Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

PaybackJack posted:

After reading Dave's write up on the Enzo case, my first thought is that the Law and Order SVU writers got a gimme on this one.

Outside chance of getting Enzo to play himself too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MassRafTer posted:

Episode 12: The History of TNA Part 2 is up! Time to talk finances.

https://www.spreaker.com/episode/13881898

Make sure to rate us on itunes and subscribe or whatever.

Google Play just approved it so we're on there too.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

MassRafTer posted:

Google Play just approved it so we're on there too.

Yay! This is a great podcast! Its like the Dollop of Wrestling!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

SalTheBard posted:

Yay! This is a great podcast! Its like the Dollop of Wrestling!

Does the Monumental Podcast have a cat

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

Imagine if Enzo just settled for a quiet night in.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Episode 12: The History of TNA Part 2 is up! Time to talk finances.

https://www.spreaker.com/episode/13881898

Make sure to rate us on itunes and subscribe or whatever.

HulkaMatt's sheer joy when he says,"I don't think that number is accurate!" :allears:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

exploded mummy posted:

Does the Monumental Podcast have a cat

No, just HulkaMatts fans blowing casually in the background.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

loving died at Granny’s Paul Bearer bit

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
My Observer subscription ended on January 22 but I’m still getting all the audio shows. Has this happened to anyone else?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Dave is on Talk is Jericho talking about the Montreal Screwjob if anyone is interested.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

mariooncrack posted:

Dave is on Talk is Jericho talking about the Montreal Screwjob if anyone is interested.

That sounds interesting!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2018/01/23/go-vip-1-99-take-8-off-vip-sub-week-time-vip-exlusive-post-royal-rumble-post-takeover-coverage/

quote:

We have a special deal for anyone wanting to become a VIP member this week. You can take $8 off any subscription when you use the coupon code “rumble2018” at check out. That brings a one month VIP membership down to just $1.99 for the first month, cancel anytime.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

How is the Torch still in business?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jubs posted:

How is the Torch still in business?

Bruce Mitchell and Todd Martin audios are very good.

Wade's coverage of WWE is pretty joyless and repetitive.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

rovert posted:

Todd Martin audios are very good.

Is there a different Todd Martin than the goofus that used to be on F4W?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lone Goat posted:

Is there a different Todd Martin than the goofus that used to be on F4W?

Nope.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Hahhahahahahhahaha

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I was gonna say, my only exposure to Todd Martin was when he used to do the shows with Bryan (Filthy Tom was a gigantic step-up from that) and he was just kinda there.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Does Todd still do his shows from a park bench during his lunch or whatever

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Meltzer: Well anyone could win the Women's Royal Rumble. Well... Dana Brooke can't win. Actually there's about 26 women who can't win.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

dave ripping into percy watson for underselling how great the takeover main event was was really funny

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Percy I thought stepped his game up overall last night. He was still not good but he was way better than usual

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i didn't notice him so in that regard he was fine

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

percy watson stepped up in that he normally doesn't say anything but tonight was forced by circumstance to say some things

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Haven't seen any NXT in a long time but I found Mauro more offensive than Percy.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MassRafTer posted:

Haven't seen any NXT in a long time but I found Mauro more offensive than Percy.

Percy was just an interchangeable WWE commentator, Mauro was loving intolerable and actively made the match worse.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Can I get an example of what you guys consider a good english-speaking PBP announcer that is currently working? Because the impression I get is that you'd prefer there be no commentary, or to listen to Funaki and the other dude yell in Japanese over Gargano/Almas.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Non drunk Jim Ross

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Tony Schiavone would be like fifty times better than Mauro.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

exploded mummy posted:

Non drunk Jim Ross

Replace 'slobberknocker' with 'mama mia' and random Southern aphorisms with references that aren't a century old and that's Mauro.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Tony Schiavone would be like fifty times better than Mauro.

Tony is worse than Mauro about trying to oversell the moment.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Gaz-L posted:

Replace 'slobberknocker' with 'mama mia' and random Southern aphorisms with references that aren't a century old and that's Mauro.

"If you don't like Mauro your standards are impossibly high" is a bad hill to die on friendo

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Feels Villeneuve posted:

"If you don't like Mauro your standards are impossibly high" is a bad hill to die on friendo

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh mama miaaaaaaaa poste suicida!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Good thing that's not really my point. JR hasn't been consistently great in about... a decade? More? Yes, he can be decent at times, and has credibility in how invested he is when a match is great, but, like, Mauro going nuts for Gargano/Almas isn't OVERselling it. It's reacting because he's a wrestling fan seeing the best match WWE has had in like 5 years, from closer than the front row. What's he supposed to do?

Besides, my original question was because the people that complain about Mauro also poo poo on JR on New Japan, poo poo on Kelly on New Japan, poo poo on whoever does ROH and TNA, and poo poo on Cole and Tom, so... like... who's left? Who is actually good?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kelly's alright American commentary on New Japan, it's more that the Japanese commentary is so much better and preferable

Even if you want a recent example of that, them flipping out for the Golden Lovers reunion today was excellent

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

Good thing that's not really my point. JR hasn't been consistently great in about... a decade? More? Yes, he can be decent at times, and has credibility in how invested he is when a match is great, but, like, Mauro going nuts for Gargano/Almas isn't OVERselling it. It's reacting because he's a wrestling fan seeing the best match WWE has had in like 5 years, from closer than the front row. What's he supposed to do?

Besides, my original question was because the people that complain about Mauro also poo poo on JR on New Japan, poo poo on Kelly on New Japan, poo poo on whoever does ROH and TNA, and poo poo on Cole and Tom, so... like... who's left? Who is actually good?

Him shouting cliche after cliche is just garbage and he makes nearfalls blatantly obvious. He was awful in Strikeforce but this was a new level. Kelly is pretty good, as is Callis, I imagine Nigel is still good, everyone loves Graves so don't act like no one likes any English commentators.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Him shouting cliche after cliche is just garbage and he makes nearfalls blatantly obvious. He was awful in Strikeforce but this was a new level. Kelly is pretty good, as is Callis, I imagine Nigel is still good, everyone loves Graves so don't act like no one likes any English commentators.

Nigel and Corey are both heel colour guys. Hence why I asked what people consider good play-by-play announcers. And I could have sworn I've seen you burying Kelly and Callis in the past. Maybe I'm conflating that with burying JR and Barnett.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

Nigel and Corey are both heel colour guys. Hence why I asked what people consider good play-by-play announcers. And I could have sworn I've seen you burying Kelly and Callis in the past. Maybe I'm conflating that with burying JR and Barnett.

Nigel wasn't a heel color guy in ROH, like I said I imagine he's still good, I haven't seen his work in WWE. I've thought Kelly has been pretty good for years and while I do think Barnett is bad a lot of people still like JR and his NJPW commentary.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ton Philips is fine and clears the admittedly low bar of best PBP guy in WWE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
OH MAMA MIA HE'S IN THE SUPINE POSITION HE STUDIED PANCRASE