Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Kiwillian posted:

drat, I don't think I'll be able to make the boat adventure - the time works out to 6am Monday for me :( Timezones :argh:

Okay what about a future one at 8 AM Sunday?

Edit: reposting this due to the new page.

We're doing another island exploration event on January 28th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn8pro3_oBM

Timer: https://countingdownto.com/countdown/parks-and-rec-island-exploration-28-january-2018-countdown-clock

The event starts in Port Epheria so be there in time

We'll be taking the guild galley out to explore the islands from Epheria to Mediah where players jump off to poke the node managers

The result should be an increase in energy cap by about 31 points. We suggest you bring as much energy as you can to this event as you sometimes have to pay the node manager energy to explore the island comfortably.

The event should take about 4 hours but may take as much as 5.

Last event we also went out for some piracy and sunk a sailboat so that was fun. We restocked the guild galley with extra cannonballs in case we cross something worth shooting.

7 day trial codes for the game:

NEEHGVI-S1DG9IE-D4AR4FK-8B3I6
SQJ2S90-JFQ2E8K-34V2QV3-HJPKM
VUP1GRC-FEIMG1E-KCG8LN6-8831L
HJG8H0A-GUUATA2-VGI99P9-90E1Q
LLIIMMT-I05SS96-UG525C5-BBOG6
6O6A5L3-G5G1PBN-88AP69S-B45H8
LVRQFUU-BIJV7D0-QL6VKSF-93E4G
KK6N1QO-I7QH79R-DNU9FM9-CGPML
8QBPSU1-8TCMCPJ-H7JVETQ-FJIE
2P0I839-3PV42R5-4SD26A0-EB6RF

UN1DENP-BPOJEEJ-OKR9HQL-8DHAU
EHRQG5K-5A3URIN-VRRHM9K-B31AA
I9B474S-V07BKIP-3J7KNRS-R937E
6E7UOKN-OJ5O7LK-NHJM6IG-KR2VE
O8ROII7-SGP2TLD-EED6V02-T561G
J0SECP0-3MUMF4E-VDRQ890-499M6
IJK3N0K-8M9FBFR-VO0TVDB-IQQM0
CJEFJMT-2CM672C-46UFAKK-04V18

Katt fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jan 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I hate deep desert stuff but have to fill 4 marnie stones worth of desert fogans. Blegh.

Well I'll be putting that off for a while. I guess I have to spend more time in Valencia proper at some point though.

All to upgrade a belt I have no intention of using but I'm a sucker for quest lines. Also contribution points.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Fogans are super easy, and the desert isn't a big deal once you get used to it. Any class with any kind of self healing can likely completely ignore the sunstroke debuff you get from the desert, it is very weak. Most desert navigation is just aligning yourself in the general direction you want to go and running in a straight line until you either get there, or get to another landmark or area where you can look at the map and re-align yourself and run in a straight line some more. Just pay enough attention so you don't auto-run into an aakman/hystria portal :eng101:

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

J posted:

Fogans are super easy, and the desert isn't a big deal once you get used to it. Any class with any kind of self healing can likely completely ignore the sunstroke debuff you get from the desert, it is very weak. Most desert navigation is just aligning yourself in the general direction you want to go and running in a straight line until you either get there, or get to another landmark or area where you can look at the map and re-align yourself and run in a straight line some more. Just pay enough attention so you don't auto-run into an aakman/hystria portal :eng101:

Also if you have a cat pet. When it marks a gathering node it shows up on the world map so you can use that to see where you are. The desert is filled with nodes like cactuses, skeletons, shrubs and so on.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
From reading about this game it seems i need to like anime to enjoy it. Is that the case?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
I don't see any connections to anime? Aesthetics or storywise (which is buried under ??? translation).

I guess flashy particle attack animations? But that's not something anime by itself.

Gameplay is key combo based brawler which is great but buried under lovely gear mechanics.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

vandalism posted:

From reading about this game it seems i need to like anime to enjoy it. Is that the case?

not really

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Played for like 5 minutes and i'm immediately requesting a refund. Not my jam.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

vandalism posted:

A lot of people don't understand that Korea =/= Japan.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

So I come back to this game after a long time and get to experience all the stuff they added to the game.

