Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

lol @ Xbox in Japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I dunno about 4k and colors popping in hdr but real black is good poo poo. I don't know if that's hdr or a related feature tho I'm not really a TV guy

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Tender Bender posted:

I dunno about 4k and colors popping in hdr but real black is good poo poo. I don't know if that's hdr or a related feature tho I'm not really a TV guy

it's not

it's unique to CRTs, plasma TVs, and now OLEDs

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Had to grind for this view

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

nodding sagely

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F272682178808

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
4k makes sense on the computer because you sit right up on it. it's noticeable on the tv too but much less so and a waste of gpu.

hdr though can look real nice

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
but from nintendo all i want is the head to head race mode from SMB Deluxe ported to switch with local and online

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Nintendo should leave the console industry, people want 4k and Nintendo isn't gi-

https://twitter.com/DrCullenPHD/status/953639289962758144

I'd love to see this bad boy as a chart. I'd love to see two charts, in the same post, side by side.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

yeah actually they will posted:

I'd love to see this bad boy as a chart. I'd love to see two charts, in the same post, side by side.

I unironically like console sales charts, and I love to see Nintendo doing well in them. Takes me back to the YCS days with glorious Wii sales charts posted weekly.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

I unironically like console sales charts, and I love to see Nintendo doing well in them. Takes me back to the YCS days with glorious Wii sales charts posted weekly.

dont post here

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Same here brother.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

just got the hot new charts off of the website that has charts on it, guys:

1. Nintendo -All The Win
2. Video Games In General -Also All The Win

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

codenameFANGIO posted:

just got the hot new charts off of the website that has charts on it, guys:

1. Nintendo -All The Win
2. Video Games In General -Also All The Win

havign a chartgasm over here.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Started Celeste on my Switch today and I died 173 times on the first B-Side. This game is fun

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Oh, that's excellent bitch.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

Codex Entry Unlocked: Rosebud

Codex entry unlocked: There was a third man!?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

Started Celeste on my Switch today and I died 173 times on the first B-Side. This game is fun

It's really good

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Evil Eagle posted:

be proud

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Evil Eagle posted:

game owns, but it's making me finally spring for a pro controller because i suck at hitting the right directions with the control stick

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Plank Walker posted:

game owns, but it's making me finally spring for a pro controller because i suck at hitting the right directions with the control stick

got bad news for you about the dpad

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plank Walker posted:

I bought it on Steam and playing with the dpad on a 360 controller is the worst thing

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Zas posted:

got bad news for you about the dpad

drat, well maybe the longer control sticks will be nicer?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Plank Walker posted:

drat, well maybe the longer control sticks will be nicer?

its a good upgrade from the joycons for sure, ive been really happy with mine. im a big fan of the big chunky face buttons

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Its a really nice controller apart from the inconsistent dpad. The hori pokken tournament pad may be better for retro games

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
if it doesn't make you uncomfortable there's an easy fix for the pro controller

the problem is the dpad contacts are sized too big, so it's too easy to press more than one direction at a time. you can take the shell apart and place a little square of tape or use some paint on masking to cover up half of each contact and it makes it way better

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

angry_keebler posted:

the problem is the dpad contacts are sized too big, so it's too easy to press more than one direction at a time. you can take the shell apart and place a little square of tape or use some paint on masking to cover up half of each contact and it makes it way better

Cool

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

angry_keebler posted:

Is there a guide on this anywhere? I read Nintendo fixed the d pad on the xenoblade controller so I was waiting for them to do it on the regular ones soon

I did my own d pad fix on the actual switch and it's absolutely amazing

Evil Eagle posted:

drat. They should have called it Molest

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

Evil Eagle posted:

This room on the second b side. was responsible for something like a quarter of my 680 odd deaths.

Game is super fun.

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Is there a guide on this anywhere? I read Nintendo fixed the d pad on the xenoblade controller so I was waiting for them to do it on the regular ones soon

The xenoblade controller is evidently only marginally better and a lot of people say it still misreads inputs all the time.

This guy has images that show the problem area and recommend a fix of just putting two pieces of scotch tape.

When I fixed mine I painted over the contacts with a clear acrylic more or less over the areas shaded red in that image and placed a little square of 7mil electrical tape over the center bump where the pad rests. That elevates the center of the dpad enough that it makes it feel a little more clicky and that you need to commit a little bit more to trigger a press because you feel that extra fraction of travel.

E: one thing I didn't see mentioned in that link is that there are a couple of ribbon cables you need to watch out for when you take it apart. The cable for the shoulder buttons is super thin. I'm sure there's a thousand teardown videos promising to reveal nintendo's secret message on youtube.

angry_keebler fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jan 31, 2018

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Nintendo should do that instead of me.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

[said with a hint of irritation] Nintendo..

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

[said with a hint of irritation] Nintendo..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNxvYX7zih8&t=22s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i didn't think the pro controller d-pad was so bad but then i played tiger tiger