Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
You obviously think Chad wouldn't hamstring the gay dude to get away. Why do you hate gay people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

My favorite stories beyond how miserable it is to wear the Jason makeup, is how rough some of the stunts can be especially on the simpler looking ones.

Like the big fancy kills where Jason stabs some one or chops them up, those are easy. When Jason is having to man handle some one it's always way harder because you have to put a real struggle up and Kane's vision in the makeup isn't great.

This is the best of both worlds, where you get the struggle and then the big practical effect pay off.

Apparently the back break kill was the hands down most dangerous stunt in Jason X, but it got the least amount of love just because it was only Jason breaking some one over his knee.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Skoll posted:

You obviously think Chad wouldn't hamstring the gay dude to get away. Why do you hate gay people?

I would laugh at that because Chads a dick so that's not surprising at all. Kind of on the level of taking a boat alone while the deb who put poo poo in gets massacred on the docks :colbert:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I would laugh at that because Chads a dick so that's not surprising at all. Kind of on the level of taking a boat alone while the deb who put poo poo in gets massacred on the docks :colbert:

That has 100% happened to me :negative:.

Forreal though if they put a gay guy in, I hope it's a Richard Simmons analogue.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
you’re both very smart, funny, and attractive, guys

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am actually, thank you.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Skoll posted:

That has 100% happened to me :negative:.

Forreal though if they put a gay guy in, I hope it's a Richard Simmons analogue.

Fuuuck that would be hilarious

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Old truck drivin lesbian, please.

Edit: unless we can get the two leads from San Junipero

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Coffee And Pie posted:

Old truck drivin lesbian, please.

Edit: unless we can get the two leads from San Junipero

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

A. Beaverhausen posted:

While Kenny being gay would be so cool, he was loving Tiffany in the Virtual Cabin. Deb def has a thing for him I think, she didn't seem to happy in the Cabin

Counterpoint: his pink leather biker cop uniform, which is his canonical in game outfit

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

codenameFANGIO posted:

Counterpoint: his pink leather biker cop uniform, which is his canonical in game outfit

Yeah this.

I mean let's be honest, we're arguing head cannon on random archetype characters in a slasher game here.

They could all be gay, who gives a poo poo.

Although Kenny does seem pretty popular with the gay Friday players I know so :shrug:

Naked Man Punch
Sep 13, 2008

They see me rollin';
they hatin'.

Burkion posted:

My favorite stories beyond how miserable it is to wear the Jason makeup, is how rough some of the stunts can be especially on the simpler looking ones...

Apparently the back break kill was the hands down most dangerous stunt in Jason X, but it got the least amount of love just because it was only Jason breaking some one over his knee.

The more I read about it, the more I'm impressed with the stunt work in the series.

Game wise, IIRC, Gun/Illfonic/Dig. Domain were originally going to go with mo-cap performers to work with Hodder, but he demanded(?) a full stunt crew. In his view, mo-cap performers would "give up" after only a couple takes, which kind of speaks to his work style. I recall reading an interview (maybe in "Crystal Lake Memories"?) where he basically told the actors "When it comes to your death, you'll be safe - but it won't be comfortable. I'm going to be a bit rough."

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Kane Hodder is the figurative "Jason Vorhees" of stunts, is what we're saying.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

There was also that bit in the Virtual Cabin where they said they started out with some dummies for Kane to beat up, but had to keep replacing them since he wasn't leaving them in any condition to function.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Naked Man Punch posted:

The more I read about it, the more I'm impressed with the stunt work in the series.

Game wise, IIRC, Gun/Illfonic/Dig. Domain were originally going to go with mo-cap performers to work with Hodder, but he demanded(?) a full stunt crew. In his view, mo-cap performers would "give up" after only a couple takes, which kind of speaks to his work style. I recall reading an interview (maybe in "Crystal Lake Memories"?) where he basically told the actors "When it comes to your death, you'll be safe - but it won't be comfortable. I'm going to be a bit rough."

It definitely mentioned it in the Virtual Cabin, it also mentioned that apparently Julius' actor was boxing Hodder's poo poo for real in Part 8 at Hodder's request, and he was just tanking punches to the gut for the entire scene. That dude's no joke

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Kane Hodder is the definitive stone-cold badass.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Hexenritter posted:

Kane Hodder is the definitive stone-cold badass.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

8 is my least favorite of the series but that scene owns

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

joylessdivision posted:

8 is my least favorite of the series but that scene owns

8 was underwhelming entirely because the budget couldn't meet the scope.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The dude is covered in nasty burn scars from before his time as Jason, yet one of his favorite moments in all of Part 7 was being lit on fire for a loving long time (because it was so loving cold in the makeup and suit that the fire stunt was the only time he felt warm)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I can't help but like Part 8 because I feel like it establishes Jason's 'rules' the best. He hunts down anyone who went to or near his lake, and kills anyone who helps them, but beyond that he was totally fine to just ignore everyone on the subway, and even spooked off those gang members in the street because he couldn't be arsed to hurt them. They didn't touch his lake, so they can go.

