Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I think Hanzo is stronger. I think Hanzo's abilities are so broken that he will eventually have to have his stats reduced until he's at Tassadar-level win rates in HL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Libertine posted:

There's nothing wrong with Raynor. The criticism of him has reached like almost meme-worthy levels on all the HOTS internet discussions. I feel like the complete archetype of that was Grubby's rant about Raynor on stream and then a guy on his team picks him and wins MVP of the match. He's a basic, straight-forward, damage dealer with a cohesive yet simple kit that effectively does its job in almost any circumstance. Raynor could use a talent review to add some build diversity, but that's true of about two-thirds of the cast.

In ranked, I would rather have a Raynor player on my team than a Hanzo/Genji/Greymane player 100% of the time.

Jimmy is kind weak over all considering he doesn't bring anything to the table that someone else can. Other heroes outshine him on damage, mobility, utility or some combination of the 3.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

bamhand posted:

Jimmy is kind weak over all considering he doesn't bring anything to the table that someone else can. Other heroes outshine him on damage, mobility, utility or some combination of the 3.

No one outshines him in attack-moving.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
You could say he...eliminates all distractions.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Midnightghoul posted:

Thank god they buffed Greymane
I think it's a wash. They baselined half of his level 4 talent but removed the talent itself, so now you have to take a talent you didn't want to take before.

Malth changes are overall a buff imo. Between his basic attacks cleaving and massacre moving to 7, he can potentially poo poo out a LOT more AOE damage in team fights. You can also now get the bonus of Die Alone after E'ing a minion wave.

Heroe's Hearth has Maeiv's complete talent tree up. She has some incredible talents, but as expected zero sustain in her tree.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Libertine posted:

Pretty sure Valla and ZJ both do.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

tracer literally attacks while moving

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

quote:

Zeratul: Blink will now correctly break invisibility.
Well, guess they fixed that bug.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Something that nobody's really talked about is that the Triglav Protector has received some pretty massive buffs. If two people are inside of it instead of just one it gains 10 armor and 25% extra damage, plus the root on its rocket fist now lasts 4 seconds instead of 2 and the gatling cannon is now more responsive and fires faster. And on top of all that it gets more base health and health scaling.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Triglav definitely needs the buff. It is pretty weak as far as maps objectives go. I know my volskaya games often tend to go to level 20+ for both teams. Not to mention the fact that the gunner seat position hasn't held a lot of value in the past. You were usually better just having a driver.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

1stGear posted:

There's a Three Greymane Moon spray. :allears:

It's an icon, not a spray, sadly. Also it's Graymane and omen's two heads.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Filthy Monkey posted:

Triglav definitely needs the buff. It is pretty weak as far as maps objectives go. I know my volskaya games often tend to go to level 20+ for both teams. Not to mention the fact that the gunner seat position hasn't held a lot of value in the past. You were usually better just having a driver.

I'm wood league so while I know this is conventional wisdom my experience has been that having one person solo pilot the protector means it doesn't get anything done, you might just some towers down but otherwise it just dies too quick, while having a gunner at least let's you get some more damage out of it, which makes it a good option for lower damage heroes to chip in with some siege. I don't disagree with the buffs, but I do think that the combo of 25% extra damage and that gatling gun buff is going to lead to some surprising moments of "hey where'd all my health go."

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

bamhand posted:

Pretty sure Valla and ZJ both do.

Both of them are much more reliant on spell-weaving to do damage than Raynor, and hilariously enough both of them (and Hanzo and Genji) all have lower win-rates than Raynor.

Polio Vax Scene posted:

tracer literally attacks while moving

I love playing Tracer right now and use her a lot. She's much more mobile than Raynor (or almost anyone but Genji) but her damage is much less reliable. There are a lot of enemy team comps that are really difficult to find angles into fights where you can sustain damage over long periods. Raynor can position himself in range on almost any fight over the full duration because his entire kit is designed for safe sustained damage dealing.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
One thing they didn't touch on in the hero spotlight is that it looks like Maiev can talent into a fair number of percentage based damage from as early as level 4. I don't think it'll necessarily be enough to use her as a primary tankbuster per se but it's interesting that you can build her in that direction.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Maiev has a fuckload of health.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Do you still take tormented souls on Malthael after this nerf to it and reaper's mark?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

1stGear posted:

There's a Three Greymane Moon spray. :allears:

One Greymane and two wolf mounts actually.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Sindai posted:

Blizzard reads this thread. :tinfoil:

Well there IS a blizzard goon. He does art though, but you're technically correct!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Libertine posted:

There's nothing wrong with Raynor.

There's nothing wrong with Raynor's design except that it's on Raynor specifically. It does nothing to represent his character or why he's important to the Starcraft universe, both from a story perspective and a theme perspective. If it was on Soldier 76 (who is supposed to be the most boring and straightforward white-bread DPS ever), then I wouldn't care, but it being on Raynor specifically is what a lot of people take issue with (myself included).

Also:

Libertine posted:

Ol' Jimmy's +1 range does help keep him out of trouble, but:
    1) Valla outdamages him with only two Hatred stacks. She can have up to ten.
    2) Zul'jin doesn't outdamage Raynor even with Berserker active, but getting stacks for his quest changes that quickly. Zul'jin can also match Raynor's range by hitting heroes 75 times (not hard) and outrange Raynor until level 20 with Headhunter (difficult in high-skill matches, but you don't necessarily NEED 7.5 range once you have 6.5 from You Want Axe).
    3) loving Hanzo out-AAs Raynor with Redemption (not hard to get) and harshly out-AAs Raynor with Sharpened Arrowheads. This is something Hanzo does with a default 7.5 range, +1 further than Raynor.

