Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I didn't realize people made games about individual 20 year old Simpsons skits. Its so unbelievably niche.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kI_CRP3EAM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

No don't

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

From inside the Darkest Dungeon thread comes homegrown content:

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Don't wanna disappoint you, but he's insistent we do the one on the far left first.

I've asked him to show a little more restraint. He has, but only just barely.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Find people who like to make shitposts.

They are ALREADY a Goon.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

From inside the Darkest Dungeon thread comes homegrown content:

I for one can respect that the creator of the Omen Seeker is willing to compromise with others in the name of cooperation, but also refuses to compromise his own artistic integrity.

Shine on, brave sir. A vote for giant anime tits is a vote for freedom of expression.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
For the first time since grade one, I got left and right confused and thought 'Of course he wants the steampunk brain in a jar done first!'

Then I looked to my other, other left and just went 'ew!'.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bieeardo posted:

For the first time since grade one, I got left and right confused and thought 'Of course he wants the steampunk brain in a jar done first!'

Then I looked to my other, other left and just went 'ew!'.

It's Fallout, Skyrim and Stardew Valley all over again!

Also, I hope this one hasn't been posted already, but I really can't keep track of Doom mods at all.

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=58310
A mod replacing the graphics of most enemies with that of Shin Megami Tensei enemies, along with adding elements to weapons to have enemies strong or weak against them, and two maps to run through assumedly based on Shin Megami Tensei locales. Also adds summoning programs to summon creatures to fight alongside you.

It’s not very good, but the author has said the mod is free for anyone else to pick up and edit as they see fit, so it might work as a basis for something down the line.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
sounds like my kinda mod

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Is this a Fullmetal Alchemist mod

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Internet Wizard posted:

:stonk: Oh dear, now that's even more horrible.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Internet Wizard posted:

Oh, poo poo. I was just going to post 'AM i pretty, sempai?' but this is so much more horrible.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!

"Letīs play.....letīs....play...."

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Backhand posted:

I for one can respect that the creator of the Omen Seeker is willing to compromise with others in the name of cooperation, but also refuses to compromise his own artistic integrity.

Shine on, brave sir. A vote for giant anime tits is a vote for freedom of expression.

You can see potential! Then there's his rabid id taking over.

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

I would be remiss if I didn't suggest our Cataphract mod: he's a rank 1 healer and a rank 4 damage dealer, and a good alternative to the Vestal for Abomination parties.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1235319270

We've also been brainstorming potential dungeon expansion mods; at the moment we're looking at either a carnival theme with a giant eldritch clown boss, or a treasure hoard with a Middle Eastern Golden Age style.

Not really sure how we're going to implement them atm. If Colour of Madness opens up options for custom dungeons then we'll do it that way, otherwise it'll probably just be something we tack on to the Weald or Warrens.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Don't wanna disappoint you, but he's insistent we do the one on the far left first.

I've asked him to show a little more restraint. He has, but only just barely.

Is the Omen Seeker character intended for the Penance Chamber? :whip:

Disclaimer: I've not played Darkest Dungeons yet. I'm also trying to make a joke based on the little I know.

On a more serious, albeit nitpicking note, I don't think ashigaru wore helmets like that. I think helmets with decorations like that were only for samurai.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Max Wilco posted:

On a more serious, albeit nitpicking note, I don't think ashigaru wore helmets like that. I think helmets with decorations like that were only for samurai.

Actually decent armor was only for samurai. Ashigaru were levy troops, barely trained conscripts given a weapon and usually lovely armor.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I thought that the author found this one weird trick (a truly outrageous pair of tits) to keep people from nitpicking details about the armor of his gun man but I see that there's no stopping the determined.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Max Wilco posted:

Is the Omen Seeker character intended for the Penance Chamber? :whip:

Disclaimer: I've not played Darkest Dungeons yet. I'm also trying to make a joke based on the little I know.

the joke almost works. in the penance chamber, the character flagellates themselves. there's no other person either way.

e: also with the ashigaru you can have the little background comic thingy imply they're basically Oda clan levies and it's kinda ok. the Oda clan actually invested something into their levies, and if you were more interested in your field NCOs surviving a couple of battles than maintaining strict public honor looted armor was going to show up on sergeants who liked the idea of not dying.

