Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

vOv posted:

The whole "the Echo is what lets you see AoE markers" is just a widespread fan theory that has no lore basis (even though it'd make sense).
I don't think it literally produces AOE markers in the WoL's field of vision, that's just like a mechanical representation of your Newtype senses. You can still gently caress up but it's way harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The telegraph markers are a representation of what you see Fordola doing: she's able to read your intent and avoid your attack before you can even start swinging. You can do the same thing.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Brainamp posted:

Keep in mind that this was before they had a solid idea of what they wanted the Echo to be, hence why the WoL gets to help out with the morbol fight.

I haven’t seen the Morbol fight one.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

TFRazorsaw posted:

I haven’t seen the Morbol fight one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag2cRTU-Og8

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
patch is up for DL now, a bit earlier than forecast.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Probable O8S mount is on point.

It's the Air Force boss from FF6

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

I MUST MAKE THIS AXE MINE.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Okay the mi’qote is obviously the Bard we see in the group from the later CGI scenes/who the Warriors of Darkness are based on, and the Elezen sitting with them is probably the Black Mage. The Roegadyn member of the group and the Lalafell healer is fighting in his vision too.

So that just leaves one question.

What happened to the Elezen gladiator chick? She’s not in the WoD or any other cinematics.

This is gonna drive me crazy.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Probable O8S mount is on point.

It's the Air Force boss from FF6

Does it have the weird-rear end faces? Because if not then no deal.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The breakdown of Dancing Mad they'll use for O8S is great too.

Reddit's got a strange thing where they won't share datamined music for Soken's sake but everything else is fair game so you can't get the link there so you gotta get yourself over to /vg/ for a link, sadly.

vOv posted:

Does it have the weird-rear end faces? Because if not then no deal.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/277960222507794432/407792493376045056/077017.tex.png

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

Okay the mi’qote is obviously the Bard we see in the group from the later CGI scenes/who the Warriors of Darkness are based on, and the Elezen sitting with them is probably the Black Mage. The Roegadyn member of the group and the Lalafell healer is fighting in his vision too.

So that just leaves one question.

What happened to the Elezen gladiator chick? She’s not in the WoD or any other cinematics.

This is gonna drive me crazy.
this is the question that haunts my dreams at night

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
I'm pretty sure that Byakko's theme has the FFXI sky theme in there somewhere but I might be completely insane. I just can't NOT hear it, but it's probably because the sky theme was so simple.

Also dancing mad is a nasty remix and I love it so much.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Fractal Continuum Hard's track has got some SICKNASTY TASTY bass.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

The breakdown of Dancing Mad they'll use for O8S is great too.

Reddit's got a strange thing where they won't share datamined music for Soken's sake but everything else is fair game so you can't get the link there so you gotta get yourself over to /vg/ for a link, sadly.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/277960222507794432/407792493376045056/077017.tex.png

have you ever seen something so beautiful you were immediately forced into unconsciousness

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
If you want to get pumped while waiting for maintenance to end, here are really cool BGM only videos of O4S and the Unending Coil. The phase transitions are *even more awesome* without voice chat or combat sounds to drown them out.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

jalapeno_dude posted:

If you want to get pumped while waiting for maintenance to end, here are really cool BGM only videos of O4S and the Unending Coil. The phase transitions are *even more awesome* without voice chat or combat sounds to drown them out.

The transition from Phoenix to Golden Bahamut in Ultimut is amazing and I wish I was good enough to get through O4S, let alone that fight.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Servers are up

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i'm going full tidus here

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
4.2: Raubahn's Revenge

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

How are they so dense? Doing this instanced battle thing has NEVER worked.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lemme guess, Sigma starts with another solo instance too, doesn't it? Ugh.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Arist posted:

Lemme guess, Sigma starts with another solo instance too, doesn't it? Ugh.

Yep. Raubahn Ex'ing right now.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
In happier news, I'd like to report that the new claw mount owns and is good. Go buy yours from Jonathas before you forget, not like there's much else to do with achievement points.

"You know what, fine, I'm done. Take me to Garlemald to be executed and/or vivisected, I don't even care anymore."

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

By that logic, would that make EX and Savage fights What Ifs where the WoL still hasn't gotten the Blessing of Light back?

The Blessing of Light and the Echo are separate things.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Hommando posted:

4.2: Raubahn's Revenge

Thal's Balls. :ohdear:

Captain Oblivious posted:

The Blessing of Light and the Echo are separate things.

Yeah, in hindsight that didn't even make sense given that Ravana, Bismarck, and a number of other HW bosses have AOE indicators anyway.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

There is a such level of "I am so goddamn done" here.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Apparently there's a Raubahn Ex in the story too so congratulations on doubling down on your gently caress up Square :3

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

why is more chances to fight Raubahn a bad thing

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

TFRazorsaw posted:

I imagine because it will slow down the lunge towards the new content, as people will have to do the task in question rather than just skip three cutscenes.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Apparently there's a Raubahn Ex in the story too so congratulations on doubling down on your gently caress up Square :3
Sounds like a solid victory for crafters and gathers.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Raubahn's Revenge has struck the patch download servers too, 0.17Mb/s.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

It's a term the community has picked up to address the fact that you can't do instanced battle content, meaning you can't carry on with the story or side content.

Everything combat related that isn't Fractal hard at the moment is locked behind gates because the game doesn't work.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

In happier news, I'd like to report that the new claw mount owns and is good. Go buy yours from Jonathas before you forget, not like there's much else to do with achievement points.

"You know what, fine, I'm done. Take me to Garlemald to be executed and/or vivisected, I don't even care anymore."

"You will find no-one to help you here. Beth DuClare has already been dissected, and placed in cryonic storage."

TFRazorsaw posted:

In this case, we don't literally mean a fight against Raubahn.

At Stormblood launch, there were two solo duties placed fairly closed together. One was triggered by talking to Raubahn, the other was triggered by talking to Pipin.

For..... whatever reason, there weren't enough resources allocated to the instance servers, which then proceeded to instantly crumple and beg for mommy under the weight of millions of nerds trying to rush MSQ. And it's not just a per-server thing either, the instance server serves the entire datacenter.

Some of us were lucky, they got through without any issue.
Some of us were stubborn: they just kept clicking on Raubahn until the instance server let them in.
Some of us were superstitious: they queued in line. See previous statement about how the instance server serves the entire datacenter, not just the one world.
Some of us just hosed off and did something else: Levelled SAM, RDM, or in our particular case, hosed off to Omega and helped Eurogoons found an FC on the brand new EU datacenter.

You managed to avoid all of this by virtue of being a latecomer to Stormblood.

Well, it's happened again. The instance servers are being ground to a pulp by nerds trying to bumrush their way to Sigmascape and beyond.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jan 30, 2018

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
Is there a link of newly added recipes and their materials so I can carefully plan my crafting mode of action until I get home?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Servers are going down again in roughly 15 minutes anyways

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2018/Valentiones_Day/

Two mounts for valentines day

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Go buy yours from Jonathas before you forget, not like there's much else to do with achievement points.
There's also a cute lion dog minion from him too.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I knew we couldn't trust Tuya! She sold Artless and I out to the Garleans!

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
That Kefka fight was underwhelming, my group one shot him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Oh.

Dang, I was hoping I'd get to fight Raubahn again.