It baffles me how much time and effort went into the Ocean with underwater landscapes and poo poo only to discover that there isn't a single use for any of it. Trading in Port Ratt is out performed by all land trading, gathering coral and underwater stuff has zero money in it given the time and hosed up underwater movement and lastly 90% of the islands are barren. Just why the hell did they even expand the ocean?

I went on a fantastic journey into the desert to collect all the nodes and only ran into a single player. The debuff they put in place is literally the most annoying thing possible when you get no warning it is happening to you when it just pops into your buff bar with no audio or even a predictable time limit. You are not even allowed to stack Desert Camo, fox and food to try and reach 100% immune. I would consider some of the grind spots in the desert if it wasn't for that loving debuff. I also see that the drop rate of anything worthwile is still total garbage so if you were looking for something out in the desert you would have to grind for days and deal with the random dot they keep slapping you with so you cant take a break and go grab a drink or anything or you will drop dead. Why the hell did they put in a survival system that is random proc? Why isn't the desert Black?

Then you have the elf land I went galloping though to the tune of a million floating jellyfish making high pitched noises non stop so I could find it gated to a level 58 questline and none of the loving elves will talk to you unless you finish it. Not to mention a great collection of easy mobs to grind for levels 56-57 but at level 56-57 but I cant connect the goddam nodes until I am 58 so the grind spot drops less. I would have more to say on how the elfland is but I get 0.002% per kill at level 57 so I have to kill the entire worlds population seven times over to level up.

I can't believe how badly they dropped the ball on this game. The Economy is total Super Inflation and the gather items never followed suit so they shoehorned in a lazy fairy powder to all gather locations (Hards and sharps are too rare and usable to sell as a main trade). Trading is only worthwile if you have a desert buff making all roads lead to Velencia super boring. Fishing profits rely entirely on loving relic fragments and not fish. Hunting sucks dicks and requires a group of people that all loving hate life to chase down a loving limited time spawn whale and shoot it with guns or a loving high speed bat that makes you only see grass when you pan up to shoot it. Everything revolves around this amazingly always super low RNG chance in every aspect of the game to make any progress. I would like to go fight people but I gotta first go out and win the lottery seven or eight times and then get struck by lightning to even have a chance at killing in pvp.

Why is there so many loving abnormally long legged girl classes? Where are the Goblin, Dwarf, Beastman, Fogan, Orc, and one of the other hundred loving races classes? They have more than enough of this jackoff material to sate the unwashed masses and their wifu hugpillow bullshit.

Don't. Just don't read. I'm angry and this is me venting.

Goddam loving game. Turned a great looking sandbox into a loving prostitute slot machine.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jan 22, 2018

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

:words:

Trading in Port Ratt is out performed by all land trading

Everything else in this post is more or less correct, but port ratt imperial is better active trading than anything else in the game right now but you need master 10 to do it.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Elfland needs a balance & content pass because currently it's not an attractive place for grinding, farming or gathering.

Also making it so certain NPC node managers can't be talked to unless you progress to a certain point on the main quest is also bad because the mandatory combat is no joke with some of those mobs.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

gwrtheyrn posted:

Everything else in this post is more or less correct, but port ratt imperial is better active trading than anything else in the game right now but you need master 10 to do it.

Master 10. Jesus that got to take a year for me to do. gently caress that.

DancingShade posted:

Elfland needs a balance & content pass because currently it's not an attractive place for grinding, farming or gathering.

Also making it so certain NPC node managers can't be talked to unless you progress to a certain point on the main quest is also bad because the mandatory combat is no joke with some of those mobs.

I liked the Fadus Habitat location but in order to make it worthwile I need to crack my daily xp buff and have a bell running to not fall asleep at the sheer amount it takes just to get 5-8% of a level. I tried the Savage rift and saw it gave 4%ish of a level and 7 million but its literally cancer to play. Super boring and out of place. Also I am on an Oliva Server.

They need to do an overhaul of a great deal of lifeskills and XP rates. I played the game when it came out and got my Giant to level 53 with a massive amount of grinding and then return now and they amplified all the xp to get to 56 in a day only to slam the breaks hard all over again. Its like they don't want me to play new content until they push out the level caps with even more new content. My Ninja will be too old to do that content then and given the current standard you need to play a new class to be able to do bullshit damage.