Also I like that a writer apparently wanted Jason to kick that dog at some point in the movie, and Hodder refused since Jason wouldn't harm pets :3: Jason's a big ol' softy when it comes to bloodthirsty slasher killers. Myers would absolutely kill a dog, and Freddy probably HAS killed a dog, I never saw his movies all the way through. That guy's a loving nutbar.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

See? Bad. rear end.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Danaru posted:

I can't help but like Part 8 because I feel like it establishes Jason's 'rules' the best. He hunts down anyone who went to or near his lake, and kills anyone who helps them, but beyond that he was totally fine to just ignore everyone on the subway, and even spooked off those gang members in the street because he couldn't be arsed to hurt them. They didn't touch his lake, so they can go.

Also I like that a writer apparently wanted Jason to kick that dog at some point in the movie, and Hodder refused since Jason wouldn't harm pets :3: Jason's a big ol' softy when it comes to bloodthirsty slasher killers. Myers would absolutely kill a dog, and Freddy probably HAS killed a dog, I never saw his movies all the way through. That guy's a loving nutbar.

Myers killed a blind chicks dog

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
To be fair, Myers is supposed to be an incarnation of pure, actual evil. I have original novel done of the screenplay from the 70s and it gets into that.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Either that or his psychiatrist was crazy, you could read it either way

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
He’s the avatar of evil because he’s been cursed by the Thorn Cult.

It’s all right there in black and white, clear as crystal.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

TheBizzness posted:

He’s the avatar of evil because he’s been cursed by the Thorn Cult.

It’s all right there in black and white, clear as crystal.

Ehh, that Thorn Cult poo poo is nonsense. The Halloween franchise is extremely schizophrenic and I'm glad the new one John Carpenter is doing ignores all the movies except the first two.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
myers killed several dogs

freddy otoh was once resurrected by a flaming stream of dog piss

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I acknowledge H20 also since that was really a perfect wrap to the series

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Danaru posted:

There's argument about the dog in part 4 as to if Jason threw it out the window or it jumped.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

joylessdivision posted:

There's argument about the dog in part 4 as to if Jason threw it out the window or it jumped.

Ted White's interpretation is probably that Jason is a dick so why not?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

By the time Jason 4 rolled around it could have been either. He could have been Super Mad enough to kick a dog or else that dog just realized how Super Mad he was and knew it was time to get away

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
It's been a while since I saw 4 and I was pretty drunk when I did, but I don't remember Jason being anywhere near the dog when he went for the window :saddowns:

Game spoiler: Apparently in one of the Jarvis tapes, they confirm the dog survived :3:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWY8yPd2ht8

Behold as the dog survives a jump that would kill any of this game's councilors

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

DeathChicken posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWY8yPd2ht8

Behold as the dog survives a jump that would kill any of this game's councilors

Those dorks die instantly from getting thrown inside through an open first floor window, that's hardly a fair metric

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Skoll posted:

Ehh, that Thorn Cult poo poo is nonsense. The Halloween franchise is extremely schizophrenic and I'm glad the new one John Carpenter is doing ignores all the movies except the first two.

Paul Rudd man!

I know it’s trash I’m just kidding around.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I sorta like the IDEA behind Resurrection, but really only because the idea of a serial killer essentially becoming a meme in-universe is loving hilarious to me, incidentally like in F13 part 9 (and 8 I assume, since the first guy Jason killed clearly had a Jason themed mask with the notch above the eye and everything). If an unstoppable supernatural killer existed in real life, they'd never be able to keep up with how many people flood their hunting grounds.

I guess really I don't like THE idea behind Resurrection, just AN idea.

Trick or treat, motherfucker :cripes:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

TheBizzness posted:

Paul Rudd man!

I know it’s trash I’m just kidding around.

Paul Rudd chewing scenery is the only good thing about Halloween 6. God what a painful movie to sit through.

Danaru posted:

I sorta like the IDEA behind Resurrection, but really only because the idea of a serial killer essentially becoming a meme in-universe is loving hilarious to me, incidentally like in F13 part 9 (and 8 I assume, since the first guy Jason killed clearly had a Jason themed mask with the notch above the eye and everything). If an unstoppable supernatural killer existed in real life, they'd never be able to keep up with how many people flood their hunting grounds.

I guess really I don't like THE idea behind Resurrection, just AN idea.

Trick or treat, motherfucker :cripes:

Resurrection had a couple of good ideas going for it, I just don't think Laurie should have died in the beginning. Save that for your finale. Basically swap the beginning onto the end and also recast most of the movie and you got a pretty ok Halloween movie.

Busta Rhymes is so.....baffling in that movie.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Jason 9 has a diner doing a “Jason is dead” special complete with hockey mask shaped Jason Burgers, he was a meme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Coffee And Pie posted:

Jason 9 has a diner doing a “Jason is dead” special complete with hockey mask shaped Jason Burgers, he was a meme.

Just one more reason to love that dumb movie. As if Creighton loving Duke wasn't enough.

God drat I want Duke in the game so badly. Make him a Tommy alternate.

• Locked thread