Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Pugyuru > pop team epic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Darth Walrus posted:

Yep - if you ever wanted a Fate show with the look and atmosphere of Madoka, you’ve got it.

My only concern was that the art was unusually wonky for a first episode, which may be a bad sign for later. Whole lot of weirdly scrunched-up, low-detail faces in the mid-distance shots.

So just like Madoka then

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

So just like Madoka then

Well, kind of, but I don’t remember Dokes getting quite that bad that fast and that often.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Any good fantasy shows this time around? already heard Death March was a lovely pro-slavery isekai from the web novel thread

but what about Grancrest War? or something else recent that I missed?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Jackard posted:

Any good fantasy shows this time around? already heard Death March was a lovely pro-slavery isekai from the web novel thread

but what about Grancrest War? or something else recent that I missed?

grancrest is decent so far, but nothing spectacular.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Hakumei to Mikochi isn't an action show if that's a requirement but it is a chill fantasy setting with a civilisation of tiny people/talking critters living in a forest. There's a very good scientist/necromancer character and lots of good food

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Knorth posted:

Hakumei to Mikochi isn't an action show if that's a requirement but it is a chill fantasy setting with a civilisation of tiny people/talking critters living in a forest. There's a very good scientist/necromancer character and lots of good food
Previews kinda look like Mouse Guard except with gnomes?

E: What site is this? Not seeing it on Crunchyroll or Amazon, OP doesnt say

Jackard fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 29, 2018

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I'm not familiar with Mouse Guard at all but going by these google images, sure. Less fighting off predators, more making jams for your bug neighbours and getting swept up in a lively marketplace and buying too much food

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Jackard posted:

Previews kinda look like Mouse Guard except with gnomes?

E: What site is this? Not seeing it on Crunchyroll or Amazon, OP doesnt say

it's on Hidive

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

:pwn: man another one? how many of these do we need

already paying for crunchyroll, amazon prime, and netflix (dropped hulu)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Jackard posted:

what about Grancrest War? or something else recent that I missed?
Grancrest is as old-school as you can get in this day and age without rewatching/re-reading stuff like Eternal Filena, Slayers or Arslan. It's written by the same dude who wrote the Record of Lodoss War and Louie the Rune Soldier novels, so if you like anime based on old LN's, it might be up your alley.

Also, the main heroine has a wardrobe that, while no doubt created with fanservice-y ends in mind, it also looks really, really cool. :3:

Her hair. :allears:

e: Grammar.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jan 29, 2018

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Jackard posted:

:pwn: man another one? how many of these do we need

already paying for crunchyroll, amazon prime, and netflix (dropped hulu)

Hidive is cheaper than all of those at least. it's unofficially Sentai's streaming platform so you'll probably see a few exclusives on there each season since AnimeStrike is dead. there's also weird stuff like them having a different (mostly better) translation of Pop Team Epic compared to CR.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Wark Say posted:

Grancrest is as old-school as you can get in this day and age without rewatching/re-reading stuff like Eternal Filena, Slayers or Arslan. It's written by the same dude who wrote the Record of Lodoss War and Louie the Rune Soldier novels, so if you like anime based on old LN's, it might be up your alley.
Lodoss was one of my favorites as a kid so I'll definitely check it out!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Knorth posted:

I'm not familiar with Mouse Guard at all but going by these google images, sure. Less fighting off predators, more making jams for your bug neighbours and getting swept up in a lively marketplace and buying too much food

Hi Knorth, you would probably love the Mouse Guard books.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I will read about mice doing their best to survive in a dangerous world

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo! That mouse has a "little" big sword and a scar in the back of his head. That is both cute as gently caress and :black101: as hell.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Darke GBF posted:

Killing Bites' third episode is entitled "I REALLY HAVE NO REDEEMING QUALITY" which could be a descriptor for the show itself

it's my third favorite show this season, I love it

bunny girl is good, though

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Grancrest is absurdly fast paced, holy poo poo. We're four episodes in and it feels like we've gone through a whole season. There's big emotional scenes with characters we've spent like six second with. It's loving wild lol.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Cool CGI dragon in the Colors slide show this week.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
you thought grancrest was bad at pacing you should have seen rozen maiden: zuckerberg

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Whoops wrong thread.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

a kitten posted:

Hi Knorth, you would probably love the Mouse Guard books.

Knorth posted:

I will read about mice doing their best to survive in a dangerous world

Wark Say posted:

Holy poo poo! That mouse has a "little" big sword and a scar in the back of his head. That is both cute as gently caress and :black101: as hell.
Haha yeah, they're great.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Jan 29, 2018

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Original TV anime Release the Spyce announced. Seems to be a ninja magical girl thing? Director is You Satou, who has done episode direction and key animation on Michiko to Hatchin, Deadman Wonderland, and Nanoha, among others. Writer is TAKAHIRO, the Akame ga Kill/Yuuki Yuuna creator.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The spyce must flow

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
TAKAHIRO also being the creator of minato soft and the writer of most of their work, notably the Majikoi games. that's his big charm point

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Waiting for a spin off called The Juice is Loose

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Space Flower posted:

TAKAHIRO also being the creator of minato soft and the writer of most of their work, notably the Majikoi games. that's his big charm point

the real charm point is senpai's scar

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Sporty Spyce and Scary Spyce.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Endorph posted:

the real charm point is senpai's scar

well, you're right about it being a Kuki's scar

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sakurazuka posted:

Waiting for a spin off called The Juice is Loose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viejY6UZ5Bk

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Jackard posted:

Genki Spyce and Kuudere Spyce.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Space Flower posted:

well, you're right about it being a Kuki's scar
it isnt x-shaped at all!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Lovely, a new Spyce of Life show to look forward towards

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
The art style of the first magazine cover is extremely Namori, for a second I thought it would be Yuru Yuri S4 or something

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I hope it's like Yuru Yuri ninjas.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

StandardVC10 posted:

The art style of the first magazine cover is extremely Namori, for a second I thought it would be Yuru Yuri S4 or something

yeah, Namori tends to be exceptionally Namori, much moreso than others

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

No ETA yet, is there?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ok, Miira no Kaikata (Mummy show) definitely has passed the 3 ep test with flying colors. It is freaking adorable and eeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Toji no Miko is...

Ok it's a fancy monster of the week show, and I'll probably continue watching but it's a lot of telling and not showing.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
New Fate, New Thread

quote:

Fate/Extra Last Encore
Shaft | Shinbou, Akiyuki ; Miyamoto, Yukihiro | Nasu, Kinoko | Action, Magic, Fantasy | Game | Jan 28, 2018
Waking up in a strange virtual world with no recollection of the past, Hakuno finds himself forced to fight for survival in a war he does not understand for a prize beyond value; the opportunity to have one's wish granted. With only an enigmatic "Servant" by his side, Hakuno Kishinami will have to face both friends and foes in battles to the death in order to not only gain possession of a mysterious object known as the "Holy Grail," but also to find the answer to the most important question of all: "Who am I?"
PV
Thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sindai posted:

The spyce must flow

• Locked thread