Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Moxxis Endowment posted:

jesus christ, what kind of relationship must a guy like that have with his mother?

None?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Dear CIG intern, please tell Sandi that if she truly want's to drive a really rare care with BMW genes, she should buy a Wiesmann roadster. If she can't manage that, she's not rich enough nor important!

e: heres a jpeg

tuo fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 26, 2018

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
I'm glad CIG aren't doing Gamescon this year. Rather insulting to all the real games that go to these conventions.

So, I guess that means CIG will be attending no industry events this year at all. Just PR releases, marketing, and whatever online sites they can sucker into writing articles for them until Citcon.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/starcitizen

hand waving intensifying

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

tuo posted:

Dear CIG intern, please tell Sandi that if she truly want's to drive a really rare care with BMW genes, she should buy a Wiesmann roadster. If she can't manage that, she's not rich enough nor important!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/listening2day/status/956757815934164993
https://twitter.com/listening2day/status/956983520282386432
https://twitter.com/StephanForrest/status/956677599337394176

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Is it me or is there fear in his eyes when he is bullshitting?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Chris seems pretty nervous and sounds pretty subdued.

Yeesh.

happyhippy posted:

It’s you and me, both. I just saw a twitch streamer carrying the feed and commenting over it and during the Co-Op talk he blurted out “just tell us you can’t do it, man. Come on!”

G0RF fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 26, 2018

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

"Guys, I swear this isn't a platform for my brand of gender issues!"

Also, that insinuation that you can only legitimately ask for a female model to be included in the game if you or your SO is female :catstare:

As if the BDSSE wouldn't include something so rudementary, especially with an A list roster of mocap stars like Gillian Anderson and Sandi Garner.

It is difficult some days not to broadly stereotype the entirety of the backer community by the dipshittery of a few highly vocal incels

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

tuo posted:

e: heres a jpeg

Nice TVR!

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Potato Salad posted:

"Guys, I swear this isn't a platform for my brand of gender issues!"

Also, that insinuation that you can only legitimately ask for a female model to be included in the game if you or your SO is female :catstare:

As if the BDSSE wouldn't include something so rudementary, especially with an A list roster of mocap stars like Gillian Anderson and Sandi Garner.

It is difficult some days not to broadly stereotype the entirety of the backer community by the dipshittery of a few highly vocal incels

Excuse me, this is a violent gritty space sim

<eagerly awaits fish, towels, and the drink mixing game>

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

How telling that Chris is paying such close attention to various discussions in the community right now. He used to ignore it and considered complaints “noise”.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Cao Ni Ma posted:

drat, CIG are skipping Gamescom. I'm guessing it means they wont do a the show floor but will still do their yearly cult gathering because that event is just too important to skip. Its a pretty big dream linchpin that the faithful would go back to every time people asked about why they aren't talking "Just wait for gamescom"

Just like some of the more intelligent goons that pay more attention to this than I have stated earlier, they blew their entire wad. They have nothing, absolutely nothing new they can offer or entice backers old and new with anymore. They don't have Crytek making slick promo videos anymore, 3.0 was a steaming turn on arrival, nothing works. So why not miss those shows because they are totes working real hard now. It hardly seems worth the effort to set up some PC's to play Arena Handjob anymore.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Chris has apparently started to discover the virtues of project planning innyear 6.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/iq_derek/status/956636012066803713
https://twitter.com/iq_derek/status/955860102690607104

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:
I would love a bug eb 110 gt for me

or there was only one thing that I could do
was ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

oh no cig is sjw

good

First pirates movie had way better music than the others imho

Zimmer is great but, well, if you've heard three zimmer scores you've heard them all
aaand i am thinking of the wrong guy

This guy here? Scored Outlander :tipshat:

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jan 26, 2018

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

his nibs posted:

The sickening and heartbreaking truths about posting ironic dog memes have been revealed today

The struggle is real friend.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

happyhippy posted:

I thought he sounded drunk

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Thirsty Dog posted:

Excuse me, this is a violent gritty space sim

<eagerly awaits fish, towels, and the drink mixing game>

I'll have you know that I have the cat food fish trading market cornered, sir

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

DapperDon posted:

The struggle is real friend.