A case could also be made for Tychus because his stats are just so much better than Jimmy's but that would involve arguing about range and positioning and poo poo and I just don't care to die on that hill.

Kith fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jan 30, 2018

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

lucifirius posted:

Well there IS a blizzard goon. He does art though, but you're technically correct!

there's a lot more than just one goon at blizzard i guarantee

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

A new low for the thread where someone tries to argue that actually, Raynor is the best hero.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Kerrrrrrr posted:

there's a lot more than just one goon at blizzard i guarantee

Correction, there's one that I know of. But yeah, I wouldn't doubt there being more than one goon at Blizzard.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

beejay posted:

the best hero.

This is Jimmy.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

beejay posted:

A new low for the thread where someone tries to argue that actually, Raynor is the best hero.

give this man some pepper

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

jackhunter64 posted:

This is Jimmy.
H-hey, man.

Cuatal
Apr 17, 2007

:dukedog:
How Blizzard gon have a Lunar Festival and not give Li Li even one new skin? Li Li hasn't gotten any new skins in forever, what's the deal here?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

She already has a lunar skin. It looks awkward.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Cuatal posted:

How Blizzard gon have a Lunar Festival and not give Li Li even one new skin? Li Li hasn't gotten any new skins in forever, what's the deal here?

I still think their reasoning for not giving Ragnaros a cool skin is super dumb. They claim he'd be "hard to read" or whatever which is total nonsense. Give him the water or snow based skin he deserves Blizz!!!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

neptulon skin please

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Macaluso posted:

I still think their reasoning for not giving Ragnaros a cool skin is super dumb. They claim he'd be "hard to read" or whatever which is total nonsense. Give him the water or snow based skin he deserves Blizz!!!

Well this would be easy to prove or disprove. Does DOTA2 or League have a Firelord analog, and if so, do they have different skins? If yes, then lol.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Yukari posted:

Do you still take tormented souls on Malthael after this nerf to it and reaper's mark?

"we're going to remove the armor, buff Malth's other ways to quickly spread his passive, and buff the other ult just to see how many people still pick this trash ult out of habit" -Blizz designers, giggling

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
If you pick Malthael in general after this rework then you probably hate yourself and also your team so I guess it doesn’t really matter what Ult you go for.

Edit: Rag should have a legendary skin that changes him into a Windlord, and instead of [Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros] he uses [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker].

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 30, 2018

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

beejay posted:

That wasn't my argument at all, and even a laziest possible reading of it could have figured that out. My argument is that he isn't the worst hero, and that he is in fact much better than many other more popular heroes who he is relentlessly maligned with comic frequency in comparison to.

Grubby's argument is that Raynor doesn't have enough playmaking potential to be worth picking (even as both his observed and statistical performance indicate this to be untrue), and my argument is that most teams need at least one ranged attacker, you don't always need your ranged attacker to be a playmaker, sometimes a safe and reliable high uptime sustained damage dealer is ideal -- and the circumstances for which this is the case is far greater than people commonly think because of confirmation bias.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

ToastyPotato posted:

Well this would be easy to prove or disprove. Does DOTA2 or League have a Firelord analog, and if so, do they have different skins? If yes, then lol.

Riot was (is?) extremely hesitant to make skins for Zac, but I think that had more to do with him being a humanoid blob that is constantly moving, stretching and changing. His character size is also dependent on his health.

I'd link to the champion spotlight, but he has had a rework since his release.
Edit: This seems up to date.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX2WkMHAX6I

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jan 29, 2018

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Jimmy's statistical performance is lowest winrate by far in master hotlog (which maps to diamond/master HL) this week. Below that he can exist.

It's a bad week for him, he's normally not dead last, he's just uniquely funny because he's never ever optimal.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jan 29, 2018

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Watching nubkeks play some Maiev. Her basic attack does seem fairly unimpressive which means Fan of Knives as a primary source of damage makes sense, and she absolutely does seem to shred that level 1 all mid brawl people love to do for no good reason, so you can expect to see a lot of video compilations of that in the near future. Her waveclear seems adequate, you can use the shadow spirit thing to damage a wave coming and going, then use knives and some basic attacks, but without any self sustain I don't know how good at solo laning she'll be. The leap doesn't break things like Azmodan's laser apparently, so keep that in mind.

e; if anything gets nerfed about her it's going to be how easy it seems to get armor stacked up on her, she has 15 base armor and a talent at 13 that gives you 25 additional armor after using an ability that can be kept perpetually refreshed while autoattacking.

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jan 29, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

No Wave posted:

Jimmy's statistical performance is lowest winrate by far in master hotlog (which maps to diamond/master HL) this week. Below that he can exist.

It's a bad week for him, he's normally not dead last, he's just uniquely funny because he's never ever optimal.
If you add up all available weeks for Master he's below all other sustained damage heroes except...Genji and Hanzo. :v:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Jimmy also has the honor of there being no correlation at all between the player's experience level with Raynor and win rate.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Kai Tave posted:

The leap doesn't break things like Azmodan's laser apparently, so keep that in mind.

Isn't Azmo's laser one of the most pointlessly sticky spells in the game tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

John Murdoch posted:

Isn't Azmo's laser one of the most pointlessly sticky spells in the game tho.

My favorite moment as Azmo was using the laser to kill a Valeera while she was in her smoke cloud.