Edit: I also swear they must have reduced all the drop rates by 20% so they could then give it back if you S rank all the mobs in the game.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jan 22, 2018

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

DancingShade posted:

People are definitely grinding kama. Gyfin Rhasia is heavily utilized but it's only for people with a lot of gear. The rest of kama is pretty mediocre in comparison. Also they actually made it piss easy to get to 61, 62 is where the real brakes slam on. They reduced the xp to level and doubled the length of grinding hour

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

the points on ocean content being barren as gently caress is 100% valid, but they are definitely trying to spice it up in near future updates so i'd still trust them to deliver eventually.

desert debuff is indeed cancer but it's turned off in most actual grind spots for all but the most contested spot (nagas) so it's sort of a wash on that. i guess i dont have too much of a negative opinion on it right now since htey just got done with an event where they turned off the debuff for a few weeks and that poo poo was great for fully exploring the desert.

lol at all the points you made about kama considering it's like the best content patch ever and it has tons of quality money making content if you're willing to invest time into it. and on top of it being overall decent for grinding 59-61 plus having the best silver grind spot in the game right now

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

you can also basically grind out 57 to 58 within like a few hours if you just get a good shultz party going with 200%. likewise the same for 58-59 within like 4-6 hours of 200% off the same shultz.

e: polly's forest is also a very decent place to solo grind from 56-58 if valencia mobs are cancer crowded and you dont want to contest people for spots. otherwise you can just fihgt cadry or naga with marni stones and make SICK GAINS

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jan 22, 2018

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Drinkfist posted:

Edit: I also swear they must have reduced all the drop rates by 20% so they could then give it back if you S rank all the mobs in the game.

just buy 5 birds to get EASY knowledge my dude. you're not poor, are you?

J
Jun 10, 2001

Exp rates are pretty irrelevant anyways it is still about money and gear. They've nerfed exp requirements many times at this point and now people hit level 61 with pretty lovely gear lol

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

You all are forgetting skill xp

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
I would play this game again if they added archage boats.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Drinkfist posted:

Don't. Just don't read. I'm angry and this is me venting.

Goddam loving game. Turned a great looking sandbox into a loving prostitute slot machine.

Is...is....is this a good Drinkfirst post? :holymoley:

Pretty spot on tbh.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/722
Time to get carried by RNG.

Better make 10 alt accounts so you can try to feed yourself gear by saving up the money and selling at odd hours.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Here's a chart with the rewards you earn based on how many titles your family has unlocked.

At 600 titles you can max luck with just a pet bonus or underwear which is neat.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

man the new pve dp and hp scaling seems to have put kutum in a real weird lovely spot

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Futaba Anzu posted:

man the new pve dp and hp scaling seems to have put kutum in a real weird lovely spot

How so

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
So the Valk login event has 31 rewards, starts the 25th of January and ends the 24th of Feb. That means you cannot miss a single day if you want the last, juiciest, reward. (Ok, you can get 2 logins on weekends to catch up a bit)

That is quite the contrast to the regular login cycle where you can miss a whopping 13 days (if i can do math) and still get the last "real" reward, the Shaktu coins on day 31. Im not counting the last week of memfrags here.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I *think* you get 2 logins on Saturday and 2 on Sunday for a total of 9 per week if you lag behind a bit.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

I now have a t8 courser! Saw a lv 27 horse on the market with 15 skills for 133m. I had a few horse skill reset coupons from that black friday sale so I gave it a gamble. Reset forechop and got S:Sideways. It managed to learn forechop again multiple times by the time it reached 30 and I was able to get a courser using 3 reset coupons. Not sure if super lucky or this is pretty normal.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Velveteen posted:

I now have a t8 courser! Saw a lv 27 horse on the market with 15 skills for 133m. I had a few horse skill reset coupons from that black friday sale so I gave it a gamble. Reset forechop and got S:Sideways. It managed to learn forechop again multiple times by the time it reached 30 and I was able to get a courser using 3 reset coupons. Not sure if super lucky or this is pretty normal.

