Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Police Automaton posted:

There's currently a high pileup of orders I still wait for but which just don't come, some are getting dangerously close to the window where I have to open a case with aliexpress or it'll be a confirmation timeout. I went investigating and after speaking with one very rude person and a significantly nicer person I found out they're all stuck at german customs, some for over a month. I got an order the other day I made about two weeks ago, that one was from Singapore. (not all aliexpress sellers are Chinese) Apparently I'm not the only one with this experience in my country. I wonder if they're holding back cheap chinese crap on purpose, many shops here sell the same cheap chinese crap, just for 3x the price. (and with VAT, of course)

Interesting info, if the <thing> doesn't arrive until the order timeouts, aliexpress will always refund you the money, no matter if it's still actively in transit (and trackable) or not. I'm not going to take advantage of that because I don't want to gently caress with the sellers too much for 2-3 euros on avg. but it's good to know.

Just ask for an extension of buyer protection. I usually ask for 28 days at a time, they can renew it a few times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Facebook Aunt posted:

The gently caress?

When I moved I was just like gently caress it, nothing anyone sends me is worth that much. :canada:

The USPS has a premium service where they capture your mail and can mail it all in one box to you which is something absurd like $20/week. But their basic forwarding, which is the piecemeal poo poo that gets a yellow "change of address" sticker slapped to it by the machines in the sorting center is only one dollarydoo :smug:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

But their basic forwarding, which is the piecemeal poo poo that gets a yellow "change of address" sticker slapped to it by the machines in the sorting center is only one dollarydoo :smug:

If you actually show up at the post office, it’s free. :patriot:

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I tried to do it at the post office and they said I had to go online, they couldn't do it in the post office anymore. The dollar isn't because they want money, it's because they want your credit card info and proof you requested it, in case you end up being a bad guy trying to forward someone else's mail.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
You really think someone would do that, just go to the USPS and tell lies?

(Seriously don't gently caress with the US mail holy poo poo)

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

The Bloop posted:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The greatest thing about USPS is that they are self-funded meaning they're, while not immune, mostly inoculated from short-term politics. And, in a bureaucratic sense, they're self-aware.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

The Bloop posted:

My Uncle's RV was hit by one of their trucks, they give no fucks.

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturæ et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan
Want seeds? Banggood got ya covered!

[edit] Oh god https://www.banggood.com/Mens-Summer-Quick-Dry-Printing-Casual-Beach-Holiday-Board-Shorts-p-1257812.html

JointHorse fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 29, 2018

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

The greatest thing about USPS is that they are self-funded meaning they're, while not immune, mostly inoculated from short-term politics. And, in a bureaucratic sense, they're self-aware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21G3vCXOIAc

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Holy poo poo not only is it real, it's in its 3rd Season!

Is that a roll of packing tape in his back pocket?
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/clintjcl/2364749353/

And apparently 14 postal inspectors have lost their lives in their line of duty. What the hell?! They have arrest authority and will gently caress you up.

As part of becoming an adult there should be a quick class that teaches you uncommon things about the government that you should be aware of.

Postal Inspectors have arrest authority, and nearly anything you can do regarding them is a felony.
Fire Marshals can pull you over, arrest you, and close businesses on the spot if something is amiss.
Many states have Pressure Vessel Unit Inspectors that can do the same if you don't have permits for your air compressors.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jan 29, 2018

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

That is amazing! I want more lovely things to added to the main character's narrated back story. "My dad died and I lost the use of my legs and my dog was hit by a stolen postal van because the thief didn't know how to drive a wheel positioned on the right and I had a little sister but a postal inspector who was high on drugs didn't notice that she had hidden in a box being shipped to Timbuktu during a game of hide and seek and she died from dehydration on the way there..."

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Do you think that China Post can disappear people?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

It can certainly detain them for 60-90 days.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

They've disappeared enough of my packages.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

HAHAHA! Just what the USA needs, more aggressive law enforcement!

"Are those counterfeit stamps?!?!"

*gets punched in throat.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
In case you didn't see my link earlier, that is an art photo. Granted, the USPIS do train in places like that, but I think that one is for comedy.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Got it. I can't believe the real version is $200.

My cat doesn't like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saSOuOW6UTw

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

spog posted:

It can certainly detain them for 60-90 days.

