-like win rate because she's not a dive hero.

Pretty sure people are gonna blink on cool down in order to engage 1v5. "I bound their entire team but none of you guys did anything from 4 screens away. Useless team."

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yukari posted:

Waiting to see what happens if you use the W cleave and hit a Chromie that's trying to back with byebye. Will it bounce Chromie all the way back to the circle or not?

Similarly, like the HGC casters mentioned, I wonder what happens if Maiev takes a Medivh portal or gets hooked by an allied Stitches.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I love that they specifically mentioned YES SHE COUNTERS GENJI we know we know

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

These are always accompanied by a second, "in development" video right? Probably really soonish?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Midnightghoul posted:

I love that they specifically mentioned YES SHE COUNTERS GENJI we know we know

I cannot wait to delete every last xbox mother fucker I come across.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I mean I don't know how much she really counters Genji, he still has the ability to turn invincible so I figure what's going to happen after the new car smell wears off is Genjis will save deflect for when they get tethered, then dash or jump away after it wears off.

Henker
May 5, 2009

Finally, I always wanted a trait that's basically the night elf jump flip from WoW.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Have to land an auto to tether lol bye

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

kater posted:

Have to land an auto to tether lol bye

It's a basic tho.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Henker posted:

Finally, I always wanted a trait that's basically the night elf jump flip from WoW.

It's basically TLV's W talent, right?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

No Wave posted:

One thing i see is a ton of players taking life funnel over mystical spear, which makes no sense to me. Mystical spear is busted.

Busted how?

Also the downside of Mystical Spear is that sometimes you might throw out a spear expecting to hit an enemy in exactly the spot they're standing in at exactly the right time so you can blow them the gently caress up, but instead they move. Now you've pulled yourself out of position and didn't stun poo poo and your magic spear that gets you out of danger for free is on cooldown. Oops.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Olaf The Stout posted:

It's basically TLV's W talent, right?

Shorter duration, but yes.

I don't know how to feel about Maiev, but I am amused that they managed to work in Shadow Strike.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
People talk about a revealing skin, but her kit seems to have some pretty great cleavage built in. :rimshot:

I'm amused that for all the talk of Zeratul stealing Maiev's abilities, Maiev's first ult is a knockoff of Zeratul's.

bio347 posted:

I was coming here to post that. That's amazing.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 26, 2018

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

John Murdoch posted:

Busted how?

Also the downside of Mystical Spear is that sometimes you might throw out a spear expecting to hit an enemy in exactly the spot they're standing in at exactly the right time so you can blow them the gently caress up, but instead they move. Now you've pulled yourself out of position and didn't stun poo poo and your magic spear that gets you out of danger for free is on cooldown. Oops.

Yeah I don't see it, I take life funnel basically 100% of the time because you can fill your life 0-100 by just spinning in a couple heroes. Mystical Spear gets you a bit of cooldown reduction on spear which I guess is good. The "escape" it offers is useless because why would Sonya need to escape ever?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm not going to bother arguing that mobility is useful, but this has been an intriguing insight into the mind of life funnlers.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Life Funnel is 40% more healing compared to baseline Whirlwind, it's an absurd amount. Both talents are very good.

E: The Diamond+ pick rate for the two talents are 41% for Funnel 48% for Spear. That's pretty comparable.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jan 26, 2018

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

bamhand posted:

It's like poetry, it rhymes

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

The idea of her countering Genji is laughable.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

bio347 posted:

idgi.

You either have to know WC3 / WoW lore or need to not be a dumb dumb. Someone help me out?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

BrianBoitano posted:

idgi.

You either have to know WC3 / WoW lore or need to not be a dumb dumb. Someone help me out?

"Vault" can be used as a synonym for jump or as a secure storage place. There is also a dungeon in WoW called Vault of the Wardens, which is the home base of Maiev and Friends.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
I can't wait to see Maiev + Garry shenanigans with her bind and his friendly throw.

Mr. Bad Guy fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 26, 2018

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

bamhand posted:

Life Funnel is 40% more healing compared to baseline Whirlwind, it's an absurd amount. Both talents are very good.

E: The Diamond+ pick rate for the two talents are 41% for Funnel 48% for Spear. That's pretty comparable.

Life Funnel's usefulness is inversely correlated to how much hard CC the other team has. All the healing in the world doesn't matter when your average whirlwind only lasts half a second.

BattleHamster posted:

The idea of her countering Genji is laughable.

Something that would actually counter Genji I feel is some sort of status that deals damage in proportion to distance moved over the duration. So like a thing that lasts for 3 seconds and how far you travel in that time increases the damage you take. So it doesn't do much to someone like Blaze unless you use it before he charges, if he's just chillin in the fire it does nothing, but a Genji who dashes across half the screen gets chunked for it.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Kai Tave posted:

Something that would actually counter Genji I feel is some sort of status that deals damage in proportion to distance moved over the duration.
If I move when flame wreath is up, the raid blows up

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Kai Tave posted:

I mean I don't know how much she really counters Genji, he still has the ability to turn invincible so I figure what's going to happen after the new car smell wears off is Genjis will save deflect for when they get tethered, then dash or jump away after it wears off.

A genji that’s wasting his deflect, is stuck in place, and then dashes away is a genji that’s not harassing my backline.

YolkaEd
Dec 26, 2013
Maiev's up on the main site, and apparently her trait also has her carting around 15 armor passively. Given her modestly sized health pool, she's definitely going to be a sturdier melee assassin, which should help her lock down the enemy team better.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Maiev is amazing.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

YolkaEd posted:

Maiev's up on the main site, and apparently her trait also has her carting around 15 armor passively. Given her modestly sized health pool, she's definitely going to be a sturdier melee assassin, which should help her lock down the enemy team better.
Link for the lazy

https://us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes/maiev/#?skin=the-warden

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Oh poo poo, the alt skin is a Diablo crossover. I knew it looked really similar to Vengeance Valla.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

YolkaEd posted:

It's more than modest. From Reddit:

quote:

According to this part of the Spotlight video, Maiev has 4715 HP at Level 20. (The video is discussing Level 20 Talents and shows 690 Mana at that time, which happens at Level 20.)

That means, Maiev has 2152 HP at Level 0. That makes her the second-highest health Assassin, after The Butcher. That puts her ahead of Rehgar (2132) and almost matches Uther (2156).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Her Q seems beyond busted, like maybe there's a typo. Valla's W does 165 damage on a 12 second cooldown, Maiev's Q does 180 damage on a 4 or .5 second cooldown. That can't be right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
The way she's animated looks like she is constantly sighing in exasperation.