:)

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Television ratings?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

CHRIS:
Squadron will deliver emotions never before experienced in gaming. Or felt very rarely.

LANDO:
Come at us, videogames. Come at us.

Why oh why must you guys always crow and pound your arrogant chests all the time? This isn’t college football. It’s an industry filled with geeks and most don’t go around smack talking about the competition because it’s sounds boorish and looks insecure.

Just deliver the games and let them speak for themselves!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

EightAce posted:

I have just polished my helmet to completion and now need some tissues. And possibly a bath.
Chris told everyone in the last vid conference that he was displeased with the lack of wow factor in the players helmet.

Don't forget to rub it,your helmet that is,RUB YOUR HELMET,MMMMMM RUB IT. also spit and polish.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

CHRIS:
Squadron will deliver emotions never before experienced in gaming. Or felt very rarely.

LANDO:

Why oh why must you guys always crow and pound your arrogant chests all the time? This isn’t college football. It’s an industry filled with geeks and most don’t go around smack talking about the competition because it’s sounds boorish and looks insecure.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ZanyDistinctDonutSmoocherZ

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

What's this? :reddit: actually premabanning over rape?! The insidious spread of the SJWs knows no bounds! :ohdear:

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

G0RF posted:

CHRIS:

LANDO:

they need to make those who spent 50k to feel good and feel special. They cant get X experience for 60 bucks. All bullshit - but appeasement and send us more money or the game gets it.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

CrazyLoon posted:

What's this? :reddit: actually premabanning over rape?! The insidious spread of the SJWs knows no bounds! :ohdear:
Star Citizen has such fidelity that describing something happening to a video game avatar is equivalent to a real life threat!

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
VR is in

after a good refactoring

https://clips.twitch.tv/SuperBrightAardvarkDuDudu

e: VR was in

https://clips.twitch.tv/ShortBreakableOysterAsianGlow

his nibs fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jan 26, 2018

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

has anyone told him you need 90 fps not 9 for vr yet?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
The longer Star Citizen takes to release, the less Derek posts, because he's constantly searching his own lexicon of posts to see if he posted about calling it.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

intardnation posted:

has anyone told him you need 90 fps not 9 for vr yet?
Well there's 2 different renders so you just double your actual fps to get your VR fps!

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

G0RF posted:

REDDIT: No RSI booth or presentation at Gamescom this year

:chanpop:

A genuine shock. Sounds like pulling cinematics guys off actual game development to work on dazzle demos is not in the cards this year. Very curious.

called it

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Jared’s just insufferable with that kind of crap. So drat grating. I know it plays well with an audience of Roberts family members but my lord you are in a bubble if you think that kind of hubris isn’t teeth-grindingly grating. How dare you when your entire history is storied with so many lies?

Congrats on Your Excellence in Sycophantic Servility Award. You’ve definitely helped fill the considerable void left by Ben and in some ways exceeded him. Whatever else he was, he was generous to other games - even snarky ones like Waste of Space and competitors like Elite and Infinite Warfare got a kind word. He too thought Star Citizen was the best but he didn’t make a habit of declaring it “better” like you, Chris, Sandi and Schimmell love to do.

Just stop it. Deliver your superior game if you can and let the world praise your work. So drat annoying when you’ve got a hundred things to apologize for yet you’re too busy congratulating yourself for achievements still faraway and on the opposite end of a long drat shot. Yeesh.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
So is Ben officially fired?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

fuctifino posted:

Updated link with half of a verse, introducing the boys choir.

https://clyp.it/v5ggwdal

"Chris Roberts, and Sandi Gardiner, have spent a hundred and eighty million dollars"

The choirs have to be programmed phonetically, and it's a pain to do.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

He's a real lying sack of poo poo. He lies so badly as well.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Sickening posted:

So is Ben officially fired?

No. Just rendered nearly invisible and kept busy with the good work of archiving for posterity the flotsam and jetsam of the Wing Commander animated series archives.

He got the full Ladyman goodbye package, with CIG’s marketing might being bent to promote his GoFundMe salvage operation for cultural detritus. At least Ladyman put a game out. Ben is starting the next chapter as the garbage collector who believes himself a curator.

”Some may call this junk. I call them treasures!”

G0RF fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jan 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

it me