Heyoooooo

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Over There posted:

My cat doesn't like it.

Holy crap he's getting so big :3:

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012

Over There posted:

My cat doesn't like it.

Do you like it?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Aches and pains? Why not strap a burning stick to your body? Heating pads are for pussies.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-T...2808501267.html

Now that you're relaxed you're ready for sexy times. And nothing is sexier than being fingered by an alien.
:nws: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2017-Body-Massage-For-Women-And-Men-Massage-Gloves/32832547176.html :nws:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

At least this type of burning bullshit isn't marketed as ear treatment.

Like this:

The Mayo clinic does not approve.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/WR-...2833575043.html

I don't really need to say anything. You can make your own punchlines

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Krakox posted:

Do you like it?

Ordered some face cleanser to go with it, will report back soon.

It feels like a cheap piece of plastic, but who knows another goon says it's awesome.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Over There posted:

Every time I order clothes I immediately regret it the moment I open the package

What has been disappointing? I've ordered a bunch of t-shirts (according to the seller's sizing charts) that have all been fine.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I've been pleased with the clothes I bought too

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I got my foreo knock off! It's dyke blue and a cute lil bean! I don't have the 200 usd version to compare, but I'm happy with it. The silicon nubs are soft and bendy, and it's acceptably quiet so I don't have to worry about roommates thinking I'm jilling off in the bathroom for all to hear. It's also lighter than my samsung phone, which I appreciate. While I'm not spending an hour rubbing my face with this, it's not an uncomfortable kind of heaviness.

I have no idea how well this cleans. I suppose it also depends on the cleanser used. Honestly I just bought this because my hands tend to have eczema outbreaks and water makes things worse :v: Plus I don't think eczema ointment should be rubbed onto my face, even if I wash my hands before face cleaning. Even if it's poo poo, at least I won't be out 200+ USD!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

M..Major Tom?

E: and these headphones seem great so far

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jan 31, 2018

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Over There posted:

My cat doesn't like it.

What is it?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Kerbtree posted:

What is it?

http://s.aliexpress.com/MJ3YZbAj

The "real" version of it is $200.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Shinmera posted:

Ordered a pack of these. Hopefully it'll make a nice toy to fiddle around with on my desk when I'm bored. I remember really wanting this back when I was a kid, but even a small pack of like 20 pieces cost a ton at local stores.

Well that was quick, arrived today! Works and feels just like I remember it, so I'm quite happy. I still have the same problem as back then though -- you need a ton to build anything big. Even a hundred of these magnet sticks won't suffice for much. Might buy more at some other point.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Over There posted:

http://s.aliexpress.com/MJ3YZbAj

The "real" version of it is $200.

So, basically a dry-use loofah?

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jan 31, 2018

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

You can be honest with us, it's a sex toy isn't it

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Neurolimal posted:

No you use it for your face with some facial cleanser. Don't really know much behind it, but there was a good in here earlier a few pages back who was able to talk about it more in detail and why its good.

r u ready to WALK posted:

You can be honest with us, it's a sex toy isn't it

yes

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

What are these knockoff intel chips on ali? Total nonsense or just poor quality refurb stuff?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Does anyone have advice on which of the "488 in 1" DS carts would be good for a 8 year old? She likes Animal Crossing, Nintendogs and Lego Undercover a lot on her 2DS.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Unless they've drastically changed tech, most of those 10000-in-1 carts will mainly be NES/NES-caliber games, a hefty number of them repeats and ripoffs.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Neurolimal posted:

No, you use it instead of your hands while washing your gross face. The vibrating nubs are supposed to be good at exfoliating and getting gunk out of your pores, especially if you wear a lot of make-up.
I've been trying a cheap face-brush that does the same but you're supposed to change the brush-head every 3 months and bacteria don't grow on silicon so this is good for lazy skincare-enthusiasts who don't want to shill out $200 for the real thing. Also, it might still be a scam but for 13 bucks I'll keep enjoying my face-vibrator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I bought a ton of cute cheap earrings, so do you guys have recommendations for jewelry storage? It looks like there are some super cheap options and some $80-100 options and not much in between?

I have a shitload of earrings, some necklaces, almost no rings or bracelets fwiw.