Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I shouldn't be surprised that people who don't know how reality works also don't understand what "de-escalate" means. Not while it's still the title of this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut
Has anyone seen the story about a “kooky” old woman buying books for a college student because she has a meth-addicted son? Apparently it “went viral.”

http://dailyheadline.com/an-old-lady-paid-for-a-customers-books-then-she-said-this-and-left-him-tears/

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Jurgan posted:

Has anyone seen the story about a “kooky” old woman buying books for a college student because she has a meth-addicted son? Apparently it “went viral.”

http://dailyheadline.com/an-old-lady-paid-for-a-customers-books-then-she-said-this-and-left-him-tears/

Paste the text, don't expect anybody to go to dailyheadline.com

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
I'm super impressed by the way you straight executed a dude in front of me. What are you doing Saturday night, hot stuff? :wink:

Jurgan posted:

:wtc: What kind of entitled shithead would even come up with this STDH? Being kind to others means buying hundreds of dollars of stuff for random schlubs that you meet on the street? There wasn't even any backstory on the kid and how he's this down-on-his-luck guy trying to work his way through college while living out of his car. As far as we know, this was some east coast trust fund baby with tons of money and this stupid old biddy is just giving him free poo poo for existing.

This is just amateur hour STDH. Spend less time going "lol aren't I wacky with my chocolate and harry potter" bullshit and more time explaining why the kid was actually Albert Einstein, dumbass.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I think if I were ringing up an old woman who was being that weird and going off on a bunch of chocolate tangents and buying things for people my first reaction would be to call the nearest nursing home and see if they are missing a patient.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Haifisch posted:

"If I was in danger of getting shot, I'd totally turn into Rambo or some poo poo" is my favorite genre of STDH.

The only thing these are missing is the op saying they have a background in krav maga

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Avenging_Mikon posted:

To note, 4Chan is what popularized the term ‘trap’ and it didn’t really have to do with transgender, just being a feminine male. Now that it’s spread a bit, it’s p. much as Chase says

:wrong:

A "Trap" is an area where drugs are sold, most often a house, or, a "trap house."

This colloquialism has been used in this context since at LEAST the early 90's. As far as I can find, trap as a slur was extended to the trans community sometime in the 00's.

Edit: I literally had to google "trap" in relation to trans people, because I've literally never heard it used in any type of slur-type context.

Zipperelli. has a new favorite as of 09:36 on Jan 29, 2018

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Check out gramps with his outdated slang

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Korgan posted:

Check out gramps with his outdated slang

Pretty sure 30 year olds outnumber every other demographic on these dead, gay forums Ok, maybe 40's.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Uh yeah no, trap in the context of pre op MTF transsexuals is deffo a thing. It's part of that hilarious joke where someone gets seduced by a good looking woman but then it turns out she has a dick, what a humiliation for said someone, such laughter for the audience.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Fathis Munk posted:

Uh yeah no, trap in the context of pre op MTF transsexuals is deffo a thing. It's part of that hilarious joke where someone gets seduced by a good looking woman but then it turns out she has a dick, what a humiliation for said someone, such laughter for the audience.

Oh, I'm now well aware that it's a thing, but the euphemism wasn't started with trans people in mind, which is what I was responding to.

Slurs are bad. Don't use slurs.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Zipperelli. posted:

Oh, I'm now well aware that it's a thing, but the euphemism wasn't started with trans people in mind, which is what I was responding to.
Oh my bad

quote:

:agreed:

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Zipperelli. posted:

They're different and unrelated euphemisms. The modern transphobic slur derives from the original meaning of the word and is wholly based on the idea that trans women are "trapping" men, it's as much related to trap houses as it is to the hip hop subgenre trap.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Zipperelli. posted:

Hey gently caress you buddy my mom was a slur

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Hey gently caress you buddy my mom was a slur

So you want us to use your mom?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ilmucche posted:

So you want us to use your mom?

I call seconds!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It used to be a Star Wars meme.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

I'm getting too old for this STDH

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

He only shot once, which is something that OCD John Wick literally cannot do.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Let's re-rail please.

I don't even understand what agenda this supports. Probably a sovereign citizen thing?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

CordlessPen posted:

He only shot once, which is something that OCD John Wick literally cannot do.

I don't even understand what agenda this supports. Probably a sovereign citizen thing?

Nah, it’s IMMA REAL PATRIOT AND CAARY CONSTITUTIONALITY WITH ME AND THE TSA RECOGNITION A REAL MURRICN

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Zipperelli. posted:

:wrong:

A "Trap" is an area where drugs are sold, most often a house, or, a "trap house."

This colloquialism has been used in this context since at LEAST the early 90's. As far as I can find, trap as a slur was extended to the trans community sometime in the 00's.

Edit: I literally had to google "trap" in relation to trans people, because I've literally never heard it used in any type of slur-type context.

And just so I can out-pedant you: "Trap" doesn't refer to a geographical area or a point in space, but rather a situation (often relating to an area where drugs are sold) in which a person has only one option (selling drugs) to survive/provide for dependents/progress in life financially, and is thus "trapped"

A "trap star" is someone who has excelled in this situation, and remaining/returning to "the trap" is when a (usually successful) rapper continues to/goes back to selling drugs, not necessarily that they've going back to live in the neighborhood they originated from. A trap is not a location, it's a set of life-circumstances that one struggles to escape.

:science::black101::science::black101::science::black101::science::black101::science:

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009
Traps are specialized tools used in the fur industry.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Taps is the first song most children learn on the piano.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

black.lion posted:

Taps is the first song most children learn on the piano.

The only Taps I’m familiar with is played on a Trumpet on Remembrance Day. Do you mean chopsticks?

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

No those are utensils used by many eastern cultures to consume food (which, fun fact, sometimes involves uncooked fish!)

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Gats are used for blasting fools away

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
But...should you give tips?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Nuclear War posted:

But...should you give tips?

I got a tip for you: abandon your poor rear end friends

Edit: I thought this was the economic doomsday thread, where that joke would have been topical

THE BIG DOG DADDY has a new favorite as of 03:17 on Jan 30, 2018

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

I got a tip for you: abandon your poor rear end friends

Edit: I thought this was the economic doomsday thread, where that joke would have been topical

No, pour rear end friends is a French term, you uncultured boor!

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Samizdata posted:

Pore rear end is what you exfoliate with a loofah on a stick.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Samizdata posted:

The Boors conquered Spain in the 8th century.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Dr. Clockwork posted:

The Boors conquered Spain in the 8th century.

Boops*

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

No, Snoops is a website that debunks myths. You're thinking of the movie where Bill Murray works on a golf course...you know, Groundhog Day

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

No, Snoops is a website that debunks myths. You're thinking of the movie where Bill Murray works on a golf course...you know, Groundhog Day

No no, groundhogs are a type of small edible crustacean. You're thinking of croissants.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

The_White_Crane posted:

No no, groundhogs are a type of small edible crustacean. You're thinking of croissants.

More like oldpastryless

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Jurgan posted:

Pore rear end is what you exfoliate with a loofah on a stick.
The sponge thing you use in the shower? Are you thinking about a falafel?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
No waffles are those things you eat with butter and syrup.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

oh my lord

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

incorrect; you are a bird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I have my disagreements, but she's not a burden.