the larger problem with the design if you want to really pick at it is that it is basically a plate mail design and japan was too iron-poor throughout its feudal period to ever actually invest in a design like that. it would be woven metal armor with leather laminated joints (chainmail weaving was so capital and iron intensive as to not exist) and the kabuto helmets would be made of a comparatively simple and flimsy iron skeleton that mostly existed to provide boning to leather lamellar armor that covered the cheeks and neck. when iron WAS used, it was laquered and layered instead of poured solid and hammered the way plate mail would be - again, much less hardy against attacks, but much, MUCH less intensive on iron and can be done with dogged human muscle a lot more reasonably.

also, just fwiw, decorative designs would largely get clamped on as a near afterthought, frequently in animal horn or bone instead of iron.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Jan 28, 2018

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Why do people on SA dislike Reddit?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Midig posted:

Something something a mirror darkly.

Not that there aren't good reddits... https://www.reddit.com/r/ShitWehraboosSay/

Actual answer: The unmoderated (or overly moderated) echo chamber shitholes vastly outweight the good subreddits, and most of the ones we'd be interested in, games for instance, tend to be the bad, screechy kind.

Orv fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jan 28, 2018

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Midig posted:

r/jailbait, r/incels, r/creepshots, /r/beatingwomen stuff like that. Sure, I mean, it isn't indicative of the entire website and they're all banned now but it's not the most encouraging reason to familiarize yourself with another website.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Orv posted:

Something something a mirror darkly.

Not that there aren't good reddits... https://www.reddit.com/r/ShitWehraboosSay/

Actual answer: The unmoderated (or overly moderated) echo chamber shitholes vastly outweight the good subreddits, and most of the ones we'd be interested in, games for instance, tend to be the bad, screechy kind.

I've seen some pretty lovely stuff pass on even on ShitWehraboosSay.

Basically, if you're interested in any subject, the subreddit for that subject will be the worst it can possibly be.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Praseodymi posted:

I've seen some pretty lovely stuff pass on even on ShitWehraboosSay.

Basically, if you're interested in any subject, the subreddit for that subject will be the worst it can possibly be.

Oh I don't read the actual comments on threads, I automatically assume the worst about that, I just use it as Nazi's Say The Darndest Things headline search.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Praseodymi posted:

A decent number of the gaming subreddits are pretty nice. Cities: Skylines is almost entirely people posting neat pictures of their virtual bonsai gardens. A few of the history subreddits are good and almost completely idiot-proof, and top minds of reddit is basically second life safari for the stupidest poo poo on the website.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Orv posted:

The tab title on this subreddit reminds me that I should watch Band of Brothers again.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Midig posted:

Combination of crowd 'moderation' and easy schismatic subreddit creation, and a sorting algorithm that cynically promotes echo chambers. Also nested comments suck poo poo.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Also giving a thank you trophy to the dude behind r/jailbait for all of the traffic he brought to the site instead of shutting him down immediately.

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014
on the subject of huge anime tits I am not sure what side of this thread this mod is on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DCsMvj_tXc

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Thefluffy posted:

on the subject of huge anime tits I am not sure what side of this thread this mod is on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DCsMvj_tXc

Everyone knows ninja outfits for girls need boob windows.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

It distracts their prey.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Thefluffy posted:

Page 96

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Me, glancing over at KCB's computer screen some 3 minutes ago, reading aloud from the text on her screen as she plays Stardew Valley: "You take Alex's flaccid girth into your mouth."

:thunk:

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

Me, glancing over at KCB's computer screen some 3 minutes ago, reading aloud from the text on her screen as she plays Stardew Valley: "You take Alex's flaccid girth into your mouth."

:thunk:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yknow what, of all the people to choose, at least you picked someone worth it like Alex instead of a handsome loser like the poet guy

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Yknow what, of all the people to choose, at least you picked someone worth it like Alex instead of a handsome loser like the poet guy

He's the only one with a mod like this, fortunately. Or unfortunately, idk.

He wasn't wearing a shirt when I entered his house, I don't know why he put it back on to have sex.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

well someone's got erectile dysfunction.

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

WE'RE STILL CLOTHED

I STILL HAVE MY CAT EAR HEADPHONES ON FROM BEFORE THE SCENE

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
those were what got you laid in the first place

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

All outfits for people with boobs need boob windows. Mandated by law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Samizdata posted:

All outfits for people with boobs need boob windows. Mandated by law.
Consider how the sentence "I just spilled hydrofluoric acid between my fat hairy man-boobs, again." fits into that hypothetical world.