Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Shageletic posted:

I saw a woman shepherd a bunch of little kids to Deadpool, and it only took until the dildo holiday sex scene before she rushed them out of there, lol.

Jurassic Park came out when I was ten. I was probably on the cusp of being mature enough to see it (I enjoyed it a lot but had nightmares as well), and I was far from the only kid in the theater, or the youngest. It was chaos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole
Some Pop Figures Avengers Infinity War spoilers:

Groot with a gun! Also Thor's new hammer

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/EscoBlades/status/958185615161483265

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/shallowbrigade/status/958191645316526080
Jesus Marvel/Disney

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Im kinda curious as to whether any of the bp authors were invited

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just curious, was everyone repping Marvel (the comics) white?

site posted:

Im kinda curious as to whether any of the bp authors were invited

I think I saw Coates talking about going.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Welp

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Why is this surprising? If you didn't already know that most of Marvel and DC are racist, you haven't been paying attention.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Well, embarrassingly-lovely invite omissions aside...reactions to the film are apparently very, very, very positive.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/01/30/black-panther-first-reactions-twitter-roundup
http://variety.com/2018/film/news/black-panther-early-reactions-1202681362/

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Was it sufficiently black

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

And apparently the Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer drops tomorrow (today?).

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Not that I don't have confidence in the movie, but premiere impressions are almost always positive. Justice League had 'em.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Wuhblam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRZ5K2nt5j8

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

:suspense:

This looks good.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It’s an ok trailer but it isn’t anywhere as good as this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyGwMqMCta4

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Could you use that growth tech on isolated areas

for example, a penis?

asking for a friend

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

So did that building have a giant suitcase handle installed on it when it was built or what’s going on there

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Not enough Louis imo. I love the design of the title, which sounds like faint praise, but it gives me a really strong fifties B-movie vibe, which is perfect for a film named Ant-Man and the Wasp.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

God, I love Ant-Man.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

TFRazorsaw posted:

So did that building have a giant suitcase handle installed on it when it was built or what’s going on there

Obviously.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That looks cool, and a bit more focused in intent than the last. (Probably because it isn't mired in directorial problems.)

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Ghost is a cool villain and looks cool in this movie

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Also, yay Laurence Fishburne!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Universal and Skybound announced they are developing a Birthright movie, which is a cool Image comic y'all should read.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Dacap posted:

Ghost is a cool villain and looks cool in this movie

Where is he? I didn't notice a main villain in the movie

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Zzulu posted:

Where is he? I didn't notice a main villain in the movie

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also Ghost is a woman in the movie.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I think Walton Goggins is the other villain but I'm not sure if he's playing a comic character or not

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Also Ghost is a woman in the movie.

Misandry!!!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Ghost is obviously Hank's wife right?

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Ant-Man is still awesome, news at eleven

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Kinda looks like a Hunter from Destiny.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

Ghost is obviously Hank's wife right?

That seems unlikely since the actress playing Ghost is half Nigerian.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Is Larry Fishburne playing Bill Foster?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Chill Penguin posted:

Is Larry Fishburne playing Bill Foster?
Yes

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Goddamn I'm excited. Looks like another amazing year is lined up.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

i like tacos posted:

Some Pop Figures Avengers Infinity War spoilers:

Groot with a gun! Also Thor's new hammer

I absolutely love the new villain's (I keep wanting to call them Koopalings) names.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Did Gay's work influence the movie any? I dunno if everyone who ever worked on a character has to get an invite to their movie premier or whatever.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Little Mac posted:

Did Gay's work influence the movie any? I dunno if everyone who ever worked on a character has to get an invite to their movie premier or whatever.

I kind of agree. I mean getting Stan Lee to the premiers of these movies at least makes a little sense as he usually at least has a cameo and (fairly or not) he's often credited with the creation of these characters. But was JMS invited to any of the Spider-man/Thor movie premiers? What about Jim Starlin? Does he have a standing invite to the IW movie debut? Where was Claremont during any of the X-men movies, considering he was writing them at the height of their popularity? Was Rob Leifeld involved in either Deadpool movie other than a "Character created by" credit? (If any of these writers were dead prior to the movies and I'm just stupid, please excuse)

I'm not saying that Disney/Marvel and WB/DC don't have inherit racism in their actions or practices or mission statements. But is this really something to cry racism over? Have they been in the habit of flying in the influential writers out to opening night? My guess is no, and some people are getting up in arms and trying to find fault where there may not be any. Again, not saying they big two don't do racist things, but I don't think this is one of those times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

CzarChasm posted:

I kind of agree. I mean getting Stan Lee to the premiers of these movies at least makes a little sense as he usually at least has a cameo and (fairly or not) he's often credited with the creation of these characters. But was JMS invited to any of the Spider-man/Thor movie premiers? What about Jim Starlin? Does he have a standing invite to the IW movie debut? Where was Claremont during any of the X-men movies, considering he was writing them at the height of their popularity? Was Rob Leifeld involved in either Deadpool movie other than a "Character created by" credit? (If any of these writers were dead prior to the movies and I'm just stupid, please excuse)

I'm not saying that Disney/Marvel and WB/DC don't have inherit racism in their actions or practices or mission statements. But is this really something to cry racism over? Have they been in the habit of flying in the influential writers out to opening night? My guess is no, and some people are getting up in arms and trying to find fault where there may not be any. Again, not saying they big two don't do racist things, but I don't think this is one of those times.

I'm pretty sure Liefeld was in the first movie in the bar. I don't necessarily disagree with what you're saying but even the smallest amount of forward thinking concerning what this means for black people in and out of the industry would tell you they should include everyone who made this moment possible. It's a different animal from a traditional comic book movie based alone on how people have been treating the release of the movie.

• Locked thread