Straight up coursers pop up a good deal every day for about 200m they're p common nowadays. Tbh I'd prob just straight up buy one already courser'd, but that's good luck that you got it off only a few p2w tickets, a good speed roll too. Is it one of the white breeds?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Futaba Anzu posted:

Straight up coursers pop up a good deal every day for about 200m they're p common nowadays. Tbh I'd prob just straight up buy one already courser'd, but that's good luck that you got it off only a few p2w tickets, a good speed roll too. Is it one of the white breeds?

Coursers are like 350m now. They bumped horse prices by 50 percent a while back

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Futaba Anzu posted:

No its the golden brown one. Its middle of the pack for base speed. The major reason I wanted to try was because I got 3 mount skill change tokens for like 10 pearls each during the black friday special. I honestly wasn't expecting how easy it was to relearn fore chop. I was just going to reroll and be happy with an ok horse but it ended up being a courser.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

gwrtheyrn posted:

Coursers are like 350m now. They bumped horse prices by 50 percent a while back

i bought my 15 skill t8 courser at like 260m. idk how you got that figure since i see most being around that price point. in fact it might even be better to aim for 240-260 because the 280m ones i've peeked at have a chance to have more skills which means more chances of having forechop

Velveteen posted:

No its the golden brown one. Its middle of the pack for base speed. The major reason I wanted to try was because I got 3 mount skill change tokens for like 10 pearls each during the black friday special. I honestly wasn't expecting how easy it was to relearn fore chop. I was just going to reroll and be happy with an ok horse but it ended up being a courser.

it's not easy to delete forechop, you got real lucky there haha

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
This game looks like a prostitute slot machine and I've always been curious to play it.

Are valks cool? They look cool. Can I make a cool goth girl valk?

What's up with that dancer in the OP?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

valks are real good the dancer is the new rahn class she has a chain blade that lets her whirl around in aoes and can also jump around real far like a chinese kung fu movie. then her awakening gives her dual chain swords and turns her into kratos

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

disregard, valks are acutlaly bad dont play them haha

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?

Katt posted:

Okay what about a future one at 8 AM Sunday?

Edit: reposting this due to the new page.

We're doing another island exploration event on January 28th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn8pro3_oBM

Timer: https://countingdownto.com/countdown/parks-and-rec-island-exploration-28-january-2018-countdown-clock

The event starts in Port Epheria so be there in time

We'll be taking the guild galley out to explore the islands from Epheria to Mediah where players jump off to poke the node managers

The result should be an increase in energy cap by about 31 points. We suggest you bring as much energy as you can to this event as you sometimes have to pay the node manager energy to explore the island comfortably.

The event should take about 4 hours but may take as much as 5.

Last event we also went out for some piracy and sunk a sailboat so that was fun. We restocked the guild galley with extra cannonballs in case we cross something worth shooting.

7 day trial codes for the game:

NEEHGVI-S1DG9IE-D4AR4FK-8B3I6
SQJ2S90-JFQ2E8K-34V2QV3-HJPKM
VUP1GRC-FEIMG1E-KCG8LN6-8831L
HJG8H0A-GUUATA2-VGI99P9-90E1Q
LLIIMMT-I05SS96-UG525C5-BBOG6
6O6A5L3-G5G1PBN-88AP69S-B45H8
LVRQFUU-BIJV7D0-QL6VKSF-93E4G
KK6N1QO-I7QH79R-DNU9FM9-CGPML
8QBPSU1-8TCMCPJ-H7JVETQ-FJIE
2P0I839-3PV42R5-4SD26A0-EB6RF

UN1DENP-BPOJEEJ-OKR9HQL-8DHAU
EHRQG5K-5A3URIN-VRRHM9K-B31AA
I9B474S-V07BKIP-3J7KNRS-R937E
6E7UOKN-OJ5O7LK-NHJM6IG-KR2VE
O8ROII7-SGP2TLD-EED6V02-T561G
J0SECP0-3MUMF4E-VDRQ890-499M6
IJK3N0K-8M9FBFR-VO0TVDB-IQQM0
CJEFJMT-2CM672C-46UFAKK-04V18

should i play this game or no

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

The Mantis posted:

should i play this game or no

It's free so all you have to lose is all your worldly wealth in the cash shop.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
When does Dancer come out?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

when absolute skills come out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I lied about refunding this game. I kept it and installed it and played for a bit. It's very overwhelming and confusing.